CHAPTER 5 | Don't cry

this, I love you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the days passed, Luhan slowly got used to the high school life. The rides to school weren’t so awkward now, because Mr. Oh the radio to avoid silence.

On that cold, autumn Thursday morning happened in the same way like the three other days before. During breakfast, Luhan wanted to take the salt, unfortunately, Sehun was about that too.

When their hand’s met, Luhan felt a sudden heatwave where Sehun’s fingers touched him.

But, more surprisingly Sehun let him to take the salt before him. He had never done this before.

’’Sehun, I would like to ask you something.’’ started Taeyeon. Sehun didn’t say anything, just looked at her.

’’Since Luhan didn’t get well-balanced education, I would like you to help him with his studies.’’ after saying it she got quiet – waiting for Sehun’s remonstrance.

But he looked into Luhan’s eyes and gave him a tiny smile. Luhan felt his stomach doing someraults, and a warm feeling in his heart. ’’Okay’’ he continued his breakfast.

Everyone got shocked, even Mr. Oh put down the newspaper he had been reading. But Taeyeon quicky hid her surprisement, and put up her smile.

’’Good to hear that you two get along well.’’ Luhan looked at Sehun, but the said boy didn’t even react to this statement. Luhan didn’t want to ruin their mother expectations about the truth, so he rather took a bit from his breakfast.

’’By the way, how’s school going?’’ Taeyeon broke the silence.

’’It’s fine’’

’’It’s ’’ Sehun and Luhan said it at the same time, looking at each other. Sehun squeezed his eyes looking at Luhan.

’’I’m glad that you like it, Luhan’’ smiled the mother. She didn’t even react to Sehun’s comment.

 

 

Later, in school Sehun was sitting on Maths class, but his mind was far away. He was thinking about his stepbrother, who probably didn’t have a class, because he was sitting on the park bench with his new friends. Sehun enjoyed staring at him, as he was chatting and laughing happily with the others. Sehun stated that Luhan’s smile was beautiful. His teeth were white, and it guaranteed a perfect smile. By the way, Sehun never heard Luhan laughing, but he could imagine it.

He was lost in his daydreams, when Jongin poked him.

’’Yeah?’’ Sehun asked, pretty angry about his friend distructing him.

’’I’ve been talking to you for a while. But I see that you have been watching… oh, what a surprise. Luhan.’’ he smirked, teasing Sehun a little bit.

’’And what if I did?’’ asked Sehun, with a playful grin on his face.

’’You are not denying. That’s weird. What happened?’’ Jongin asked back, suddenly becoming serious.

Sehun threw a gaze on him. He was thinking about he should tell Jongin or not. Finally, taking a deep breath, he did it.

’’I… I heard him crying one night. I just felt bad about being mean to him.’’ he answered finally.

’’Oh.’’ Jongin said, not knowing what should he say. ’’And… do you have any feelings towards him?’’

’’He is my stepbrother.’’ Sehun frowned.

’’That’s wasn’t the question here.’’

’’I think it’s normal to feel like this towards your sibling.’’

’’So do you treat him like your brother?’’ Jongin asked, being more and more curious about what will come out of this situation.

’’Jongin, stop asking questions like this.’’ Sehun, hell knows why felt his cheeks heating up.

’’I mean, I would be totally okay with you being with him.’’ Jongin explained, causing Sehun to look away and watch out of the window again.

 

 

Luhan’s Physics lesson was cancelled because the teacher got ill. So he and the others – Kyungsoo, Yixing and Suho – was enjoying the last days of autumn and sat down to the bench outside. They were chatting about something, forgetting their busy timetables. The end of the first semester was in the corner, and they were writing tests about everything. For Luhan’s pity, because he didn’t understand the half of his lectures.

He really needed Sehun’s help, but he didn’t want to admit it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter