Chp 14 : The Smol Cub and The Penguin

The Rebel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14
“I was thinking about something. Something magical.”

 

Chaeyoung POV

“Oh another couple.” Mina unnie sigh with a smile on her face.

“Go go. Finish your business too.” She shoo-ing that dahmo couple and drag my hands away from them.

“Couples everywhereeeeee….” Boss sigh while rolling her eyes. I can only giggle to that pretty girl beside me. Actually I feel a little bit guilty, since I have no courage to make us an official couple yet.

3 days is too fast isn’t it ?

Oh wait, I haven’t told you guys.

I know you guys are getting curious. Right right right ? Hahahahaha

Well okay then, I’ll tell you a story about how a smol cub finally found her half to cure your curiosity.  And please don’t hope it would be another lion or even a cat, since it is actually a bird.

 

 

Flashback

It is all started when the smol cub finally have enough courage to visit her love at the hospital. I mean “love”.

I suddenly receive a call from my hyung, she asked me why I haven’t visited the hospital yet. Nayeon unnie was awake yesterday, my boss even already told me to visit her, but I don’t know, my heart still not ready to see her.

BUT, I finally have to visit them since my mom ask me to bring some clothes for nayeon unnie. I can’t deny her, so here I am, sitting beside my sister in law’s ward, alone, only the two of us, since naeyon unnie told her wife to buy some dinner.

“Now…” I talk to break the silence.

“Now ?” she ask me while smiling. I used to her smile now, no more heart beating rapidly, no more blushing.

“How are you ?” I ask her.

“I’m fine. A little bit hurts here and there, but doctor said I will be fully recovered soon. Thanks for asking.” She said then she smile again. She is smiling like she is looking at her long lost child.

“Stop looking at me like that. I know you missed me mom.” I stick my tounge out.

“How can you not immediately come and visit me when I’m awake ?” she is pouting.

“Mina was sick. So I need to bring her to hospital.” I said.

“Oh I don’t know that. How is she now ?” she asked me.

“Fine ? She was drinking too much, and hurts her stomach. That’s all.” I shrug my shoulder.

“Ah I see. That silly boss. Luckily she has you.” She said then suddenly my body freeze.

“Chaeng ?” she shake my hand.

“Eh eh hm ?” I flustered, and back paying attention to her.

“Why you froze ?” she ask me confusedly.

“Nothing.” I said tried to cover my lies.

“You know you can’t lie to me.” She stare at me seriously.

“Let’s not talk about it can we ?” I try to avoid her question, or should I said her interrogation.

“About what ? So you are thinking about something.” She always get me. ALWAYS.

“Okay well you actually frozen when I talked about mina.” She said and I keep silent.

“So I was right.” She said then she thinks again.

“You know what ?” she speak again then I looked at her again.

“I want to tell you something but don’t tell mina tha…” she was talking but then I quickly cut her words.

“that mina likes me ?” I ask her and she is now gasping.

“How-how- how do you know ?” she is seriously shocked.

“When she was drunk, she said it without realizing it.” I sigh, and suddenly I feel her hand start patting me.

“I told you to move on from me a long time ago, and I guess you have now. But the thing is chaeng…” she paused for a moment.

“You still haven’t want to open your heart again.” She said. I didn’t answer since I have no idea what to say.

“Give me a respond kid.” She shake my body.

“Okay okay, I’ll try.” I sigh.

“Good that’s my smol cub.” She smile followed by my smile.

“Thanks my lovely sister in law !”

 

The next day – still flashback

“Okay then I’ll try. I’ll try. I . will . try !” I said that the last time in my mind before walking out from the toilet.

“Done ?” mina unnie asked me while I wash my hands.

“Hmm.. unnie” I call her after I finish drying my hands.

“What’s up ?” she ask me.

“Said it chaeng said it !” I scold myself right now.

“Hmmm.. I was thinking..” I said slowly. Slowly but sure right ?

“Thinking about ?” she asked me confusedly.

“About… how if… we just go to the street food market… instead visiting nayeon unnie ?” I ask her slowly since i feeI very very very nervous as hell.

“Why ? But I like that plan.” She quickly agrees.

“Oh !” I’m shocked. “Good then.” I said then I smile without realizing it.

“Oh by the way, nayeon unnie is fine now. You don’t need to worry, your one of the most precious employee will be back soon.” I said then we walk to her car. The drive is not that long. The street market placed not far from our office. After 15 minutes finally we arrive and start wandering around the market.

 

“Here.” I hand her a fish cake.

“Thanks.” She said, then I also handed her a ketchup.

“Oh, you bring ketchup ?” she said confusedly.

“Yup, you are a ketchup freak, so I bring some for you.” I smile my widest then I took a bite of my own fish cake.

“Oh wait.” I took her fish cake and blew it for sometimes to cool it down.

“You almost burn your tongue ketchup girl.” I wink and give back her fish cake.

“Thanks again.” She said and I can see her blushing.

 

“You thirsty ?” I ask her after she finished her fish cake.

“Nope, let’s eat more.” She said than she hug my arm then we walk again while having some small talk, we giggle a little sometimes. Bit by bit I starting to find her smile is actually sweeter than nayeon unnie’s.

“Ttokbokki ?” I said when I see a ttokbokki shop nearby.

“I’m in !” she said excitedly.

“Should we buy 2 portion or..” I was trying to be polite to ask my boss opinion but she suddenly said somethin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter