Twelve.

She's Eccentric, But I Like It

She’s Eccentric XII

 

 

<><><><><>

 

 

“Byul, you cry a lot”, Yongsun stared at a crying Moonbyul who was huddled at a cushioned bench right outside of the room where she receives her so called ‘treatment’. Moonbyul who was just crying, bit back her sobs as she looked at Yongsun, eyes blurry due to the waterworks.

 

“I…I can’t help it…” she sniffed until, slowly, she stops crying a little.

 

Yongsun placed herself beside Moonbyul; she sat on the bench without removing her eyes on the younger one, with her feet dangling a few inches from the ground. She may be older, but Moonbyul is taller.

 

Bit by bit, Yongsun advanced closer to Byul, planting her lips to the younger one’s cheeks, making Byul confused but blushing nevertheless.

 

 

“Why did you do that…?”

 

Yongsun shrugs as she grins, “Mom does that to me whenever I cry…”

 

“But you’re not my mom…” the confusion on Moonbyul’s face turned into something relative, it looked like she was about to cry again.

 

“Who cares if I’m not your mom, not only moms do those things you know.” The mischievous grin not leaving Yongsun’s lips.

 

“Who else does that beside moms…?” the adorable confused Byul was back again, lips formed into a subtle pout, and eyes meeting Yongsun’s, waiting for her to answer.

 

“Girlfriends!”Yongsun exclaimed, there was no one outside so it’s fine to shout. “…or boyfriends…” the last was more of a murmur.

 

“But you’re not my girlfriend either…” it made Yongsun think for a minute.

 

“Hm…”

 

“…and my dad said that I should find boyfriends, not girlfriends…” Moonbyul had her head hang low as she said the words, her father always hated the idea of a girl finding another girl beautiful.

 

They both sat still, silence manifesting them, Yongsun’s feet dangling and swaying in rhythm while Moonbyul tapped the bench’s edges with her fingers continuously. “Well…” Yongsun started.

 

Moonbyul turned to Yongsun, “Hm?”

 

“I can be your girlfriend!”

 

Moonbyul had her eyes wide, Yongsun on the other hand didn’t care about her statement, as if it was one of the normal things to say. “B-But dad said…”

 

“He doesn’t have to know, at least you can have me here with you whenever you’re crying, and you won’t whine about me not being your mother, or your girlfriend when I comfort you, because from now on, I am your girlfriend!” Yongsun jumped from her sit excitedly. Her smile and giddiness was infectious, even her eyes gliding along as a curve makes way into her lips.

 

In a short while, Moonbyul was giggling with Yongsun, her tears long forgotten as she looked at her new friend… well, girlfriend. “You’re weird, Yongsun…”

 

Yongsun pouts and grabs Moonbyul by the cheek, squishing them in a soft manner for Moonbyul to protrude her lips as well, “I’m not weird…”

 

“Yes you are…” Moonbyul’s words almost unrecognizable due to what Yongsun was doing.

 

“Am not…” the shifting of Yongsun’s emotion were now evident, the then excited mochi now had her white teeth hidden from the previous smiles.

 

“But that’s okay, if you’re weird… I like it…” this time, Moonbyul was the one smiling wide, not seen from her lips but from her eyes that scrunches into crescents.

 

In return, Yongsun only squeezed Moonbyul’s cheeks harder, but a subtle blush surfacing from ears. Moonbyul groaned at Yongsun’s actions and held her hand, pulling it away from her face.

 

“That hurt… your cheeks are the one that’s supposed to be squished… it’s squishy…” and so Moonbyul did, with her small hands, she gently pressed Yongsun’s cheeks which the older girl whined in return.

 

“Stop it…” Moonbyul chuckled and halted, and Yongsun went back sitting beside Byul.

 

“You know…”

 

“What?”

 

“You should kiss me on the cheek too…” Yongsun uttered matter of factly, she was grinning, and even possible, grinning even more seeing Moonbyul’s bewildered expression. The need to question was so obvious, but it seemed that the younger one was too baffled to even ask. “You’re my girlfriend now; I kissed you on the cheek so you should kiss mine too, give and take…”

 

Moonbyul was – cutely – blinking her eyes, blushing, shy even. “C-Can I?”

 

“Of course you can.”

 

“Ok…” Moonbyul advanced closer and Yongsun sat with anticipation and elation. Seeing Byul inching towards her slowly, lips mildly pursed gave her that feeling of enthusiasm, Moonbyul was so densed, and a densed Byul is entertaining for a young Yongsun.

 

Moonbyul pressed her lips to Yongsun’s cheeks, it was suppose to be just a mere peck but kissing Yongsun felt good, thus letting it linger there a little longer before inching away.

 

“There…” the embarrassment was inevitable for Byul as she looked everywhere but Yongsun.

 

“You’re so cute, and that’s a long kiss.”

 

“It feels good… and so that if I never see you, at least I kissed you long enough until I see you again…”

 

The rest of their conversation were filled with their giggles, laughter, Yongsun’s smart words, weirdness and Byul’s second hand embarrassments. After a while, the door opened revealing Moonbyul’s grandmother who immediately looked for her granddaughter in which Moonbyul didn’t wait any longer and called for her grandma’s attention.

 

“Grandma…”

 

Mrs. Moon looked over at the owner of the voice, and saw her granddaughter sitting side by side with another child.

 

“Byul…” Moonbyul reached for her granddaughter’s hand and Yongsun follows as Moonbyul jumped out of her seat. “Oh, who is this beautiful friend of yours…?”

 

“ Hello , my name is Yongsun Mrs…?” Yongsun presented politely,

 

“Moon, dear, Mrs. Moon.”

 

“Moon is your birth name?” it wasn’t trying to sound anything rude, but let’s just say that the older girl had other thoughts.

 

“Yup, I’m Moon Byul-Yi…”

 

“I thought Moonbyul was your first name…” Mrs. Moon laughed at the two, making them look at her which she returned with a genuine smile.

 

“Don’t worry, dear, a lot of people thought of it like that too…”

 

Yongsun nods, “Are you leaving already?” she asks, and Moonbyul turned to her grandmother, waiting for her to answer.

 

“Yes, dear, I’m afraid so.”

 

“Oh, alright, goodbye Mrs. Moon…” Yongsun waved and left right after kissing Moonbyul on her cheeks, “…goodbye to you too girlfriend, see ya!” and she ran, making a left at the first corner of the hallway.

 

Mrs. Moon faced her granddaughter, an eyebrow raised, “Girlfriend?”

 

Moonbyul only stayed silent, a shy smile etching her lips, she held her grandma’s hand tighter as she nods.

 

As expected, Mrs. Moon gave her a look of assurance, and no matter what, she would always care for her granddaughter, “Aigoo, so lucky having a beautiful girlfriend.” And the fact that her granddaughter may be found different by others, as long as her granddaughter knows how to love, it doesn’t matter; and it’s that something that she wished her son would soon feel.

 

 

<><><><><>

 

 

“It seems that you’re not having your tantrums, the therapy might be going well.” Mr. Moon drove the car, Moonbyul on the back seat and Mrs. Moon on the front. Moonbyul only stayed silent, she knew better than telling her father about Yongsun; with her grandmother’s advice a mind, just by a mention of Yongsun in front of her father may ruin everything.

 

“Can’t we just stop this already Junhyun? This is getting ridiculous, you’re acting as if you’re daughter is mentally disable or something…”

 

“Don’t get on me mother, what I’m doing is right, and this is for her own good.” Moonbyul merely listened, she may not understand half of what they’re talking about but it was better for her to not say anything at all rather than having her father get mad at her again, she didn’t like it whenever her father is mad, he can says things that hurts her.

 

Even Mrs. Moon suppressed whatever she still had to say; silence will be the only good thing that could happen within the ride.

 

 

<><><><><>

 

 

Moonbyul roamed, looking for a certain mochi ball by the name of Yongsun, which is also happened to be her girlfriend.

 

A little turning here and there, looking through the glass that separates the hall way from the rooms. For the first time, it was Byul who’s looking for Yongsun.

 

After of what felt like a long time for Moonbyul, she caught sight of the adorable mochi cheeked Yongsun, hair tied into a twin tail wearing a pink dress that matched her complexion. Never did Moonbyul find someone so cute and pretty, her grandmother was right, she has a pretty girlfriend.

 

Moonbyul watches as Yongsun currently sits on a swiveling chair, and as always her feet were dangling as her height couldn’t reach the floor. Moonbyul can only see but not hear anything as she looked at Yongsun who seemed to be answering questions that are written on a white piece of paper that a doctor was showing to her.

 

It amazes her as she sees Yongsun answer with consistency, though she can’t hear anything, she catches sight of how Yongsun opens and never misses a chance to answer everything. She waited, in which the session took about a good ten more minutes before Yongsun herself detected Moonbyul’s presence that’s peeking at the transparent wall.

 

In a hurry, Yongsun hopped out to open the door for her, “Byul! You’re here!”

 

“I looked for you, and waited… you’re amazing there, what were you doing?”

 

“Not sure, but we do that everytime we’re here.” Yongsun took hold of Moonbyul’s hands and smiled, “Want me to accompany you back? We can talk there, and your grandmother might be looking for you…”

 

“Okay…”

 

The two walked hand in hand, smiling and giggling, their antics the only sound being heard bouncing off the walls. Such innocence, and pure happiness, as if all the problems in the world are nothing but dust that simply vanishes into thin air, if only moments like these, even for a child, lasts for a long time.

 

Smiles and laughter were soon turned into fear as Moonbyul sees her father with a furious look on his face about to enter the room where she always went to. At that moment, all little Byul could think of is run, but her little legs and scared self had other plans.

 

“Byul, what are you doing?” his voice was stern, the voice Byul hated the most, his eyes fixated in hers and Yongsun’s linked hands, the funny thing though was she never removed it; instead, held it tighter. She looked at Yongsun who was mirroring her same expression seeing the man.

 

Moonbyul became mute there and then, no courage to say anything at all, she could cry but it’s so over used that it seemed never effective anymore.

 

“I asked what you were doing Byul, who is this girl… perhaps are you…?” Mr. Moon didn’t finish what he was about to say as it seemed that he just realized what was happening and what her daughter has been doing. His blood boiled at the thought of it, plus the fact that her mother tolerated such act.

 

Without caring of what he could do, he pulled Moonbyul away from Yongsun’s, making the older girl fall forward as her hands was forcefully removed from Byul’s and by the foreign strength.

 

“Yongsun! Dad, stop it!” Moonbyul wailed, tears falling continuously as she used all of her strength to remove herself from her father’s grip, reaching for Yongsun who had a pained expression on her face while getting up.

 

Despite her daughter’s pleas, as he was blinded by his past, he pulled her away, “Don’t get near my daughter, you… child!”

 

“Dad!”

 

As if sensing something wrong, Mrs. Moon emerged from the door and was baffled seeing the scene that welcomed her, she immediately went to Yongsun’s holding the girl in her arms as she senses that even the older girl was about to cry. “Junhyung! What is this?! How could you? Even a child…”

 

“You knew about this, yet you didn’t do anything about it! You tolerated her!”

 

“It’s because it’s the right thing to do, rather than forcing her on to doing something she didn’t like and she wouldn’t be happy with, and they’re children Junhyung, and I thought you were smart.” The mother and son argument was almost impossible to hear due to the mixed cries of the two children, who could nothing but cry and look at one another.

 

“B-Byul…”

 

“Yong…sun…”

 

“Shut up Byul! Have that child away from me mother, bring her to her parents who don’t know how to discipline their own child!” with his words, Mr. Moon, proceeded to the door, carrying her daughter who had no plans of following him.

 

With a last stride, Moonbyul looked at Yongsun, who muttered words that brought their friendship together, words that made her do the exact opposite at that moment… “Don’t cry…”

 

 

<><><><><>

 

 

“I’m paying you so why don’t you do your job properly?” Mr. Moon slammed his fist on the doctor’s table, making everyone in the room flinch, and a certain girl sob even more.

 

“Mr. Moon, I gave the child a therapy that she can handle… she’s just a child, don’t take her for like she’s an adult like you. In a matter of fact, I shouldn’t be doing this…”

 

“Do it or you’ll find yourself in the streets…” Mrs. Moon lost hope for his son, he never was the one to go this low.

 

Not wanting to lose her job, the doctor did what she was demanded to. It took a good few hours, hours of the three of them playing oblivious of hearing Moonbyul scream, shout, and worst, beg for her father to stop and help.

 

It pained Mrs. Moon to see her granddaughter suffer, thus resulted for her to tell the doctor to stop. It may be her son’s order, but she was still his mother.

 

It pained her even more when a terrified Byul instantly ran to her, shaking and completely terrified. “Look at what you’re doing Junhyung, and you dare call yourself a father…”

 

 

It took several more times of Moonbyul coming back, receiving therapy after therapy that were far from what she was used to; and all those times, Moonbyul never saw Yongsun again, and it had the effect of her complete forgetting about her, trauma clouding her mind, she was so young.

 

That one time she heard something about her mother, and also the reason why her father was so mad at her, making her leave and why she group up without her care. If only she was smart as Yongsun, she could’ve understood everything they said.

 

“I don’t want her to be like her, mother! Do you even know how painful it is for me that she loved someone else, and to add that it was another woman?!”

 

“She fell in love Junhyung, it pains me as your mother seeing you messed up like this because of her, but you knew all along that she liked someone else when you two were still young, but you pursued her. I’m not saying that she didn’t do anything wrong, but you must understand that you knew it all, yet you continued, my son. You can’t blame her for falling in love, she loved you too and I can see that, but I guess she loved her lover even more. You should’ve understood that better instead of pushing her away and making her leave her own daughter.” Mrs. Moon was already crying, she loved both her son and her daughter, she saw the two of them grow together, and she saw how his son fell in love, and got hurt in the process, resulting into him being like what he is now.

 

“It’s better for her to leave rather than to make Byul be like what she is, I don’t want her to corrupt the mind of my only daughter.”

 

“Don’t be blinded by your fear and hate Junhyung, I hope one day you realized what you’re doing, not only to yourself, but your daughter as well.”

 

 

The same routine continued for Byul, until her father left and when overseas, Mrs. Moon pulled her out immediately, making Byul back to her lively old self again, but a certain someone being forgotten, buried behind the tide of painful trauma, that may take a long time for it to resurface once again.

 

 

<><><><><>

 

 

Moonbyul had a hard time opening her eyes, she was damn sure that they were red due to all the crying she did last night, and the heavy feeling after having such a long dream. She tried moving but was restricted by arms that were encircled to her waist, and a certain weight pressed on her back.

 

She shifted slowly, knowing who it was and not wanting to wake her up. Moonbyul looked at the sleeping Solar, her breathing steady and a few strands of her hair covering her beautiful face, did Moonbyul called Solar beautiful? Yes, she did.

 

With her free hand, she Solar’s hair, tucking them behind her ears. The latter looked ethereal into Moonbyul’s eyes, she always did but today, it seemed like she can see things even clearly.

 

Solar woke up to Moonbyul’s doing, fluttering her eyes slowly and to be welcomed by Moonbyul’s serene yet serious looking face, eyes a little puffy but nevertheless, still as cute as ever.

 

“Hi Yongsun…”

 

“You’re already awake?” Solar blinked as she asked, also noticing that what the younger girl has been doing to her hair, no wonder she felt comfortable.

 

Moonbyul hums in response.

 

“Okay… good morning then”, Solar grinned this time, making Moonbyul chuckle.

 

“Yeah, good morning too… girlfriend…”, followed by a wink that surprised Solar, she was about to say something but was halted by Moonbyul immediately. “…yes Yongsun, I remember, I remember you…” Moonbyul draw closer, making her lips be in contact with Solar’s own pair, and it was an achievement seeing Solar shocked, but an even more achievement seeing her do it multiple times in a small amount of time. “I should’ve done it on your cheeks but that was years ago, and that’s child’s play…”

 

Moonbyul grinned at the sight of a blushing Solar so early in the morning, and now she was sure, that the certain someone has finally resurfaced from her memories and was now in front of her in flesh, and is very beautiful.

 

 

<><><><><><>

 

another chapter, and I hope this has answered some of your questions, I'm so hyped that I managed to write another chapter again, hope you enjoy this one, see ya on the next chap, three more chapters to go and we're done, and if that doesn't work, we can always add more chapters, xD.

 

 

_itsalzate_