Faded

Sweet Sarang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol tried to take a deep breath before opening the door to the apartment but it just didn’t reach deep enough. Maybe it’s because of the nervousness.

He was convinced that he did nothing wrong but a part of him was scared.

The living room was empty so he continued his way to the bedroom. It was empty too. Chanyeol realized after hearing the sound of water that Sarang was in the bathroom so he sat on bed waiting for her.

Maybe he waited for ten minutes, or maybe just two, but it felt like an hour or so.

“Sarang-ah” he stood up quickly when she appeared.

Her eyes met his as she walked in, drying her face with a small towel and the redness in her eyes was enough for him to know that she had been crying.

“Sarang,” he called her name again, hurrying to her. He held her shoulders but she shrugged his hands off of her, something she had never done before.

He shook his head, “Listen this is all a huge misunderstanding” he said.

“I saw everything, Chanyeol” she spoke with little energy in her voice, “There is no use in lying. I read the text message and I went there and I saw you together with her. Your ex-girlfiend.”

“You went through my phone?” he asked, unable to believe. Sarang wasn’t that type of partner.

Sarang scoffed, “Is that what matters to you?” she puffed a bitter laugh, “I didn’t go through your phone. I saw it by coincidence.”

“No it doesn’t matter Sarang, but I’m not lying believe me I just—“

“Cheated” she completed his sentence. “You lied to me. You cheated on me.”

“No I didn’t! I do admit I went to meet her but I only went there to ask her to leave me alone, I swear.”

“No Chanyeol!” her tone came out loud. “You think I haven’t noticed since when you changed? You think I didn’t know that you were lying when you said you were working late at the company?” she bit her lower lip feeling like tears were welling in her eyes but she refused to cry. “Even though I knew you were lying I still decided to trust you last night but I was wrong.”

“I…” he paused, not knowing what to say.

He did lie to her and he couldn’t deny it.

“You lied to me,” she shrugged helplessly. “I know you didn’t like our marriage since the beginning, and I know very well that she was and probably still is special, I know that Chanyeol but I just thought… I just thought we had a chance, you know?” she choked back her tears. “I just thought our relationship was going somewhere but you proved me wrong.”

“This isn’t true Sarang,” he stepped closer to her. “Listen I loved her back then but now I don’t anymore… Okay I lied to you and I didn’t tell you that she came back but it’s only because I didn’t want to hurt you” he wanted to hold her but she pushed him away weakly.

“Are you even listening to yourself?” she asked, “You lied to me not to hurt me?!”

“I didn’t want you to think I still like her!” he yelled, mainly mad that she wouldn’t let him go near her.

“Well guess what? I believe you still love her!” she shot back, “That’s why you went to meet her behind my back.”

“Why the would I?” he asked frustrated. “You know that I’ve been honest with you about my feelings since we first got married and yes at first I didn’t even like you but now I ing want to be with you!” he yelled, “I want to be with you Sarang!” his loud voice making her flinch.

Sarang’s eyes couldn’t hold the tears back anymore. She wouldn’t usually cry easily but her heart was breaking. How could Chanyeol’s words still affect her that much right after he hurt her?

“I want to be with you, Sarang” his voice cracked as it came out softer after he saw her tears. He took a careful step toward her, scared she’d push him away again.

“I thought we were doing fine” she sniffled.

“We are,” he held her shoulders again hoping this time she won’t push him off. “We are fine I promise you… She came back and tried to contact me but I only met her to tell her that I only want you now, trust me. Why would I lie? If I really loved her I wouldn’t have bothered with you Sarang but I don’t want to be with her. It’s just you now, I promise.”

Sarang wanted to crash into his chest. She wanted him to hold her between his arms tightly but now she couldn’t believe him easily.

“I don’t trust you,” her voice came out almost inaudible.

“What?” he searched for her eyes but she wouldn’t look up at him.

“I’m sorry,” she removed his hands off of her, “I don’t trust you” she walked over to the bed as she wiped her tears leaving him frustrated.

“I will prove you wrong, Sarang” he promised, “I will prove to you that I deserve your trust.”

 

***

 

Yerim heard the story as Sarang was telling Yoonseul about what happened the day before when she went with her and Kyungsoo to that café where Chanyeol was with Hyojung.

“But I thought your marriage has finally worked,” Yoonseul spoke with disappointment, “And he used to treat you good, I’ve seen him with you, he looked happy.”

“I thought so too,” Sarang sighed.

“I can’t believe he would cheat,” Yoonseul said.

“I don’t think he cheated,” Yerim spoke, grabbing their attentions.

The two exchanged look. Yerim is never the type to defend a guy, especially not Chanyeol because she always preferred telling Sarang the truth instead of just some lies to comfort her.

“Why would you think that?” Yoonseul asked.

“Lay told me.”

Sarang caught her breath. She wanted to know more but she also didn’t want to get her hopes so high because, after all, she was the one who saw Chanyeol with Hyojung and she knew he had lied and hid things from her.

“Sarang saw them—“

“Yes but he only went there to tell her to leave them alone,” Yerim interrupted impatiently then turned to Sarang. “You know I wouldn’t try to comfort you, if I thought Chanyeol was cheating on you I’d probably go kick his by myself, but now I think he’s being honest.”

“Well, Lay could be lying” Yoonseul thought, earning a glare from Yerim.

“He doesn’t lie,” she stated firmly.

Yoonseul gave Yerim a ‘what the hell is wrong with you?’ look.

Since when did she trust Lay that much anyway? One day she says there’s nothing serious going on between the two of them, and on another day she’s defending him.

“Guys stop,” Sarang stood up, checking her phone for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter