Outside the Diary 3

Hi Diary, It's Me

Arya slammed her car door, quickly locking it behind her as she ran to her apartment. She had been crying the whole way home and she just wanted to get away from it all.

She had never felt so humiliated her whole life and the thought of everyone seeing every single entry that she ever wrote was beyond horrifying. She quickly tried to grab her keys out from her purse to unlock the door. She grasped onto the one key she needed but considering that she was shaking and so out of it, she dropped the bundle of keys.

She quickly picked them up from the ground and after taking a deep breath, she unlocked the door successfully.

Arya went inside and closed the door gently behind her. She turned around and rested her head against the door, the tears still falling from her face. She let her hand fall back to her side and she fell slowly to her knees.

“W-Why…who…” She finally thought that everything would be okay. That everything was going to be fine. But now that this has happened…who the hell would have done this to her? Just even thinking about the question once, it was then that it hit her like a sack of rocks. She knew then who it was.

IU.

That was the only person she could think of who would be able to do something like this. Who hated Arya this much. But she thought she changed over the last couple of days.

IU had started to talk to Arya the next day after her apology on the rooftop and Arya thought that maybe they could even be friends, despite all the history between them.

But she knew now that there was no way she was ever going to change. And her being all friendly all of a sudden? She should have known.

Known that es will always be es.

Arya, emotionally exhausted and wanting to hide for a bit, decided to head to her bed and sleep it off. She walked with heavy steps to her bedroom and climbed under her covers. She turned off her phone as the last thing she needed was the company to start calling her or to get notifications about this hot mess all over social media.

She rolled over onto her right side and stared out the window. Through the little break in the curtains she could see that it was raining outside. How ironic, she thought. It was like the world was crying with her in a weird sort of way.

Arya smiled a bit at the silly little idea and slowly closed her eyes, hoping to wake up to a happier world…

A Few Hours Later

Tap, tap, tap.

Arya suddenly woke up. Her eyes had snapped open at the sudden sound. She sat up slowly and rubbed at her tear-stained eyes, realizing how it was now nighttime and that she must have slept the whole day. She naturally squinted her eyes, trying to see in the dark and searched around for her phone.

Finding it quickly, she turned it on and glanced out the window. The rain had stopped and city lights were lit up all over the place. It was actually kind of beautiful, she thought.

Tap, tap, tap.

Breaking her thoughts, Arya’s head turned at the repetitive sound, realizing that it was coming from the front door. She was wondering who would come this late at night to her house. Who even knew where she lived anyways? She never told anyone except her family.

Nervous, she climbed out of bed, putting on the little pink fuzzy slippers next to her feet. She got up and started to shuffle to the front door.

Arya put her hands around her arms, feeling a slight chill from crawling out of her warm bed into the cold air so fast.

Tap, tap, tap.

Well whoever this is, is not going away, Arya thought. She got to the front door and got up on her tiny toes to look through the peephole. When she finally saw who it was, her eyes widened out of fear.

She really, really didn’t want to open the door. He had seen everything that happened earlier and who knows how many entries he ended up reading. Her face started to grow hot at the very idea.

“Arya…” He suddenly called out. Arya jumped a little at his voice. She turned around to face the door once more. “I know you are in there. Open up. Please.”

Unconsciously, she started to bite her lip, the nerves building up inside of her. Should she? Should she not? Instead of doing anything, she instead waited.

“W-Why should I?” She whispered, only giving him that as an answer. She looked down at her slippers, debating what to do.

“Because I want to talk to you. That’s why. And…I also have something of yours.” Intrigued, Arya looked through the peephole once more to see that he was holding up her best friend. Her beloved Diary.

She froze, wondering how the hell he was able to get that back. She really wanted to open the door now but was hesitant to. Was it because she was nervous about what he was going to say? Was he just going to leave it here and never talk to her again? Tell her to go away and quit the company?

But despite all these questions circling her head, her hand reached for the door. She slowly unlocked it, opening it up slowly to see him standing here, looking tired and disheveled. They both just kind of stared at each other before she finally spoke up.

“W-what do you want Jongup?”