See You Again

Sweet Sarang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was around eleven thirty in the morning. The sun was burning outside but Chanyeol kept all his curtains closed so it didn’t affect him.

He opened his eyes heavily. Just like every morning for the past two months, he had no motivation to get up and go on with his day, yet just like every morning, he got up.

Usually he’d wake up earlier. He’d take a shower, drink coffee, and then drive to work where he’d spend almost the whole day there, busying himself with work.

Later, he’d go out to a bar and have a couple of drinks, sometimes with friends and sometimes alone.

When it got hard, he’d even get drunk.

It worried his family and friends because it seemed like he got back to the time he was always sad and bitter, but this time, at least, he didn’t do fights or girls.

He was always alone. Quiet.

He had nothing to say. He just suffered silently.

Those were his weekdays, but it was harder on weekends. He had nothing to do all day. Absolutely nothing to do.

Chanyeol yawned as he prepared his coffee. He took it and went out to the terrace where the mid-spring’s sun was shining and flowers had blossomed. He could see them up from his place as they were perfectly aligned along the pathway that led to the building’s entrance.

The same thought came to his mind like it always did.

Sarang.

Kim Sarang, a girl he had met late summer of last year, just before autumn.

She was his enemy.

No, she was his lover.

She was someone he hated at first but she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She was positive and strong. She was energetic and cheerful. She was sugar and flowers and all the greatest things in life.

She was like a soft summer breeze.

She was beautiful.

She was love.

Kim Sarang, his wife.

It’s not like a day had ever passed without her taking over his mind. She was always in his thoughts, always in his memories and how he wished he was still in hers.

Chanyeol had tried getting her back but it was impossible.

He wasn’t allowed near her hospital room, and when she was taken home, of course he wasn’t allowed to enter it.

And he would have stalked her even if he shouldn’t have he was willing to. He just wanted to see her again, even if she didn’t remember him, he wanted to see her, he wanted her to remember him.

But he never saw her, not even miles away.

Her friends couldn’t tell him much about her because they wanted to avoid problems with Sarang’s mother who had strictly and continuously warned them not to tell Chanyeol anything about Sarang.

It was Yerim, however, who said something.

“I’m so sorry, Chanyeol. If I told you where she’s staying her mother would probably freak out and she’ll take her somewhere else. I just don’t want Sarang to be stressed you know? All I can say is she’s not staying home now so there’s no point of going there every day. And… Uh, I’m sorry but she really doesn’t remember you. Not at all.”

Chanyeol’s phone burst out loudly, indicating an incoming phone call. His thoughts were interrupted.

“Morning,” Chanyeol answered the phone, his voice hoarse.

“Tsk, it’s almost noon,” Baekhyun noted, “Let’s go out today,” he said, “I’m bored and I wanna have lunch somewhere decent.”

Chanyeol sighed.

“Well I have nothing better to do,” he shrugged.

“Cool then, I’ll see you a little later,” he practically heard Baekhyun’s grin through his voice.

“Alright.”

~

“Ahhh I’m finally free again!” Sarang couldn’t control the smile that had been plastered on her face since she finally left the house. “No broken bones gonna stop me from going out now,” she sighed in relief.

Kyungsoo laughed, “I’m glad you’ve recovered completely, too.”

The two were hanging out in the mall and they were going to watch a movie next.

“Mom has been suffocating me, you know,” she complained. “Rest, rest, rest. Urgh I can’t stand this word anymore!”

“She just wanted your broken bones to mend as quickly as possible.”

“I know and I’m grateful,” she smiled. “It’s just that I don’t understand why we had to stay at my aunt’s place and you know she never allowed me to go out. We get it, I fell down and hurt myself but I’m a grown up. She can’t just lock me up.”

Kyungsoo nodded, he understood Sarang’s frustration. For someone who was so energetic and cheerful, staying home for two months was the hardest thing she ever had to do.

He had missed her too since her mom was super cautious when it came to Sarang. She kept an eye on her phone; although she gave her a new phone and a new number, she was still worried Chanyeol would call.

He knew all that guard was because of Chanyeol. She just didn’t want Sarang to see him or to ever remember him.

And regarding going out, she only let her go to near places, barely, and never alone.

“I’m already twenty-two,” Sarang sighed, “Until when is she going to insist I don’t go out by myself? This is ridiculous. But now that I have fully recovered I won’t follow that rule anymore.”

“Yah,” Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at her, “Are you complaining that you’re out with me?”

“Eyy, you know that’s not true!” Sarang slapped his arm jokingly, “How could you think that?”

Kyungsoo frowned, or at least he faked it. He stopped walking and crossed his arms over his chest.

“You don’t like going out with me,” he mumbled, making Sarang laugh.

She held his squishy cheeks and laughed.

“You know I love you,” she pinched his cheeks.

They had been good friends for so long already. She loved him a lot. He was like a brother she never had.

Kyungsoo surrendered to laughter. He was going to say something but stopped. His smile slowly faded as he looked past Sarang’s shoulder.

“What is it?” Sarang asked as she turned her head and glanced behind.

There were two guys standing there looking at her and Kyungsoo. One of them she had never seen before, he looked short in comparison to the other one.

The other one, he seemed strangely familiar but she wasn’t sure who he was.

She looked at Kyungsoo then at them again. They were all silent. The shorter guy looked worried while the taller just looked at her. It was difficult to read his face.

Chanyeol was shocked. It didn’t even occur to him that he might run into Sarang. He had hoped so many times that he’d see her but he never did until he lost hope.

His feet froze. His heartbeats went faster than light.

She was actually there standing right in front of him looking right into his eyes.

How could it be that she looked even prettier than she used to just when he thought she couldn’t get any more pretty?

She w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter