The Suspenseful Weeks

Awoken in a Distant Land

“Wahh! The wonderful smell of not polluted air! It’s amazing, right L.Joe?” asked L, as he and the other six walked down the beach of Udo Island they were already three days into their trip and there seemed to be less people in the village now. When they asked what happened, the people would ignore them and move on.

“Yeah, if this island didn’t reek of death…” said L.Joe.

“It doesn’t reek of death,” Said Woohyun, “Right Dongwoo.”

The older boy shrugged, looking out at the clear waters of the ocean, “Something seems off here…”

“You both are paranoid, the rumors were just made up to scare us,” Said CAP, shaking his head at the two who had both stopped walking.

“Did you hear that?” asked L.Joe, glancing around to see that they were the only ones on the beach.

“Yeah,” Said Dongwoo, who was looking around too.

“Here what?” asked Hyunseong, trying to hide the hint of fear in his voice.

“Did you hear what it said?” asked L.Joe, looking at Dongwoo, who shook his head.

“They are just playing around…” said L, leaning against Hyunseong, “Don’t worry about it…”

“Hey, look at these rocks…” said Donghyun, picking up seven crystals that were changing colors, “How are they doing that?”

Donghyun handed a rock to each of the boys, smiling as he held one himself. The all admired the rock while L.Joe and Dongwoo stared at them and then at each other, they both knew something was up with the rocks and that they weren’t normal rocks.

L.Joe just sighed and pocketed the rock, “I’m going back to the inn.”

“What’s his problem?” asked Woohyun, the others shrugged, continuing their walk.

 

L.Joe sat in the lobby of the inn, staring at the rock, watching it as it changed from red to orange to yellow to green to blue to purple and repeating. He suddenly heard something, the voice was warped though and it sounded weird.

“Young master…”

L.Joe opened his closed eyes wide with in a second, staring at the stone in shock, what was that?

He shook his head and stood up, deciding to talk to the inn keeper to see if he knew anything about it, “Um…excuse me sir.”

“Yes, what is it boy?”

“Are there less people roaming the town?”

The man stiffened up, turning his head down to look at the counter he was polishing. L.Joe sighed, seeing that he wasn’t going to get an answer any time soon. He took the stone out of his pocket, setting it on the counter.

“What is with this rock?” asked L.Joe, he looked at the innkeeper in shock when the man backed away in horror, the horror marked on his face frightened L.Joe, what would make the man so afraid of this stone?

 L.Joe took the stone back and sighed as the elderly man scurried away muttering foreign words to himself, the language didn’t sound like one in the world, maybe he just heard the man improperly. He sighed and went back to his room.

 

“Young master.”

“What is it Niel?” asked the prince, holding the stone in his necklace, he had felt an unusual jolt of electricity.

“Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi just entered the forest to look for you…” said Niel, “They are heading this way.”

The prince sighed, running off towards the lake he knew that they wouldn’t be able to catch him if he made it to the other side without being seen by either one. The prince took off running, not looking back at the boy who alerted him of the oncoming guardians.

“Chunji, you know you shouldn’t be going to the temple! It’s dangerous, demons are constantly coming in and out of there now-a-days and Jaejoong said it’s too dangerous for anyone to go there at the moment!” yelled Niel.

“Then stay there!” yelled the prince.

“CHUNJI!” yelled a deeper voice, the prince glanced over his shoulder and cursed, his guardian spotted him and already knew where he was headed, he suddenly ran into something and looked up, seeing his second guardian towering over him, the older male’s smile showing how smug he was as he grabbed a hold of the prince’s thin wrist.

 

“Then stay there!”

“CHUNJI!”

L.Joe shot into his sitting position, he was covered in a thin layer of sweat. His dream had started out as a nightmare, but as it continued on, it turned into a weird scene of some unknown place with unknown people, he felt like something was calling to him, but he didn’t know just what it was.

“L.Joe, you alright there?” asked Woohyun, seeing that the younger male was panting and sweating up a storm.

“Yeah…I guess,” Said the boy rubbing his throbbing temples as he thought about what that dream was about.

 

A few days later, the seven walked into the lobby to see their classmates panicking.

“What’s wrong?” asked Myungsoo, looking at the group of girls in front of them.

“Mr. Jung and Mrs. Kim disappeared!” said a panic stricken girl.

The seven looked at each other in shock, walking around town, there were fewer civilians and the ones who were there avoided them like they were some type of plague.

 

The Devil laughed as his two servants stood behind him, he stared at the seven confused humans who held the rocks from the land above. He chuckled, “To think that stupid boy was the reason you all can’t touch the seven earthlings…Shindong, you failed to bring him to me from what I understand, is that correct?”

“Y-yes…” said the chubby man, “His powers are a lot strong than we expected.”

The Devil laughed again, “You are such a disappointment, if you would have gotten him when I asked you to, the seven wouldn’t have to have been brought into our mess and they could’ve been MY food.”

The chubby man trembled, “S-s-sorry s-s-sir…”

“Siwon, I trust that you’ll be able to do better than this oversized piece of meat, bring me the boys and/or the prince! Don’t return until you have one!” yelled the Devil, he turned his blood red eyes at the other, shorter, chubbier demon, “You are in charge of cleaning up the bodies that don’t have souls anymore!”

“Y-yes sir…” stuttered out the chubbier man.

 

“Guys like I had said before, coming to this island was a big, fat mistake!” said L.Joe, “I’m too young to die…”

“L.Joe, you aren’t going to die,” Said L repeating what had been said days earlier, “They are probably just trying to play a prank on us all.”

“L, I wouldn’t be too sure of that.” Said L.Joe, the others nodded.

“I’ll show you…” muttered L.

“What, how can you show us something that strikes at night?” asked L.Joe, looking at the male who shrugged.

As the week went on they all noticed the number of students began to decrease the each night, each night, the boys were having weird dreams of the unknown realm, the realm that was being invaded by demons.

 

Meanwhile in the other realm, the prince was working hard within the spirit spring, he knew the dangers of leaving the seven boys who he had saved in their world, he knew the danger that they had been in before was far worse than the danger they were in now, but he was still worried.

“Chunji are you sure we should be doing this? I mean, yeah, you’ve teleported plants and animals from their world into ours, but come on, people? Are you sure there is no way you’ll kill them?” asked Niel biting his lip, “Why do I have to be the one who takes care of them the first few days they are here?”

“Because, Niel, ever since you let me get caught by Zhou Mi and Kyuhyun, I’ve been grounded…” said Chunji, working hard as he placed the crystals into their positions in the star formation they were in, in the bottom of the spring, “There, all we have to do is wait for them to come close to the gate in their realm…”

“So in other words, I’ll have to spend my days coming up here to see if they’ve come?” asked Niel.

“Pretty much.” Said Chunji, smiling as he quickly ran off, “Have fun, Niel, tell me when they arrive.”

“How?” asked Niel.

Chunji threw the younger male one of the stones, “Through that!”

Niel sighed and nodded, “Alright, fine, leave me alone here, see if I care...”

However, the two didn’t see the smirking figure that had been hiding in the tree tops that whole time.

 

Hope you all enjoyed! Also, yay! 36 subscribers, thank you all! :D Feel free to comment, I won't bite, I love to hear my reader's opinion of the story!