Chapter 12

Fantagio University

"Why don't you go see mom at her grave?" You hear the guy whisper harshly.

You hear Eunseo scoff. "It doesn't matter whether I see her or not. She never acted like a mom to me or you. And you also never acted like my brother." 

"BRO-" You quickly muffle Sanha with your hand before they could hear him. "It's Professor Hyungshik!" Sanha whisper-shouts.

"Keep quiet, you orange giant." you whisper, quietly, making Sanha rolls his eyes at you. You go back to eavesdropping.

"Park Eunseo. Don't you know how much I cared for you after mom and dad died?"

"No. How would I if you didn't even look for me until you were broke and were practically living on the streets?" Eunseo's voice cracks. 

Hyungshik sighs. "Look Eunseo. I really am sorry, but that doesn't give you an excuse not to visit mom! You barely gave her any attention when she WAS alive and you aren't giving her any more attention now. She's dead! She can't be next to us anymore! She can't feed us. She can't worry about us or ask how our day was anymore! Why are you so selfish!? Yeah, sure she wasn't the most attentive mother in the neighborhood, but she still cared! She still loved us." you watch as he breaks down right in front of you, Sanha, and his own sister. 

You decide to go now. It felt like you knew too much about them and it made you feel somewhat guilty. You tug slightly on Sanha's sleeve to indicate to go back to the dorms.

As you were walking, you found it odd how Sanha wasn't saying a word. "Are you okay?" you ask tentatively.

He just sighs. "Yeah I guess. I just never knew Eunseo-noona had a life that was so hard."

"Yeah. Don't tell anyone about this. I think it'll be better if Eunseo can tell others rather than us telling about her private life you know? Wait until she opens up to us." you say with a small smile. Sanha grins back at you and nods.

 

You arrive at your dorm and collaspe on the bed. You stuff your face into the pillow and let out a tired groan. You yelp when someone jumps on top of you. 

"AHAHAHAHA!" You hear Myungjun's laugh that never fails to make you smile. You giggle into the pillow and you feel him fall onto the ground making him laugh harder and you to lift your head out of the pillow. He had a light blue hoodie and a pair of jeans on and was currently wrinkling them by rolling around the floor. 

"So. How was your class?" he asks when he finally stops laughing. You realized that you always manage to laugh and smile with Myungjun around. But it also always took about ten minutes for him to calm down. 

You half-smile. "It wasn't as boring as I thought it would be."

"Ha. Really? Back when I had him, it seemed like he was droning on and on. But maybe that's because I'm not so interested in philosophy."

"Oh. I like philosophy. When you don't like something, you tend to block it off. That's me with everything else other than philosophy." you laugh.

Myungjun's about to say something when Eunwoo walks in through the door. 

"Oh. Hey Eunwoo!" you hear Myungjun chirp next to you. You wave at him as he eyes you two.

"Hi..." he says, quietly. It suddenly gets quiet and awkward. 

"Are you going to stay here longer, hyung?" Eunwoo asks curiously. Myungjun shoots up.

"Oh. No. I was just talking to Y/N how her lesson was. I'll see you guys later." he smiles and waves. 

"Bye!" you shout before the door shuts completely. You turn to Eunwoo. 

"Where did you go?"

"You don't need to know," he says without looking up from his backpack. You sigh in defeat.

"Why are you so cold?" you mumble to yourself. It was very quietly said but Eunwoo heard and felt a little hurt. Maybe he did have to open up a bit. But he always remembered his parents. Revealing your whole personality ruined you in the end. To others like you, it was probably a stupid "motto." To Eunwoo, it was more like a life lesson. 

The whole day, you finish up on essays and homework. You decide to go eye shopping. You ask Eunwoo if he wants to come along, but he says that he's too tired. Myungjun and Sanha are suddenly nowhere to be found. 

"Wow. Do I really have this little friends?" you sigh and wait for the elevator to take you to the ground floor. As you're walking across to the exit you hear another set of footsteps behind you. You glance back to see Moonbin looking down at his phone.

"Hi Moonbin!" he looks up and smiles. 

"Hey. Where are you going?" he asks you.

"I was bored, so I decided to look around the shops here."

"Oh."

"Where were you headed to?" 

"Rocky asked me to bring this over," Moonbin says as he shows you a small speaker. "Do you wanna go together?" he asks.

"You don't have to if you don't want to!" he quickly adds making you giggle.

"Sure. Let's go."

 

Moonbin and you arrive in front of a two story building. 

'Fantagio?' you think. Wasn't that the name of your university? You follow Moonbin in and head up the stairs. You hear music playing from the room you passed. You are taken in the room at the end. You peek your head in to see Rocky on his phone on the floor.

He looks up when he senses someone's presence in the room. "Oh hey Y/N." He greets you. You wave in response.

"Did you bring it?" he asks Moonbin. Moonbin hands him the speaker which Rocky takes gratefully. He plugs his phone in and starts playing upbeat music. 

"Are you practicing your dance?" you ask. Rocky nods. He waits for a few more seconds then starts the choreography. Moonbin pulls you to the wall, so you two can sit down and watch. 

When Rocky finished you clapped your hands enthusiastically. "That was really good!!" 

He grins sheepishly and thanks you. "Don't get hurt while practicing!" Moonbin yells before you guys leave. 

"Where do you wanna go?" he asks you once you're outside. 

"I don't know. How about you show me around? I haven't been living here that long and the only place I know is the night food market because Eunwoo took me before."

"Eunwoo?" You could hear....jealousy? in his voice. But why would he be jealous? 

"Uh...Yeah why?" you look over at him in confusion. 

"Nothing," he says as he clears his throat. "Do you want something to eat before we walk around?"

"Yeah! I'm pretty hungry," you say and as if on cue, your stomach grumbles. You blush in embarassment, but Moonbin only laughs obnoxiously.

You slap his arm and his laughing calms down into a smile. "I know a nice place. Their food is good and the place is quite nice." You nod and tell Moonbin to lead the way.

 

You both arrive in front of a cozy looking cafe. You liked how small and peaceful it looked. 

"It may be small, but I promise it has more food than it looks like," Moonbin rubs the back of his neck in nervousness. What if you were one of those girls that liked more fancy restaurants?

"I like it," you grin. 

When you're in the shop a woman behind the counter rushes up to Moonbin and hugs him tightly. You look between the two of them in utter confusion. 

"Who's this?" the woman asks while looking at you. 

"Oh. My name is Y/N," you say politely.

"Girlfriend?" the woman whispers quite loudly to Moonbin making the both of you blush. 

'Haha. I wish. WAIT WHAT! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU Y/N!!?' you startle yourself by thinking that.

"N-No! She's just a friend of mine!" Moonbin quickly clarifies. The woman smiles kindly. 

"Well then. Do you want to order or should I just bring something out?"

"The tastiest food of yours," Moonbin winks and she chuckles as she goes into the kitchen. "I hope you don't mind if she just cooks something up."

"Of course. I didn't know what to order anyway," you assure him. After about ten minutes, your food comes out. By then, you and Moonbin were talking about the most random things. You got closer with Moonbin in ten minutes then you had with Eunwoo in a month. 

The food was really good and much better than what you had expected. 

"Mmm... Oh my goodness. This is so good!" you say as you stuff your face with the rice. Moonbin chuckles as he looks at you stuff your mouth. Of course you who were eating like some pig didn't notice him staring at you. After you take a sip of your water you catch Moonbin looking at you. He coughs and blushes furiously as he drinks his own water. 

"Should we get going now?" you ask in the somewhat awkward atmosphere. 

"Yeah sure. You wanted to walk around?" he questions.

You nod. "Yup. I brought money just in case seomthing caught my eye. And here." You take out some money from your pocket. "The food was really good. I'll pay!"

"Nope," Moonbin gently slaps your hand away and stands up quickly. You follow, but he's way too fast. 

Before you know it, Moonbin's already done paying for the meal and pushing you out the door after you greet the woman goodbye.

"Do you have any stores you want to go to?" he asks you once you guys are outside.

"Not at the moment... Do you?" you ask as you turn your body around to face him. 

"Nope. Should we just walk around the city? It honestly doesn't take that long. This part of Seoul is pretty small."

"Alright. Let's go the opposite way of the park," you skip through the park with Moonbin watching from behind. 

"Cute."

 

You stop your skipping when a baby blue dress catches your eye. Moonbin walks forward in front of you, but then stops when he notices you aren't next to him. 

"Hey what are you looking at?" you hear Moonbin call out. You spin around and shake your head.

"Nothing. Oh! Sanha was talking about how there was this one shop that sold pretty good stuff and it's cheap! I forgot the name of the shop...."

"Morning Glory?" he suggests.

"I think so... Let's go there," you say and walk down the street.

You enter the small stationary shop. After looking around, you started to feel bored. The town wasn't that big, so there wasn't that much stuff to look around and do. You didn't think Moonbin knew where to go either. You stop when you feel a hand on your wrist. You turn around and see Moonbin with a mischievous smile on his face. 

"What's wrong?" you ask suspiciously.

"Do you have anything like a class or something you need to do later today?"

"No. Why?"

Moonbin smiles even wider.

"Okay!" he starts running toward the street. He waves for a taxi and shoves you in. Before you can protest he takes out a blindfold and ties it around your eyes. 

"Moonbin.... You aren't going to kill me or anything right?" you hear him chuckle. It seemed like his regular chuckle that seemed kind. What if you were going to die? Today!? No...Not today...You couldn't be dying at this age! 

"Don't worry. You can trust me," he reassures you, but he knew you were actually pretty anxious. You weren't that close with him yet. But he was determined that he would get to know you better today. To do that, he needed to go somewhere that you'll be able to let out your stress, have fun, and become more open with him.

 

After a fifteen minute drive, you felt the taxi stop and Moonbin thank the taxi driver. You felt the wind entering the car when Moonbin opens the door. He helps you out and closes the door behind you. You hear distant rumbling and screams. Were you at a slaughter house or some group kidnapping building? What was going on?

"Yah. Moonbin. If you don't fu-" You're interrupted when you feel the blindfold being taken off. You udjust your eyes to the surroundings and notice a crowd of people in front of the enterance. 

You widen your eyes and turn around to face Moonbin. 

"I took the blindfold at the right time. You were about to cuss at me, huh?" Moonbin shakes his head, pretending to be disappointed. 

"Chi~" you scoff and slap his arm. "I seriously thought you were kidnapping me or something. Next time, just tell me where we're going."

"You're happy anyway!" he yells and jogs to the enterance of the amusement park. He stops and turns around when he sensed that you weren't coming. He waves you over and you smile.

Maybe today wouldn't be as boring as you thought it would be.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A/N: OH MY GOODNESS. I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING AFTER LIKE A MILLION YEARS!! I WAS TRAPPED UNDER ALL THIS SCHOOLWORK THAT I KEPT FORGETTING TO WRITE! :(((( I STILL HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER! SORRY ONCE AGAIN AND I WILL TRY TO WRITE MORE OFTEN! THANK YOU!