CHAPTER 8 | Unsure

this, I love you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

|NEXT DAY|

When Sehun woke up in the morning, it was already lunchtime. He sat up in the bed, but didn’t want to leave it – since it was Saturday, he wanted to enjoy every little minute of resting.

But when he took a glance at the door, memories from last night came back, and Sehun felt like he is hit by a hammer. He pressed Luhan to that door, when they kissed. Kissed. The word echoed in his mind, and he felt embarrassed, realizing, what they did. They are stepbrothers, unable to get together. His heart ached at the thought that he should end this, while this thing between them is new, or… fragile.

Walking downstairs and noticing Luhan in the living room, he quickly realized he wouldn’t be able to do that. His mind fulfilled with thoughts like giving a morning kiss to the other, but instead of making it real, he just sat down to the armchair, looking out of the window. He made a mistake yesterday night, and though he had something towards Luhan, it has to be infatuation. Hell, it must be. So, avoiding to look at Luhan, he turned the TV on to search something watchable.

‘’Sehun, you have woken up! Finally!’’ Taeyeon arrived home, probably from grocery shopping, because she had several plastic bags in her hands. As his mother put down the stuff she bought, she disappeared in the kitchen. ‘’We’ll have dinner tonight with an important client and his wife. That’s why your father is still working, and I have to manage a super cool dinner.’’ She appeared in the living room, watching the boys for a few seconds. ‘’Would you mind helping me?’’ She added.

‘’Of course, no problem.’’ Luhan quickly stood up, his lips curved into a light smile. Sehun had a feeling that he just wanted to exit the room, and when Luhan didn’t throw any glances at him leaving the room, he was sure by then.

Having his mother’s hard glance on himself, Sehun stood up with a sigh and headed to the kitchen.

‘’What can I help you with?’’ He asked sarcastically. Taeyeon was reading a cookbook, while Luhan was slicing the vegetables.

‘’Help Luhan to slice.’’ She ordered. Sehun grimaced when sat down beside Luhan, who was slicing a potato. Taking a carrot and a knife, he began his work too.

 

‘’Aa, aish!’’ Sehun dropped the knife, squeezing his hurt finger. It wasn’t a big injury, but it was bleeding. Seemed like Luhan got out of his ignorant style, because he rushed to the cupboard, to bring a band aid. Taeyeon let the boy handle it, since she was about to save the pork belly she coincidentally bathed in the egg yolk, which she needed to make another dish.

Luhan tried to put the band aid onto Sehun’s wound, but the boy took his hand away. ‘’I can handle it.’’ He said on a cool tone, taking the band aid from Luhan and putting on to his finger. Luhan raised his eyebrows at the other’s movement, but sat down immediately trying to cover the hurt in his eyes.

 

Mr. Oh called them up from work, and ordered to dress up properly, set the table and clean the house until six o’clock. Taeyeon complimented that the house is always clean, but demanded the boys to clean their own rooms.

Ended up working all day on a Saturday, Sehun didn’t feel relaxed at all. After he finished tidying his room, he wanted to lay down a little, but his mother appeared in his room, like if she felt that he was ready.

‘’If it is not a big task, can you set the table with Luhan?’’

‘’It’s a big task mom, I think I can’t handle it.’’ Sehun rolled his eyes, finally laying down into his admired bed.

‘’I know you’re tired, but this is the only thing. Luhan and you don’t have to take part in the dinner, so please just help me with this, so I can get ready in time.’’ His mother looked a little desperate, and seeing that, Sehun got up just to set that damn table.

After he finished, he had to dress up, because the parents wanted to introduce Luhan and him to the couple.

When the doorbell rang, Mrs. Oh ordered them to sit down in the living room, waiting for being introduced. Luhan looked nervous, as he squeezed his fingers a little. Sehun wanted to comfort him, but before he could have done anything, a strict but lovely looking couple showed up at the entrance. Mrs. Oh took their coats then escorted them to the dining room, waving the boys to come out.

‘’Mr. and Mrs. Park, we would like to introduce you our lovely sons.’’ Mr. Oh said. Sehun glanced at Luhan when the word “sons” was said, but the other remained emotionless.

‘’He is Oh Sehun, then he is Lu Han.’’ Mr. Oh smiled. ‘’Lu Han… we adopted him a few months ago, that’s why he looks a little shy.’’

‘’Oh, you are really good hearted!’’ Mrs. Park joyed after shaking hands and giving kisses to the boys.

Sehun looked at his father with despise. He wanted to shine in the couple’s eyes that they were so generous to adopt a poor orphan. And his plan worked, because both of them looked at Luhan with pity, and with amusement at their parents.

 

When the boys walked upstairs, and Sehun went into his room, Luhan followed him and closed the door.

‘’Are you gonna ignore me from now on?’’ He asked dryly.

‘’I’m not ignoring you, I just realized we can’t continue what we have started yesterday’’ Sehun’s answer was calm, but inside he wanted to tear up something.

Luhan closed his eyes, as he leaned to the door, which he got in a closer contact last night. Feeling Sehun’s lips at his – it was the most wonderful thing ever happened to him. He knew troubles will come after their stupid movement, but still… he felt something toward Sehun, and didn’t want to keep it to himself. He replayed the kiss from last night in his head, but Sehun distracted him.

‘’If you are imagining something from last night, I have to distract you. I suppose we should end this.’’ His words left a hurting wound in Luhan’s heart, as he opened his eyes.

‘’I think you should leave the room now.’’ Sehun suggested, heading toward the other. His expression was so blank, that it must have been fake – but knowing Sehun, he never really showed his emotions.

‘’End it now.’’ Luhan whispered, when Sehun was t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter