Fourteen.

She's Eccentric, But I Like It

She's Eccentric XIV

 

They say that there's always a rainbow after the rain...

 

But that doesn't mean that the rain won't come back once again...

 

Her father's voice kept ringing on her ears. The firm and love lacking sound of his deep voice as he told her to come immediately, like she had no other choice but to obey. It has always been that way; even when he's not around, Byul felt that even if she was free; at the back of her mind, her father will always have the alas.

 

As soon as she had reached her father's house, she took swallowed the heavy lump on , and her palms were clammy. It was her father's house and never was her's. She never felt welcome in it anyway, atleast not when he's around.

 

She knocked on the door and was welcomed by house maids whom she pretty much knew by face but not by their names. Making her way inside, the undeniable nervous feeling she had seemed that it'd never leave her at the moment. 

 

"Ms., your father is at his office."

 

She looked at the owner of the voice with a polite gesture before smiling in return. "Where's grandma?"

 

"She went out this morning, and she hasn't returned yet.", the helper answered, she was fairly young, a little older than Byul, but young nevertheless.

 

Byul gave a faint reply, as if her voice were having a hard time leaving . To whatever she's feeling right now, one thing is for sure. She's terrified. Terrified to face her father once again, if only she could avoid him, or much better, if she'd never see him again.

 

Byul headed towards her father's office. Facing the door, she contemplated whether she should knock and enter, or not, but before she knew it, three knocking sounds were heard, and it was hers.

 

If only she could stop time, she would. But everything was too stay in her imagination when she heard that voice that she had been scared of hearing.

 

"Come in."

 

Hands trembling and beads of sweat trickling down her forehead, Byul reached for the door knob, twisting it slowly before opening the door in the same manner. She had her head hung low as she entered and closed the door behind her. She dare not look into her father's eyes, nor to him in general.

 

"Sit down."

 

And she did. were dry and tge atmosphere felt like it was suffocating her. She wanted to leave.

 

Her father cleared his throat rather loudly making her look at him in response, fear still not leaving his eyes.

 

"Byul..", he started, the deep texture of his voice sending shiver down Byul's spine. But this one isn't commanding, for the first time as Byul can remember, there was affection in her father's voice. It was very little, but being used to his usual dominant and forceful tone, it was easy to notice the difference.

 

"Y-Yes...?", Byul couldn't control her voice as it faltered. No matter how nice her father may be at the moment, it doesn't change the fact that she's intimidated, and she always will be.

 

Instead of proceeding his first approach, he stared at her making her stiff and conscious on her sit. Whatever's running on her father's mind, she had no idea what it is. 

 

With courage that she didn't know where she got, she stared right back at him, as if their eyes were communicating. But whatever her father's eyes were showing, were the complete opposite of what he did next.

 

He slammed an envelope at his table, making Byul jump a little. 

 

"W-What's that...?", she dared to ask. His father wore back his usual emotion. Uncaring. Unloving.

 

"A passport.", he stated.

 

"Passport... Y-Your leaving?" Byul was shocked, but deep inside, she was screaming for joy.

 

"Yes." If only Byul could jump at the moment, she would. 

 

She's glad that her father's finally leaving. She suppressed a smile that was soon to outline her lips, only to be halted by his father's smirk and words that threw her off. 

 

"Yes, I'm leaving...

 


 and you're coming with me."

 

As quick as how her happiness shot through her is as quick as it disappeared.

 

"W-What? N-No...", she clenched her fists tight, her eyes boring holes to both her father and the piece of brown envelope place at the middle of his table. "I'm not going anywhere."

 

His father did not look pleased at her statement. A frown suddenly forms on his face as he brought his hand together and placing them on top of his table. He inched forward, making him more intimidating than he already is.

 

"Who are you to decide that, Byul?"

 

By that moment, Byul couldn't help herself to answer back. "No... Who are you to decide on what I'm supposed to do?" 

 

This made her father more enraged. His hands hit the table in a sharp and hard manner that it managed to throw off small objects off his desk. "Who am I?! I am your father! And you...", he stood up and pointed a finger at her. "... you are just my daughter, so you are to obey me of what I tell you!"

 

"You never were a father to me so don't tell me what to do!", Byul stood up immediately and went to the door, but before she could turn the knob, her father's loud voice rang once again.

 

"Don't turn your back on me while I'm talking to you." 

 

Byul, stopped for a moment, and continued. Just as she was about to close the door behind her, her father spoke once again.

 

"Leave and something will happen to your little girlfriend."

 

This made her stop. She turned around and glared at his father, anger was evident from her eyes. She was mad and furious. 

 

"What? You think I don't know about your escapades with your diseased friend?", he was wearing his smile once again, that in Byul's eyes, could par the devil's.

 

"Leave Yongsun out of this."

 

"Oh? So Yongsun's the name?"

 

"I swear, don't you dare do anything to her, dad.", she made emphasis to the last word, her teeth clenched.

 

"Or what? Byul?"

 

Byul didn't waste time answering as she turned around and left, slamming the door shut in the processes. 

 

She ran down stairs, ignoring the maid's that's calling her as she headed towards the front door. She wanted to leave the place and she couldn't take to stay another second in it.

 


 <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

 


The sun was setting, and Byul remained lying down on her bed, the same position she was in when she got back to her apartment, their apartment. Hers and Yongsuns'.

 

She hugged her pillow and thought hard of what her and her father talked about, and she always kept on ending to one conclusion.

 

"I will never leave Yongsun, not again.", she uttered the words as she hugged the pillow tighter.

 

Not long after, the bedroom door opened. Byul didn't have to check just to know who it was. 

 

Soon enough, Byul heard something hitting the floor and the mattress sinking. Before she could even turn, arms were wrapped around her waist, setting her in place, and she felt slow breathing at the back of her neck.

 

It calmed her immediately. 

 

"Where were you...?" her sweet voice could lull Byul to sleep. To Byul, she was home.

 

"I went to dad's..."

 

Yongsun hugged her tighter and she nuzzled even further to Byul's neck.

 

"Hm... You did? Why didn't you tell me...?"

 

Byul frozed for a moment, thinking about the talk between her and father once again. She turned, facing Yongsun and hugging her in the process.

 

She tucked a loose hair behind Yongsun's ear, staring at her like she's the most beautiful and important thing in the world, and because she is.

 

"I didn't want to worry you..."

 

Yongsun cuddled moreinto Moonbyul, leaving no space in between in them. "What did you do there?"

 

"We talked...", Byul ran her finger along Yongsun's tresses, making the older girl close her eyes and hum in between.

 

"What did you two talked about..?"

 

Byul thought whether to tell her or not. But still, it includes Yongsun too; she had every right to know.

 

"He wants me to leave with him..."

 

As the words left , Byul felt Yongsun's grip on her shirt. She felt how it tightens and how it did not remain still...

 

"H-He did...?"

 

Byul didn'y fail to notice the crack on her voice, and it alarmed her hearing this from Yongsun.

 

She moved away from the hug a little, only to be stopped by Yongsun's.

 

 "Don't."

 

"Yongsun-ah..."

 

"Are you leaving...? Are you leaving me again?" A-Are y-you..."

 

Byul immediately moved away and stared at Yongsun, and her heart clenched at the sight. 

 

Yongsun's eyes were closed shut, tears were already trickling down from her face. Byul, brushed them away with her thumb as she cooed for the older girl.

 

"Hey... Stop crying.."

 

But Yongsun cried more.

 

"I'm not going anywhere, Yongsun... I'm not leaving you. I promised didn't I? So don't cry..."

 

Yongsun's sobs never stopped. All Byul could do was to hug her, hug her tight and whisper her comforting words.

 

She cooed her, soothed her; caressed her back and hummed her tunes till she fell asleep.

 

She would never leave Yongsun, not ever again.

 

<><><><><><>

 

After so many years, I have finally updated... Oh my. I have no excuse.. 😅

 

Anyways, enjoy. I hope people are still reading this after being left for so long..