Sixteen.

She's Eccentric, But I Like It

"You've got to be kidding me..." 

 

Byul stood like a statue in front of her father's well built frame. There he was, standing like the confident man he is, eyes sharp, and his crooked smile that Byul thought no other than a curse by the devil. 

 

"Hello to you, too, my daughter." 

 

Byul was just about to leave the penthouse as Solar went to school first, only to see her father on her door step the moment she opened the door. Of all things that Byul could think of at that moment, it was that ㅡ he didn't want him there.

 

"What are you doing here?" her words were like venom, and there was barely  a hint of respect that can be noted from her tone. 

 

"I see that your little 'girlfriend' left already." mischief can be heard from his voice as he pointed out the obvious.

 

"What do you want?" 

 

Junhyung's mocking gaze turned serious as he spoke, "Leave that girl. Stay away from her, she will do you no good."

 

"What?" Byul became even more furious than she already was a few seconds ago, "Did you come all the way here just to tell me that? I'm not going to leave her, you should've known that by now!" she seethed every word that left . How dare he?

 

Byul's father went back to his previous expression, as if challenging her. "You know of what I'm capable of doing, Byul..."

 

"What..." she could only stare at him with confusion and disbelief.

 

Before Byul could continue to say more, Junhyun threw an brown envelope at her, in which she caught just in time. Her gaze went stray before shooting his father a glare ㅡ something he didn't like.

 

"I don't like that look. Show me some resepect." his voice was low and to Byul, it was threatening.

 

"What is this?" she pointed to the envelope.

 

"Why don't you see for yourself."

 

Slowly, she opened it. Her body frozed just by seeing the top part of its content. 

 

It was a picture of Yongsun. It was followed by her name and all necessary information regarding her life; may it be of her past and of her present. 

 

"What do you plan to do with this..." Byul's fingers trembled as she ran her eyes through all the information she's seeing. Though, she's not particularly sure on why it was making her nervous, but she is. This is her father, and she knows that there's always something behind his actions.

 

"It looked like your little girlfriend suffered from a case of personality disorder before." 

 

Byul could not believe what she just heard. She looked at her father with incredulity and rage. 

 

"What are you saying, what kind of bull is that?!" 

 

"Read it, you'll know what I'm talking about."

 

She debated with herself. She didn't want to believe it, but she's holding the evidence. 

 

With a heavy heart, she flip from one page to another, and there she saw Yongsun's diagnostics ㅡ dated way back years ago. 

 

When they both first met.

 

Byul read all through every detail, every test results and analysis. It explained every reason on why she was at the same hospital she was in. She was a smart child ㅡ very smart that it exceeded her supposedly ability that a child her age was limited to do. 

 

If there was anything else that she could say at that moment, it was that she was proud. Her girlfriend was that cute and smart little ball of sunshine. 

 

But what she read next was a complete opposition from the previous one.

 

Name: Kim Yongsun
Case: Mild psychological disorder/Dissociation ㅡ Dissociative Identity Disorder/Borderline Personality Disorder

 

That explains some of Yongsun's behavior. But none of those were any harm, instead, Byul found them all endearing. Yet, what made her worry even more is as of to why her father would hold such sensitive information and why would he go this far.

 

"What are you planning to do?!" 

 

Her father only laughed at her. His voice deep and almost scary ㅡ it sounded like he was out of his mind. 

 

"Did you know that her father is dead? Poor child, isn't she? No wonder she became like that. She had no father figure to discipline her." He looked at Byul intently, and she backed away immediately as if it was instinct to do so. "Unlike you, you have me, Byul."

 

"You're out of your mind..."

 

"Am I? The of a doctor did say that her father's death was the reason of her insanity, it's not hard to make her life miserable now is it? Well, she's cured now, but that doesn't mean it won't comeback isn't it? Little actions can trigger bigger things..." he smiled, as if what he was saying was normal ㅡ Byul didn't it like it one bit. He was going too far.

 

Byul felt her rage creeping up to her. She was angry. She could not believe what she was hearing. She clenched her fist tight, crumpling the envelope in her hand in the process. 

 

"You know what I'm capable of doing, Byul. You will listen to me..." 

 

"LEAVE!" her vision went dark from anger. Without hesitation, she pushed her father, hard, hoping for him to leave before she does something she'll regret. "LEAVE!" 

 

A few push and shouts, Mrs. Lee heard the commotion going on. Seeing her tenant pushing off some guy that was obviously bigger than she is was surely not a sight to see, especially in front of her building.

 

"What is going on here?" she was panicking, but the tears that were falling down from Byul's eyes didn't get unnoticed by her. 

 

Junhyung backed away, brushing off invisible dust from his well ironed suit. "Nothing ma'am, I was just having a talk with my daughter, but I'll leave now. It was nice seeing you, Mrs.?"

 

"Lee, Mrs. Lee..."

 

"Yes, Mrs. Lee." he smiled like he wasn't plotting something disturbing a while back and that smile of his made Byul's blood boil. "Goodbye, I'll be taking my leave now."

 

Junhyung went to his car, both Byul and Mrs. Lee watched his retreating figure until his car turned to a corner. She felt Byul shaking as she hugged her, the girl was crying.

 

"It'll be okay, shh... It's okay, dear. It's okay..." she tried calming Byul, her maternal instincts kicking in. Byul was like a daughter to her already. She was itching to ask, but she decided to stay silent. 

 

Byul chose not to go to school that day.

 

_____

 

"Are you okay, now?" Byul nodded her head as she wiped off her tears. She smiled at the old nice lady and was more than glad that she was there.

 

"Yes, thank you, Mrs. Lee..."  her voice hoarse from all the crying.

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Hmm..."

 

"Alright, I'm leaving now. Just tell me if there's anything you need, okay?" 

 

"Okay... Thank you..." 

 

Mrs. Lee held her hand, giving off a warm and gentle smile before standing up and going her way. 

 

Not feeling into going to school anymore, Byul decided to just head back up and go back to bed. There was too much running on her mind and she doesn't know what she's going to do. 

 

She thought of Yongsun, her lovely and beautiful Yongsun. She needs her right now, she needs her hug; her kisses; her voice of comfort and assurance. At thay moment, Byul felt so weak. She wanted her Yongsun. 

 

The thought of her makes her calm, but the thought of her father triggers her rage. She wanted nothing from him; she despises him; he went too far and she hated him for that.

 

She buried her face into her pillow when suddenly, her phone rang, indicating a text message. 

 

One from Yongsun, asking unto why she wasn't in school, and one from her father's,

 

"You will stay away from her. Pack your things and by tomorrow morning, I want you here in my house. You can disobey me, but you'll know the consequences."

 

She held her phone so tight, it could break. She was frustrated, she felt like crying once again. This was it, she was breaking a promise. She didn't want to, but she had to. 

 

Her mind went blank and she felt restless, tired. Why can't he just let her be. 

 

If she won't listen to him, he would hurt Yongsun, and that's the last thing that she ever wanted. But if she did, she'll break Yongsun's heart. 

 

She was too broken to make her decisions, but she had no other choice.

 

"I'm so sorry... Forgive me, Yongsun ah..."

 

_____

 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you guys!

I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. Things are getting out of hand and my mind is like a jumbled metal chain puzzle and I can't untangle them xD hahaha. But, either way, here's an update, so many things going on and even I can't keep up. Please bare with me, and thank you guys~ I love you all so much.