CHAPTER 11 | Out of touch

this, I love you!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun swallowed, eyes glued to the picture.

‘’It must be a mistake.’’ He cleared his throat, looking up to Kris, whose face darkened.

‘’What do you mean?’’ The detective’s voice was threatening, but Sehun didn’t care. He put the picture back onto the table to hide his shaking hands. It was unnecessary, he saw Kris glancing towards it.  

‘’You must have made a mistake. This man cannot be Luhan’s father.’’ Sehun said, trying his best to remain calm. Kris leaned back, face not promising any good.

‘’You have no idea, kid. Just because you are not satisfied with the solution, it doesn’t mean the investigation is mistaken’’ He said the words calmly, and that made Sehun more desperate and annoyed.

‘’But if you can’t believe, that’s not my problem. But I’ll tell you the details since I have to’’ he spilled out the content of the bag. ‘’This is Luhan’s mother, Kim Areum, he gave birth to his son in April 20, 1998. She rented a little flat, and she didn’t have any money. She died while giving birth to his son, Oh Luhan. In the hospital they didn’t even look up the father’s name, probably they thought the woman was homeless.’’ Sehun felt his fists clenching under the table, his heartbeat raised. Kris’s voice was stern, but he might get used to horrible stories. But still.

‘’After that, they brought the baby to the nearest orphanage.’’ He searched for the photo of the building. It was the same building Sehun saw in the kitchen months ago. ‘’His father never visited him, since he didn’t even know about him.’’

 Sehun facepalmed. It was too much at once.

‘’Does that mean… that we are related?’’ He asked, looking up for the other. The look Kris gave him made him more pitiful.

‘’Look, I’m not your friend. I can’t offer my shoulder for you to cry on.’’ Kris swallowed as he bit his lower lip. Just like Luhan.

Sehun stood up to rush out from the café. Tears were threatening to fall out, and he would never cry in front of others. His heart just ripped into two of the thought of Luhan, who was waiting for him at home, thinking that everything was fine.

‘’WHY?’’ He screamed, not minding the strange gazes he got from people. He fell to the wall, slightly slipping down to the ground.

Tears finally made their way through.

***

‘’Sir? Are you okay?’’ A voice made through his foggy mind, waking him from his misery.

Sehun looked up, but couldn’t see the woman’s face because of his blurry vision. Not being able to say something, he shook his head.

‘’Are you not feeling well? Should I call the emergency?’’ Her voice was kind, but full of fear. Actually, she had really great speaking-voice, like a dispatcher or a receptionist who answers calls.

Sehun shook his head, as he slowly stood up. ‘’It’s not something they could heal’’ voice groggy, he leaned to the wall again.

‘’What is it then?’’ Sehun just realized how tiny the woman was.

‘’It doesn’t matter.’’ the younger boy bowed. ‘’I’ll be leaving now.’’  

Turning around he still felt the woman’s gaze on his back, but now Sehun couldn’t care about that. He had a much more important thing to do.

Arriving home, he immediately walked up to Luhan’s room. Stopped in front of it, he slowly breathed in, then out. He raised his hand to knock, but before he could have done that, the door opened, revealing an excited Luhan behind it.

‘’How did it go, Sehun?’’ his smile was so cheering. Full of joy and excitement. Sehun just stared at him, into his beautiful eyes, then at his lips which curved into a smile at the moment the older boy noticed him. He might never feel these lips against his again.

‘’Luhan…’’ The younger started, but unable to finish. He was just standing there, frozen on the doorstep. Seeing Luhan’s horrified gaze, he might have found out something was off.

As they got inside, Sehun closed the door, taking a deep breath.

‘’What happened?’’ Luhan got closer, cupping Sehun’s face. They locked gazes for a couple of minutes, Sehun thinking about what he should say and Luhan waiting for Sehun’s explanation.

At the end, Sehun handed the package to the older boy, who slowly removed his hands from his face, opening it.

When he saw the photo and the other documents, Luhan looked up at Sehun.

‘’Tell me this is not true.’’ One sentence. Voice dreadfully different from how he spoke to Sehun before it. ‘’Please’’ now it was just a whisper, begging the other to comfort him.

‘’I can’t.’’

Luhan’s eyes filled up with tears so much quicker than Sehun’s back then. As tears started to run down on Luhan’s cheeks, Sehun’s world just ripped into another two.

He cupped the older boy’s face, smoothing out the hair from his face.

‘’Please don’t cry, Lu’’ their foreheads bumped, as Luhan leaned closer, putting his arms around Sehun’s neck.

‘’We’re related. We’re half-brothers.’’ Luhan’s voice was shaking, even it was a whisper.

‘’I know. But we could find a way… just to solve this.’’

‘’How do you want to solve this?’’ Luhan let go of the younger, stepping backwards. ‘’You can’t solve blood connection. You can’t’’

‘’I don’t know!’’ Sehun freaked out. ‘’I’m just saying things because I don’t want to accept the fact that my love is my half-brother.’’ He facepalmed, murmuring his last words.

‘’Oh, so you’re just saying things. Then I suppose you were just saying things back at that night too.’’ Luhan said, voice shaking, new tears rolling down from his eyes. He didn’t mind the sentence though, and after he said it he immediately wanted to get it back.

‘’Don’t you dare to say that.’’ Sehun looked at Luhan, expression blank.

‘’I didn’t mean it like that…’’ Luhan tried to save the saveable, but failed when he noticed how hurt Sehun’s expression was.

‘’Maybe I was the stupid here because I thought my feelings are real.’’ Sehun got quite after that, just standing there, waiting Luhan to say something.

‘’I’m exactly as freaked out as you. Please Sehun, let ourselves calm down and then talk it out.’’ Luhan begged, taking a step toward the other.

‘’We can’t do this. We are half-brothers. Can you imagine that?’’ Sehun looked up to the ceiling, holding tears back.

‘’There is no way for us to handle this.’’ he continued.

‘’W-what do you mean?’’

‘’Maybe we should end this. Sorry.’’ Sehun’s voice dropped, as he felt he just can’t speak anymore, just like if his throat was swallowed, and he can’t create any voice.

So he rather opened the door, ready to leave.

‘’Sehun, please don’t leave! We can talk-‘’ Sehun slammed the door.

It was Luhan’s time to fall down, letting out his tears. Pulling his knees to his chest he tried to ignore the unbearable tightening pain in his chest.

‘’Maybe we should end this’’

It felt like a stab into his heart.

‘’Sorry’’

Another stab.

***

Sehun refused dinner on that day, saying he was sick.

It was kinda true.

As the night came, the younger boy hoped he would became exhausted and finall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter