CHAPTER 13 | Happy(?) New Year

this, I love you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘’Wow, I didn’t expect so many people would come’’ Jongin looked around with a playful smirk on his face, seeing the crowd in Suho’s house.

‘’Jongin, you don’t have any rights to offend me since you and Sehun are late! You would have arrived before the guests!’’ Suho replied with a little annoyance in his voice, as he grabbed the supplies the two boys have brought. ‘’At least help me getting these inside.’’ Suho tried to lighten his words thinking that he might offended the other, but Jongin didn’t seem like he bothered.

Sehun sighed as he grabbed a package while Lay showed them a way through the garage to avoid the crowd. He felt his chest heavier with each step, thinking about Luhan, and how he is getting farer from him.

Anyways, he didn’t have the spirit for partying – he promised Jongin that they would have an epic party, but his best friend disappeared from his side, and currently he was dancing in somewhere in the crowd.

Sehun sighed as he leaned to the kitchen counter, in a glass of beer in his hands – he was not a drinker, though he has got drunk a few times before. Circling the liquid in the glass, he was lost in his thoughts, when a sudden grip on his shoulder brought him back to reality.

‘’Man, are you okay? Why are you here, alone?’’ The voice belonged to Jongin – of course – who was slightly drunk, but not so much.

Sehun didn’t answer, just looked at his friend with a blank face.

‘’By the way’’ Jongin giggled, ‘’I came to search you up because there is a drinking competition. Even if we don’t participate, we should watch it, it’s hilarious!’’

‘’Ohm, okay.’’ Sehun gave in, just to be dragged by his friend to the other direction.

In the living room, two tables were set, several people gathering around them. On each desk there were ten kamikaze drinks, each of them in light blue colour.

Only one boy was standing there, probably waiting for a competitor – Sehun knew him, he was a senior at their school, and probably a party animal, judged by his looks. Sehun frowned a little – there wasn’t happening a thing since nobody wanted to lose against the senior in front of them.

‘’Well… anybody?’’ The senior’s loud voice filled the room, while he was glancing towards each person. He was already drunk, and it came to Sehun’s mind that how good that boy is feeling now, not thinking about any problems in his life.

Sehun did a thing he would never do.

He felt his legs moving, and at the next second, he was standing in front of the other guy, facing the drinks. Jongin gave him a terrified look, mouthing that he can be sick of this amount of alcohol.

Sehun didn’t care, just lifted the first cup towards his mouth.

 

All he could hear was the people’s ovation as Sehun finished the last cup of drink and shut the glass onto the desk.

Feeling dizzy he just stumbled away from the table, not caring about the shouts hitting his ears.

‘’Sehun, what the hell did you think?’’ Sehun felt a sudden grip on his shoulder, hearing his best friend’s voice. In the next moment Suho and Lay arrived too, fingers intertwined as they looked at the younger with worry in their eyes.

‘’You shouldn’t have done that.’’ Suho stepped closer, lifting up his hand probably to check Sehun’s visibility. ‘’Can you see my fingers?’’

‘’I’m drunk, not blind’’ Sehun pushed away Suho’s hand, earning a gaze from Lay.

‘’Hey, relax.’’ Lay kept his voice low, since he wasn’t even drunk. ‘’Why are you acting like this?’’ Suho looked at his boyfriend in awe as he cuddled closer. Sehun, watching through it just grimaced.

‘’Oh please’’ He rolled his eyes ‘’I don’t have the time for this now, I…’’ Sehun suddenly jolted his head upwards, ‘’Oh my God, oh my God. I have to check on Luhan’’ Sehun tried to step closer to the door, but Jongin’s hand stopped him.

‘’Whoaa, Sehun, where are you going? What did you say about Luhan?’’

Sehun clenched his teeth and tried to get away from the grip Jongin had on him, but instead of it he lost his balance and fell to the floor.

‘’You are drunk, you cannot go anywhere.’’ Lay held onto Sehun, trying to help him up.

‘’But I have to’’ Sehun mumbled as he tried to stay on his feet. The alcohol made his mind blurry, but the only thing he could remember or focus on was finding Luhan.

‘’Isn’t Luhan at home? He said he doesn’t like to party.’’ Jongin asked, wearing a confused look.

Sehun sat back onto the ground, hiding his face behind his palms.

‘’I don’t want him to be in danger’’ Sehun’s voice was groggy, and because of the noise level the other boys couldn’t catch the sentence.

‘’We should take him upwards’’ Lay pointed at the ceiling before he grabbed the younger’s elbow. ‘’I can’t hear a thing here.’’

The two others nodded then moved to help Lay – which wasn’t an easy thing.  It was definitely hard to deal with a drunk Sehun, who apparently didn’t want to go upwards.

‘’Please guys’’ Sehun switched on his begging side after the realization he is not allowed to leave soon, but he only got some doubted looks from his company.

‘’Sehun, you are a terrible drunk. I never let you drink again.’’ Jongin huffed after letting Sehun go, as soon as they reached Suho’s room.

‘’Let me go’’ The said boy pushed Jongin away, but with this movement he lost his balance again.

‘’If you have to throw up, here is the bathroom’’ Suho pointed out, kindly, as always, but Jongin just shook his head, before reassuring Suho that Sehun deals with alcohol really good.

‘’You are so nice.’’ Lay smiled as he threw an arm around his boyfriend.

‘’Can you please stop that?’’ Sehun grumbled, sending dark looks towards the pair.

‘’Stop what?’’ Lay frowned, apparently not catching the message.

‘’Being so lovey-dovey!’’ Sehun groaned just if it wasn’t clear for the first time.

Jongin narrowed his eyebrows, looking at his best friend. ‘’What’s your problem? Wait, man, do you like someone? Are you acting like this because of he/she?’’

‘’Oh! I think I get it now.’’ Lay smiled cautiously, still not letting go of Suh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter