A Real-Life Handsome Husband

Sweet Sarang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He looked down at me with his big eyes; his hands held mine as he spoke but on his face there was no expression. His voice was low and deep, but loud enough for everyone to hear his words.

“In the name of God, I, Park Chanyeol, take you, Kim Sarang, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death. This is my solemn vow.”

As he leaned in closer and closer I anticipated with a racing heart to feel his plump lips on mine, and until this moment I never thought I’d feel such an internal rush for a stranger.

The room was suddenly quiet, I looked around and it was completely empty but soon Chanyeol’s deep voice broke the silence.

“Let’s be clear” he said, “I am not interested in you, I’ve been forced into this marriage so don’t expect anything from me.”

He turned around and walked away, not waiting for my answer. With every step he took further the pain in my heart increased and the noises became louder and louder.

 

“What on earth…” I murmured. I was starting to feel dizzy and the noise wouldn’t go away, I flipped and turned my body a couple of times before my eyes finally fluttered opened. My brain was blank for a few seconds then I gasped! “Oh my god this was a nightmare?!” I breathed in relief.

But the noise was still there… The source of that noise? I grabbed it from underneath my pillow and slid my finger along the green phone icon.

“Yoonseul-ah” I managed to answer with my tired voice and she immediately laughed.

“Hmm someone sounds tired from last night” she sounded excited but I had no idea what was she talking about. “Tell me everything right now!” she demanded, “How was it?!”

I yawned and thought for a second. “What was what? My sleep?” I asked, “I had the worst nightmare ever gosh I was getting married to this mean guy and he kissed me but then he said strange things and—“

“Yah Kim Sarang…” she paused for a moment, “Yah are you stupid or what? That wasn’t a dream!” she yelled.

I laughed, “Of course it wasn’t… it was a nightmare!”

“Yah your wedding was last night are you seriously… Oh god” she breathed and I could imagine her rolling her eyes, “okay let me guess” she said, “the man in your dream, his name is Park Chanyeol, isn’t it?”

My heart skipped a beat and I felt my eyes widen three times more than usual. How did she know?!! Could it be…? I rubbed my eyes and hesitantly took a look around myself. A loud gasp escaped my mouth when I realized it. This place isn’t my room.

“You-“ Yoonseul spoke again, “-are married to one hell of a handsome man Sarang-ah, or should I say Mrs. Park?” she laughed.

“Oh god…” I lifted the blanket quickly and checked my own body. Thank you lord I wasn't , not even close but somewhere near the closet a beautiful wedding dress was lying on the floor. I gulped as the reality was sinking in and I realized my throat was too sore.

Gosh was I even sober last night?

I disconnected the phone call and jumped out of bed. I needed to drink water because my throat was about to crack, and my head hurt like hell probably from drinking last night. Oh god why did I even drink that much?

To reach the kitchen I had to pass by the living room, and when I did I stopped and squat right in front of the couch where Chanyeol was sleeping messily, still wearing his dress shirt and pants from last night and that’s when memories started coming back.

//FLASHBACK//

When he unlocked the door, he went in first, not even looking back, like he couldn’t care less if I entered or stayed outside. However, I walked in too and followed him straight to the living room not caring about how uncomfortable my overly expensive wedding dress was.

He loosened his tie tiredly. A loud noise echoed in the silence when he threw the keys on the glass table before letting out a long sigh as he lied down on the couch and started tapping on his phone’s screen.

“Hey.” I smiled.

His eyes rose from his phone’s screen to look at me, scanning me from head to toe and again he had no expression on his face.

I decided to sit on the couch facing his. “My name is Sarang, I am twenty one and I’m a student at Seoul’s University.”

The silence was still there, and his eyes went back to his phone. “Uhm… I heard you’re twenty three” I said, “You work at your father’s company, right?”

He put his phone down and looked at me. “That’s what matters to you huh? I’m the rich heir.”

“Eyy what are you talking about?” I complained jokingly. “I’m just trying to start a conversation.”

“Well don’t.” he said flatly.

“But I think we should get to know each other” I smiled to which he scoffed.

“I like how we are now. We’re nothing and I don’t want for that to change.”

“But since we’re married now we should at least—“

He clicked his tongue interrupting me as he stood up. He pushed his black hair back before speaking, “Let’s be clear. I am not interested in you, I was forced into this marriage and I don’t approve it.”

“I know,” I said quickly as I stood up too, “I know, I mean I was forced into it too, but I thought we could at least get to know each other?”

“I don’t want to get to know you,” he said coldly before he turned around and walked away.

//End of flashback//

 

“Aishh this boy… Now I remember it all, that's why I drank too much...” I whispered to myself, fighting the urge to fix his messy hair.

I felt like a thief as I observed him since it was the only chance I got to steal a good look at him without having his scary eyes shooting fires on me and with a secret smile I admitted that even when he’s asleep he is handsome. Woah a real-life handsome husband.

For once he looked peaceful. I liked his big eyes and fluffy lips, and the way his dark hair got a little messed up. He looked cute.

“Tshh you really look so peaceful” I smiled, “I don’t blame you for last night, it’s normal that you feel this way because marrying a stranger isn’t easy, but don’t be too mean okay? Things will work out.” I winked at him even though I knew he was completely asleep.

Feeling like my throat was seriously cracking, I went ahead to drink water paying extra attention not to make noises and wake him up.

I was leaving the kitchen with the glass of water in my hand when I accidentally bumped into the kitchen’s doorframe dropping the glass from my hand.

 It shattered very loudly as it hit the ground.

“Oh my God!” I gasped. From the corner of my eye I saw Chanyeol stirring and my eyes grew wider with horror. I hesitated for a moment not knowing what to do before I tiptoed quickly toward the bedroom hoping I could disappear before he wakes up.

“What was all that?” I froze in my place and gulped hearing his low husky voice behind me.

I turned around slowly to look at him, as he rubbed his forehead he had a look on his face like he was ready to kill me, and let me tell you s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter