One And Only

Sweet Sarang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol leaned his back against his car as he waited for Sarang down the stairs facing her front door. It was a lucky coincidence that her parents weren’t home. Some friends invited them for dinner.

He didn’t wait for too long before the door opened and a wide smile plastered on his face as the most beautiful woman he had ever seen appeared from behind it.

He straightened up quickly as he felt his heartbeats hammering loudly against his chest.

He could see her smile from up there as she walked down the stairs battling with the wind that kept blowing her long black hair. It shined under the moonlight and he could imagine its softness.

He shook his head lightly, blown away, unable to understand how someone could be so stunning.

God she was so y yet she had the face of an angel.

Her tight black mini dress did her body justice. It hugged her waist and her every beautiful curve. He found himself biting his lower lip as his eyes roamed down her exposed thighs and legs. Although it did spark some jealousy in him, knowing that she’s going to drive them all insane just like she did to him, he didn’t comment on that.

Of course he’d be protective if someone tried to flirt with her but he wasn’t the type to try to control her. The rule for him was like that: it’s her choice to wear whatever she wants and he would never mind it, but if some bastard tried to lay a finger on her he’d break his bones.

“Hey,” Sarang greeted Chanyeol with a smile when she reached him.

Now that she was closer he looked at her from head to toe and, unable to fight the urge, he leaned closer and planted a soft kiss on her cheek as a way to greet back.

Sarang’s cheeks immediately turned pink. She couldn’t even hide her blush.

Chanyeol smiled at her cuteness then closed his eyes and stood still for a moment.

Sarang’s brows furrowed, “What are you doing?” she asked.

He opened his eyes.

“Thanking my lucky stars,” he tried to sound serious, “I must have many of them to be going out with you tonight.”

“Yah,” Sarang slapped his arm jokingly as she laughed. She really thought he was doing something serious at first but now he only made her shy.

“Let’s go,” Chanyeol laughed lightly.

He opened the door for Sarang first, and then after she got in he closed it and climbed into the driver’s seat.

 

~

 

Sarang glanced at Chanyeol as he drove. His dark hair was pushed back giving view to his forehead and magical eyes. They were wide and big, she loved looking at them.

The sleeves of his black shirt were folded almost up to the elbows and his first two buttons were undone, exposing his neck and collars.

He was y in ways she couldn’t deny. Even the visible veins on his hand that held the driving wheel were attractive and the Rolex that rested on his wrist looked like it was made for him only.

There were little things he did without even noticing that were fascinating in a way. Like the way he’d touch his jaw with his thumb whenever he had to stop for a moment and wait for the red light to turn green, or how he’d run his fingers through his hair pushing it back.

Sarang turned to look ahead pretending like she wasn’t observing him when Chanyeol parked the car. They had finally arrived to the bar where her friends decided to meet up and have a fun night since it had been a long time since they all hang out together.

She told them she’d bring someone but none other than Yerim knew who to expect.

“Let’s go,” Sarang smiled excitedly.

A part of Chanyeol was nervous because he didn’t know what to expect. He had no idea how everyone other than Yerim would react but he was not backing out no matter what.

It was time to face them and make it clear that he’s back for her. Since he couldn’t just directly tell her everything, especially since almost everyone was against him, he figured he’d start here.

This was the first step then the next one would be talking to her parents and then the final and most difficult step is to explain the truth to Sarang and hoping she could remember him and if not then at least accept him.

 

~

 

“Easy,” Kyungsoo frowned at Yerim who took her drink in one shot. “It’s still early, we have a long night don’t get drunk just yet.”

“Eyy it was just one drink,” Yerim waved her hand assuring that it’s no big deal.

She was glad that the whole group went out together because it had been a while since they did, but even though she tried to get rid of the nostalgia she still couldn’t.

It was like one of those nights when she first met Yixing. That night they all went out to the bar together and she came across him.

They danced and laughed and talked then he took her home. The two thought they’d just mess around a little but they somehow got attached to each other and now she found herself in a crowded bar feeling lonely as she thought about him. She missed him.

Yerim glanced up at Yoonseul and Jongin who were sitting next to her. The table was rounded so everyone could see each other clearly. She half smiled seeing Yoonseul giggling at something Jongin whispered against her ear. He was probably being dirty.

She sighed wishing Yixing was there too but she also knew she was the one who drove him away.

“Where is Sarang?” Kyungsoo checked his phone for the time, “Isn’t she late?”

“We just got here,” Yoonseul shook her head, “She’d be here any minute.”

That’s when Yerim spotted here across the room. She was with Chanyeol searching the place with her eyes.

“Oh here!” Yerim waved her hand to Sarang.

The place was dark and crowded but after waving for three times Chanyeol saw her and he motioned Sarang to walk to their table.

“Hey!” Sarang greeted everyone with a smile, “Meet my friend,” she turned to him then to them, “Park Chanyeol.”

No one spoke. Yoonseul’s eyes widened while Jongin looked pretty confused. Yerim was checking everyone’s faces as if to see their reactions and Kyungsoo, he looked with disbelief.

“What’s wrong?” Sarang mouthed with a frown, “Aren’t you going to say hi?” she muttered.

“Oh hey!” Yerim smiled. She stood up quickly and extended her arm for a handshake. “It’s nice that you’re here to join us.”

“Thanks,” Chanyeol smiled gratefully.

Yerim turned to her friends who were still seated, looking confused and shocked. She gave them a silent but firm nod as if to say ‘greet him right now.’

“Hey, dude,” Jongin reached for a handshake too, “Please join us,” he pointed at the empty seats.

“Thanks,” Chanyeol nodded. He helped Sarang sit first then he sat next to her.

“So you came with Sarang?” Yoonseul tried to understand, “I mean… you guys know each other?”

Sarang’s brows furrowed, “Why are you all so surprised?” she asked, “It’s not like we didn’t know each other before my accident,” she stated as-a-matter-of-factly, “Come on, I know we weren’t that close but we were friends so just get out of that shock already. I don’t get what’s the big deal…”

“Oh, yeah,” Yoonseul laughed lightly, only now realizing that she was supposed to act like Chanyeol and Sarang knew each other before the accident.

She was so shocked because of what was happening and the fact that Sarang had no idea who he was yet she was seeing him. What kind of strange fate… it amazed her.

“Ah,” Sarang sighed raising her phone, “Mom is calling, I’m going to answer,” she stood up and walked outside where it’s quieter.

Kyungsoo scoffed as soon as she left.

“So we’re gonna sit and pretend like we all don’t know each other?” he spoke bitterly.

“No offense, Chanyeol, but what are you doing here with Sarang?” Yoonseul asked, genuinely confused.

“She invited me—“

“Why are you seeing her again?” Kyungsoo demanded. “Haven’t you had enough of hurting her? You want to lie to her again?”

“That’s not—“

“Her mom warned you to stay away!” Kyungsoo interrupted, “Heck! Sarang doesn’t even know who you are!”

Yerim slammed her glass on the table impatiently after she swallowed another drink in one shot.

“How about we stop pretending like they don’t know each other?” she turned to Kyungsoo. “They were married. She carried his child. She loved him with all her heart—“

“She doesn’t remember that!” Kyungsoo argued.

“So?!” she almost yelled, “She knew him before her memory loss and she knows him now and in both times she liked him, I mean she obviously invited him for a reason, so I suggest we just let them be.”

Kyungsoo was about to say something but Jongin spoke first.

“I agree with Yerim,” he said. “I don’t get why my aunt, or any of us, thought that we had the right to hide the truth from Sarang. We should have told her everything and helped her remember. At least, when she remembers the decision will be up to her. Whether she wants to move on or forgive Chanyeol, it should be up to her.”

Yerim gave him an appreciative look. Someone has finally understood her.

“I’m not going to watch her get hurt again,” Kyungsoo determined, “Not when she has the chance to forget it and live without it.”

“I think we have already established that I did not cheat on her,” Chanyeol balled his fist as he tried to remain calm but Kyungsoo was getting on his nerves.

“Whatever, it’s not like you didn’t hurt her in other ways.”

“But you also know that I changed later and—“

Chanyeol suddenly stopped midsentence when he felt Sarang’s soft hand on his shoulder. She toughed it gently before she sat down.

Sarang looked at everyone’s faces. They were all suddenly quiet, no one talking at all, not even smiling or looking at her or at each other. Each pretended to be busy looking somewhere else.

“What’s going on?” she asked, “Did anything happen?”

“No,” Yerim tried not to sound angry, “We were waiting for you to return,” she forced a half smile.

Kyungsoo gulped down his drink then stood up and left wordlessly.

“Eh? Where did he go?”Sarang frowned.

“He’s probably gonna find someone to dance with,” Jongin smiled, “We came here to dance and drink,” he winked.

“Right,” Sarang clapped excitedly making Chanyeol laugh. She was such a mood maker. She always lightened up his mood when he was mad or feeling down.

“Why don’t you two go dance?” Yerim suggested as she stood up, “I’ll find a dancing partner for myself,” she stuck out her tongue and left.

“We’ll join too!” Jongin stood up and helped Yoonseul who was still kinda baffled but trying to let it go.

Sarang and Chanyeol who were left alone exchanged looks then smiled. He wordlessly stood up and offered his hand which Sarang gladly held before the two walked to the dance floor.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter