Truth Or Dare?

Sweet Sarang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The three girls returned to Sarang’s place after spending a fun afternoon at the mall. They had lunch and then shopped for some stuff like makeup and handbags.

“I wish I were a millionaire” Yerim breathed as she threw her tired body on the sofa, “I would have bought every single. handbag there.”

“I know right?” Yoonseul agreed, “They’re so pretty but so damn expensive.”

“Right,” Sarang finished arranging the bags neatly by the wall after the two girls scattered them around.

“You don’t have to worry about that though,” Yerim said.

“I actually do” Sarang finally plopped on the couch too making the three of them occupy almost the whole room. “My bank account is entering the danger zone. I’m not rich anymore, remember? My dad—“

“She meant your husband is very rich” Yoonseul interrupted.

They didn’t like bringing up what happened to Sarang’s father’s company. It’s not like they can’t afford to eat anymore, but after the sudden bankruptcy their state was no longer like it used to be before. After the crisis Sarang had to actually save money, something she never worried about before.

“Yeah,” Yerim clarified, “I meant your husband could afford the whole store of handbags.”

Sarang thought for a moment and smiled, “Speaking of him… He’s being unusually nice lately.”

“Nice?” Yoonseul questioned. “What does he do?”

“Yeah, he’s been saying good night and good morning, and he no longer refuses to eat or drink everything I offer. The other day I made him coffee and he took it, and like, he used to say I don’t care basically every time I uttered a word but now he actually answers me.”

Yerim and Yoonseul exchanged looks.

“Sorry to break it to you darling but that’s not called being nice,” Yerim spoke frankly, “That’s the most basic conversation two people living together can have.”

Sarang’s brows furrowed, “There is a progress though. The other day I choked on rice and he quickly got me water.”

“Wow how nice!” Yerim faked enthusiasm, “Did you hear that Yoonseul? He saved her from choking to death!”

Yoonseul choked back a laugh, “Gosh Yerim you’re such a ” she finally laughed.

“I’m taking that as a compliment” she winked at Yoonseul then looked at Sarang more seriously, “Hey I don’t mean to be harsh okay? I’m just worried about your feelings I don’t want you to set your hopes high and then get hurt.”

“No, I know” Sarang nodded. Yerim was being honest and she understood her. Actually, she was used to her honestly she didn’t find it cruel or offending. Yerim had a point, what she said made sense.

“She’s right” Yoonseul agreed, “But at least you have someone to save you” she winked at Sarang, “Meanwhile Yerim’s roommate would let her choke to death.”

“That’s true I gotta admit” Yerim nodded, “I’m going to die alone,” she said making them laugh.

“Eyy you’ll find the right one for you” Sarang assured.

The girls stopped talking when they heard the front door being opened and they sat straight instead of lying messily around.

Surprisingly, the figure who appeared first wasn’t Chanyeol, it was someone who made Yerim’s eyes widen. It was Lay. Behind him followed the rest; Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sehun.

Sarang and Yoonseul exchanged awkward looks then they looked at Yerim who was now casually maintaining an unfazed expression although they knew her well enough to know she was not really unfazed. They didn’t forget about the wild night Lay and Yerim shared.

“You’re here” Sarang immediately smiled when she saw Chanyeol.

The boys greeted as they took the available seats making the room crowded as ever. Yerim and Yoonseul moved next to Sarang making room for the others. Chanyeol and Sehun took one couch and Lay and Baekhyun took the other one.

“It’s good to see you Sarang-ah” Baekhyun said cheerfully and she responded with a smile as cheerful as his.

“It’s good to see you too. You guys should really visit more often.”

Although she didn’t know them that much she was the friendly type who would easily carry on a conversation with anyone and Baekhyun was pretty much like her.

“I think we should,” Lay said with a hint of a smirk as his eyes were intently on Yerim who acted like she didn’t care.

The first few minutes were awkward, Sarang’s friends didn’t know Chanyeol or his friends that much, and Chanyeol’s friends, too, didn’t know Yerim and Yoonseul that much. Of course they had seen them before but never really talked. Heck they had barely talked to Sarang herself. And although Lay and Yerim had a special interaction before, they didn’t really know each other.

But then the conversation between everyone was naturally developing from the weather to classes and university majors and jobs.

Yerim checked her phone when it buzzed. It was a text message from Yoonseul who was siting literally right next to her.

He’s so handsome wyd how’d you let him go?

Yerim rolled her eyes and texted back.

For God’s sake Yoonseul…

When she tucked her phone back in her pocket she raised her eyes to catch up with the conversation but found Lay’s eyes on her. She didn’t understand it either but her heart skipped a beat. It’s not like he was the first guy she spent a night with but for some reason the memories of that night in particular kept roaming in her brain, and now that he was looking at her like that made it worse. She was never attached to any night, or any guy before.

 

“I’ll bring some beer” Chanyeol stood and Sarang quickly followed.

“I’ll help” she offered.

The two went to the kitchen, it was much more quiet there.

“It’s really crowded there” Sarang smiled sheepishly, “I hope it’s alright that my friends came over.”

Chanyeol placed four bottles of beer on the table, “Why wouldn’t it be alright?” he bent toward the refrigerator again to grab another four.

“I don’t know” she shrugged, “I guess you wanted to spend some time with your friends.”

“Yeah because we have a lot of secrets to discuss” he narrowed his eyes at her.

“Yah I’m being considerate.”

Chanyeol laughed lightly, he held four bottles and nodded at the other four signaling Sarang to carry them and she did.

“Eventually this ended up being your place too so you can bring your friends anytime” he said before he walked back to living room.

Sarang took a minute to process what he just told her. His place is now her place too. Ahh why did a small sentence like that bring so many feelings to her? He used to treat her like a temporary unwanted guest but did he finally accept the fact that she was staying there with him?

“Aishh I’m going crazy because of you Park Chanyeol” she murmured to herself as she followed him to the living room and distributed the beer among them.

Yerim took the bottle but announced that she couldn’t stay for too long.

“Come on it’s a Sat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter