Chapter 8

Fantagio University

"Wow. Y/N! I can't believe it's actually you!" He gives you a slight hug. You're overjoyed to see him, but you couldn't quite understand why Mark or Youngjae didn't contact you until one of them met you like right now. 

You form a tight grin that makes Mark awkwardly retract his arm from you. You take a deep breath and look at him. "How was..." Life? How were you supposed to greet someone who was really close with, but basically disappeared for years? "I mean....How were you for the past four years?"

He scratches the back of his head and sheepishly smiles. "Yeah. It wasn't too bad. Our group's pretty popular. I think. Nothing big other than our debut happened. What about you?"

"Nothing changed really," you say. 'Nothing changed. The only thing that happened was my mental breakdowns at home...alone. But no biggie,' you think to yourself.

"Oh." It turns awkward very quickly. Mark was the last person you would've thought to be awkward with. 

"What brings you here?" you chirp. 

"I'm supposed to be looking for inspiration for our comeback. And I'm guessing you go here?"

You nod. He looks at you skeptically.

"How did you get in?" he asks. You stay quiet. Mark understands by your silence. 

"It's fine, Y/N. Just tell me the truth. You can trust me," he gives you an assuring smile. 

"Well, obviously I didn't get in by my skill." You try to joke. 

"Haha. If this wasn't a school by status and wealth, I bet you would get in by a heartbeat," You smile at his words.

"Remember how my mom used to work as a housemaid?" He immediately nods which shows that he never really forgot about you.

"The owner of the house actually owns this university too. And for some weird reason he told my mom that I could be sent here. All expenses paid. But I treat it like any other university. And also, I can't be known that I'm part of third class."

"Third class?" he distorts his face in confusion. 

"Basically, students who don't have money or don't come from a wealthy family. They get picked on a lot and become like some kind of target."

"Oh...Does anyone know?" Mark whispers, even though there wasn't anyone near you two.

"Well...I don't think so, but today at lunch this girl tripped me and I think she knows something about me that others don't. But the thing is, I have no clue who that girl is or what she knows..." Mark nods slowly.

"It's okay, Y/N. Maybe she's just jealous of you for some reason." You laugh.

"I don't have anything that someone could be jealous of."

"Yes you do! You're smart, pretty, kind, and you have this handsome guy right in front of you." 

You chuckle. You guys are soon talking like you never actually lost contact. Mark suggests you come over to their dorm sometime to see Youngjae and to regain the friendship. You happily nod in agreement.

 

 

After that unexpected meeting with Mark, you are physically and mentally drained. You head to your room quickly and start homework. Three hours later, you're still on your second period homework.

Around 9 o' clock, Eunwoo comes into the dorm and also sits down at his own desk to start his homework. You're finishing up your last paragraph when everything turns black. 

You hear Eunwoo groan as he looks for something in his backpack. He takes out his phone and uses his flashlight to continue writing whatever he was before. You stare at the computer screen in confusion.

"Um...Eunwoo?"

"What?" he answers.

"What's happening?"

"They're checking the electricity stuff. They check up on this every few months."

"Wait then what do I do?"

"What do you mean? You breath and live your normal life." 

"No. Like how do I do my homework? I was almost done with my essay! I DIDN'T SAVE IT ON MY COMPUTER! EUNWOO WHAT DO I DOOO!??"

"Yah! Calm down. If it's not on there tomorrow morning then tell the teacher it was because there was a check up on the power for the dorm buildings. Just work on homework that you can write on paper."

You look at him hopelessly making him glance at you uncomfortably. "What?" he finally asks when you don't stop. 

"Do you have a laptop?" He looks at you weirdly. 

"Yeah. Don't you?" You immediately put your guard up.

"Yeah, b-but mine isn't charged."

"Fine," he reaches into his backpack and takes out a MacBook then hands it to you.

"Thanks," you gratefully take the laptop and open it up. You go into your school account and quickly find the file that your essay was written in. You open it to find 

A blank white screen. You scream into your pillow. Eunwoo just looks at you and shakes his head. You stop screaming and a few minutes later, Eunwoo feels a tap on his shoulder. He turns to see you and almost yelps because of how creepy you looked since you had a pale face and the light from his flashlight illuminated it. 

"What's your major?"

"Engineering? And music..."

"Music!?"

"Yeah..." He seemed a bit hesitant to talk about it, but of course you didn't care.

"You're into music? What kind? How did you get into music?" You squint at him.

"You don't need to know, but why did you ask about my major?"

"Oh. Because I was wondering if you could get my lost document back. You know. If you were into computers."

"I am."

"I know. So," you hand him the laptop. "Can you get the essay back?" Eunwoo sighs and takes it. You smile gratefully and go back to your desk and see if you had any other homework that didn't need a laptop. And of course, you didn't. After a few minutes, you hear Eunwoo sigh loudly. 

"Did you get it!?" you ask as you jump out of your chair and leap over to him. 

"Not quite...." You watch all these letters and numbers zoom past the screen and Eunwoo typing furiously. You take a look at him and is surprised. He looked so focused and pretty geeky, but also attractive in a way. You stare at him with a half open mouth, but quickly turn away when he makes a small movement. 

'What the heck is wrong with you, Y/N!?' You scold yourself. 

"DONE!" You turn to see your essay back on the screen and a exasperated Eunwoo.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank-" You stop when you feel Eunwoo not letting go of the laptop. You try to yank it out of his grasp, but he pulls it back even harder making you fall forward and onto the ground. "Ow...What now? I said thanks..." you say as you rub your arm.

"You owe me."

You groan. "What do you want then?" He looks to the side, thinking what he should get from you. I mean, he SHOULD take this advantage.

"How about dinner tomorrow?" You look at him with wide eyes.

"But we have a curfew! We need to be in our dorms by 8 o' clock-"

"Did you ever notice that no one actually follows that rule? It's fine they don't check the rooms anyway. Let's go to the food market a few minutes away from here. You're paying for everything."

"Wait. I know I owe you, but won't that be too much money? I never did whatever you did with the laptop, but I know it's not worth $50 dollars."

"Don't worry. I don't eat that much anyway." You are speechless, so in the end you just agree to sneak out tomorrow for dinner.

Before you fall asleep, you already know tomorrow's gonna be a long day...