Chapter 5

Fantagio University

*RECAP*

You grimace and put your arm over your head to protect your face, but the books never fall on you. You feel someone pull you towards them as the books barely miss you. 

"I saved you two times already. I think I deserve something more than just a small 'thank you.'" you hear a calm, familiar voice say.

*PRESENT*

You look up to see Jinwoo smirking down at you. You fling your arm out of his grasp. "I don't think you should deserve anything. Especially after what you did."

He rolls his eyes. "Y/N. I already explained before. I didn't cheat on you."

"So if you didn't cheat on me then who was that girl?"

*FLASHBACK*

"Where is he?" You mutter. It was your first anniversary with Jinwoo and you guys decided to see a movie and go to a restaurant for dinner. 

You look down the street and walk around the park just in case he was somewhere else. You take out your phone while shivering from the cold winter air. You quickly dial his number and call him. 

No answer. 

You already called him five times in the past twenty minutes. Did he forget? Or was he just surprising you?

That's when you hear a commotion from the night club a few stores away. You hear some people cheering and laughing that makes you turn to look. You're about to turn back around when you Jinwoo's face in the crowd. You walk closer and see that he has another girl on his arm. But that's not all you see.

*PRESENT* 

"She was a friend." Jinwoo tries to explain.

You scoff. "Yeah. Totally. That's why she kissed you, huh?"

*FLASHBACK*

You watch as Jinwoo smiles lovingly at her and you feel your heart literally ripping apart. Then right when their lips met you spun around and ran. 

You had bumped into several people, but you couldn't even think to apologize.

You were a wreck for the next few weeks. You couldn't even cry. The tears wouldn't come out. 

Then one day, the doorbell rings. You open the door to see Mark and Youngjae. They smile at you as you look back at them with listless eyes. "What do you want?" 

"What a great way to greet us, Y/N," Youngjae says as he pushes past you and enters your home. Mark gives you a hug before going in the house after Youngjae. 

"We came to make you feel better! Let's go eat food and get rid of this stress...." Mark trails off as he looks around your very disorganized home. 

Youngjae picks up a fork that was sticking out from the couch. He looks at it with horror then turns to you. "Y/N! YOU DIDN'T EVEN CLEAN YOUR HOUSE BECAUSE OF THAT GUY!?" 

You collaspe onto the floor. The two boys look at each other not knowing what to do. Then you break down. You finally calm down after four hours of nonstop crying. You curl up on the couch next to Mark who lends you his shoulder and Youngjae who feeds you some ice cream. Youngjae suddenly stands up.

"YAH! We can't just stay like this forever! Let's walk around and have some healing time. Should we go to Han River?" He looks at you and Mark with a mix of hope and desperation.

"Yeah. He's right Y/N. Let's go eat ramen." Mark helps you stand up and tells you that they would wait for you outside. You just throw on a hoodie and head to Han River. 

That day certainly helped you forget most of the depressing thoughts that you had after the break up. You never actually officially broke up. Jinwoo had called a couple of times, but you always rejected them. While you were at Han River, Jinwoo tried calling you again, but Youngjae answered it.

"Y/N IS OVER WITH YOU! STOP CALLING HER!" Right when he's about to end the call, Mark snatches the phone.

"If you see her next time and break her heart again, then you are dead to me."

"AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT STARTING OVER WITH HER!" Youngjae yells before Mark hangs up. You shake your head and laugh. 

"We're always here for youuuuuu," they coo. 

But now, the closest friends you had are gone. They were in a group called Got7 in JYP entertainment, so you can't contact them anymore. They failed to keep their promise, but you're used to it by now. It's not the first time you lost someone. 

*PRESENT*

You come out of your pool of depressing memories and look at Jinwoo who's just looking down at his hands and avoiding your eyes.

Then, you remember that voice. That hand...

*FLASHBACK* (I know too many flashbacks.... Im so sorry..)

"Are you okay?" a hand stops you from falling on the ground. Their voice calmed you for a slight second. Then, the situation that you were just in hit you. You quickly nodded and bowed slightly to them then ran off. 

When you got home and tried to keep your tears in, you suddenly thought of that person who had helped you. Why were you thinking about them? It's not like you were going to meet them again. 

 

But who knows? Only time will tell.

 

*PRESENT*

You blinked several times before saying, "Thanks for saving me. I do thank you for that, but I would like it if you didn't talk to me. I don't want to feel the pain again." You whisper the last part and you're pretty sure Jinwoo didn't hear you.

 Jinwoo looks back up at you. "Y/N. I want to start over with you. That day I just-"

"I know. You got drunk and blablabla. But guess what? I don't want to start over with you. I don't want to do anything that's related to you. And don't say my name again. I don't want to hear it. If you see me around school, act like you don't know me." You turn around and are about to leave when Jinwoo holds you back.

"Let me go!" You whisper-shout. No matter how you twist your arm, his grip is firm on your wrist.

"No. Y/N please let me-"

"Didn't you hear her say to let go?" You hear another voice say. You look over your shoulder to see Eunwoo standing a few feet behind you. He walks over to the both of you and removes your wrist from Jinwoo's grip. 

"Yah. Eunwoo. I had something to say to her. Stay out of it," Jinwoo shoots back.

"It's clear that she doesn't want to say anything to you," he says as he rolls his eyes.

"You don't have anything to do with her. It's not your business." Jinwoo tries to grab your arm, but Eunwoo pushes you behind him. 

You look at him weirdly. Why was Eunwoo acting all protective after being so cold to you all the time? 

"I do have something to do with her. I know her well enough to know when she feels uncomfortable."

"What's your relationship with her? Are you her boyfriend or something?"

"Yeah. I am her boyfriend. And I don't like seeing my girlfriend being bothered by another guy."