Guardian Academy?

Awoken in a Distant Land

 

“Young master…”

“What is it Changjo?” asked the seriously wounded prince, looking at the guardian in training.

“Niel just told me that Minwoo contacted him, the seven are awake…” said Changjo, “And according to Minwoo, they all are ok, which means the teleportation between the realms was a success…”

 The prince sat up wincing.

“My lord, don’t sit up, you are seriously wounded, rest and heal up.”

Chunji sighed, lying back down, “Changjo, go back to the academy…I don’t think your mentors will be happy about their apprentice being late for his training…”

“But my lord…” said Changjo.

“It’s alright Changjo…” said the Prince’s guardian, “I’m here…”

The younger boy nodded and bowed to the guardian, scurrying out of the room and heading towards the Guardian Academy, knowing that his mentors were going to be throwing a fit because he was already very late for his training.

“Have you gone too see them like I asked?” asked the pale and weak prince.

The guardian nodded, “They all are well mannered, well, with the exception of two, who are rather rude to others who are their age or younger, one about made Minwoo cry. The other of the two idiots I’m talking about is really similar to Sungyeol; however, he’s a lot more mature than Sungyeol. Then another one, who is well mannered towards to everyone seems to have an attraction towards Minwoo…”

Chunji laughed, “Maybe Minwoo will finally find the ‘true love’ he’s always talking about…”

“Maybe…” said the Guardian, smiling, however his smile slipped from his face when he saw the prince hold his side from pain,  the guardian automatically stood up seeing that the boy was crying, “Chunji?”

 

“What’s that building?” asked L, pointing towards the port.

“Which one?” asked the youngest boy in the group and the only one who knew his way around this metropolis?

“The one with the round, pointed roof, the one that looks somewhat like a crayon,” Said L.

“Ah….that’s the guardian academy…It’s where the guardians train, as well as where they train their apprentices,” Said Minwoo, “Guardians are immortal, so everyone wishes to be one, however, only one is chosen every hundred thousand years….however in recent times, eight have been chosen.”

“What happens when the mortals are chosen?” asked L.Joe.

“From what I heard from my best friend, who was one of the eight chosen, they had to face three trials and you had to pass on the first try. You see, at first a hundred are chosen, but as they go through the trails, the number is decreased rapidly…if you fail one trial, you aren’t good enough to be a guardian and you are automatically thrown out of the running, usually, when the trials are finished only one comes out victorious, however, after the trials were done eight came out victorious…” said Minwoo, looking at the sky dreamily, “After the trails finished up, the guardians took the eight boys to the God’s Mountains and let the five dragons, who are the protectors of the gods’ temples, decide. However the five did not do anything.”

“What do you mean by that?” asked CAP.

“The dragons chose all eight, because the gods chose all eight…” said Minwoo, “After that, the eight, well, seven of them went with the guardians to the spring of immortality, which is hidden so well that only the royal family, who has been ruling since the beginning of time, knows it’s location. None of the Guardians know where it’s at and none of the apprentices know also…”

“How do they not know?” asked Woohyun, they went to the spring…”

“The royal family made them temporarily blind, because they have the power to do so,” Said Minwoo, “They made it so that they were hovering too, that way they had no ideas about where they were going. The blindness was taken away only long enough to do the Guardian Ceremony, once they were done, they were blinded again and taken back to the Academy where the blindness was once again taken off.”

“You said eight were chosen, but how come only seven drank immortal water?” asked L.Joe.

“The prince was one of the eight, the whole royal family is born immortal so he didn’t have to do the immortality ceremony…” said Minwoo.

“So, when you said that the royal family has been ruling since the beginning of time, you meant that literally? As in the King and Queen have been alive and ruling since the beginning of time?” said Hyunseong, not believing the information they were receiving.

“Yes, both the King, Queen, and fifteen original guardians have lived and known each other since the beginning of time,” said Minwoo, smiling, “Believe it or not, they are actually holding trials for people who want to be guardians later this year…”

“Why?”

“The prince was attacked by a demon earlier this week and again last night, so they are getting more apprentices to create more defenses against the demons as well as protection for the royal family…” said Minwoo, “I’m training for it, if any of you’d like to join me. I failed last time in the third and final trial, so I know how difficult it’s going to be…”

“We’ll think about it…” said the seven.

“Aishi…where’d that kid go?” muttered a well-built man.

“Hello, Master Lee,” Said Minwoo, bowing, “might I ask who you are looking for?”

“Call me Eunhyuk, if you call me Master Lee people will get me mixed up with my lover…” said the bleached blonde haired man, “Anyway, I’m looking for Sungjong, he is supposed to be helping me do the daily report on this area, but he saw Dongjun, that healer boy who trains under Henry, and just ran off.”

“How far did he go?” asked Minwoo.

“How should I know.” Said Eunhyuk, sighing, “It really amazes me how a kid like him got into being a Guardian’s apprentice…So, are you going to try again this year?”

Minwoo nodded enthusiastically, “Yes, I’ll pass this time.”

“Hahaha good, what element are you hoping to get the flame of the dragon for?” asked Eunhyuk.

“Either water or air…” said Minwoo.

“The easiest and the hardest to control I see…” said Eunhyuk, “Why?”

“Well, because water is easiest to learn and it’ll allow you to become an official guardian quicker, but I also like Air because those who learn that element get to be the personal guardians to the prince…”

“Who you are in debt to because he saved your life when you were younger, I know…” said Eunhyuk chuckling, however, his laughter stopped and his smile turned upside down, “How is Chunji?”

All seven of the boys’ heads perked up hearing that name, the name of the man in their dreams.

“I know Niel is still a little wounded from the first attack, but what about Chunji?” asked Eunhyuk.

“He was supposed to come down to see me this morning, to see if these seven were summoned properly, however, Kyuhyun showed up in his place…it turns out that the demon who attacked him last night didn’t use fire like the one who attack Niel and him, they used darkness…Which we all know not even Henry can heal.” said Minwoo, “Kyuhyun told me Chunji is past his critical stage, but is still in serious pain.”

“I thought you all are immortal,” Said Donghyun.

“Our ‘immortality’ is different than the one you humans think of. You all think that if you are immortal, you will not die ever and you can’t be killed, but we all know that everything has a weakness; this weakness depends on your element. My element is water, so my weakness is air. As for Niel, who is a water element also, he was attacked with fire and seriously wounded, but was nowhere near a critical state, however if he had been an earth element, he would have already been dead.” Said Eunhyuk, “In Prince Chunji’s case, he processes fire, water, earth, and air, so none of those elements are his weakness, however he has a fifth element which is called light, so his weakness would be darkness, which is the power that only Demons, Angels of Death, and the Devil can control.”

“I understand now…” said Donghyun, “Since he’s a light element and was attacked with his weakness, it affected him greatly and put him into a critical condition, but if he had been attacked by any of the other four elements he’d be a little wounded, but not severely.”

“That is mostly correct, however, his condition after the other four elemental attacks depend on the attacker,” Said Eunhyuk, “and that attacker’s strength. Anyways, I need to get back to finding Sungjong, so if you see him, tell him to get his but back here.”

“Alright,” Said Minwoo, waving to the Guardian as the man left.

Minwoo looked at L.Joe who had been silent through the whole discussion; he opened his mouth to ask L.Joe a question when Dongwoo asked another question.

“Are mortals powerless?” asked Dongwoo.

Minwoo replied, “Yes, we don’t hold any elemental powers.”

Dongwoo looked at him in confusion, “If you don’t have any powers then how can you be the apprentices?”

“During the ceremonies, when the apprentices are on the God’s Mountains the apprentices will enter each temple and go to the eternal flames inside the temples, if the flame grows larger it means that you weren’t chosen for this element, but if the flames grow small enough so you can hold it, the fire will grow more chaotic and it will swallow you whole, but somehow also gives you powers and secures your immortality…” said Minwoo, spotting Zhou Mi walking down the road towards the port, he bowed when he saw Zhou Mi smile at him.

“Minwoo, have you seen Chunji?” asked Zhou Mi.

“No, isn’t he still in the castle?” asked Minwoo.

“No, he once again disappeared with Niel, this time they took Sungyeol along…I really want to know where they go…” said Zhou Mi shaking his head, “Can you boys look around the city so I can check outside of the town?”

They all nodded.

“Kyuhyun has been working his off recently with that boy…really, what is so urgent that he has to leave without alerting anyone as to where he is going?” said Zhou Mi.

“Don’t worry, sir, we’ll be looking for him,” Said Minwoo, “You can go ahead and continue your search outside the city.”

The guardian smiled, “Thank you for your help.”

“Do you always help them?” asked Hyunseong, as Zhou Mi walked away.

“Yes…they saved me when I was younger though, so they deserve all the help from me,” Said Minwoo, smiling widely.

 

“Sir, Siwon isn’t thinking about his mission at all…” muttered a cloaked male who was kneeling down in front of the devil, who was still a bit pale.

“What is he doing?”

“He’s been distracted with the Guardian, who holds the power to heal people, named Heechul…” said the cloaked male.

“Take your sister, kill them both and bring back that blasted prince…” said the Devil, smirking evilly.

“Yes, your highness,” Said the cloaked male standing up.

 

“We’ll need to head to the academy quickly, surely Sunggyu will know where Chunji is.” Said Minwoo, smiling.

“Who is Sunggyu?”

“He’s the fourth and final apprentice under Eunhyuk and Donghae…he’s the most responsible and trustworthy one.” Said Minwoo, “However, he’s always focused on his duties, so it’s kind of hard to get to know him…”

“Ah, Minwoo, I was just looking for you.” Said a male dressed in blue jeans and a blue tunic.

“Sunggyu-hyung!” said Minwoo, jumping up and going to hug him, smiling widely.

“Zhou Mi just came through and told me to search for Sungyeol with you all, I agreed, because if I find Chunji I’ll find Niel and Sungjong with him.” Said the older man, “Minwoo you can come with me…Uh who else?”

“I will,” Said Woohyun, smiling at the male, “I’m Woohyun.”

“Sunggyu.” Said the older male, “As for the rest of you head towards the bridge heading into the city, Hoya is waiting for you there…”

“Wait…Donghyun come with us, that way we can even out the teams a bit.” Said Minwoo, smiling.

The boy nodded and the four left.

“This is insane, why do we have to go down?” asked Hyunseong, “Also, why do I have a feeling that we are going to go outside the city?”

“Because we are,” Said a boy, dressed in the same attire as Sunggyu, but his tunic was brown, “We were told to search for him in a sacred place…which only guardians and royals know about, so if you speak up about it you will be killed.”

The boys nodded at the man’s threatening gaze.

 

“Chunji, what are you doing?” asked Sungyeol, looking around the temple to see the colored crystals flying out of the wall.

“I’m going to temporarily seal this door…” said the wounded prince, barely being able to move without pain surging through him.

“Shouldn’t you wait until you are fully healed?” asked Niel worriedly.

“Why? So they can kill innocent people and the Devil can rise again?” said Chunji, not looking away from the intense magic he was performing.

“Chunji, you are over working yourself.”

“I don’t care…”

“Hyung…”

“Neil, silence…I know what I’m doing and what the risks are…” said Chunji, pointing his hands towards the door, all the crystals flew straight into the marble, making the white change colors around the cursed sword that was stuck in the door. The black was shifting around too, making the colored area the middle of the doors and the black be the outside area of the doors. Chunji groaned in serious pain, falling to his knees, taking in short and shallow breaths.

“Chunji?” asked Niel, his voice thick with worry.

“That should do the trick and buy us more time to put up defenses around the Royal City…” muttered the prince, who barely had any energy left.

“Hyung…” called Sungyeol, however, he was not heard as the prince slowly passed out.

“CHUNJI!” Called Hoya, running to the place where the unconscious and severely wounded prince lay, the mortals followed him into the temple, however, instead of looking at the prince, they caught sight of the mystical doors that sat there changing colors.

 

 

Hope you all enjoyed and I hope I'll get more comments...Anyways, happy New Years to all my lovely readers and subscribers, this was the last of my stories started in 2011! This year has held some great things for me, one of which being the start of my AFF account! :D

 

Also, I need another character in this fic so, I'm going to have a little contest, guess my age, the one who is the closest will get to make up a character, male or female, to be in the story. :D So, what age do you think I am? (Those of you who know, please give others a chance before commenting! Thank you!)