Nine.

She's Eccentric, But I Like It

IX She's Eccentric, But I Like It

 

7:30 am. Moonbyul rolled and shifted on her bed, groaning and stretching in between. A low vibration was heard just then and she reached for her phone, a caller's ID plastered on the screen. Still half asleep, she wasn't planning on answering the call, it was still early, but then her eyes caught sight of the name, and she was more than happy to answer.

"Grandma!" she yelled excitedly, soon regretting when she saw a figure still laying on bed, Solar was still asleep? "Grandma..." more softly this time.

[Aigoo, my dear sorry for calling you so early in the morning.]

"It's ok, I'm glad you called. I miss you already grandma~" Moobyul whined as she carefully gets up the bed, hoping not to wake Solar up.

[You have your classes today right?]

She let out a yawn, and stretched her limbs. "Yup, an hour from now, why?" she looked at Solar, confusion unknowingly swarming her mind. It was unusual, Solar would everytime wake up earlier than she is then start her weird daily routine, like being the complete opposite of how she acts infront of everyone else. 

But now's different. And it felt weird.

[I just want to visit my granddaughter, when will you be free?]

"I'll be free by noon, you're coming here?"

[Yes, I wanna see how you're doing, and I wanna meet this Solar]

Moonbyul had her eyes wide. "Excuse me?"

[What?]

"How'd you know her name?" Moonbyul walked towards the door, opening it carefully and headed down stairs. 

[How can I not? The least thing I could do is to know your roommate's name. And I heard from Mrs. Lee that you two get along so well.]

"Y-Yeah, pretty much..." she cleared and went to the kitchen. Grabbing a glass of water.

A chuckle was heard on the other line, a happy and husky chuckle. Mixed with joy and age through the years. 

[Byul-yi, I know you so well... Do you really think that I couldn't tell? I raised you for so many years, I know you like the palm of my hand my granddaughter.]

A smile was traced unto Moonbyul's lips, hearing such words from her grandmother feels soothing everytime. "That's why you're my favourite, grandma."

[I know. I'll hang up now so that you can prepare, see you later Byul-yi]

"You too grandma, love you" hearing her grandma say the same thing back, Moonbyul closed her phone, drinking from her glass till the last drop. Now it's time to do something else. It's been so many minutes already and yet Solar still hasn't come out of their room. What's wrong with her?

She placed her glass down and ran upstairs, combing her hair with her hands in th process. She opened the door and the first thing her eyes landed on was how Solar was still and unmoved from her position ever since her talk with her grandma, the only difference now is that she has a blanket over her.

"Is she sick?" slowly, she approached Solar, gently pressing her hands to the soft mattresses as she supports herself while she hover over the petite body, checking on her.

And boy was she right. She didn't notice earlier since her back was turned but Solar is sweating so much, her eyebrows furrowed and she was breathing in an unmatched pace.

In act of concern, Moonbyul immediately touched Solar on her forehead. 

"Ah, hot!"

Her hands flinched for a second, feeling how warm Solar is. 

"Yongsun-ah..." Moonbyul gently patted Solar by the shoulder which in response fluttered her eyes open that directly searched for whoever called her.

Once Solar's eyes settled into Moonbyul's own pair, a smile was formed on her lips. "Byulie ah... I'm sick~"

Cute.

Solar's mellow voice quickly invaded her ear drums, why does she have to be so adorably adorable? 

"Yeah, I can see that." the smiling Solar then furrowed her eyebrows again, curling and draping her blanket up to her neck.

"It's so cold."

"How in the world did you get sick?"

"I dunno."

Unconsciously, Moonbyul has been talking to Solar in such tone, so tender and soft. Enough to make Solar go to slumber. And as if her hands has a mind of their own, without her fully knowing, she has been caressing Solar's hair until the girl is back to her sleep.

Realizing what she's been doing, Moonbyul stood straight and went straight to the bathroom to get a basin and a towel. 

She was blushing crazy, cheeks and ears red. Solar had always been attractive in Moonbyul's eyes, ever since their very first meeting. She has always been attracted to the older girl, yet at the same time, not. 

 

•••••

 

Moonbyul has replaced Solar's towel for the nth time already, leaving her alone was an option but she didn't have the heart to do so.

"Aren't you going to school?" Solar croaked, dry. Noticing this, Moonbyul handed her another glass of water, supporting her in any case.

"I'm late anyways so what's the point?" Moonbyul laid beside Solar's, suddenly she felt comfortable.

Turning, Solar gripped her blankets tight, facing Moonbyul and trying not to drop the towel on her forehead. "If I were there, I'd give you a demerit."

"For being late? Wow Yongsun, didn't know you can be like that, seriously." 

"I am the Student Council President, what do you expect?"

Moonbyul scoffed, earning her a mild glare from Solar due to her weak state. "President...?" it didn't affect her in anyway, a sick Solar is a cute Solar. "...yeah sure, whatever."

Moonbyul yelped when Solar pinched her, not letting go of the stretched skin. She hissed as she remove Solar's two fingers that were clamped to her skin, eyes wide in panic.

"Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. What is wrong with you, woman?!" she rubbed the sore part and flicked her eyes straight to Solar's, who has now an evident smile in her face.

"Sorry, I got bored..." her mochi cheeks showing fully as she smiles.

Moonbyul shook her head and laid her back straight to the soft mattresses, waiting for Solar to go back to sleep since she knows any moment from now that it is very likely to happen, especially after seeing how her breathing starts getting slower and calmer.

Before Solar could get to her slumber, Moonbyul had to say something. 

"My grandma's visiting later..."

"Really...?" it was slow, it was obvious that she was getting sleepy.

Moonbyul hummed in response, taking short glances at Solar's and seeing her whose eyes are already closed.

"She wants to meet you Yongsun..." she didn't get a reply in return instead a snore was heard. She was already asleep, Moonbyul decided to move away and go to her own bed when, she felt a light force coming from the hem of her clothing.

Solar was clutching on it, her grip not so tight but not too loose either. So then, Moonbyul decided to stay, might as well sleep with her.

 

•••••

 

It was a few hour ride to dreamland, Byul was fast asleep the second she closed her eyes, she wonders why. Being the light sleeper she is, she woke up when she felt movements coming from beside her.

As she opened her eyes, Solar was getting of the bed, rubbing her eyes in such manner that Moonbyul can't take her stare off.

She watched as Solar makes her way to the bathroom, making slow and steady steps. She checked her phone and it was already 11:45, maybe a few more minutes or an hour and her grandmother would be here.

Moonbyul stood up and picked up the basin fikked with once cikd water and the towel that Solar simply placed in the bedside table. She walked downstairs towards the kitchen to change the water, making it ice cold once again.

With the last ice being dropped down, Moonbyul closed the fridge and carried the basin back to their room. As she was about to get in, Solar was about to do otherwise.

"Moonbyul-ah!" 

"What do you think you're doing? Where are you going?" 

"I'm hungry, I want to eat something." though her voice was far from her usual energetic one, Moonbyul can still hear happiness nevertheless.

"Get back in, I'll cook for you and give you medicine. Sick people shouldn't be roaming around, so get in squirtle." Moonbyul commanded like a parent, with her finger pointing inside the room.

Solar on the other hand had her brows creased by the nickname. "Squirtle?"

Moonbyul flashed a smile before answering. "You look so round and cute today, squirtle fits you best."

Before Solar could retort back, Moonbyul turned her around. Moonbyul's hand pressed against her back as she leads her back to bed, the towel and basin safe on the other.

"Behave and stay here."

"Ok Darling~" Moonbyul almost dropped the basin, her words getting caught up .

"D-Darling?"

Solar let out a soft giggle, sliding herself to bed. "The way you take care of me right now looks very husband like, or should I say, wife like."

Moonbyul placed the basin down and the cool towel unto Solar's forehead. "J-Just..."

She didn't finish what she was about to say as she turned a heel and left in a swift, before she could be fully out of the room, Solar called.

"Moonbyulie~",

"Hm?"

 

 

 

"I'm excited to meet your grandmother."

 

 

 

A smile carved Moonbyul's lips. "She is too..."

 

•••••

 

A few minutes later, a knock was heard. Moonbyul hurriedly dried her hands and ran towards the door, greeted her grandmother with a kiss and a hug.

"You're here, perfect timing, I'm cooking."

With a smile, grandma Moon made her way with Byul bck to the kitchen. If there was anything else, it was that her granddaughter is doing so well on her own.

"So Byul, where is this Solar?"

"W-Well, she's...

The silver haired girl wasn't able to continue when a voice rang from behind. 

"I'm here..." dressed in another set of clothing, Solar approached the both of them, a wide grin as she walked closer. "Hello Mrs. Moon, I'm Kim Solar and it's very nice to meet you."

Mrs.Moon happily hugged Solar in return, feeling the unusual warmth that came from the girl, she gently released from the hug and eyed Solar. 

"Dear, are you sick?"

Solar gave a guilty and shy smile before looking at Moonbyul who has been staring at her ever since she greeted them.

"That's what I was about to tell you grandma, Yongsun isn't feeling well."

"Yongsun?"

"It's her real name."

Mrs. Moon nodded in understanding and turned her attention back to Solar, who has now a bead of sweat about to trickle down.

"You didn't have to come down just to meet me if you weren't feeling well, Yongsun dear. Can I call you that too?"

Solar nodded with joy, having Moonbyul's grandmother feels nice, as if she's been accepted to something special.

"Anyway, you should rest. I can just visit again next time when you're well."

"Ah, no, it's ok Mrs. Moon, you don't have to. I'm perfectly fine."

"Are you sure? I felt your temperature, you're burning..." worry evident in Mrs. Moon's voice, Moonbyul, too looked over from cooking to check on Solar.

"Yes, I'm fine, no need to worry about me Mrs. Moon"

Meeting Solar for the first time, Mrs. Moon concluded that Solar is just like Moonbyul. The stubborness and kindness were mixed and seen honestly from both their eyes.

"Ok, beautiful women, the food's done. Let's eat!" Moonbyul signalled, holding the plates and taking them to the dining table.

"Aigoo, Byul-Yi ah..."

Solar giggled as she followed suit, sitting just beside Moonbyul.

Noticing how comfortable Solar is at her granddaughter's presence, Mrs. Moon looked at the two with beaming eyes. How Moonbyul helps Solar with her serving without cue, her granddaughter has always been and forever will be gentle.

"You, grandma, what do you like? Sorry if I can only nake this much, we haven't gone to get groceries yet."

"That's fine dear, you're still a good cook no matter the dish anyway." Moonbyul laughed at the statement while Solar looked at her as if lost in daze.

"Yah, why are you zoning out? Eat so that you can take your medicine later." 

On cue, Solar held her spoon and fork and started eating, Mrs. Moon can only chuckle at the sight. 

The meal was filled with stories, questions and laughters, mostly coming from Mrs. Moon and Solar. Moonbyul felt a sudden comfort and assurance, a certain feeling seeing how her grandmother and Solar get along with each other.

"I just came here for a visit, I think I must go now, I have some business to attend to." Mrs. Moon interrupted, checking her watch while wiping her lips.

"Is that so? I'll send you out..." Moonbyul stood up and followed her grandmother, but not after patting Solar by the shoulder, telling her to stay and wait.

Nearing the door, Mrs. Moon turned around and looked at Byul, giving her a look.

"What?" Moonbyul asked, confused as if why her grandma stopped. 

"I like Yongsun, she's a nice child."

"I know... She can be weird sometimes if so you'd know, but she's harmless." Moonbyul let out a hearty laugh.

"That's all, I just want you to know that I like Yongsun with difference from your friends." Mrs. Moon raised both her eyebrows, as if hinting to something.

"O-Ok?"

"Do you like her?"

"Y-Yah!" Moonbyul hissed, and Mrs. Moon laughed out loud before kissing her granddaughter on the cheek and bidding her goodbye.

Moonbyul let out a sigh and went back in. With her relief, Solar was still there and bot walking around the house like a lost child. "Hey..."

"Hey~" Solar sing song.

"Are you done? You should take some meds and get some rest." one by one, Moonbyul picked up the used plates, taking them to the sink to be washed.

"Ok~"

Moonbyul went back with a glass of water, a pill in hand and giving them to Solar who took them in a gulp.

"I'm just going to wash the dishes, might as well get up the room and rest." Solar responded with a hum, while Moonbyul went back to the kitchen.

After the work, she was about ton run up the stairs when her eyes took a glance at a certain figure huddled on the sofa by the living room.

"Solar?"

Approaching closer, Moonbyul had taken a good look. With light snores and calm breathing, Solar was fast asleep. 

Moonbyul stared for a moment at the beauty in front of her, the closed eyes covered with long beautiful lashes, lips full and inviting, and cheeks tinted pink, she was the epitome of perfection to be honest.

Snapping from her daze, Moonbyul scooped the small body into her arms and carried her to their room. She was light as feather, lije she was meant to be carried like how she is now. 

Moonbyul laid her slowly on the bed, covering her with the blanket and turning the room's temperature into something just right. She had nothing else to do, so instead she steadily slipped herself beside Solar, hoping not to wake her up. 

It doesn't happen oh so often, but this day seems as if Solar is someone perfect to look at and take care of, enough to get all throughout the day. 

Of all the better things to do, Moonbyul didn't know why, but this is the best option.

 

•••••

 

Tada! Another chapter! I'm so sorry that it took a long time, there's so much happening lately, I'm just happy that I finally get to update.

More fluff here ft. Grandma Moon~