CHAPTER 4 | Sparkle

this, I love you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First day of school – only for Luhan of course. And it was almost a week since he lived with the Oh family. He thought that Sehun will slowly melt down and open up for a little bit, but neither of these happened. Besides that, after that dinner with Jongin he seemed a little bit more relaxed. Sometimes he even smiled at Luhan, but then quickly got himself together and showed his poker-face.

But they haven’t talked so much, and besides that Luhan wanted to talk to Sehun, the other boy didn’t seem like he wanted to do that too.

 

Their first ride to school was awkwardly quiet. Sehun was sitting on the right, Luhan on the left, and both of them were looking out of the window.

When they arrived, Sehun immediately jumped out of the car and got attached to his friends, leaving Luhan alone at the entrance. He blinked, then looked at Sehun’s empty place. He turned around just to see if is Mr. Oh still there, but he drove away because of the long queue.

Everyone was staring at him while walking into the building, but Luhan just stood there. He was about to panic, but forced himself to calm down. Took three deap breaths. It’ll be alright.

Minutes passed like this, and finally, when he wanted to take a step toward the school,  somebody came out of the school building, fighting the crowd to let him outside. The boy was at the same height as Luhan, and he had cute, round face and eyes.

’’Hi! Are you Luhan?’’ he asked with a big smile.

’’Yes, but who are you?’’

’’I’m Minseok, and I was asked to help you out on your first day.’’

’’Nice to meet you then’’ Luhan bowed, but when Minseok burst out in laughter, he frowned.

’’You are so polite’’ he giggled. ’’But come on, let’s get inside, or you’ll be late on your first day!’’

 

Minseok was really kind and helpful. He stayed beside Luhan all day, and helped him to get to his classes, explained where is the cafeteria, which was Luhan locker and things like that. Luhan was really grateful to him, but he felt himself hurt about how Sehun just abandoned him at the entrance and immediately went to meet his friends.

It was the fifth class, which was art, so Luhan was supposed to go to the third floor to get into the classroom. Unfortunately, Minseok did not have art classes, and on top of that Luhan found out that Minseok was only in junior year, and not sophomore – why did he help if he was not in the same year like him?

Luhan was lost in his thoughts like these, so he didn’t even noticed the short, black-haired guy who was examinating one of his textbooks.

’’Whoa! Could you watch out?’’ yelled the boy, when Luhan accidentally bumped into him.

’’Oh, sorry, I didn’t see you!’’ Luhan apologized quickly, and slightly bowed his head. In the orphanage, when they didn’t bow while apologizing or expressing gratitude, they didn’t get dinner on that day. But it seemed that it’s not common in a school, because the other gave him a strange look.

’’No problem. By the way, are you new here?’’ asked the boy.

’’Uhm, yes. I’m Luhan. Nice to meet you’’ He didn’t bow this time.

’’I’m Kyungsoo.’’ nodded the other, putting away his textbook. ’’But wait, have you attended Biology today? I think I’ve seen you already. You are the one who is everybody whispering about’’ He put his backpack on and headed upstairs. Luhan walked beside him.

’’Why do they whisper about me?’’ Luhan asked anxiously. He learned that it’s never good to be in the centre of interest.

’’Why should I know it?’’ he asked with a blank face. Luhan shrugged, then asked if Kyungsoo is going to art class, but the other suddenly spoke up. ’’Maybe that you are the new cute, shy boy and everyone wants to date you. Hell knows.’’ he said finally, causing Luhan to stop.

’’What? Why would anyone think that?’’

’’Open your eyes. You look like on of these cool kids in school, like Oh Sehun. Have you met him?’’

Luhan frozed, thinking about what his answer should be.

’’Uhm, yes.’’ he said finally.

’’Now, I hope you get what I’m talking about’’

Luhan did not understand, but dropped the topic.

They ended up walking upstairs together.

At the moment they arrived, the bell rang, so they hurried before the teacher would close the door. Unfortunately, they were late, so when they stepped inside, everyone was already sitting on their chairs. Every look was on Luhan, while he and Kyungsoo headed to a desk to sit down. They almost put themselves down, when the door opened again.

Sehun and Jongin walked inside, not even apolog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter