Chapter 14

Fantagio University

You woke up the next morning, your whole body sore.

You groan and then quickly cover your mouth with your hand. You glance at Eunwoo who is still sleeping with his covers covering half of his face.

You sit up and stretch your sore limbs. Maybe you had run and rode on too much rollercoasters the day before. Then, you suddenly sneeze and a shiver runs up your spine. You sniffle and realize you had dried up snot in the area between your nose and upper lip. Did you get a cold? 

You lay back down and gently close your eyes. You wanted to sleep for only ten more minutes, but you can already feel sleep taking over and 

 

When Eunwoo wakes up it's around eleven. 

'Weird,' he thought. 'Doesn't Y/N usually wake up earlier?' He turns on his left side to see you still in deep sleep with your lips slightly parted. 

'She must be tired. She came in late yesterday,' then he stops his thoughts. 'Why am I even thinking about her?'

"Cha Eunwoo. Get your mind straight," he mutters to himself as he steps out of his warm covers and exposes himself to the still somewhat crisp and chilly air. 

After he takes a short shower and washes up, he gets dressed in order to meet up with the others. He comes out of the restroom to see you still sleeping. 

He feels a small wave of worry wash over him. He quietly walks over to you and kneels down to feel your head. 

You were burning hot. 

Eunwoo dashes over to the drawer that had all the towels and takes out the hand towel to soak it up in cool water. He places it over your forehead and tucks in the blanket. He can hear your ragged breathing and makes him wonder where the heck you went yesterday to come back with a fever.

"Uh...Y/N?" he says as he gently shakes you. You grunt in response and open your eyes halfway. 

"I'm going to the store to buy some tea and medicine. You have a fever."

You hum and close your eyes again, feeling too tired, but restless to say anything or move. However, he doesn't miss you saying, "Hurry up," and he promises himself he will.

 

He sprints to the convenience store that was right next to the school and tried to find the items as quickly as possible. He didn't want to leave you alone for too long. He also never took care of anyone sick. If anyone was, his housemaid would take care of them. 

So, basically he was standing in front of the rows of medicine for about a good five minutes before an employee asked him what he was looking for.

Eunwoo scratched the back of his neck. "Just medicine for a cold. I'm not sure what she needs. Fever of 102.6 degrees (In Fahrenheit) and breathing...issues?" 

"Breathing issues....?" the employee raised an eyebrow, a bit confused. "Like.... Shortness of breathing? Does she have asthma?"

"Uh...." then Eunwoo suddenly remembered your profile the first day you came into the dorm. "Yes! Ah~ yeah I think she does."

"Well, you should ask if she has the medicine and mask for her asthma. What age is she?"

"Uh... Same as me," Eunwoo says shortly.

The employee is taken aback, but assumes Eunwoo is in the twenties. "Oh. Well then. She may not have a mask or the medicine, so just turn on a humidifier if you have one. We do have one for fifteen dollars," he gestures towards the back.

"I'm not a doctor so I don't know much about treatment. But here's the medicine for the fever," the worker hands Eunwoo the bottle.

"And here's the rest of the medicine for colds. Like runny nose, daytime medicine that doesn't make you drowsy, and nighttime medicine that does make you drowsy-"

Before he can go on about the twenty bottles of medicine, Eunwoo cuts him off politely. 

"Yeah. She only appeared to have a fever and a runny nose," he forces a smile when the employee shows a slight expression of annoyance. "Where was the humidifier?"

The worker's smile practically lights up his face as he points to the back. "Right there in the way back. Third shelf from the bottom. They're all fifteen to twenty-five dollars."

"Oh. Thanks," Eunwoo nods as he makes his way to the back away from the worker that made him feel somewhat burdensome. 

Eunwoo spots one that was ran by a water bottle. It was decent looking compared to the rest, so he took the box and went to the front with the rest of his things to the countertop. 

"All ready?" the same worker smiles. 

Eunwoo nods and drums his fingertips, unknowingly on the counter as his items are scanned. 

"It must be someone important," Eunwoo hears the worker say with a slight smile. His head shoots up as soon as he hears the words and almost chokes on his own spit.

"W-What?"

The young man lets out a squeaky laugh and claps his hands like a seal. "Who? Sister? Cousin? Girlfriend?"

"N-No! Friend. No. Not even a friend. Just a person I know," Eunwoo blurts out and feels his cheeks slightly grow warm.

"Uh huh. Of course. That's what they all say," the worker, now that Eunwoo knew as Jin from his nametag, grinned knowingly. 

"Here's your stuff," Jin hands him a black bag and the box. "The total is thirty-five dollars, but since it's for your sick girlfriend with asthma, I'll just take twenty-five."

"Thank you, b-but she's not my girlfriend," Eunwoo blinks his eyes as he puts down the money with slight force. 

Jin laughs again and shakes his head. He breaths out a happy sigh as he watches Eunwoo run down the street back to his dorm.

"Aigoo. Young love," Jin grins again as he cleans up his work space before ending his shift for lunch.

 

Eunwoo enters the dorm as quietly as he could. He notice he's only been gone for about twenty minutes and you were still fast asleep. Even though, you couldn't tell if someone even came in the room or not, you could feel his presence. It was weird how you felt Eunwoo near you even if you didn't actually see him with your eyes.

You crack open your right eye and almost laugh at how silent Eunwoo was trying to be. It was almost cute. 

"Eunwoo?" you croak out. You clear your thoat and try to get rid of the effect of sleep on it. 

"Oh. You're awake?"

"Yeah. I woke up right now. But what are you doing?"

"Did I wake you up?" he asks in slight panic. You shake your head.

"I just woke up automati- ACHOO!" your sneeze interrupts you. Then another. And another. You groan when you feel another one coming, but the tingly feeling disappears. 

"Sorry. Keep- ACHOO!" you roll your eyes in annoyance and collaspe back on your bed. 

Eunwoo has a slight smile as he walks over and sits down at the side of your bed. He sets down the bag and reaches for your forehead. Your whole body freezes when you feel his cold hand on your warm forehead. 

"You still have a slight fever," Eunwoo mumbles as he takes out the medicine for fevers. He pours a little into the medicine cup and hands you an extra water bottle from his backpack. 

You sit up and take the medicine and chug it down with the water. "Thanks," you tightly smile at him, but before you can say anything else you break into a bad cough. Eunwoo pats your back and raises the water to your lips almost spilling it all over you. 

"Are you okay?" he asks with concern. You nod assuringly. Then you stop when a box catches your eye. 

"What's that?" 

"O-Oh. A humidifier..." Eunwoo says sort of uncertainly. 

You scrunch your eyebrows together. "Why is there a humidifier? Did you buy it?"

"Well y-yeah. Because you weren't breathing regularly and the guy said to buy a humidifier...." Eunwoo stammers. "D-Do you have asthma? I thought I saw it on your profile befo-" He stops himself before saying more that freaks you out.

"Wait what? My profile? You did a background check on me!?" you start to cough and quickly take a gulp of water and remind yourself to keep your voice down so your throat would heal quicker.

"Yah. I'm n-not like a stalker or anything. I was just taking precautions," Eunwoo averts his eyes from your glare and stays still.

"Whatever. I'm too sick to do anything," you croak out and lay down to face the wall.

For the first time, Eunwoo actually felt bad for his actions. It was a weird feeling he didn't like. He almost felt... guilty. 

Your voice breaks the silence, startling Eunwoo. "I do have asthma. I don't use the mask because...well. There was this-" you trail off. 

"Okay," Eunwoo quickly interrupts when he hears your voice crack. "I'll put the humidifier on. If you're tired you should sleep more. When you're sick, you tend to nap more often right?" 

You let out a noise that was somewhat like a hum and rest your eyes. You weren't exactly tired or sleepy for that matter, but you didn't want to stay awake. You fell half asleep and kept drifting in and out until the sound of a door slamming shut woke you up. You blinked once, but once you heard voices you closed your eyes again.

"She was sick and you didn't say anything? You could've told me!" 

Was that...... Moonbin?

"Did I have to tell you?" You could hear the familiar coldness in Eunwoo's voice.

"Yes."

"And why is that?"

"Because. I'm her friend."

"Friend," you hear Eunwoo scoff.

There was a pause before you heard Eunwoo's voice colder than you have ever heard it before. It ran chills across your body.

"Do you like her?" It almost sounded like an accusation. Were people not allowed to like you or something?

But then again. WHY WASN'T MOONBIN SAYING ANYTHING?

That was when you felt the hated tingly sensation in your nose.

"What if I do?" 

'Oh shoot. Why now?'

"ACHOO!" you sneeze into the blanket and cringe while mentally face palming yourself. 

"Y/N?"

"Y/N?"

Both boys say.

Eunwoo glares at Moonbin who's practically leaping over to you. 

You look out from under your blanket to see Moonbin hovering over you. 

"Hi," you greet with a small smile. You sit up on the bed and swing your legs over. "What brings you here? Did something happen?"

"Nothing happened. Moonbin just wanted to see you," Eunwoo says while rolling his eyes and making his way over to you. He tries to sit down on the bed next to you, but Moonbin beats him to that, making Eunwoo sit down on his own bed, annoyed. 

"Why didn't you tell me you were sick?" Moonbin says in a tone that seems like he's scolding you.

"Well... I don't know. It's not like I'm dying right?" 

Moonbin rolls his eyes. "Right."

You giggle. 

"Are you feeling okay? Is it because of yesterday? Darn it. I should've just given you my jacket. But you had your jacket, so I didn't know you were cold. We should've came back to the dorms eariler. If we came before sundown, you wouldn't have gotten sick and-"

"Moonbin. It's fine. It's not your fault. Stop rambling," you flick his forehead. "Now go back to your dorm. I'm fine and if I do get worse, I'll just call you, okay? Plus, Eunwoo's right there, so he'll take care of me." 

Moonbin seems reluctant to leave, but when you threaten to throw him out the window he puts his hands up in surrender. He didn't feel assured that Eunwoo would take care of you. It just made him even more reluctant to leave. Eunwoo sharing the same dorm as you already worried him, but him being so close to you while taking care of you made him want to just sleep in between your and Eunwoo's bed or move in the dorm with the two of you.

"Okay. I'm coming tomorrow morning to check on you!" Moonbin ruffles your already messy hair and walks out. You wave goodbye and watch as the door slams shut.

You sigh and are about to wash your face in the bathroom when Eunwoo stops you. 

"Y/N?"

"Hmm?" you stop in your tracks and turn your body halfway to face him. 

"Where did you go last night? Or well.... The whole day I mean."

"Oh. To the amusement park. I think that's how I got sick."

"With Moonbin?"

You nod slowly. Why was he suddenly asking these questions?

"Why? Jealous?" you smirk.

"What?"

"Or are you," you fake gasp. "Are you worrying about me? Whoa. The cold Cha Eunwoo is worrying for me?"

"Yah!" he glares at you before you burst out laughing. 

"I'm just kidding!" you shout before he can shove you into the restroom. 

Once you close the door of the bathroom, you splash some water on your face. It was already ten o' clock, but you were sure that you weren't going to fall asleep. You already knew tomorrow would be a long Monday.

When you finished washing up you stared at yourself in the mirror and unknowingly smiled.

"Cha Eunwoo. You're finally warming up, huh?"

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: Okay I honestly think I'm gonna be like updating once a month or something. I've been so so so busy with school. I'm so sure I can write more during summer break (June- August) ANYWAYS! How was the chapter? Horrible right? Haha. I hope you guys liked it even if it was lacking! I do not know what I'm planning to write so if you guys can leave any suggestions, questions, ideas, or anything really for me, I'll really appreciate it!! THANK YOU FOR BEING SO PATIENT AND HAVE A NICE DAY/EVENING!!