CHAPTER 12 | Counting down |

this, I love you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 | 30th of December | 

The little café where Chanyeol was waiting attracted a lot of people. The tall boy minded it a little for discussing his date with Baekhyun there because of the crowd – but he had to admit that the café offered incredible cheesecakes, and since his boyfriend’s favourite treat was cheesecake, he wanted to take him there.

Glancing towards his watch he frowned. Baekhyun was running late, which he never did before. He wanted to call him, but at the moment he dialled the number, the door swung open and Baekhyun appeared, completely calm.

‘’Hi Yeol’’ He smiled as he sat down, flipping his hair, grinning.

‘’Hey Baek. I was worried, you were running late.’’ Chanyeol smiled, refusing the menu the waitress offered him, pulling out his own from his pocket, earning a strange gaze from the woman.

‘’A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.’’

‘’We shouldn’t have watched so much Lord of The Rings.’’ The taller boy grinned, getting a hold of Baekhyun’s hand. 

The waitress’s look was truly horrified then, urging the couple to make their orders.

‘’I don’t know what I should order…’’ Chanyeol muttered, turning the pages in his menu. ‘’Maybe a pumpkin latte with slight cinnamon.’’ He finished, looking at the woman.

‘’Er… sorry sir, but we don’t have that kind of coffee. Here.’’ She handed the real menu from her hands, tossing the other away. ‘’This is what you has to pick from.’’

Chanyeol looked down at his own menu, clearly embarrassed. ‘’Sorry, I didn’t realize I was reading something else. Khm, I would like a latte macchiato then.’’ His ears were a deep shade of red, which Baekhyun found impossibly cute.

‘’For me, a double cheesecake with caramel topping, a caramel Frappuccino with chocolate cookies and a strawberry smoothie.’’

‘’I spend all my money on you’’ The younger boy murmured from his seat, but his lips curved into a smile.

‘’You know really well that I ordered the cookies for you. You never order food, so I have to take this roll instead of you.’’ Baekhyun smiled back at the other.

‘’You are just saying that because you don’t want me to eat your cheesecake.’’ Chanyeol laughed, giving Baekhyun’s hand a comforting squeeze.

‘’Lie’’ The accused boy murmured, still grinning like an idiot.

When their orders arrived, they started eating immediately. It was kind of an unwritten rule, that they only start their conversation after they filled their stomachs. Enjoying the drinks and each other’s company is coming after.

‘’So.’’ Chanyeol spoke up after he finished the chocolate cookies.

‘’So what?’’ Baekhyun peeked up while devouring the last bite of his dessert.

‘’You know, I was thinking about New Year’s Eve. I think we should celebrate it together.’’ Chanyeol said straight forward. He was a little bit anxious, because Baekhyun was the type who organizes everything. Chanyeol hoped he didn’t think about any surprise or programme for them.  

He expected the other to cheer up or get surprised, but what happened was not even close what he had thought.

His boyfriend snatched his fork down, clapping his hands together, causing unwanted attention from all the people in the building. Clearly, Baekhyun didn’t notice it.

‘’I’m so glad you finally said it!’’ Baekhyun chirped. ‘’I was doing some planning, so we have several places to go and-‘’ he got cut off by a hand on his mouth. Chanyeol was grinning at the other side of the table.

When he let Baekhyun go, the other immediately went to ‘’Why did you do that?’’ slightly frowning.

‘’You know I love when you plan our dates Baek, but for now, I did it.’’

‘’Aww’’ Baekhyun surprised Chanyeol again with a completely melted face. ‘’And what is it?’’

‘’Surprise! You will find out tomorrow. But I think I can consider your answer as a yes, am I right?’’

Baekhyun nodded enthusiastically.

‘’But Yeollie! Don’t be so cruel. At least tell what kind of programme it is.’’

But Chanyeol shook his head, smiling mysteriously. When Baekhyun opened his mouth again to protest, he cut the other off again – but with a kiss on the lips.

That clearly got Baekhyun to stop talking.

***

| 31thof December |

‘’Jongin, what kind of party is in club named The Pit?’’ Sehun asked anxiously on the phone. He was walking back and forth in his room, voice hushed a little – he didn’t want Luhan to hear him through the thin walls.

‘’It’s like an open party, everyone can go in. Since it’s a low-life place, I don’t think that many of our classmates will go. But why do you care?’’ Jongin sounded like if he was occupied with something. Sehun could hear that Jongin’s phone was getting messages.

‘’Who are you texting with?’’ Sehun sighed, as he stopped walking and plopped down onto the bed.

‘’Irene just invited me to her party. I’m busy explaining her that I can’t go but she just can’t understand it. Sehun, how could I like a girl like her?’’ His friend sounded desperate, but Sehun just burst out in laughing.

‘’You are a terrible friend, Oh Sehun. But you didn’t answer the question. Why do you care about the club? I hope you don’t want to go there.’’

With Jongin’s reminding, Sehun got dragged back into the present. His heart started aching immediately. He gulped.

‘’Can we go there?’’ Sehun asked really quickly with his lips pressed, Jongin almost couldn’t catch it.

‘’Why do you want to go there?’’ Sehun could feel that on the other side Jongin is frowning.

‘’It’s… it’s a long story.’’

Sehun didn’t tell Jongin what happened between him and Luhan, but he knew that his friend sensed that something is going on – he just waited for Sehun to tell when he is ready, and now Sehun felt bad for not telling his friend.

But he just couldn’t speak about what happened.

Not now. He is definitely not ready.

‘’Man, I’m worried about you. Few days ago you were incredibly happy, and now you sound like a sad puppy. What happened?’’

Since Sehun wasn’t the one who expressed his feelings very often, he didn’t answer. He heard his best friend sighing, before started to talk about something else.

‘’I don’t know why you want to go to that pub, and actually we can go there because it is not up to me. Remember that we promised we go to Suho’s party? We even said we are responsible for the half of the drinks?’’

Sehun lowered his head. He clearly forgot their party attendance.

‘’I completely forgot it…’’ Sehun murmured.

‘’That’s the spirit. Let’s get drunk tonight!’’

‘’Yeah’’ Sehun muttered, his mind was somewhere else.

He can definitely sneak out and took a peek on Luhan, right?

That was the one thing he knew: he can’t let Luhan to go to that party completely alone.

 

When the evening came, Sehun started to dress up and pack his things together – he had to arrive at 7pm, which meant he had to leave home about thirty minutes earlier; firstly he would go to Jongin, where they packed the drinks in and then Jongin’s father would give them a lift (Jongin tried to convince Sehun that he could drive too, but the younger one said he would never sit into the car which would be led by Jongin.)

Frankly, Sehun was excited about the party. He can make the problems go away for a night, and he looked forward to it. Of course he had in mind that he had to visit Luhan – it was the most important thing to check on him.

He knew they weren’t in their bests, but he cared for Luhan.

If he couldn’t express it, he actually did.

He got too occupied with his thoughts, he didn’t even notice that he was running late.

‘’Aigoo’’ He quickly grabbed his phone, running downstairs. Luhan didn’t leave the house yet, his party only started at 8.

Before Sehun could make his way down, he gawked into the older boy’s room. Luhan never closed his door for some kind of reason. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, probably texting. Sehun’s heart twisted for a moment, Who is he texting?

Unfortunately Luhan sensed his gaze and turned towards the door after a minute.

‘’Sehun?’’ He stood up with dreamy eyes. The said boy could see some kind of affection it these beautiful eyes.

Is he looking that because of the one he texted?

Sehun shook his head, clearing out the unwanted thoughts.

‘’I’m leaving.’’ That was all he could say.

Luhan gave him a surprised look but it quickly turned into a shy smile. ‘’Have a good night.’’

‘’You too.’’ Sehun wanted to leave, but after taking a step he turned back.

‘’Lu?’’

‘’Yes?’’

‘’Take care of yourself.’’

With these final words he rushed down, because now he was really running late.

His pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter