Beautiful Stranger

Sweet Sarang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sarang put the book she was checking down on the shelf as she searched for her phone inside her purse. It was ringing loudly.

“Yes mom?” she answered.

“Honey, it’s getting dark outside,” her mom said, “When are you getting back home?”

Sarang checked her wristwatch. It was seven forty-five.

Her lips formed a thin line.

“Mom, it’s not even eight yet.”

“I know but I was worried about you so I thought I’d—“

“Mom!” Sarang interrupted. She sighed, realizing that she snapped out loud. “Mom…” she spoke again with a low tone as she walked up to the cashier and placed a couple of books she decided to buy. “I’m telling you this for the hundredth time… I am not a kid anymore.”

“I know that dear, but that doesn’t mean I can’t worry about you.”

Sarang handed her credit card.

“Not when it’s not even eight,” Sarang grumbled.

“But you went out alone.”

“So?!”

“What do you mean ‘So?’?” her mother snapped. “Should I remind you that you fell off the—“

“No mom thanks I do remember,” Sarang tried to keep calm. She knew her mom was worried about her but that was freaking suffocating her.

“Here are your books,” the cashier smiled as he handed Sarang the bag containing them and her credit card.

“Thank you,” she did a small bow before going outside where she could speak more comfortably.

“I won’t fall again, mom,” Sarang assured. “I don’t even know what I was doing in that place and I’m not going there again okay?”

“Alright,” her mother sighed. “So when are you coming back home?”

It was as if talking to her was useless. She would still worry no matter what.

“I don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know? Are you out with someone? Don’t wander the streets alone it’s getting darker—“

“Jesus,” Sarang grumbled almost incoherently. She was tired of repeating. “Listen, mom, I’ll call you later okay? Love you, bye.”

Sarang hang up not waiting for an answer. She was sick of everything and her mom was only making it harder for her.

She was sick of staying home or having to get back early or having her mom call every half an hour to make sure Sarang was okay. It was tiring.

And the worst part was that Sarang felt lifeless.

Her friends were all busy studying since it was spring semester already whereas she hadn’t even registered for that semester because she was in no shape to attend or study.

Her head and body injuries made it pretty hard to keep up with school so her mother decided for her that she would register for the following semester when her health improves.

 

Sarang was struggling to move her hair off her face as the wind outside blew it over, but it was okay because the wind wasn’t that cold, it was fresh.

Her phone started ringing again.

This time Sarang lost her patience.

“Mom,” Sarang answered and spoke directly, “How many times do I have to tell you that I am not a kid anymore? Stop calling to ask me to go back home, I hate staying home all day! And I know you don’t like it when I go out alone because apparently you think I’m not suited to take care of my own self even though the doctors have assured you a million times that my brain is ing stable but you insist on treating me like I’m crazy! But guess what? My friends aren’t free to bodyguard me around. They have classes to attend and exams to study for because they have lives! So just stop, okay? Please just let me go out by myself peacefully. You can’t just lock me up at home I’d rather I have died in that stupid accident!”

The other side of call kept silent for a moment.

“Uh… it’s me, Chanyeol.”

A small gasp escaped Sarang’s mouth as her eyes widened in shock.

“Oh my god,” she breathed inaudibly, “I’m s-sorry,” she apologized, suddenly feeling so embarrassed.

Chanyeol paused for a moment before he spoke again.

“You just said you don’t want to go home,” he started, “And I don’t want to go home either so how about that?” he asked, “Want to go somewhere together?”

“Yes!” Sarang agreed quickly.

Her eyes lit up since she finally found a companion to hang out with because she was dead bored and all her friends were busy.

Chanyeol laughed lightly at her excitement. He loved the fact that she didn’t try to hide it. She was so real.

 

~

 

Chanyeol scanned the sidewalk as he slowed down looking for Sarang. He suggested he’d pick her up so she told him she was by the bookstore.

There were many people on the street but of course she stood out to him. The streetlights shine over her.

She wore ripped skinny jeans parted with a light blue shirt. It was simple but she made it look gorgeous.

A smile formed on Chanyeol’s face as he parked aside and she waved at him with a wide smile.

His heartbeats went faster as she approached then got in bringing her beautiful scent with her.

“Hey,” she smiled, “I’m sorry about the phone call earlier,” she cringed, “I was a little pissed.”

“I figured,” Chanyeol scratched his brow, “But it’s okay, don’t worry about that.”

“Hmm,” she nodded approvingly, “So where are we going?” she anticipated.

“Anywhere you want.”

Sarang thought for a moment.

“I’m starving,” she admitted, “Can we go to that street filled with all kinds of street food?” she asked with puppy eyes, “I haven’t left home in so long and I miss that food.”

Chanyeol fought the urge to kiss her. She didn’t need to look at him so cutely to make him agree. If she’d only known he’d die for her without her even asking.

“Anywhere you want, princess,” he winked.

Chanyeol then realized what had naturally slipped out of his mouth. He cleared his throat awkwardly as he started the car and drove off but he didn’t explain himself. He called her princess and he wasn’t going to apologize for that.

Something inside Sarang’s chest flipped. She found herself catching her breath as she looked at him with the corner of her eye and the realization of how handsome he is had finally hit her.

Woah, she thought. He was really handsome.

“You’re distracting me,” Chanyeol said without getting his eyes off the road ahead of him. “If you keep looking at me like that it’d be dangerous.”

Sarang immediately looked ahead.

“Tshh I’m not looking at you,” she defended yet she found herself glancing at him again and that’s when he glanced back at her and it gave her a mini-heart-attack.

“Try telling me that again,” he laughed.

“Yah!” she elbowed his arm, “Those are my eyes I look wherever I want.”

“Alright, alright,” he laughed.

 

 

Sarang and Chanyeol walked together down the street that was filled with stalls containing different types of food. The smell itself was mouthwatering.

Nostalgia hit Chanyeol hard. He remembered their first date which was the result of a Truth or Dare game.

Back then she insisted they went here and now that he thought about that day it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter