Ten.

She's Eccentric, But I Like It

X. She's Eccentric, But I Like It

•••

"This one?"

"No."

"This?"

"No."

"How bout' this?"

"Not that too..."

"Oh I know, this?" for the nth time already, Moonbyul showed another piece of paper with group of words that's only understandable in Solar's perspective.

Also, for what felt like a hundred times, Solar only had one bland answer.

"No, that's not it..."

A tired groan left Moonbyul's lips as she drops herself down to her seat. Staring bluntly at Solar who's eyes were focused on her computer screen, typing of what seems very important for the student council.

Her eyes sharp as it reflects the glowing light of the screen, fingers gliding along the keys, and her lips pressing together every other minute whenever something went wrong. 

"I don't know what you're trying to look for Yongsun, I've given almost everything here..." Moonbyul stared at the scattered and restless papers on Solar's that she's been handing to her ever since when.

Without diverting her gaze, Solar opened . "Almost everything Byul, but not everything, meaning you're getting there."

Moonbyul didn't retort back, the girl did have a point. Without further a due, she went back to another set of papers, analyzing them one by one before taking a whole wild guess on what option is right.

It amazes her somehow on how Solar can turn all professional when school works mattered. Completely far of her usual peculiar self, like a switch that let's Solar have all of the senses of responsibility run through her system.

Sometimes it makes Byul wonder on who is the real Solar, the one she encounters back at their apartment? Or the Student Council President?

It's amazing really...

"Is it this one?" Moonbyul showed Solar cautiously.

"No."

Another sigh from Moonbyul was heard, besides, how is Solar even knowing if its the right thing when she doesn't even glance away from what she's doing.

"You didn't even look at it."

"I did, and that's not what I'm looking for..."

"No you didn't."

"I did."

"You should be the one looking for whatever that is..." Moonbyul placed the stack down and closed her eyes, she's been reading words for hours.

"I have a lot of things to do, that's why I asked for your help Byul..." Solar's voice was soft, somewhat guilty and pleading.

Hearing this, Moonbyul felt guilty as well. Brushing off the small conflict she continued. It's not like she had much to do anyway.

A few more minutes has passed, that turned to a good few hours before both of them heaved a sigh of relief. Finally, they're done. 

"Gosh, if this is what you do everyday then I don't want to be in your place." Solar laughed at this, stretching her limbs and yawning in the process.

"You just need to get used to it, and you'll be fine"

Moonbyul stood up, rubbing her back that turned sore for sitting for so long. "Well that's kinda sad."

"What is?"

Moonbyul turned to Solar, a dull expression on her face. "Getting used to things instead of overcoming them or whatever..."

"That's a pretty serious one Byul..." a smile etched Solar's lips, but somewhat having another meaning along the lines of it.

Moonbyul shrugged. "You think so?"

"I love what I'm doing though, its part of the responsibility you know?"

Moonbyul chuckled, a half one that. "I can't help but think of it as a weird thing hearing from you about responsibility."

Solar then bursted out in laughter. " I know right!"

There was only one thing Moonbyul could've thought of at that moment, Solar really was something.

"O~KAY!" Solar spurt out of the blue, which made Moonbyul snap out of her train of thoughts, followed by a sharp yelp that was barely audible, but Solar heard it anyways. "Well isn't that cute, Byulie-ah?" then a giggle followed suit.

"Why did you do that?" Moonbyul kept touching her ear, having it get used to the sudden loud intervention.

"I'm hungry, we've been here for hours. I don't want to die of starvation."

"You're overreacting..."

"And you're being quite a wet blanket."

This time, Moonbyul can't help but to glare at the older girl. "What?"

"Nothing... LEGGO!"

•••

"Now give us the dirty details already!"

"There's no such dirty details! Well I can tell you some details but there's nothing dirty about it."

Ever since she went back to Wheein and Hwasa after a meal with Solar, they've been bombing her with questions, and of course for being such a good friend she would tell them, but then once again, they wanted more information of what Byul could offer.

"I swear, you can be quite boring sometimes Byulie..." Wheein took a bite off of her sandwich, her third one to be exact. Like how can someone so small eat so much?

"Well then excuse me for being such a gentlem- woman..." Moonbyul pursed her lips.

"Yeah, sure, stick with that." it was Hwasa's turn this time.

"Oh, I will..." they all laughed soon after, but was halted by Moonbyul's phone that rang.

"It's grandma, why is she calling me?"

"Must be important, answer it."

"Hello, grandma why did you call?"

[ Are you at school Byul-yi?]

Moonbyul made eye contact with her friends, which she got a look in return.

"Yes, I'm still in school why?"

[ I have something to tell you, you don't mind hearing it over phone right? ]

"What's wrong, you're making me nervous.." Moonbyul chuckled.

[ He...He- ] 

"He what?" Moonbyul was now staring at Wheein and Hwasa with, she didn't know why but she felt like there was a need of them after this conversation.

[ He's here Byul-yi, you're father's back. ]

And was she right.

•••

It's short I know! But I really want to update, so could you bare with this for a while? Please?😣

I promise to update a longer one next, anyway, ENJOY my lovely readers 😅😁😊