Chapter 9

Fantagio University

*RECAP*

"Wait. I know I owe you, but won't that be too much money? I never did whatever you did with the laptop, but I know it's not worth $50 dollars."

"Don't worry. I don't eat that much anyway." You are speechless, so in the end you just agree to sneak out tomorrow for dinner.

Before you fall asleep, you already know tomorrow's gonna be a long day...

 

 

You barely made it on time to your first period. You woke up late because Eunwoo turned your alarms off even before it rang a full note and he didn't bother waking you up. When you stirred awake you found out that you had only five minutes before the first bell rang. You scrambled out of bed and almost broke your toe. You also didn't have any time to put on decent clothes or check your hair in the mirror. You ate a mint instead of brushing your teeth and hurridly ran out the door. 

Of course...Forgetting your laptop. 

You smack your forehead and groan while hitting your head against the desk. Right when you're about to bang it one last time, you feel a soft, squishy feeling instead of a hard, solid. You turn your head to see Myungjun resting his head on the table with his eyes closed.

"You shouldn't do that. Your brain cells are going to die," he whispers as he opens his eyes back up and smiles at you. You find yourself smiling with him, but you suddenly sit straight up when you hear Mr. Nam call your name.

"AND KIM MYUNGJUN!" MJ sits up as well. "Were you guys sleeping!?" Everyone starts laughing and you lower your stance to hide your face. 

"Sorry Ssaem!" you hear him shout. His voice cracks making everyone laugh again. Even the professor started chuckling. 

"Keeping your grades up is also good, but get some sleep while you're at it." You nod with a sheepish smile whlie Myungjun salutes. You felt a pair of eyes glaring at your back and you turn around to see a head turn around. You realize it's Eunwoo. You widen your eyes in shock. Was he actually looking at you? Wait, why were you shocked? You should be mad at him right now. He was the reason why you were late. You turn back around to make direct eye contact with him. You're taken aback, but you glare at him and he turns his head to his book.

*EUNWOO POV*

Eunwoo was minding his own business when he hears a quiet banging. He turns his head to see you with your head down. Then, he sees a hand reaching out then hesitating and going back down on the desk. Eunwoo squints in confusion and sees that it was Myungjun hyung. He watches as Myungjun stares at you with admiration in his eyes. He suddenly feels a rush of anger rise up. Why was he feeling so angry by this "scene"? He shook the feeling off, but doesn't take his eyes off of the both of you.

Then, he sees Myungjun slide his hand under your head and making you slam into his hand rather than the table. Eunwoo scoffs. What was this? Was this some sappy love story in a typical university. He looks to his notes then finds his eyes roaming over to you when the professor calls you both out.

Eunwoo smirks. 'Serves you right Myungjun!' But then, Myungjun releases the tension with his humor. He rolls his eyes. Of course.

He glares at your back, but then he sees you moving. When he looks up, he meets your eyes and just stares blankly. You start glaring at him and he turns his head back to his book. He got caught. He internally groans.

*YOUR POV*

The bell rang and you soon forgot about that weird glaring contest with Eunwoo. You're about to leave the classroom when the proffesor stops you. Were you in trouble?

"Well, Y/N. You were the only student who didn't turn in your essay today."

"Ah~ The thing is I woke up late today because my alarm was turned off by my roomate. I can turn it in to you in about two hours. I can run to the dorms during my free period." He just smiles in response.

"I usually don't do this, but I can understand your position. I've been in your shoes before. Only this time I'm letting you off. Plus, you're new too. Just turn it in tomorrow okay? Just before the end of the week."

You nod gratefully and sprint to your next class, since you didn't want to be like Moonbin. You plop down in the seat from yesterday just before Mrs. Choi enters the room. She scans all the seats and notices that the only person missing was Moonbin. By her expression, it didn't seem new. You're into ten minutes of the class when Moonbin bursts through the door panting and dripping sweat from his forehead. 

"S-Sorry Mrs. Choi! I.....I couldn't....." he breathes out.

Mrs. Choi shakes her head. "Get to your seat young man." Moonbin nods and climbs up the steps and next to you. He pants out a hi and you smile in response.

You show him the notes you took and he thanks you after copying them down in his own notebook. You glance over to see a not to messy handwriting. You look over at him writing down the notes furiously from Mrs. Choi's fast moving slides.

'Heh. He looks so cute. WAIT WHAT ARE YOU THINKING OMG STOP Y/N!' You shake the thoughts out of your head, earning some weird looks from your classmates and a worried look from Moonbin.

 

 

After the day ended, you headed to your dorm with Myungjun, Sanha, Eunwoo, and Moonbin. You talked with Sanha most of time and realized why he was called the beagle out of the group. You suggested they all go up the stairs since only one of the elevators were working. It took you  twenty minutes to get up to the third floor because Sanha kept tripping over his own legs and all of you were busy laughing at him.

When you finally get up you jump in joy, but then lose your footing and almost fall on your face, but all the guys save you. Besides Sanha. He was just laughing and literally rolling on the floor about how you would've broken your nose and whatnot.

You smile in thanks to the three other boys and they reluctantly let you go. Myungjun and Sanha go into their dorm and Moonbin decides to follow you in your dorm with Eunwoo. You guys agreed to start on homework.

You never really noticed, but you realized that the dorm was actually really small with three people. You sat on your bed, Eunwoo at his own desk, and Moonbin at your desk. Moonbin insisted that he take Eunwoo's bed, but you didn't want him to do his homework uncomfortably.

After thirty minutes of doing homework you decide to break the silence. It was way too quiet. 

"Hey Eunwoo?" you ask. 

"What," he replies without looking up. 

"Did you know that you're a year older than me?"

He stays silent and you sigh. He never talked to you. It made you feel bored because you liked to talk to people. Especially when you were really close to them, you never shut up.

"Y/N?" You look up to see Moonbin looking confused.

"Yeah?" you reply as you sit on the edge of your bed.

"How do you do this problem?" You laugh and you move closer to his spot since the desk and the bed were right next to each other. It was math. You weren't the best, but you also weren't the worst at it. 

After you explained and solved it, you felt like something was off. Then, suddenly Eunwoo took the book and started to solve the problem. After he was done he gave it back to Moonbin. You both look at the work he showed. It was really neat. You felt like you learned something new.

A few hours later, Moonbin left to his dorm that he shared with Rocky. You stretched out your limbs from being crouched for hours. You lay down on your back on the bed and hug your pillow. You hear Eunwoo half laugh and half choke. You look up from behind the large pillow.

"What?" you ask.

"Nothing. Aren't you going to get ready?" he asks. You look at him in confusion. "Don't tell me you already forgot..." he frowns at you.

You widen your eyes. "Oh! Dinner! Can we sneak out though?" Eunwoo rolls his eyes. 

"Just change. We can figure that out later." You nod and go into the bathroom to change out of your jeans and into sweats and a long sleeve t-shirt. You come out to see Eunwoo in a large gray sweater and Adidas sweats. He looked like a typical handsome university student.

"Are you ready?" he asks. You nod in response. You grab your wallet and phone.

"Do you have the keys?" you ask Eunwoo. He shows them to you as proof. "Okay then. Let's go!" 

When the two of you come out of the room, you look at him since you didn't know what to do. 

"We have to take the window." he answers simply as he heads to Myungjun's dorm. 

"What?" you ask in confusion. You follow him without any other complaint even though your mouth was itching to talk. The door opens almost immediately after Eunwoo knocks. It was Sanha who opened the door. When you went towards their window, you saw Myungjun setting something up. 

You watch as Eunwoo asks Myungjun something, but you couldn't really hear because Sanha was practicing his guitar really loudly and literally screaming out lyrics. You glared at him when he did a "high note." Sanha just stuck out his tongue in response. You roll your eyes. He was such a kid.

You turn around only to see Eunwoo jump out the window.

"WHAT!?" You run over to see him in some sort of basket. Myungjun helps you in and then releases a rope that you assumed that was holding the basket in place. The two of you fall straight down, but right when you thought you guys were about to crash it stopped only a few inches from the ground. 

You hop out with Eunwoo and wave a thanks to Myungjun. He smiles in response. 

As you head to the night market you see a shadow that seemed unfamiliar. You grab onto Eunwoo's arm making him startled.

"You scared me. What is it?" He asks kind of loudly. You put a finger up to your lips. You make him walk faster as you whisper.

"I think I saw someone, but I don't know who it is." Eunwoo turns around only to feel your hands turning his head back to the front. "Don't look!" you whisper-shout.

"I need to see if it's anyone dangerous don't I?" Eunwoo tries to turn around again when he hears a yell. It was Mr. Choi. He was Mrs. Choi's cousin. He was also the supervisor for all the students who did any sports in the university. 

"YAH! WHO ARE YOU GUYS!? THE LONGER I LOOK AT YOU TWO THE MORE I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHO YOU GUYS ARE!" 

"Siwon teacher?" you mutter. 

"Don't turn around." Eunwoo grabs wrist and starts sprinting. 

"Yah. YAH. YAHH!!" You hear Mr. Choi yelling and hear his footsteps nearing you. 

"Go faster!" you yell at Eunwoo and pick up your own pace. 

"Aish," he curses under his breath. Then, you feel him hold your hand. You almost slap him away, but then you remember that you were running away from the scariest teacher on campus. You have no choice, but to let him hold it and drag you into the crowds of the food market.