CHAPTER 2 | New beginning

this, I love you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 | LUHAN’S POV |

My eyes were slowly closing, as I almost fell asleep. I was dissappointed, because it was one of the days of the week, when a teacher come to the orphanage and give a session. I loved them when I was younger, but now the professor only taught the little children to how to read, write and count, which I’ve already known. But mostly I enjoyed these, because it was a programme, and so I didn’t have to sit alone all day.  

But the teacher was late, and all of the children were shouting and playing in the classroom. I looked outside of the window, staring at the trees outside. Autumn has came again, and the leaves were falling down peacefully.

I just wanted to rest. Recently I didn’t really want to eat, and just sleep all day.

Suddenly the door opened, but it was not the teacher who stepped into the room. Jessics Jung, the supervisor was throwing strict glances on everybody, as she walked in. Behind her, a middle-aged woman was coming with a little bit older man. Ms. Jung stopped, then cleared . Everyone’s attention was focused on the two visitors, dreaming about our only hope.

’’Silence!’’ Ms. Jung patted her palms together, needlessly, because nobody had said a word.

’’As you can see, we have two visitors here. Let me introduce Mr. and Mrs. Oh!’’ the woman smiled. Everyone stood up and bowed. After  we got the sign that we can sit down, Mrs. Oh spoke up.

’’Hello everybody! I’m sure you’re wondering why are we here’’ she began. I tilted my hand onto the desk. Just let me sleep.

’’So… my husband and I are here, because we want another child to our home.’’ After this sentence, everyone started shouting, but the angry hisses coming from the supervisor calmed everyone down.

’’We have a son, who is sixteen years old now, and he wants a brother besides himself. We are looking in the same age as he is.’’ She stopped, and probably looked around to see the children’s faces. But I just guessed, for because my head was still resting on the desk.

Then they left. Immediately, the whole room became a mess. I was the only one who stayed in my original position, and without noticing, I fell asleep.

I dreamed about a tall, silver-haired guy who were standing beside me. His atmosphere was relaxing, I felt safe. It wasn’t that feeling I experienced every day. It was a whole different feeling. Place. I tilted my head just to look at his face…

’’Oh Lu Han!’’ Who is shouting? What happened?

’’Come to the principal’s office, NOW!’’ Just leave me alone. I want to sleep.

Then I felt the ice cold water of the shower, and woke up immediately. Suddenly I felt like I can’t breathe, but when I realized where I am, I calmed down. Looking around, noticing Ms. Jung at the door.

’’Luhan, are you sitting on your ears? Go to the office right now!’’ I got myself out of the room, feeling all of the gazes on my back. I followed the woman’s heels’ noise to the office. We walked in, and I slowly raised my look from the ground. There were the principal, Ms. Jung and the couple who were visiting us.

’’Please, sit down’’ The principal, Mr. Park offered the seat. I put myself down, staring at the table.

’’It looks like that this is your lucky day, Luhan’’ said the principal. ’’This lovely couple would like you to speak a little bit. For having the most comfortable situation, Ms. Jung and I will give you some time.’’ He stood up and opened the door before Ms. Jung. After the door quietly closed, I looked up to the visitors. The woman was smiling warmly, but the man looked a little colder.

’’Hi, Luhan. Probably you can guess why we are having this conversation’’ Mrs. Oh showed her perfect smile. ’’Can you tell us about yourself a little bit?’’

’’My name is Oh Lu Han.’’ I bowed. ’’Nice to meet you.’’ I didn’t know what else I should say.

’’What a coincidence! We have the same surnames!’’ Laughed the woman, but I could recognise a li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter