One.

She's Eccentric, But I Like It

                                                                                                                                <><><> I <><><>

 

It was a peaceful and calm street; with the usual ringing of bycicle bells, the satisfying sounds of a broom getting in contact with the pavement, droplets of water oozing down from leaf to leaf and unto the soil to the pot, casual barking of dogs and mewling of cats. It was a normal day; neighbors chatting to one another... but then, there's also the latter.

 

A certain Moon, wailing and bawling her eyes out, begging her grandmother to not kick her out of the house.

 

"Halmoni! No! How am I suppose to live? Where will I eat? What am I going to wear? What if I starve to death? Please halmoni~ don't do this to me!" Moon Byul-Yi or simply Byul-Yi whined which can be heard by the whole neighborhood as she flopped down the floor of their patio.

 

"Goodness Byul, don't over exaggerate. I'm not kicking you out, what would our neighbors think of me if they hear you? saying that I'm kicking out my precious grand daughter!" Grandma Moon picked her granddaughter up, patted some imaginary dusts off and held her by the shoulders. "This is for your own good..."

 

"See?! You're basically, almost lowkey, wanting to kick me out!" Byul-Yi stated in disbelief, her grandma can't do anything but slap herself mentally.

 

"You need to learn to live responsibly, don't worry, I'll still be helping you in time of crisis. I would never abandon my granddaughter." her grandma held her by the face lovingly before handing her the bag filled with her clothes and other personal belongings.

 

With a heavy heart, Byul-Yi accepted them. "Fine... but at least tell me where I'll be staying." and with that the older Moon smiled.

 

                                                                                                                                <><><><><>

 

Byul-Yi got off her family's car and looked at her grandma with a pleading look one last time.

 

"My decision is final Byul... the land lady here is my friend she'll take care of you in some circumstances, but other than that, you're by yourself. The payment, the food, laundry, everything, you'll be on your own."

 

Byul-Yi just let out a long sigh before giving off a smile to her beloved grandma.

 

"I know you can do it, besides, you're one of my most diligent and responsible grand child." with that, grandma Moon gave her granddaughter one last peck in the cheek before signalling the driver to start off, leaving Byul-Yi in the apartment's front door.

 

Byul-Yi composed herself and closed her eyes thinking on what could happen.

 

In a few seconds she heard the front door click, the door opened and revealed a middle aged woman, maybe around her grandmother's age. 'This must be the landlady' Byul-Yi thought.

 

The older woman seeing the girl carrying a bag in her front door hurriedly approached. "Omo~ you must be Moon Byul-Yi? Mrs. Moon's granddaughter!" she exclaimed rather excited.

 

Byul-Yi replied with a shrug and a smile, being a girl with manners, she never disrespects anyone though she's not fond of the situation she's in. "Y-Yeah... that's me..."

 

"What are you doing there? Come inside and I'll show you the place."

 

She got inside and took a good look around the place, her grandmother was right, the place looks rather luxurious and just had enough perfection to live in.

 

Not that she'll complain of having to live on somewhere unpleasant, but of course this is much better.

 

"This may not be a perfect place for you, but I hope you enjoy your stay." the old woman beamed happily.

 

"No... this place is perfectly fine..." Byul-Yi replied politely. "Uhm... have you known my grandmother for long?" she asked.

 

The older woman opened one of the doors and Moon Byul-Yi stood in shock when she saw how spacious the place is. T'was practically a pent house. "Yes, I've known your grandmother for so long... This will be the room where you'll be staying and about the payment, I think it'll just be knack for you, specially when you'll have company here with you."

 

"I'll be rooming with someone?"

 

Byul-Yi entered the room and settled her bags. She sat on the couch and scanned the whole place. "Yes, she might be out right now but I'm not really sure where she went. Don't worry, she won't be any problem, she's actually very sweet."

 

"She?"

 

"Yes, she. You wouldn't want a guy to be accompanying you here right? and besides I don't think your grandma would be happy with that kind of idea."

 

Byul-Yi laughed and laid down. "You're right..."

 

"Alright, I guess you're ok on your own here now? I'll be arranging some files, if you need me don't hesitate to call using the landline. My number is written there."

 

"Thanks.. uhm?"

 

"Lee, Mrs. Lee."

 

"Oh, thanks Mrs. Lee" Byul-Yi offered a smile.

 

"What a pretty young lady, you're more than welcome Ms. Moon" and with that the landlady went ahead, leaving Byul-Yi on her own.

 

She picked up her bag and went upstairs - on where she believed her room is located - and fixed all her belongings.

 

Opening the room's door, there she saw a bed that is obviously being used by someone, and so is the closet beside it.

 

"She's pretty clean and very orderly... lucky." she whispered to herself.

 

It's a good thing that it's a weekend, and she doesn't have classes up until Tuesday. She opened her bag and fixed all her clothes. Her tootbrush was there, soaps, shampoos and everything else. Her laptop, earphones and anything else that's necessary for her.

 

After settling her clothes, she picked up all of her toiletries and headed towards the bathroom - which also happens to be inside her room, for emergency situations. On the way, she heard faint sounds coming from it.

 

She stopped from her tracks and she heard the sound of a faucet being turned off and series of distinct foot steps.

 

"Is someone here?..." she asked herself. "The landlady said my roommate was away... w-who could be...?"

 

Byul-Yi was about to step back and run with the thought that maybe there's a robber inside their apartment, she has to do something about it. But she wasn't able to move when the door knob turned and the object of plywood and brown opened.

 

There, in Moon Byul-Yi's eyes, she saw what she thinks is the most beautiful girl that she's ever seen in her life.

 

Jet black wet locks, long eye lashes, eyes in shades of brown and plump lips, in nothing but a towel.

 

She backed away slowly until she reached the bed making her fall and sit on it with her personal hygiene still in hand, she doesn't know what to do at the moment.

 

The girl on the other hand didn't move and just stared at her with an unreadable and Byul-Yi was confused. She didn't have a displeased look or any signs of anger about someone seeing her in all her glory - well she did have a towel but still.

 

Instead the said girl approached Byul-Yi's position, and with all her might she let go off all the objects in her hand and motioned the girl to stop, eyes closed.

 

"W-What are you doing?! W-Who are you?!"

 

The girl didn't answer and just remained with her expression, but then. "You're in my bed."

 

This made Byul-Yi stop and stare at the girl. "What?"

 

"I said, you're in my bed, get off." she repeated.

 

Byul-Yi didn't have enough time to filter the words and react.

 

It didn't help when the said girl went in close contact with her, the girl practically hovered above her with her wet hair - the girl's - falling to the sides and brushing in Byul-Yi's face, her one knee pressed against the bed and arms on her both sides, making Byul-Yi support herself with her elbows.

 

The girl leaned even more, leaning until she reached Byul-Yi's ear before whispering. "... or do you want me to get you off myself?" in such sultry voice that Byul-Yi would say illegal, for she was blushing red and warm at the moment.