Four.

She's Eccentric, But I Like It

 


                        <><><>IV<><><>

 

If a heart beating too fast, blushing cheeks and stuttering words were ever a crime, then Moonbyul would be in and out of prison by now. As gayer as it looks, Moonbyul likes girls, she adores them; petite or tall, good looking or average, loud and quiet, Moonbyul adores them all. But there's something about Kim Solar that she can't seem to put her finger on, and she finds it very amusing that it's something she can get used to.

 

Night time, Solar is busy with her own antics and Moonbyul is in the shower. 

 

It's a Saturday night and a good time to have fun, after taking a shower and drying her hair off, Moonbyul wore a t-shirt and a pajama and headed downstairs, and on the way down she saw Solar laying down on the couch still wearing her previous clothes and zoning out at the ceiling.

 

Moonbyul raised a brow and slowly approached Solar, from the backrest of the couch, she snooped in with both her hands resting and looked at the girl.

 

"H-Hey..." she tried to start smoothly, calling the attention of Solar.

 

Solar's previous bland eyes then sparked with interest hearing the voice that called her. "Yea?"

 

"Aren't you going to take a shower?" 

 

"How many times do you want me to shower today Moonbyul?" Solar asked in an amusing tone. "I already showered twice, just so you'd know..." she continued.

 

Moonbyul mentally smacked herself. 'Real smooth Byul, real smooth' , she noted herself with sarcasm. Cause if that's what you call smooth talking, then she wouldn't like to know what isn't.

 

"U-Umm... sorry, I didn't know..." she was about to leave and head to the kitchen when suddenly, she heard shuffling sounds.

 

"Where do you think you're going?" Solar asked, the amused tone now nowhere to be found and was replaced by a rather sharp one.

 

"K-Kitchen?"

 

"Why?" Solar is now sitting properly with her eyes looking straight to Moonbyul's eyes, in which Moonbyul finds a little bit intimidating, she's used on having attention on her, but not this type of attention.

 

"To eat?" Moonbyul answered, confidently this time.

 

"Don't." Solar demanded.

 

"Why not?"

 

"Stay here... with me." In a soft tone, Solar answered, and pressed her lips afterwards.

 

"No." Moonbyul can't seem to know where she's getting this confidence from and what the hell she's saying. She's not suppose to be saying such words, but the words just seems to be having a mind of its own.

 

"Why not?" It's Solar's turn to ask this time.

 

"I just don't." Moonbyul said in a dull tone, well she didn't mean it for it to go that way, heck, it's not even what she wanted to say. She's just intimidated by how Solar looks at her, like Solar needs her. 

 

She was planning to take back what she said but words of correction won't come out of . For a good few seconds, the both of them just had a staring thing going on before Moonbyul cuts it off with a blink and a cough. Solar on the other hand, looks away and went to the couch's corner. She hugged her knees and ducked her face in between.

 

She was murmuring words that Moonbyul can't comprehend.

 

Feeling the guilt and the responsibility for Solar's current reactions, she heaved a sigh and approached Solar, properly this time. She approached, just close enough to hear and understand whatever Solar is saying.

 

"S-Solar?" Moonbyul called softly, being careful of what Solar's reaction might be. 'Will she get mad? Will she get sad? or... if she will be just like her eccentric and weird self, will she actually be happy about what I said?' Moonbyul thought. "B-But I don't think she's a masochist..." she whispered.

 

Solar continued to murmur some words and by that time, Moonbyul is sure that Solar might be mad. Without second thoughts, she asked.

 

"Y-Yah, what are you saying?"

 

"..."

 

"Sol-... Y-Yongsun-ah?" Moonbyul tried calling her in another way. In a more affectionate way?

 

"..."

 

"Seriously, what are those incoherent wor-"

 

"If you don't like me that much, just say so... If I irritate you that much, just say so... If you don't like being within my proximity or your line of sight that much, then, just say so!" Solar was practically shouting, and this caught Moonbyul off guard. She was right about Solar's emotions, but it was a mixture of both sadness and anger, though she's not sure about that 'sadness' part, maybe just pure anger.

 

But of course, being the kind girl she is, whatever is going on right now is her entire fault, for not thinking before saying anything. Solar may be weird, but just like anybody else, and any girl out there, Solar's feelings are as fragile as a glass.

 

"T-That's too much, Yongsun... it's not that I don't like you..." Moonbyul sat just beside Solar and held her by the shoulders, she felt the girl tense for a second. "...forget what I said... erase it from your brain... ok..." Moonbyul knows for herself that she's being too caring for someone she just met within 24 hours, and to the fact that she's not one of her most favourite people, yet.

 

Moonbyul stared at Solar's curled up figure, waiting for her answer, when an unexpected question came up. "Do you like me?" Solar asked, out of the blue.

 

"H-Huh?" Moonbyul thought she heard wrong, but no.

 

"Do. You. Like. Me." Solar shot her head up and looked at Moonbyul's eyes at the last word. 

 

Moonbyul is not sure in what to do, there was a debate going on her mind. If she says No, she'll continue to hurt Solar's feelings or even worse, she might get even angrier and who knows what Solar might do to her. If she says yes... then... it's now or never.

 

"Y-Yes."

 

Like a switch, there was a sparkly ambiance on Solar's as her mad/sad aura suddenly disappeared. Faster than Moonbyul could blink, Solar's expression and emotions turned a perfect 180 degrees. 

 

"Really?! You do?!" Solar was rather happy, she changed her position into an indian sit and looked at Moonbyul with a big smile on her face, and Moonbyul swears that she just felt the hairs on her arms and neck stand. Seeing how Solar can immediately reverse her demeanor is a definition of amazing and terrifying in a whole different level.

 

"It's not that I don't like you... but don't get me wrong, it's not the type of like tha-!" Moonbyul explained herself but stopped midway after seeing Solar's brows starting to meet at the center, which is a signal for her to stop talking and just stick to her answer. "Y-Yes."

 

"Stay here with me then."

 

"I-I will..." Moonbyul gave off a half smile.

 

"Let's watch a movie!" 

 

"M-Movie? You have?"

 

"What do you think of me Moonbyul?" Solar chuckled and headed to the grab some in the movie rack.

 

Just when she was about to grab something, Moonbyul had a sudden thought of what Solar might pick as a movie, she had a slight shock before shaking her head and ran to Solar's before she could even hold of one.

 

"Wait!" she called.

 

"What?"

 

"Let's watch, but I'll pick the movie... can I?"

 

There was a moment of silence, then Solar shrugged and approved. "Sure."

 

Moonbyul picked a perfectly innocent genre. For general patronage, "Ice Age" she thanks the heavens that there's somewhat something normal in there and Moonbyul won't go with all the hardship explaining what she saw at the movie rack.

 

"Let's watch this..." she raised the CD.

 

"Ehhh?! Why that? We could just watch Fifty Sh-!"

 

"NO! N-No... we'll watch this, Solar." Moonbyul smiled, somewhat blandly.

 

Solar is now frowning, and this didn't go unnoticed by Moonbyul. "What is it now Solar?"

 

"..."

 

"Hm?"

 

"... I like you calling me Yongsun rather than Solar..."

 

"... i-is that it?"

 

Solar nodded. "Ok then... Yongsun." and a smile was formed.

 

<><>

 

Ey! An update~~ Those who have upvoted and subscribed to this story, you guys are my most favorite people right now ^_^ 

itsalzate is now signing out.