CHAPTER 9 | Light of Love

this, I love you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Christmas break was in the corner – people were busy buying a Christmas tree, presents and preparing for the holidays. At home, Taeyeon decorated the whole house: the huge tree got its place in the living room, different kinds of lights were hanging all around the house, and Christmas songs were played all day long.

Luhan was amazed seeing how the Oh family celebrated Christmas – it was so different from his old experiences, but really, really good.

The last day of school was really lazy, they didn’t even study, just watched films or talked about Christmas traditions. Luhan really liked romantic movies, but after watching three times the romantic comedy Love Actually he felt he had enough of seeing couples kissing and being together. Everyone loved romantic comedies, but the ending was always happy, everyone found his/her perfect partner and fell in love. Because of that, Sehun popped up in Luhan’s mind. It was a torture seeing him and talking to him every day – but still being so far from each other. He wanted to get rid of his feelings, and he tried, but it just took a little talk or a gaze and Luhan felt butterflies in his stomach again.

 

By the time school ended, Luhan was standing in front of his locker, putting in his remaining textbooks. His friends have already left, referring to traffic jams.

Luhan didn’t like flowing with the crowd, so he decided he was staying and wait for the next bus.

‘’Why are you still here?’’ the question belonged to Sehun, who mysteriously got himself behind Luhan.

‘’Waiting for the next bus. I don’t like too many people gathered together.’’

Sehun looked at Luhan’s face, thinking about what would happen if he would have a panic attack on the bus. He got rid of the idea quickly, not even wanting this opportunity to pop up in his mind.

‘’But why are you here? I thought you left with the first bus.’’

‘’I thought… we could go home together. Since we finished school at the same time, and it rarely happens.’’ Sehun scratched his back.

‘’Okay, let’s go then’’ Luhan tried to hide his astonishment, with little success.

 

 

‘’Are there any news?’’ Luhan broke the silence after they got off the bus. Fortunately, there weren’t so many people on it.  

‘’No, Kris hasn’t called me yet. As I said I think he will call after Christmas.’’

‘’And… do we have to pay to him?’’ It was a question that made Luhan think a lot lately. He didn’t have money, and his foster parents won’t give, since they don’t even know what they are doing. Sehun looked at him for a second before answering. ‘’Don’t care about that, Lu.’’ Luhan’s heart warmed up after hearing his nickname from the other’s mouth.

‘’I don’t want you to pay him for my good.’’ By the way, Luhan had no idea how he could earn the money to pay, and he didn’t even know how much he should think about.

‘’Let me take care of this.’’

After saying this, they fell in silence again. Luhan’s head was filled with thoughts about what will happen after they find his father. Maybe he’ll never see Sehun again?

 

| Christmas Eve |

The dinner table was beautiful. When Luhan first noticed it, he couldn’t even want to believe that he is at home and not in a restaurant. Lots of delicious food, gorgeous table set, silver cutlery, napkins, everything you could imagine.

After they sat down, everybody was busy eating for a couple of minutes, but then Taeyeon broke the silence.

‘’Mr. and Mrs. Im will come to us this year too. They are arriving tomorrow night, so dear, you should pick them up at the airport.’’ she smiled at her husband.

‘’Who are they?’’ Luhan asked, getting a surprised look from everyone: he was always silent when the parents were there.

‘’My sister and her husband’’ Taeyeon smiled, looking really happy that Luhan asked something. ‘’But they are bringing their children too, and this gave me a little headache, but I have figured out everything.’’ she looked at Sehun for some reason.

‘’Why?’’ Sehun put some turkey into his mouth.

‘’We don’t have enough rooms. Luhan’s room was a guest room once, but now we only have one guest room. And it’s only good for two.’’ Sehun suddenly raise his head. He knew what his mother was about to say.

‘’So Luhan will sleep in your room for a couple of days. I know it won’t be convenient, but it’s just like three or four nights.’’ Taeyeon’s face was full of hope, but seeing his son’s expression her smile faded a little.

‘’I’m only not saying anything bad because it’s Christmas.’’ Sehun answered as he continued his meal. Actually, he didn’t know how to feel about that he should sleep in the same air as Luhan.

‘’I am really-‘’

‘’But I’m not glad at all.’’ He interrupted his mother, who started to cheer early, hoping that Sehun accepted it that easy.

‘’Khm… I can sleep on the couch too. It’s not a problem.’’ Luhan spoke up too. Sehun didn’t want him in his room, and besides that it hurt, he could understand. It would be hard for him too.

But Taeyeon shot him a glance that he wanted to hide somewhere. ‘’You won’t sleep on the couch, Luhan. It’s not proper.’’

‘’Then I should.’’ This time it was Sehun who offered. Taeyeon moaned as she face palmed herself.

‘’Nobody will sleep on the couch in my house. But what is your problem with each other? You seemed to be friends a few weeks ago. What happened?’’

The said boys shared looks, but both of them quickly glanced to their plates.

‘’Nothing.’’ Sehun spoke up when he saw that Luhan will not say a word.

‘’It doesn’t seem like nothing. And what about the sightseeing? Have you done it?’’

Luhan squeezed his chair a little. His stupid lie, the sightseeing caused these problems. He should shut his mouth and not say a word from now on.

But before Sehun could answer, Mr. Oh surprisingly saved them.

‘’Honey, leave them alone. They are teenagers, they fight. And besides that, it’s Christmas. Let us enjoy the meal and talk about something else.’’ He wasn’t nervous, it looked like he just really wants a calm atmosphere.

Sehun was really grateful to his father that they didn’t have to answer the uncomfortable question. They finished the dinner, just chatting about nonsense. After that everyone went up to their own rooms – it was the last night Luhan was in his own.

Sehun just couldn’t fall asleep: he was excited about getting the presents next morning, and nervous about Luhan. He looked down to the floor. Taeyeon said Luhan will sleep on a mattress – Sehun imagined his sleeping face, as he is sleeping on the floor. B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter