four

SPY

The heater is broken again in the dorm. And Cheolyong had decided to just crash his tired body inside of the practice room at Jtune building, bringing with him a comforter and a pillow.

          Throwing the comforter onto the floor, Cheolyong dove into the fluffy material just right after with a large soft pillow in his clutch. Stretching his back like a cat, Cheolyong groaned at the feeling of his back muscle relaxing after much straining. Rolling around, he grabbed the edge of the comforter and rolled a bit more until the comforter was wrapped around him, giving warmth that he totally immersed into.

          Voila!

          A human sushi. Cheolyong chuckled at himself but stopped abruptly, shaking his head and straightening his face. No… Why did he laughed more these days. He shouldn't. It was distracting…

          New mission hadn't come in yet but he believed the report of his success of joining an idol group had reached north and it was just a matter of time before he would receive another mission. Another mission he was hoping would arrive sooner than later so as to remind him who he was. A nameless subject among others in North. He kind of need that. As soon as possible. Before he made an irreversible mistake. Before he forget who his real self was.

          Cheolyong closed his eyes but he wasn't fully asleep. He was never truly asleep. His senses were alert even when he was resting his tired body. That was how he had been trained. And that was why, two hours into his much needed sleep, Cheolyong sensed someone coming inside the practice room but he waited silently, didn't even open his eyes, pretending to still be sleeping.

          "Eoh? This kid is here too?"

          Oh… So, it was Changsun and later he heard the footsteps coming closer and past him before he heard sound of Changsun groaning and shuffling. Cheolyong opened his eyes in narrow slits, peering at Changsun whom apparently had landed on the floor a few meters away from where Cheolyong was lying at.

          "Heater is broken." Another came in. Seungho.

          "Yup. Going to crash here too?" Changsun replied back.

          "Yep. Here is warmer." Seungho answered. "Oh? Our maknae sure is fast." A set of soft chuckles followed.

          "At least he's bright enough to bring comforter and pillow with him." Byunghee came in right after, followed by quiet Sanghyun. The main vocalist of the group kicked slightly on Cheolyong's side. "Yah maknae, share with me." He demanded.

          Cheolyong pretended like he didn't hear, like he was deeply asleep but it didn't stop Byunghee from tugging on the comforter until he was rolled out of his comforting warmth and was ditched on the cold floor. Cheolyong scowled in his head but kept his façade of sleeping strongly.

          Aisy! This hyung is really…

          But he didn't manage to complain further inside his mind when he felt Byunghee pulling back on him until he was back on the comforter, albeit now having to share with the older boy as he felt the other's warmth right next to him. He wouldn't admit it but it was quite… Comfortable.

          "I want in too~" Seungho whined, pushing himself in between Byunghee and Cheolyong.

          "Aish! Let me sleep!" Cheolyong finally exploded, jutting out his lower lip as he scooted a bit to give space for the leader to sleep. "You two should bring your own comforter." He complained despite already openly allowed the oldest two members of the group to share the comforter with him.

          "What you rascal?" Seungho his side to face Cheolyong and wrapped his legs around the maknae's slim waist, his arms went around the maknae's neck, completely locking the youngest in a choking position. "I dare you to say it again." He threatened playfully.

          Cheolyong coughed, squirming weakly inside Seungho's clutch. "Mianhaeyo, hyungnim… Mianhae imnida!" He pleaded.

          "Now, that's more like it." Seungho slowly unfurled his limbs from around Cheolyong and patted the coughing maknae's head.

          "Brutal." Byunghee cackled.

          "That's what I call, Seungho's way of disciplining." Seungho defended.

          "Still brutal." Changsun chimed from his spot, seemingly still laughing at the poor maknae.

          Cheolyong pouted, scooting to the edge and curled into himself. He made sure he scan all four of the boys including the all so quiet Sanghyun and printed in his mind each of their position but when he felt Seungho moved slightly only to have the oldest's heavy arm draped over him, he found himself slowly drifting to sleep easily.

          It was crowded, and Seungho's arm is heavy.

          But it was warm…

          Why was South Korea so warm? The first time Cheolyong arrived in this place, he simply couldn't figure out why people treated him so gently. Why these enemies of his country were always kind with each others? In North, he was taught to only care about himself, otherwise, he wouldn't survive. The form of kindness that he had been taught was to always trained yourself either to be stronger or to be smarter. Here, he was taught to feel… feelings other than hatred and lust to kill.

          Cheolyong bit his lips. No… This is his enemy's place, enemy's country. He needed his guard up all the time. These people… These people only treated him nicely just because they didn't know who he truly is and if they knew…

          "What's wrong?"

          Cheolyong tensed up at the sound of Seungho's half asleep voice and a hand rubbing his arm gently. Comfortingly. Lucky for the maknae, he was lying with his back on Seungho, so the older won't get to see the wince painting his features. When he felt the leader moved, Cheolyong instantly closed his eyes and smoothing his features, pretending to be asleep just in time before he felt Seungho looming over him, probably trying to peer up at his face.

          "What is it?" This time it was Byunghee.

          "No… I thought I felt Cheolyong tensing up just now." Seungho explained.

          "Maybe he's having a bad dream?" Byunghee tried.

          "Just switch off the light. He's probably disturbed by the light." Changsun suggested from across the room.

          "On it." Sanghyun answered, already jogging towards the switch and in the matter of seconds, the practice room was left in dark.

          And all of five boys soon drifted into a deep sleep. Or maybe except for Cheolyong. His usually dreamless sleep now plagued with hope. Hope for happiness. Something that equal to a nightmare in Cheolyong's world…

 

###################

 

It was nothing to Cheolyong. Like he said before, lying was a part of his life, in fact, lying had became all his life was about, so, meeting his partner in crime Jinwoon at such an unexpected place wasn't about to rattle the lies he had built around him for almost his whole life. And he had been observing. Jinwoon did quite well getting along with other casts in this variety show they would be recording in just a few minutes.

          "Why did you greet him formally?" Byunghee arched one brow at the maknae who apparently was getting prepared on the next recording to come.

          "Huh?" Cheolyong made a dumbfounded face, didn't know what Byunghee was getting at.

          "Jinwoon." Cheolyong swallowed but never made any move yet. "Remember last week at the Music Bank?"

          Cheolyong rolled his eyes upward, pursing his pouty lips into thin line, trying to remember what had happened last week at Music Bank. Well, them, MBLAQ had performed their debut song there… What else…?

          "Aigoo… You're such a confused child." Byunghee pinched on Cheolyong's cheek, pulling on that chubby cheek playfully, enjoying the funny way Cheolyong's delicate features contorted into. "We greeted 2am sunbaes and gave them our CD. That time, you greeted Jinwoon politely and Jinwoon actually acted as if he was older than you when you're similar in age. It's quite cute and funny to be honest."

          "EH??? WE MET 2AM BEFORE?!" Cheolyong shouted, like he always did. After all, this Cheolyong was supposed to be loud and hyper and simply have no care for other people opinion. A life of an honest and happy child. But, hey, this time he was really shocked.

          "Yea. Don't remember?" Byunghee asked back, laughing at Cheolyong's loudness.

          Cheolyong shook his head. He honestly didn't remember. That day, MBLAQ had to greet a lot of senior singers and when he said a lot, that meant a hell lot. Maybe during those time of confusion, Jinwoon's existence had somehow passed his sight. Damn… How could he be so careless as not to even recognized his fellow agent passing by him? Given that Jinwoon kind of changed physically since the last time they met which were years ago. He was taller, his features more defined and overall looking good.

          "He's of your age, just so you know." Byunghee informed. "You should get along with him."

          "Hurm… Well, I should do that." Cheolyong put down the script he had been reading and winked to Byunghee who laughed in response before making his way towards Jinwoon, putting little bounce in his steps. "Hey, there."

          Jinwoon looked up from his conversation with his manager, a sincere smile adorned his face. He was genuinely pleasant to meet Cheolyong again. Sure, they each knew the mission they had each been entrusted with, similar mission in a way. "Hi…" Jinwoon gave a small wave at the smaller boy.

          "We're same age, huh?" Cheolyong tilted his head to side, smiling cutely.

          And even if Jinwoon was deeply amazed at this character of Cheolyong whom didn't fit even a bit with the one he had known as AD105, he didn't let it show. "I guess we are. Sorry for not acknowledging it before but you look kind of cute when you greet me politely." Jinwon grinned.

          "Hey, that's not nice." Cheolyong lightly punched Jinwoon's arm. "Then, we can be friend." Cheolyong intentionally put a certain tone in the word 'friend'. A glint of the old AD105 could be seen from deep inside his eyes for a short second to show Jinwoon that he never forget where they came from and what they were assigned before the happy Cheolyong came back with innocent gleeful smile.

          "Friend. My pleasure." Jinwoon held out his hand and even with a confused look, Cheolyong still took Jinwoon's hand into a handshake. Jinwoon tugged slightly and leaned closer to Cheolyong's face, smirking at the innocent look Cheolyong was putting on. "As a friend, I'd like to ask you out to hanging out like friends should do. Going to fishing or movie or anything."

          Cheolyong stared into Jinwoon's small eyes, one brow slowly arched up as he let the words sunk. "Fishing?" Jinwoon nodded. "You have been fishing before?" Cheolyong narrowed his eyes. 'Fishing' was their word of carrying out mission to get rid of someone or something. Another nod. Cheolyong gritted his teeth. Why didn't he get any real mission but Jinwoon did? "Alright… Let's go fishing together sometimes." Cheoyong managed through tightly clenched jaw.

          "Don't be like that. I just started fishing as well and it's not like I was going for a big fish."

          "Really? Then maybe next time you should aim for large fishes instead of small fries."

          "You know that is not in my hand." Jinwoon grinned, his eyes flickered over Cheolyong's shoulder when he noticed Changsun coming their way.

          "Hello, hyung." Jinwoon greeted politely.

          Changsun smiled sweetly, waving at Jinwoon as he came to a stop right beside Cheolyong whom was looking up at him curiously. "What are you guys talking about?"

          "Just about fishing." Jinwoon answered.

          "Fishing?" Changsun tilted his head towards Cheolyong whom shrugged with a smile that held back some humor. "You guys get along fast…" Changsun mumbled.

          "I'm just that friendly." Cheolyong chirped, jumping slightly on his spot as he clung onto Changsun's muscly arm. "Right, hyung?" He made up some aegyo just to prove his point.

          "Uh… No…" Changsun answered dryly.

          "What… I am friendly." Cheolyong pouted.

          "Yeah, right. We're still awkward. You and Sanghyun didn't get along as well." Changsun shot back.

          Cheolyong pulled away, resting his hands over his waist as he frowned. "That's not my fault. You're the one who don't like me. And Sanghyun hyung. He's just… Ugh! I don't know about him. He's too quiet." Cheolyong turned to Jinwoon who was just watching quietly and went straight to the other and wrapped his arm around Jinwoon, faking his playful cries into Jinwoon's chest. "You see. My hyung don't like me. The cruel life of a maknae."

          "Hey, I don't not like you." Changsun said and suddenly looked embarrassed at his own confusing statement. "Anyway." Changsun turned back his attention on Jinwoon whom was trying to hold back a laugh. "Before I forget, the director saw you guys just now and he likes the close friendship between both of you."

          Cheolyong pulled away from Jinwoon and both of them look at each other.

          "So, there will be slight change in the script." Changsun said and cleared his throat, fidgeting a bit as color rose to his cheeks. "They want you two to kiss."

          "WHAT?" Two pairs of eyes directed on Changsun in shock.

          Changsun jolted back, raising his hands and waved. "Aniyo! Not really kissing. Just for the sake of recording. Just an act. You guys only need to stay close like you did just now. You know, when Jinwoon leaned in close to you. That's all. You're not going to… Urm… Kiss for real. Okay, that's it. You two figure it out yourself." And the older shuffled away, looking even more embarrassed than the two boys who had to actually act like they were kissing.

          "…Hmm." Cheolyong hummed. "Kiss, huh?" He peered up at Jinwoon. "Well, since we're both professional, I guess it will be fine."

          Jinwoon nodded and randomly grabbed Cheolyong's hand. "Now then, return my watch back." He whispered.

          Cheolyong smirked. So, Jinwoon did noticed the hug just now was a faux as Cheolyong just took advantage to steal Jinwoon's wristwatch, the gadget they had been given by their organization under AD unit. "What are you talking about, chingu?"

          Jinwoon rolled his eyes as he s his hands around Cheolyong, digging into Cheolyong's winter jacket pocket and slipped his wristwatch out. Since when did Cheolyong being so playful? Was this also an act or…

          "You didn't lie. You really did just start fishing. Small fish…" Cheolyong jibed, flashing a crook smile as he walked backwards and away from Jinwoon with mischievous glint in his large brown eyes.

          Jinwoon smirked. Cheolyong managed to read the information inside the device in such short time? "Impressive. Like always."

 

##############

 

Cheolyong walked back home, yawning into his palm and sniffing slightly when he felt the cold autumn night breeze was getting to him. He looked around him. It wasn't that late in the night. At least he finished his schedule earlier than the other hyungs so maybe he could have some peace of mind in the dorm.

          Since it was rare for him to have such free time like this, not to mention tomorrow he had nothing on his tab so he had decided to go home by himself from the recording studio, taking a bus one stop away and now walking leisurely as he let his eyes watched the beautiful night life. All the light shining along the walkway, glimmering with such beauty that awe him.

          A sigh escaped his lips. Before… In North, time like this, it was dark all over the country. There was no light and no one dare to step out of their house. It was said to be the rule for their own good. What good? He still couldn't figure it out. Or was North just like him. A whole of nothing but lies. Then again, he was a part of North and North was all of him. It was all he lived for. This was how it was and how it would always be.

          Cheolyong's thought was yanked back into present when he realized that he was being followed. Clicking his tongue, Cheolyong didn't let it show that he had noticed the dark figure hiding by blending among the other passerby. So he was right. He was being follow. He had kind of suspect it back from the recording studio but he almost dismissed it as his own paranoia. No. His instinct was right from the beginning.

          Cheolyong slipped himself into a more crowded sidewalk and made a sharp turn into a dark hidden alley. He leaned his back against the wall there and waited in the shadow.

          He smirked.

          "Who are you?" Cheolyong asked, hearing the soft click of gun and turned around to see a barrel staring down on him and a face hidden behind a blood red muffler.

          "I'm here just to remind you not to forget who you are." The voice sounded quite familiar but then again, a lot of boys have this type of voice.

          "What batch are you from." Cheolyong asked, still calm and collected and that crooked smile on his face never left his lips. He was unfazed even with the gun directed right into his face.

          "AD 105, Sir Jiman told me to just relay this message to you. Don't forget the reason you're here in the first place. This is just a kind reminder."

          "You little brat, I ask you for your number and batch!" Cheolyong hissed and gasped when another hand that wasn't holding the gun pointed towards him targeting his stomach. Fast, Cheolyong flipped backward and let his leg went up for a high kick towards the red muffler but the other dark figure was definitely have speed that almost match Cheolyong.

          They were exchanging a few kicks and punches, their fight was generally yield no sound but the boy with red muffler suddenly crouched down when Cheolyong threw a side hook and Cheolyong followed right after, extending one leg in intention to kicked the boy's foot of the ground only to see the boy in the black launching himself up in the air, jumping lightly onto the trashcan nearby and literally ran up the wall before his hands caught the edge of the roof, dangling there for a bit before swinging himself into a few turns in the air and landed easily on the roof there, defying the gravity.

          Cheolyong took out a small shuriken he kept hidden in his boots and threw it in the other's direction, slicing the night air and eventually the boy's wrist. The boy with the muffler hissed and palmed his now bleeding left wrist before he ran away into the dark night.

          Cheolyong was about to tail after the boy when he heard sound of voice so familiar calling his name in surprise. "Cheolyong-ah? Is that you?"

          Cheolyong stopped midway. He was standing over the large green garbage bin and was about to launch himself up onto the roof when he turned to find Sanghyun looking up at him with wide eyes. "Oh… Hyung…" He greeted back awkwardly, cursing for not being able to chase after the boy with red muffler.

          "What are you doing up there?" Sanghyun asked, frowning while reaching up his hand to Cheolyong.

          "Just… Taking some air." Cheolyong joke. "The air is fresh here, like… Like a very refreshing… Landfill…? Hehe…"

          Sanghyun chuckled at the maknae's silliness and gripped firmly on the maknae's hand when he felt the other taking his offered hand to help him down. "You're such a weird kid." He stretched out another hand when the maknae jumped down as caution, ready to catch the younger if the younger stumbled.

          "Like you don't know me." Cheolyong grinned showing the set of his lines of white teeth.

          "Actually, yea. I don't know you. I would like to, though. If only you're not avoiding me."

          Cheolyong blinked. "Don't say weird thing hyung. I have never avoided you. What are you doing here anyway?"

          Sanghyun shrugged. "Byungki hyung told me you're walking home so I thought that's quite a good idea. It's been a long time since I walk home and just enjoy the time alone when I heard weird sound coming from here and hey, it turns out just some stray puppy going through the trash." Sanghyun teased, pinching on Cheolyong's button nose.

          "I am not a stray puppy and I don't go through the trash." Cheolyong's voice sound nasally as he smacked on Sanghyun's hand a few times until the older released his reddened nose.

          "Seriously though. What are you doing here-"

          Cheolyong intentionally yawned loudly, stretching his hands up in the air and looked back to the taller boy with innocent look he could pulled off without any effort. "I'm tired. Let's go home. If we stay here any longer, the smell will stick on us and we'll be joining Changsun hyung being dragged into bathtub by Byunghee hyung." Cheolyong pushed his palms onto Sanghyun's back, forcing the older to walked ahead and that was when he pulled onto the thin almost invisible string wrapped around his fingers and his shuriken flew back to him and he caught the blade effortlessly and stealthily without letting Sanghyun noticed his doing.

          Every single of his shuriken was tied with thin thread so he could easily retrieve his weapon again. Cheolyong looked at his weapon and smirked seeing how he managed to retrieve the boy in the red muffler wristband. That was his intention from the start. He was aiming for the wristband and the splotch of blood on the brown leather wristband was a bonus for him. He put both his weapon and the blood stained wristband into his jacket pocket when he felt Sanghyun turning to look over at him.

          "Let's go, hyung." He continued ushering Sanghyun out of the alley and down the roadside when another set of very familiar voices calling after them. Cheolyong rolled his eyes. How the hell were there such coincidence and he swore they didn't made any appointment with those people to meet here at this time ahead.

          "Waa~ Uri maknae-line!" Changsun bounced away from Seungho's and Byunghee's grip and went straight into Sanghyun's arm. "I hug Sandara Park's dongsaeng-" His slurred words were cut off when Cheolyong quickly covered his mouth.

          "Hush! Do you want people to recognize us and stomped on all us five?" Cheolyong nagged, pulling away only to pull up his hoodie to cover his long brown locks.

          "It's not that long since we debut. I'm pretty sure no one would recognize us." Sanghyun chuckled.

          "Of course you would take your favorite hyung's side." Cheolyong muttered, glancing over his shoulder when Seungho and Byunghee finally joined their small meeting. "Is he drunk?" He asked, pointing at Changsun who was now all over Sanghyun saying Sanghyun such a good dongsaeng and all unlike the real maknae, Cheolyong, who destroyed his image by posting his lame picture from his past on the his minihompy.

          "Yea. He refused to get into our van and tried to ran off so Byunghee and I have to make sure he won't cause trouble." Seungho explained.

          "They have this gathering every week. And he always ended up drunk and sleep at weird places. If we're not there for him, he might ended up sleeping with monkeys in the zoo." Byunghee added. "He's the one filming the movie and he's the one to join the gathering but I'm always the one feeling tired by the end of the week."

          Cheolyong snorted. "That's because you have to take care of a drunk idiot."

          "Hey, watch your words." Seungho frowned.

          "Opps…" Cheolyong blinked cutely to get himself out of the trouble with the leader and like always, he succeeded.

          "Why are we standing around here, let's go home. Changsun-ah. Stop trying to kiss Sanghyun or Sandara-shi will find you and cut your head off." Byunghee said and pulled Changsun off of struggling Sanghyun and dragged the drunk boy by his collar jacket down the road followed by Sanghyun and Seungho.

          Seungho halted after a few steps, stopping to look over his shoulder at Cheolyong who was looking at a direction away from him. "Cheolyong-ah?" He called. "Are you coming?"

          Cheolyong squinted his eyes before smoothing his expression once he turned to face Seungho. "Yup, hyung." He skipped to Seungho's side and clung on Seungho's arm as they walked side by side but he did threw one final glance behind. To a silver car with heavy tinted windows. It seemed that, there was more than one people was following after him or maybe this one was after the other members?

          Who and why?

          He would find it out later.

 

Sorry for the lame story but I'm trying to fix this. The chance of this getting better? Low... LOL