ten

SPY

Changsun groaned as he felt his whole body tingled and pins and needles ran up his limbs to his trunk like he was dunk into an ice water. He slowly opened his eyes and raised his head, grimacing at how stiff his joints feels.

          It wasn't that long when he realized he was tied onto a chair and was placed in a middle of dark room. Where was he?

          "!"

          Cursing, Changsun felt panic invading his bloodstream and he tried to wriggled the bond around him loose but it was not going to work. Only after a few minutes he slightly calmed down and tried to remember what had happened.

          Gasping, he remembered all four of MBLAQ members were on the way home after a long tiring day and Seungho asked to be dropped off at hospital to visit Cheolyong despite Byungki trying to reason with the leader that Cheolyong wouldn't even be awake at that time of the night but then again, when Seungho had made a final decision, even the highest rank in the Jtune company couldn't say a word against the stern lad.

          Seungho had also told the others to get back home and rest and that there was no need for all of them to be there. The others had agreed since they were really tired but halfway through, Byunghee had voiced out his concern over the maknae and saying that he was sure he wouldn't be able to sleep properly at dorm since he would be thinking of the maknae, so it was better to accompany the maknae at the hospital.

          Changsun and Sanghyun had nodded in agreement and with little groan of defeat from Byungki, he took a U-turn and headed back towards the hospital. That was when Changsun realized a car had been following their van. He had informed the others. At first he was a bit suspicious of the car but his suspicion was confirmed when he noticed the car took the same U-turn after them.

          Worried of their safety, Byungki speed down the road but the car followed right behind and the others were starting to panic and even Sanghyun was on the brink of tears at the unexpected car chasing. They sped past the hospital, and not too far after, luck left them when their van lost control and the van slide off the road and hit a tree. It wasn't too much of impact and there was not much damages done on the people inside the van but it was enough to cause all of them to lost their consciousness.

          And Changsun couldn't be more sure. He was taken away at that time.

          Cursing under his breath, Changsun felt cold sweat ran down his temple and he looked around the dark room. It was felt with boxes arranged into tall piles around him and he cursed even more when the doorknob jingled and later the door was opened, allowing the flourescent blue light from outside to enter the room before the light in this room itself was being flicked open.

          Changsun flinched at the bright light assaulting his eyes and slowly adjusted his sight to get clearer view of the figure now waltzing closer towards him.

          "Lee Joon… MBLAQ Lee Joon the popular idol and talented actor." The figure spoke, half of his face was covered by his black hat as he towered over Changsun who was tied down on the chair, a mocking smile over his lips. "How does it feels to finally stand on those stages, gaining the fame over someone else's failure?"

          "Who are you?" Changsun asked, voice roughed up and deeper than usual.

          "Who am I?" The figure chuckled darkly. "Forgot about me so easily?"

          "Hey! Didn't I say to leave him alone?" Another figure stomped into the room. Slender and feminine and…

          "Minyoung-shi?" Changsun gasped. "Minyoung-shi. What are you doing here?" Changsun asked in shocked, unable to wrap his head around the situation.

          Minyoung flashed her beautiful smile before crouching in front of Changsun, looking up at him with brightness and happiness in her eyes. "Didn't I say we will meet again? And now here you are and we will finally be together." She said dreamily, running her hand over Changsun's cheek. "You're so handsome." She sighed in content.

          "Y-you're crazy!" Changsun tried his best to back away from Minyoung's touch but was in vain with his now tied freedom.

          Minyoung chukled, somehow it was obvious she tried to be flirty with the tied up victim. "No. Your other fans are crazy. I'm just saving you from those crazy fangirls. Here, you'll be safe and we'll be happy."

          "Release me now!" Changsun snapped, glaring at Minyoung and the guy who now was standing quietly by the side. "What have I ever done to you?"

          Minyoung looked worried when she saw tears forming inside Changsun's almond eyes. She stood back up again and wrapped her thin arm around Changsun's head and forced Changsun to lied his head against her chest. "Shh… It's okay. Don't cry. I know everything will be fine now that we're together. No one can harm you." She cooed and pulled away. "I know. Why don't we eat. You like sushi, don't you?" With gleeful smile, she skipped out of the room, leaving Changsun with that other guy.

          The guy smirked. "Amusing." He whispered mockingly. "I guess she'll do better job than me at torturing you."

          "Who the are you?!" Changsun half-shouted.

          Another smirk, this time wider before the guy reached up and removed his cap. And Changsun was taken aback to see the face he would never have expected to see.

          "M-Minki?"

          Minki laughed his fake laugh before his face smoothen up again, looking down at Changsun with cold eyes. "So you do remember me." He smirked and leaned down to level his eyes with the scared victim and leaned closer to Changsun's face. "I assumed you remember what you have done to me?"

          Changsun shook his head. "It wasn't my fault!"

          "If you have stayed quiet, then I wouldn't have gotten kicked out of the company! And now no company would accept me as their trainees! My dream is destroyed! By you!" Minki growled, pointing accusingly towards Changsun. He exhaled. "I have lived with my broken dream. Do you even know how important my dream is? I even ditched my own family to reach that dream and you take it away so easily from me."

          "M-Minki, I-"

          "Shut the up!" Minki paced around the room, biting his own nails, looking so emotionally disturbed as he remember the past. "I can't get into any other company after that. At first, I hate on Sangbae and Cheolyong. Sangbae told on me to the company higher up. And Cheolyong. He took my place. I was supposed to be the best rapper. But because of them! Because of them I was robbed of my own dream. But then I remembered. The one that had stopped Cheolyong from drinking that tea, was you. Because of you that Sangbae suspected me! And finally rat me out!" He narrowed his eyes. "It was you who was the real reason that got me kicked out."

          Changsun gritted his teeth. "Of course I would stop Cheolyong! I saw you putting something in that tea! You expect me to stay quiet? No! Even if the time will turn back, I'd still do the same thing!" He inhaled, tossing away his earlier fear at the thought of Cheolyong who was now one of the important member of MBLAQ. The maknae whom take care of his hyungs carefully. The precious maknae and he was glad it wasn't Minki who debut with them. "If you really are the best rapper, you wouldn't have used such dirty trick to win over our Cheolyong."

          "Our Cheolyong? Wow! Now he is your Cheolyong, huh? Don't you remember how much you hate him when he first enter the company? Or do you choose to forget now that you have debuted with him and now under his brother in-law's mercy?"

          "I never hate him. At first, yes, I thought it was unfair that he got in through his family connection while I have to work my off floating from one audition to another without an end." Changsun's featured softened at his next words. "But then, he showed me, he showed all of us that he, too, didn't have it easy. It never about his connection that he got it easy but it always that because of his connection that he tried even harder than anyone else. He always said he need to prove himself and stand on the same level as all of us. He started with knowing nothing." Changsun let a soft smile caressed his lips. "He stumbled all over the place, his Jangsung dialect never left him as he practiced his rap but then." Changsun face turned stern again as he glared at Minki. "He caught up with us all. He was even better than you. Admit it! That's why you were ing terrified when the management decided to fire two rappers that day and you use that dirty trick to win over Cheolyong."

          Minki let out a raging yell and lift up his hand, ready to strike down on defenseless Changsun when Minyoung walked in, scolded the guy. "Don't you dare touch him! Remember who paid you all these time. OUT! NOW!" Minyoung screamed.

          With begrudging growl, Minki stomped out of the room. And eventhough Changsun was kind of thankful to his crazed fan but he was not exactly comfortable being left alone with her in this room.

          "I brought your favorite sushi!" Minyoung smiled widely and set herself on Changsun's laps and tried to feed the dancer.

          Changsun stubbornly pressed his lips together and after a few more tries, Minyoung put away the sushi but still positioning herself on Changsun's laps.

          "AH! I know!" Minyoung started again. "If you don't want to eat, then let's watch the show where you have taken part in." She took out her phone, fumbling with her gadget before turning herself to lean her back against Changsun's chest.

          They watched the show in silence with a few little giggles here and there from Minyoung but she stopped laughing abruptly and tensed up when one of the girl idol in that show acted too closely to Changsun.

          "That !" She shrieked. "She must have forced you to look at her that way, right? Did she threatened you? It's okay Joonie. I'll not let anyone separate us ever again. I know…" She stood up and went to one corner of the room. "We can't be together as long as we're in this world. You're an idol and I'm just a girl. No matter how much we love each other, the world won't let us be. Your fans won't let us be." She took out a small bottle of liquid and uncapped the glass bottle. "But we can be together if you quit being an idol." She walked closer back to Changsun and out of accident, the content of the bottle slightly spilled down and it was boiling and bubbling up like hot water once it hits the ground.

          "S-stop! S-stop!" Changsun panicked once he realized that might be acid in that bottle.

          "It's okay Joonie. Even if your face is damaged, I'll still think you as the same handsome Joonie you always be. Those fangirls of yours are not like me. They only like your good look but I love you for who you are. So, it's okay to get some scar over your face, I'll still love you." Now she was standing right in front of Changsun, pretending she didn't hear any of the pleas from Changsun for her to stop. "It's okay. It will end in a blink of eyes."

          Changsun squeezed shut his eyes but opened them back again when he heard the sound of glass breaking and a dull 'thud' only to see Minyoung on the floor, unconscious and the acid bottle had shattered not too far from when Minyoung was. Changsun lifted up his head as his eyes caught a black army boots, trailing his eyes up along the figure wrapped inside a full set of dark costume and reached the face covered by a skull mask and a hood pulled over the head. And a pair of eyes which seemed quite familiar.

          "Who-" Changsun's question was cut short when Minki, who somehow had sneaked in silently and struck on the myterious figure with a wood. The wood splintered at the force once it hit the dark figure's back. The figure, now Changsun recognized as a boy was thrown forwards and bumped onto him. Both of them fall with the chair and the boy in the black suit was hovering over Changsun, hissing in pain and that was when Changsun heard a jingle. Following that sound, Changsun's face paled at the sight of the pendant in a form if golden bell that he swore he had seen somewhere. Could he know who was this mysterious boy is? He was sure, this boy felt so familiar, so close to him, not like a stranger. But who?

          Cheolyong, making sure his mask were still covering his identity, quickly took out a shuriken blade and with one swift swing, the blade cut through the rope holding Changsun down, however, only one of Changsun's hand was free and the older had to fumble with the other rope still bounding him strongly. Standing back on his feet, the wood came down to struck on him again but he caught it with ease and twisted the weapon out of Minki's hand easily. Even after being attacked from behind and even with his injuries, Cheolyong easily dominated the fight but Minki was too stubborn. He won't back out even with burst lips, bruised face and a broken ankle.

          Pissed off, Cheolyong took out his gun and pointed to Minki but he didn't manage to fire a shot when Changsun shouted from behind, struggling on the floor with the rope bounding him still.

          "NO! STOP!"

          Cheolyong tilted his head slightly but kept his back on Changsun.

          "Please, don't. Don't kill him. Don't kill…" Changsun pleaded, trying to untie himself faster.

          But his pleas fall on the deaf ears and a shot was fired. The bullet sunk into Minki's chest followed by grieving shout by the latter.

          "N-No…" Changsun whispered, couldn't believe when he saw.

          "If I were you, I won't move." Cheolyong spoke after pushing on the button on his mask to alter his voice. "The bullet didn't hit any major part but if you move, it'll for sure nick your aorta and you'll bleed to death before any help came."

          Just when Cheolyong finished talking, the door flung opened and hit the wall in loud bam.

          "Don't move!"

          Cheolyong stopped and glanced to the door when a few polices wearing casual clothes now pointing a gun at him. How did these police knew? It was something Cheolyong didn't have time to think off as he tumbled towards the boxes even while in the air, he release a shot that hit right onto the only source of light in the room, leaving them in complete darkness. He threw himself against the window, falling out of the store and ran away from the site. At least he knew Changsun was safe now that the polices were there.

          But how did they knew?

          And from far, he heard Changsun's voice, "Seungho hyung? What are you doing here-"

          Seungho?

 

############

 

Cheolyong stumbled into his ward room. His breath quickened and he cursed himself now that he realized he had taken more damage than he had thought. Not only the wood that had struck his back had cause more damage to his newly operated back, throwing himself against the glass window was also not a good idea now that he was bleeding from an unfortunate luck in a form of glass shard that had impaled in between his ribs.

          Cursing some more, Cheolyong pulled out the shard and dump it by his feet. The pain was too much and the room started spinning. No. He couldn't just collapse here, still in his uniform with all these injuries. Why did he came back here in the first place anyway? Idiot! Idiot that I am!

          Turning slowly, Cheolyong's mind was filled with the thought of getting out of here but his limbs felt heavy. This was not right. He was on the brink of losing his consciousness. Hitting the button on his wristwatch, he sent an emergency text to Jinwoon before he collapsed on the floor just the second after. No replies.

          Where on earth is this guy when I need him?!

          Not knowing how much time had passed since he hit the button for Jinwoon, Cheolyong just lied there, weakly on the floor, waiting for his partner to arrive and get him out of here. His eyesight became blurrier as time passed and he barely registered the sound of the door to his room opening and a lone figure appeared from behind the door. As the figure approached him, Cheolyong couldn't help but let his heavy eyes closed.

          And everything became dark…