Too Annoying

Sweet Sarang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chanyeol

 

I loosened my tie as I left the office feeling like I was suffocating, I needed to go out. Behind the desk my secretary looked confused.

“Mr. Park?” she called, “Are you leaving already?”

“Yes.” I answered shortly.

“But there is a meeting at two and you should be present because the—“

Her voice faded away with every step I took further. I was in no mood to attend any meeting and I couldn’t care less about the consequences.

 

“How come you’re out early today?” Baekhyun asked as soon as I entered the car taking the backseat next to Sehun, “I thought you had a meeting or something.”

“Yeah I’m not attending.”

“Ahjussi will be really angry,” Lay hyung said as he drove off, referring to my father but I just shrugged.

“Hwasoo won’t stop asking about you” Sehun said, “Since you got married she keeps bugging me about seeing you. She’s afraid you won’t see her again.”

I sighed, “It’s not like there’s anything serious between us anyway, and she knows it.”

“It doesn’t seem like she thinks the same” Baekhyun said.

“Right, even Miran is getting sick of Hwasoo’s nagging all the time” Lay hyung agreed, “Every time we hang out all she talks about is you and your wife.”

I hated it when someone called her my wife.

“I made it clear since the beginning, there is nothing serious between us” I cleared, “Besides, it’s not like she doesn’t sleep with other random guys.”

Hwasoo and Miran hang out with the four of us from time to time, we go drinking, clubbing, and have fun around but that’s pretty much all they do in life. They only live for shopping, partying, drinking and .

Miran has her eyes on Lay hyung, she is always trying to seduce him, and Hwasoo on me. Even though she knows that there is no commitment and definitely nothing between us, she still offers to sleep with me quite often and I don’t turn her down.

For someone like me who isn’t willing to commit to any serious relationship it works out great. Besides, I never promised her anything, she knows exactly how it is.

“So you won’t be hanging out with us anymore?” Baekhyun asked with a slightly worried tone.

“Why wouldn’t I?”

“Because you have a wife now” Sehun answered.

“Stop reminding me of her for god’s sake and stop calling her my wife.”

Lay laughed, “She is your wife.”

 “Then how about we go out tonight?” Sehun suggested. I was about to agree when I remembered that I already had plans.

“I have to take her to my parents’ for dinner. You know them, they won’t leave me alone if I don’t show up” I explained and the three of them nodded. They knew my parents well.

“Alright.”

 

***

 

At exactly four fifty-eight I entered the house. I looked around the living room but it was empty, it already annoyed me that she wasn’t ready yet, and I wasn’t willing to wait for her forever but I had to.

Just when I took a seat on the couch though my so called wife appeared in front of me.

“I’m ready” she smiled widely.

She wore a light pink dress, leaving her hair fall over her shoulders. She held a couple of little bags and with the other hand a small bouquet of flowers.

“Okay” I stood up ready to walk ahead when she suddenly held my arm.

“Wait,” she said. Although she was already wearing high-heels, she lifted herself a little so she could reach my collars, and without asking for my permission she fixed my shirt and pressed my hair back.

She surprised me. I blinked for a second; h-how does she act like that? What makes her think she is allowed to?

“Let go” I removed her hand away, “I can fix them by myself.”

“It’s alright I already did,” she winked at me, “You look better now” she gave a thumb-up then before I could take a step away she linked her arm around mine.

“Y-Yah!” I yanked her arm away, “Don’t be too clingy. I’m taking you only to avoid an argument with my parents, but you don’t have to act as if we are a real couple.”

With that said I walked away first and she followed to my car. The ride was silent, and her face was turned to the window the whole time, which was better. Her unstoppable smile annoyed me.

 

“That’s so nice of you dear!” Mom pulled her into a warm embrace and thanked her for the gift she brought her.  She also brought ones for my father and sister.

 “That’s just something simple, mom, but I hope you like it,” She smiled widely like she always does and hugged my mom back.

“You’re not just beautiful from the outside; you’re a sweetheart well-mannered young lady,” my father complimented and hugged her too.

When Sarang smiled at me my sister noticed my straight face so she elbowed me a little too hard, “She’s seriously nice and beautiful, don’t be mean to her.”

“Noona” I complained quietly, “You hurt my ribs!”

“You deserve it” she smacked my head making me frown.

“Stop smacking my head like this!” I half whispered half yelled, and from the corner of my eye I saw Sarang suppressing a laugh.

“I hope things are going well between you and our Chanyeol” my mother said but it sounded more like a question.

Sarang’s  eyes rose to meet mine quickly and her smile that was almost fading reappeared when she looked at mom. “We’re doing fine,” she assured.

“I’m sorry to interrupt but the dinner is ready, Mrs. Park” the maid announced.

“Finally,” I muttered.

 

Sarang sat next to me on the dining table. Her conversation with my family was going well. She was talkative, cheerful, and always smiling. She showed interest in pretty much everything they talked about and she had a lot of thoughts to express. I guess she isn’t too stupid. She knows about things other than shopping and partying.

“Do you want me to add some salad to your plate?” I glared at her when she asked. I clearly told her not to act like we were a good couple.

I answered with a short quiet “No.”

“Then do you want me to add anything to it?”

“No.”

“Yah but you’re not eating well,” she complained.

I pressed my lips into a thin line and spoke with the lowest but firmest voice I could produce, “Stop.”

“Tshh I’m just trying to make sure you eat well.”

“Don’t. I told you before; I don’t need you worrying about me.”

Both our whispers stopped when my father asked “Is there a problem?” We shook our heads.

“Would you mind telling me, Park Chanyeol, why didn’t you attend the meeting today?” He asked.

“I had important things to do.”

“Important things? What is more important than the company? Those losers you call your friends?”

I placed down my chopsticks and looked at him, “Just because they aren’t managing companies

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter