Chapter 15

Fantagio University

You wake up to the light streaming through the blinds. Your alarm rung after ten minutes of you just laying there, staring at the ceiling. 

"TURN IT OFF!" You hear someone shout, distantly. You're finally pulled out of your daze when Eunwoo throws a pillow at your face. "TURN THE SONG OFF!"

You immediately sit up and turn the alarm off. You guess it got annoying after hearing it repeat over and over again. But you really liked the song. It was by this group called.... Was it BTS? The graduation song? You thought the guys were cute in the music video and the song was catchy, so you made it to your alarm.

"Sorry... I couldn't hear you," you say in your half sleepy and half awake voice. 

"Mmph," Eunwoo says before he suddenly bolts up. He looks at you with wide eyes.

"What!? What's wrong!?" you say, alarmed. 

"IT'S MONDAY! SHOOT. WE'RE LATE!"

"WHAT!?" Your hand shoots to your phone and you see that there was only twenty minutes until your class started. "HOW DID MY ALARM RING RIGHT NOW!?"

Then you remember you had changed it a forty minutes later than you actually woke up since you were sick. You groan and watch as Eunwoo leaps off his bed with his long limbs flailing. It was a funny sight to see with his disheveled hair and his panicked face. 

You let out a laugh before following after Eunwoo into the bathroom. The two of you brushed your teeth and it would've been pretty awkward if not for both of your guys's business. You changed in the restroom while Eunwoo agreed to change outside the bathroom. 

You ran out and grabbed your backpack once you were done. You didn't even have time to brush your hair and straighten yourself out. You opened the door and looked back to see if Eunwoo was done. 

Five minutes left.

"YAH! CHA EUNWOO! HURRY UP! I NEED TO LOCK THE DOOR!" 

Eunwoo almost falls flat on his face as he scrambles out. You quickly lock the door, put your key in your pocket and start running to your first class. It was a good thing you had it with Eunwoo since you weren't faced with consequences alone.

Good thing the professor was easy-going. 

"If I was in charge here, I wouldn't give any type of punishment," Professor Nam stated after class. You had hope for a second. It wouldn't be good if you had a detention, especially since it hadn't been long since you came. 

"But..." he continues, making your face drop. "I'm not in charge." 

You groan as he hands you and Eunwoo a slip for after school detention. 

"Sorry kids. Now go on to your next class before you get another detention!"

 

"THIS IS NOT FAIR!" Myungjun quickly covers your mouth before you can say anymore that makes you recieve judging stares. You remove Myungjun's hand and try to calm yourself down before you can rant. 

"I mean. Think about it guys. It was ONE TARDY!" you start to raise your voice again, but Sanha flicks your forehead. You groan in pain and rub the spot where he hit. 

"That's why it's Fantagio," Eunwoo says sarcastically. "The best and most advanced school in the whole world."

You chuckle and Eunwoo almost chokes. 

That was the most melodic thing he had ever heard in his whole life. Maybe it was an exaggeration, but he sure wasn't lying. 

"Eunwoo!" Myungjun snaps his fingers in front of Eunwoo's face, making him jump up. 

"W-What?"

"Y/N was asking you a question," Myungjun rolls his eyes. He noticed something odd about Eunwoo lately.

"O-Oh. Can you repeat it?" 

"I was just asking if you can head to detention with me after school." 

You panic when he just looks at you a bit confused.

"You don't need to if you don't want to. I was just asking because we're going to meet at the room anyway and I just wanted to see if you want to walk together. I mean, it's totally fine if you don't feel comfortable or if you don't want to walk with me. You shouldn't-"

Myungjun and Sanha laughs at your ramble while Moonbin grins at your cuteness.

"Geez Y/N. It's not a big deal. Calm down," Eunwoo says with a small smirk.

But this time...

You couldn't hear any coldness in his voice.

 

 

You sighed while packing up your bags and mentally prepared yourself for the last class of the day. You pushed through people and finally arrived in front of your classroom. You would always try to keep a low profile in this period especially because of Jinwoo. It was weird when you were in this class since Eunwoo would have to act somewhat like a couple with you. 

To be honest, you wondered what it would actually be like to be in a relationship with Eunwoo. Sure you used to date Jinwoo, but he was so different from Eunwoo. 

Well. At least that's how it looked right now.

You probably knew Jinwoo more than he knew himself. Jinwoo did some really dumb stuff. Too many to count. Before you became a couple, you always helped him out of trouble. You remembered that he got so many detentions back in junior year. You got him out of them. Probably more than half of the ones he recieved. The teachers favored you anyway, so it wasn't that hard to convince them. Even if Jinwoo got in a lot of trouble, he was so sweet and open. He wasn't the most extroverted person, but still tried to break the ice with new people. 

Eunwoo on the otherhand, was way to far from your grasp. You couldn't really figure him out, yet. The only thing you knew about him is that he appeared cold and almost intimidating, but he was really caring and sensitive in the inside. He would rarely show his caring side to anyone. It was frustrating at times, but you could wait until he was comfortable enough to show you his true personality. Eunwoo was probably a star student. He probably never got into trouble and therefore, never needed someone to help him get out of trouble. 

He would be hopeless in a relationship. 

 

 

You enter the last class of the day and scan the room until you spot Eunwoo in the seat opposite from where the two of you usually sat. You start to wave to get his attention, but then you are shoved forward. You reach your arms out and grab onto the desk in the front row. 

"Whoops. Didn't see you there."

You clench your teeth and whip around to see Jung Hyejin. It was that girl that always flirted with Eunwoo. 

You start to walk past her and then stomped on her foot. 

Yes, it was a bit childish, but that was the only thing you could do in the classroom. It wasn't like you could grab her hair or slap her across the cheek, no matter how much you wanted to. 

"Ow! What the fu-"

"WHOOPS! DIDN'T SEE YOUR FOOT! IT'S A BIT SMALL," you grin. "Then again, everything about you is small." You gestured to her chest having her gasp in shock and offense. Her friends snicker, but immediately shut up when Hyejin shoots them a look. 

You smirk in triumph and saunter away, then skip into your seat next to Eunwoo who had seen everything from the back of the classroom. Eunwoo slightly shakes his head with a small smile on his face, from your childishness.

"So!" you quirk up, slightly startling Eunwoo. "How was your day so far?"

Before Eunwoo can reply, you interrupt him again. "Wait! We are going to detention after class right?"

Eunwoo nods and tilts his head. "Yeah, but what was that with Hyejin earlier?"

"Oh," you look away from his gaze. 

Eunwoo smirks and leans close to your face, making your face burn up. "It looked like Hyejin was about to murder someone."

"I-I just-"

You lost your train of thought as an unfamiliar mop of ash gray hair sits in the seat right in front of you. Your eyebrows scrunch together, but before you can question, the teacher enters the classroom and claps her hands.

"Good afternoon, everyone- Oh!" she pauses and looks towards you and Eunwoo's direction. 

Eunwoo slightly straightens up and moves away from you and stares questionly at the teacher.

"Jinwoo? You look quite different," she smiles and then continues by writing some warm-up questions on the board. 

"Jinwoo?" you mouth to Eunwoo and he just looks at you assuringly.

 

 

When class is over, you wait for Eunwoo to finish packing his bag, but he asks you to wait outside, since he had to ask the professor before you guys left. 

You look around at the students, hurridly running around the halls to get to the library, their dorms, or just out of the school in general. 

You look back down at your feet and get too deep in your thoughts that you don't notice Jinwoo lean against the wall next to you. 

You wonder if Eunwoo's done yet, so you hoist yourself off the wall, but falter back when you see Jinwoo staring into blank space, right next to you.

"Jinwoo?" you stare at his hair. As much as you wanted to deny it, the color looked really good on him.

He suddenly straightens up at your voice and musters up a smile. "Hey, Y/N."

You look at him expectantly. What was he doing here anyway?

"Uh. So," his eyes trail off to the line of lockers along the opposite side of the wall. 

"So?" you were getting impatient. "Jinwoo, what do you want?"

"I know you guys aren't dating."

Your eyes slightly widen. How did he know? Were you that bad at acting?

"Yeah. You at acting," he keeps himself from smiling at your surprised reaction.

"Did I say that out loud?"

"Yup."

You roll your eyes. "Well. You got me. But I don't think that's the reason why you're here."

"I just...." he sighs. Why were you giving him such a hard time? "Can we really.... not be friends?"

You restrain yourself from scoffing. The incident was never really discussed between the two of you. You saw them kiss, but you never heard Jinwoo's side of the story. You knew you were playing victim, but you didn't want to listen to Jinwoo. You couldn't trust him. 

"I don't know," you said, just above a whisper and left, forgetting about walking to detention with Eunwoo. 

You could trust Jinwoo.

You were just afraid that you would fall again. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A/N: Yay. I finally updated! I don't know where I'm going with this story. It's pretty short and I'm so sorry! I've been so busy with school, but it's finally over!! I'm done with school which means I can write more. I am so sorry for this short chapter! I'll try to write more in the next chapter! Thanks for always supporting!