CHAPTER 14 | Finding you again

this, I love you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the moment Jiyong opened the door, the man was welcomed with a punch on his face by the visitor. Sehun lowered his fist when he realized who the standing man right in front of him was.

‘’Oh no, you again?’’ He growled before pushing the other away who just stood there, hands on his face. Blood was dripping through his fingers, but it seemed Jiyong didn’t care about getting punched without a single word.

‘’You should thank me, ’’ anyways, Sehun was already in the other room, calling out Luhan’s name. A thought flashed through Jiyong’s head, giving the two privacy, but in the next moment he found himself beside Luhan’s bed too. Sehun was checking the smaller male’s fever, but Luhan wasn’t so comfortable with that: a faint blush was playing on his cheek when Sehun’s hand came in contact with his skin, stirring a little bit.

Jiyong opened his mouth, but before any sarcastic comment could have come out Sehun’s low voice interrupted him.

‘’What happened?’’ Slowly getting up he faced the other man. Luhan behind him swallowed.

‘’I was in The Pit to celebrate the New Year’’ Jiyong started after some silence, giving in. ‘’Then I noticed Luhan was talking with Snake, and when I saw how he drugged Luhan I thought I may prevent the kidnapping.’’

‘’Luhan was drugged?!’’ Sehun voice was really low by then – he was close to lose his temper.

‘’Please don’t exaggerate, Jiyong’’ Luhan cleared his throat behind them, but his voice was so weak that the other two didn’t pay attention to him.

Jiyong nodded, while Sehun looked like he would just explode right there.

‘’You feel bad because you weren’t there to save your princess?’’ Jiyong pouted sarcastically before sitting down onto a chair beside his desk.

Sehun lifted his hand, his fist was so tightened up his knuckles turned white.

‘’Sehun stop!’’ Luhan shouted behind him, sitting up. ‘’I-I’m fine now.’’

The said male turned around just to give a sceptical look. ‘’It doesn’t seem like that’’ A low growl came up from his throat while saying that.

‘’Just… get over it please!’’ Luhan freaked out simultaneously, surprising the other two. ‘’You know nothing about my past, what I’ve been through, so please don’t pretend that you are my guardian. Because you’re not.’’ With this final word he got up with the purpose to leave the house but suddenly his phone went off.

Taking it out furiously Luhan saw Taeyeon is the one who was calling.

‘’Luhan, where are you?’’ Taeyeon asked without saying hi.

‘’I’m…-‘’ Luhan hesitated with the answer, quickly forming a lie – he couldn’t tell what happened, it would just freak out Taeyeon, or worse, maybe they would put him back to the orphanage. The thought terrified Luhan. ‘’I’m in Suho’s house with Sehun. We’ll come home soon.’’

‘’Did you spend the night there?’’ Taeyeon was still concerned.

‘’Yes.’’

‘’Good then. Hurry back home!’’

Finishing the call, Luhan headed towards the door to leave, he angrily grabbed the latch, but the door didn’t open. After another, more aggressive try he turned around, just to find both males staring at him.

‘’It’s locked.’’ Luhan huffed.

‘’Yeah it is.’’ Jiyong nodded, a smirk playing on his lips.

‘’Would you give me the key?’’ Luhan lifted his brows impatiently.

Jiyong stretched his arm towards the boy, giving him the keychain. Luhan murmured something under his nose, maybe a thank you, but no one could hear it properly.

Luhan walked up to the door again, and now he could open it – at the moment he did, he heard footsteps behind him; it was Sehun, quietly walking up to him and leaving the apartment.

 

They were walking back to home, which wasn’t a long walk; maybe 15-20 minutes, as Sehun calculated. It was horrifying, that the whole thing happened just a few miles away from their home. After a few minutes of silent walking, Luhan stopped. Sehun stopped his track too, looking into the eyes of the other boy.

‘’Sehun… what happened last night is a secret. There should be no one to know about this except us.’’

Sehun huffed sarcastically.

‘’Of course not’’ He said finally, but after a few steps he suddenly stopped his track. ‘’Why are we even doing this?’’

Luhan furrowed his brows ‘’What do you mean?’’

‘’You… you act like nothing happened! Like we’re all friendly now, because that’s not the truth!’’ Sehun voiced out, as he yelled out all his frustrations which were stuck in his chest.

‘’I…’’ Luhan stepped back a little. ‘’I just tried to act normally, because we live in a family now. We… we are family. We have to talk to each other.’’ He said quietly, tears immediately filling up his eyes.

‘’Well then, you were wrong.’’ Sehun turned around, continuing his way back home, but after a few meters he heard nothing behind him.

‘’Are you not coming?’’ Luhan was still standing on the spot where he stopped.

‘’I can… leave if you want me to. T-this is just bad for both of us.’’

Sehun went blank for a little, hearing these words coming out from Luhan’s mouth. But maybe that would be the best option. If Luhan leaves, soon enough they will forget each other and move on, right? There won’t be this awful feeling inside of his chest like this… right?

Sehun swallowed, before opening his mouth again. ‘’Where… would you go?’’ His voice was draggy.

Luhan bit his lower lip as he glanced upwards, to the sky. ‘’So you want me to leave.’’ He whispered.

‘’You brought up the whole topic about leaving, and now you’re saying that I want you to leave?’’ Sehun exhaled unbelievably.

‘’I…’’ Luhan started. ‘’Look, I don’t know anymore. I just want it to stop. I don’t want to continue this, but I don’t want to hurt your parents, if they will think that I didn’t like your place, because I did. I do. But I can’t see your face every day knowing that there will be nothing more between… us. Be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter