The Beginning of the End (2/2)

Awoken in a Distant Land

 

This is the last part of the final chapter...It is the longest chapter by far at an amazing length of 13 pages and 5,907 words!!! THERE ARE THREE CHARACTER DEATHS IN THIS CHAPTER! Hopefully you'll enjoy it and please remember to comment. After all, this is the last exciting chapter there is! (However, we still do have the epilogue!)

 

~At the wall~

Cecile punched Lane continuelessly, however, she was soon sent to the ground as her older brother simply kicked her off of her noona. Cecile laid on the ground, beside Minji, glaring up at her brother who was now touring over her. She growled out angrily, getting back onto her feet followed by Minji, both looked at the two angrily.

“We can take ‘em,” Said Minji, smiling at Cecile.

Cecile nodded, getting into a fighting stance her back against Minji’s as the two death angels circled around them.

“You do know that this wall won’t hold much longer…” said Leo, looking at the wall of light not far from where he was standing, walking around Cecile and Minji, “Father has the prince and we all know what will happen…we all know that this wall will become hell fully and the next target will be the human’s realm…”

“Leo, the hope is still there, so don’t be thinking that you’ve won already, because this battle is far from over…and Father will never get the power to destroy this wall, because not only did Chunji make it but his lover as well!” said Cecile, “and that is always, ALWAYS going to be stronger than the darkness.”

“Cecile, you and your sad, sad beliefs…there is no way this will withstand the power appa will get from the prince…” said Leo, smiling, “Once he drains the boy of all his powers…”

“Dad will never get Chunji’s powers, not without a fight…” said Cecile.

“That’s why dad is easily draining his powers right now.” Said Lane, laughing, “You really put this boy on a higher pedestal than he deserves…”

“Why are you saying that?” asked Cecile, hiding her shock within her growing anger, “It’s not even like you come close to even deserving one! Dad might have started the process, but there is absolutely no possible way that he is going to end it, because before he can and completely drain Chunji of his powers, L.Joe will come and rescue him…”

“Like one of those knights in shining armor that is in all your little fantasies…sorry Cecile, but I have strict orders to kill all traitors, and kill all the people who stand in my way, both of which is you right now, so you won’t live to have a beautiful knight in shining armor you constantly dream about. You won’t have a lover to save you, not this time around,” Said Leo, reaching out for the younger girl who backed away from him, pushing Minji way from the two as both sent an attack of darkness towards, who redirected it up in the sky, “Just let me kill you and break down that wall, it’d make life easier and the beings of light would die faster with more…peaceful deaths…”

“Leo…over my dead body!” hissed Cecile.

“Very well, then, let’s see just who all is dead after this.” Said Leo, his smile wide across his face as he stepped closer, nodding at Lane, they both attacked and darkness surrounded the four.

Cecile smiled sadly as the four were taken into their own little cloud of darkness, knowing that was the last time she’d ever see the light again in this lifetime. She glanced at Minji and said, “Make sure Chunji and L.Joe get that kid the two of us were talking about back when we were training, ok?…”

Minji opened to ask why Cecile had said that, but before she could the battle had begun and her attention turned to the battle alone, fighting alongside Cecile and Cecile’s older siblings, having an idea of what Cecile had meant when she spoke before. She had the feeling in her gut that lives would be lost today, and one of which would be Cecile’s, however, she refused to acknowledge it, denying the fact that this just might be the last time she saw her best friend alive and breathing.

 

~On the battle field~

The guardians’ energy levels were slowly decreasing, some more than others, but all were slowly falling, which meant they all were slowly getting weaker. The only ones still able to fight with their full powers were the five gods who got energy from fighting alongside each other, but even they were slowly succumbing to their exhaustion.

“How many more is there?” hissed Sunggyu, sending out another wave of water that soon froze the enemies so that Changmin could hit them with light.

“We just barely got past the one third mark...” said Jaejoong, sending out a massive gust of wind, pushing the enemies back away from his men.

“So we still have two thirds left?” said Niel, who was tending to his lover’s wounds.

“Yes…” said Jaejoong, “However all of you guys have less energy than that left…”

“We need Chunji and L.Joe…” said Changmin, “Where are they?”

Changmin sent out another massive wall of light pushing some of the enemies back and killing others, however the younger guardians’ stayed silent.

“Where are they?” hissed Kyuhyun.

“We don’t know…we were separated when we passed through the darkness…” said Sungjong, looking at the god in worry, “We haven’t seen them sense.”

“This is bad…” whispered Changmin as he sent out another burst of light.

“What is?” asked Niel, looking at the god, who was drenched in sweat as were most of them from the heat of this new bloody world.

“They’re in the hands of the devil and there is no possible way for us to protect them now…” said Yunho.

“What do you mean by that?” asked Myungsoo, worried not only about his best friend, but for the prince who had brought them here, to the world where they were united with their other halves.

“They beyond the gates of hell…in the deepest depths of hell, where our protective powers can’t reach them…Where our light can’t reach them…” said Jaejoong, “In other words, they are on their own.”

“You mean you’ve been protecting them all this time?” said Jeongmin, sending out a gust of air with the other air users while Jaejoong regained some of his strength.

Jaejoong nodded, “We’ve been watching over you all and protecting you all for all of your lives…we protect all of our people in both the realms we created.”

“However, once you pass into the gates of hell, there is no way for us to reach you, because hell is the one place our powers are ineffective.” Said Yoochun, smiling sadly, “It’s the place where we can’t even tell if they are ok and well…”

“So in other words they’ve vanished from your senses?” said Niel.

The gods nodded, “Not one of us can sense their presence now…”

“So it’s like they’ve died?” said Sungjong.

Again, the gods nodded, “They do what all the souls who’ve been sent there do, vanish from our senses, leave our control, and loose our protection.”

The younger guardians’ looked at each other in shock and a mix of horror, “So, how do you know if they die or not?”

“You will know, because the devil will become unstoppable from absorbing their powers, better yet…Chunji’s.” said Changmin.

“Is there any way for us to get in there and protect them?” asked Minwoo, looking at the god who looked back at him.

“There is no possible way with how many enemies there are here…” said Changmin, looking at the young male.

“What if we took a dragon?” asked Niel.

Changmin looked at him, and then at Yunho, “That might actually work…”

Yunho looked at him, after they both sent out an attack, taking out more enemies there.

“Hyung, what do you think?” asked Changmin, looking at the man who was panting, trying to get into his burning lungs.

The second oldest god bit his lip, “The outcome could be extremely dangerous, but at the same time, it’ll help us make sure that it ends this war with our side victorious…So, it’s worth a shot…”

“Jae-hyung?” said Changmin.

“Go…take a few of the boys with you…” said Jaejoong, sending out a gust of wind before looking back at the magnae of the gods, “You’ll need back up…”

Changmin nodded and whistled, calling for his personal dragon, “What about here though? Despite us keeping their forces here, the darkness is still heading farther and farther across the land.”

“Don’t worry about that Changmin, Chunji and L.Joe set up a wall which won’t go down just because of a collision with the walls of flames and darkness.” Said Jaejoong, “The wall is sturdy and will keep the darkness from spreading any farther…However, if the men get to the wall and start to attack it, it’ll begin to collapse.”

“Then keep the air users with you as well as all the earth, keep their forces pushed back, even if you don’t kill them, keep them back and away from the wall…” said Changmin as the dragon finally came, he climbed onto it and then looked at the younger guardians, who all were staring at him while the older guardians’ and the gods continued their attacks, “Sunggyu, Sungjong, Sungyeol, Niel, come on…”

“What about us?” asked Woohyun.

“You all are to stay here with the heavy protection…” said Changmin.

“Why?” asked CAP.

“Because…you need to help the others prevent the enemy from making it to the wall,” Said Changmin, “Also, these four have had more advanced training than you all and will be of more use to me!”

With that said and the boys on board, the dragon leapt into the air, the last the five heard was Jaejoong yell, “Don’t worry about us, we have things covered here, focus on protecting Chunji and L.Joe, focus on aiding them in their battle…focus on aiding them end this battle between light and darkness once and for all!”

“You got it hyung!” called back Changmin, before the dragon shot up into the air, breathing yellow electricity towards all the enemies on the ground below, wiping out the devil’s forces as it and it’s riders headed straight towards the erupting volcanoes which hid the gates of hell.

 

~In the Devil’s castle~

The castle was silent; the only sound came from the three running up the many, many stairs in order to get to where the prince was being harmed by the devil. They stayed silent as they ran, saving their breath. As they climbed up the stairs they had times to think about things. One such thing on L.Joe’s mind was none other than the boy they were going to rescue, Chunji. He thought about the time they first met. The time he learned about their bond. The time he learned that only he and Chunji could seal the devil once and for all. He thought about how the two had become so close in a matter of months.

His feet came to a stop at the top of the tall stair case and he looked at the two men in front of him who both had stopped in front of the giant set of black doors.

The two looked at the doors and then at the younger male who stepped forwards and said, “He’ll attack us as soon as we open this door… so, both of you find some sort of protection.”

The two nodded and went to an area where the purple flames that came from the devil could not reach them.

“Hey, kid, what about you?” asked Heechul, “I’m pretty sure it’ll harm you more than it’d harm us.”

“I have a plan,” Said the younger boy, turning back towards the door.

He took a deep breath, pushing open the two tall doors, preparing to send an attack of his own to counter the old man’s attack. Just as he suspected, he was greeted by the sight of purple flames heading straight towards him, and just as he planned, he sent a flow of yellow lightening straight back at the man. When both the flames and lighting disappeared, his eyes landed on his trembling lover who lay barely conscious on the ground, his skin awfully pale. L.Joe felt the power level and energy level within himself rise as he saw the sight of his wounded lover, he turned towards the Devil, who had then letting out a hysterical laugh before, and saw the man almost show an expression of fear that was soon covered by a expressionless mask.

“You are already too late…I’ve gotten all his powers already…” hissed the Devil, smiling widely and he rose both his hands into the air, a purple sphere appeared and was slowly growing, “You might have come too late to save your lover, but you have come just in time to see me create a weapon that will help me claim the world above as mine once and for all…”

L.Joe glared at the man who was too close to his lover’s pale and trembling body for his liking…He stepped closer and the Devil glared at him.

“Step any closer and your lover will truly be killed,” Hissed the devil, moving his arms so that the sphere was floating above the pale man who looked at the younger male.

“C-come h-h-here…” whispered Chunji, finally gathering enough strength to speak; he motioned for the younger male to step closer to him and the man who was towering over his weak and sweaty form.

“B-But…He’ll…”

“Trust me on this L.Joe…come closer…” said Chunji, this time his voice louder and stronger than before.

L.Joe looked at Chunji and saw the mischievous glint in the older male’s eyes and he smiled, finally remembering a way for Chunji to get power back. L.Joe took a step closer and the devil looked at him in shock.

“You’re actually stupid enough to walk closer when I can easily kill him here and now?” said the Devil.

“You can try all you want, but there is no way a weak, cowardly man like you will ever kill him…” said L.Joe; a cocky smirk placed itself on his face and the fire in the demon’s eyes intensified.

“We’ll see who can kill who here and now,” Hissed the Devil, dropping the sphere of darkness onto the weak boy laying at his feet and sending a burst of red flames at the older male, while his gaze locked on the younger’s cocky one.

“You really are as stupid as the gods said you are…” said L.Joe, pulling his gaze away from the devil’s and to his lovers body which was absorbing the darkness and slowly regaining color. The devil looked down and hissed, stopping his attack.

“You…” hissed the man, “You provoked me so I’d give him strength back!”

L.Joe nodded, “and you are actually stupid enough to fall for it…”

“We’ll see just who is stupid!” Hissed the Devil, suddenly appearing in front of L.Joe and grabbing ahold of the younger’s neck in a bruising grip, lifting the boy off the ground. However, L.Joe stayed calm and simply placed his hands on the Devil’s forearm and closed his eyes. He felt the power rush through his veins and out of his fingertips.

He heard a hiss, cursing, and finally felt the ground; however, it was under his now pained . He opened his eyes and looked at the Devil who was holding his arm, still hissing in pain, he saw that it had turned to stone and he looked over to his lover, realizing what they could do. Chunji nodded and smiled, L.Joe stood up and walked closer to the Devil, reaching out again, but just as he reached out, he felt a pain coursing up and down his spin. He gasped from pain, looking down at his stomach, there the Devil’s other hand sat, allowing the purple flames coursing out of his hand make direct contact with L.Joe. Just as quickly as the grip came it went and the Devil vanished, L.Joe took in a ragged, pained breath, stumbling backwards a bit before finally falling backwards from a spasm that came from the pain that was now coursing through his veins, however, Chunji had caught him before he hit the ground harder than necessary. Chunji, who was still wounded and a little weak too, looked down at him, worry shining bright in his dark orbs.

“We really are pathetic, huh?” chuckled L.Joe, his skin paler than what Chunji’s was. The younger male bit his lip as a spasm came and went.

“We aren’t that pathetic…” whispered Chunji, “We just aren’t trained well enough for this fight…”

L.Joe let out a light, bitter chuckle before biting his lip again and groaning in pain. Chunji could see that the younger male’s health was deteriorating rapidly, and he felt something with in himself disappearing with it. He looked at the man, who was looking back at him, with tear filled eyes.  The little flame of hope within him was dying. He wouldn’t be able to finish this without his lover. He wouldn’t be able to make it without him.

 

~The Castle in the realm of light~

Leeteuk stood weakly in his lover’s embrace, “Kangin…It’s fading…”

“What is?” asked the king, looking out the window, seeing the horror in his wife’s eyes.

“The wall of light…it-it’s fading…” whispered Leeteuk.

“And with it…our hope…” whispered Kangin, tears finally pricked his eyes as he held his wife closer to him, “This might just be the end for all of us…”

 

~At the wall~

Cecile punched her brother square in the nose, all four of the people fighting in the little bubble of darkness were cut and bruised, wounded from the battle they wall were fighting, their energy fading, as were some of their lives.

“AH!” came a pained filled scream from Minji; Cecile spun around and saw Minji holding a horribly bloody side while lying on the ground. The older girl’s blood red eyes locked onto her sister who was looking at her in fear, the youngest of the three siblings stepped closer.

“Leave her alone and out of this!” hissed Cecile, she had vanished for a moment and reappeared in front of the sliver haired girl, gripping tightly onto the older’s neck, not only blocking the air from entering her windpipe, but also crushing the windpipe herself, the snap of a breaking bone and the faded heart beat woke Cecile from her anger, she automatically let go of the now clearly broken and bruised neck and watched as her sister’s body fell limply onto the ground.

She looked at Minji who was staring at her in fear, and Cecile felt like the monster she tried so desperately not to be. She looked at the younger with sad eyes and said, “I’m sorry you had to see me that way…”

As she said that, she pushed the younger girl out of the darkness. Minji automatically stood and tried to walk closer seeing that Leo was about to attack Cecile from behind, but as she got closer, she was blocked by an invisible wall, that was pushing her father away from the darkness and closer to the light, where she’d be safe.

“I’m sorry you had to see me like this, but this is my true demonic self that I’ve tried so desperately to hide…” whispered Cecile, a sad smile was on her face and Minji felt tears prick her eyes s she began to punch the invisible wall.

“Don’t push me away like this!” hissed Minji, “Even if you are like that, you are still my unnie and nothing…and I mean NOTHING will ever change that!”

“Minji...This is for your own safety…” said Cecile, “I’m not coming out of here…neither me or Leo are…”

Minji looked at her in shock, feeling kind of like the world was crashing down on her…her “older sister” wasn’t coming out of this darkness…she was going to die…

“If I don’t get you out now, you are never getting out of here…” whispered Cecile, smiling sadly, sensing that her brother was coming closer, and causing the darkness in the bubble become suffocating, not only was it going to kill Leo, but Cecile as well.

“Cecile…” said Minji.

“Just make sure that kid is there like we planned…” whispered Cecile, still smiling sadly as a tear ran down her cheek, “Also, make sure Chunji knows that he was right…”

“Right about what?” asked Minji, cocking her head to the side.

“He was right about something you don’t need to know about…” whispered Cecile.

“Unnie, it doesn’t have to be like this!” said Minji, hitting the invisible wall again with her fist, “You don’t have to die!”

“I do Minji, because once a demon’s monstrous side is unleashed, it’ll consume them…” said Cecile, gasping for air, feeling tighten up, “If I continued to live, I’d eventually have to be killed because I’d become exactly like the things we are fighting…I’d become a devil…so, Minji, it’s best that I die now, when you all have a nice image of me in your heads and not when I some hated monster…”

Minji watched sadly as Cecile fell to her knees and slowly faded from her vision as she passed through the black mist, as soon as the darkness surrounded her, it began to fade and get brighter.

Minji fell to her knees weakly, looking at the wound in her side; she then looked up and around seeing that the bubble of darkness was gone, and with it, her best friend and older sister. She finally let out the tears that she had been holding back. She grabbed ahold of the dried up grass on the ground.

“It didn’t have to end like this…” whispered Minji, “It didn’t have too…”

Minji cried, she had lost the person closest to her, she felt something nuzzling her, and then something wet against her side, and she looked up, seeing the face of a baby fire dragon which was about the same size as her, if she was crawling around on her hands and knees that is. She looked at the baby dragon that seemed to be smiling at her as it her wounds.

When she looked at her side again, the wound was healed up and there wasn’t even a scar left. She looked at the baby dragon that nuzzled against her again. She forced on a smile and rubbed the baby’s chin, muttering, “How did you do that, little guy? That was a horrible wound…why did you do that?”

“All dragons have a magical type of saliva that allows us to breath out our elements and heal immortals…” said the elder red dragon, “The reason he healed you is because you are his master now…”

“How?” asked Minji, wiping away the tears that had somehow stopped flowing.

“Cecile had found and hatched the little guy’s egg and she cared for him and she told me the morning before all of this began and when you were asleep that she wanted you to take care of him…” said the elder dragon, “she knew that you could and that you would so, she bestowed him in your care…She knew this was going to happen…she has known this for a long time Minji…She and Chunji both had known this was going to happen…they both knew that to end this…they’d have to kill the devil and his children…”

Minji looked at him in shocked, “So all of this was planned?”

“Not all of it…” said the elder dragon, glancing at the slowly fading wall.

Minji followed his gaze and looked at the fading wall, “How come it is fading? No one has attacked it!”

“I fear the worst…” whispered the fire dragon, “The only possible way for it to fade right now is if…”

“Chunji or L.Joe is dying…” whispered Minji.

The dragon nodded, “The only thing the two knew was that this would be the year the gates of hell would open, they knew because Cecile’s powers were growing slowly without anyone but Chunji knowing. They knew that Chunji would have to eventually brought over some of the humans, and that they would be the ones to become guardians’. They knew that to take down the Devil they’d have to first take down his children. They also knew that it’s only possible for Chunji and his ‘other half’ from the human realm to seal the gates of hell once and for all…They also knew that Cecile had grown far too close to you.”

“What do you mean by that?” asked Minji.

“That I can’t tell you…” said the dragon, “I’ve already spoken too much…”

Minji then looked at the wall of darkness that was now just a mere five feet away from them, “What are we going to do!? At this rate the darkness will pass through the wall!”

The dragon looked at the girl sadly and said, “Minji…there is nothing that we can do…This is out of our control now, the only thing we can do now is just sit and wait to see what happens…It really depends on weither or not they can get the other healed up…”

 

~On the battle field~

“Something feels off…” whispered Jaejoong; all the others froze in mid attack.

“You feel it too?” asked Yunho.

Jaejoong nodded, “One of them is severely hurt…”

Yunho nodded, “I really hope that Changmin gets there in time, or else all of this would be fore nothing…”

Jaejoong nodded, however, that still didn’t help the feeling that was in his gut. He knew that someone had passed away and he knew that it was NOT one of the two who were in hell with the Devil, but someone all of them had grown close to as the years and months passed, despite what they were. Jaejoong let a tear fall from his eyes, as he sent out another gust of wind, signaling for the others to attack too.

However their fatigue finally hit them and their attacks were weaker than ever, especially now that they all could fell the once rage fire of hope with in them become a simple little flame. The enemies surged forward with tremendous strength, sensing that the wall of light that had been weakening them from a good bit away was slowly collapsing, allowing them to grow stronger, for their powers to grow stronger.

“GUYS WE CAN’T LET THEM THROUGH NOW,” Yelled Jaejoong over the roar of the enemies charging towards them, “IF WE ALLOW THEM TO REACH THE WALL NOW, IT REALLY WILL BE OVER! WE HAVE TO KEEP FAITH IN L.JOE AND CHUNJI! WE HAVE TO KEEP THEM HERE!”

The others all nodded, and began to gather all the strength they could manager, and send it towards the enemy, slowing them down greatly.

“We have to buy Changmin time to get there…” whispered Jaejoong under his breath.

 

~At the castle in hell~[Chunji’s PoV]

I held L.Joe’s limp hand tightly, there was still some heat there, but I could tell that it was slowly fading. I let my tears fall and lands on his face, his eyes were closed and he looked peaceful. His breathing was short and shallow and I gripped his hand tightly, feeling like my world was slowly caving in on me.

“Jerk…” I whispered, “You’re leaving me here alone…”

“Young master!” called an awfully familiar voice, I looked up and at the man who has been missing for months and his demon partner.

“Heechul…please help him…” I said my voice hoarse from my tears.

Heechul froze and looked at me with sad eyes, “Chunji…you know water cant heal the wounds that are caused by darkness…”

I felt tears prick my eyes again.

“I’m sorry that I’m so useless…” whispered Heechul, falling down onto his knees beside me. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly.

“Is there any way we could get the darkness out of him?” I asked through my tears, Heechul looked at Siwon, his dear lover who looked back and sighed.

“There is…but…” said the demon.

“But what?” I asked, Heechul looked at him with sad eyes, so he obviously knew what was going to happen. Siwon looked at Heechul for permission and the guardian nodded.

“You need to do this Siwon…we need him so we can stop this from reoccurring again…” said Heechul, “and I promise this time I will join you…”

Siwon nodded and looked at me as he placed his hand over the wound, I saw the L.Joe’s skin turn purple around the area that was being touched and I knew that, that was the darkness that was slowly being taken out of him. I looked at Siwon who bit his lip in pain.

“What is the but?” I asked, looking at Heechul, whose eyes were still glued onto his lover’s slowly weakening form.

“Whenever you take the darkness from another…it kills the person it is transferred to, which is the reason neither of us are allowing you to do this.” Said Heechul, who looked away as a thud echoed through the room, however, I looked towards the direction of the thud and looked at L.Joe, seeing that his color was finally coming back, however, when I looked at Siwon I froze, his skin was completely purple and he was crystalized.

 

[3rd Person PoV]

At the castle the king and queen let out the breaths they were holding, seeing the wall was sturdy again.

At the wall, Minji and the dragons let out a sigh of relief as the wall came back just in time, not only cutting up the cloud of darkness and allowing to let the sunlight back in, which in turn harmed the creatures of darkness on the battle fiel, but also emitting a light hue, which made the demons on the battle field become too weak to function, allowing the guardians’ who were fighting there to take a slight break and get a breather.

 

[Chunji’s PoV]

 My attention was back on my lover again as I heard him groan, I looked down and saw his eye lids flutter a bit, soon they opened and he sat up, wincing a bit as he held his stomach. He looked at the tears that were still flooding out of my eyes, he then looked at Heechul who had turned away to hide his tears for his lover, and finally his eyes landed on Siwon. He then looked back at me cupping my face and wiping my tears away with his thumbs, “What happened?”

I looked at him, “It’s a long story…that I really can’t explain right now, because the demon is back to making his weapon to destroy the land of light…”

He looked at me in shock, “Where is he at?”

“The roof.” Said Heechul, wiping away his own tears, “I’ll take you two there.”

The two of us nodded and followed him up the stairs, climbing to the roof of the castle, where the only thing we could see was a giant sphere of darkness floating over the devils head. The devil put down his arms and turned towards us, “Can’t the two of you just die already? However, you two are actually too late…meet my grand weapon!”

As soon as he said that, a loud roar echoed through the depths of hell where lava fell beside the palace like water falls in the land above, the two of us looked at the purple cloud in horror, seeing a three head dragon, floating above us. We looked at each other and then at the dragon and then to the dragons master.

“Chunji!” called another familiar voice.

I looked up and there was Changmin, Sunggyu, Sungyeol, Sungjong, and Niel flying in on the elder light dragon that automatically spit out electric towards the other dragon that screeched out in pain since it was still unable to move due to its body still not being completely formed. I saw that Changmin and the other four were attacking the dragon as well.

“Chunji, we got the dragon, you two focus on the Devil!” called Changmin.

The two of us nodded and walked straight towards the devil, smiling at him cockily, “You really are the stupid one…”

The Devil glared at me, however, before he could act L.Joe and I did. I place and hand on the man’s head while L.Joe placed his hand over the man’s heart, we both released our strongest power, his being light and mine being darkness.  Both of us watched and kept our hands in their places, watching as the man slowly became a crystal and rock combined, as he turned to rock, he froze in the position he was last in when the rock and crystal expanded, so it was very distorted and looked like any other rock out there. We all suddenly heard a gurgling noise saw that the dragon had once again turned into a giant sphere, however instead of it expanding in growing larger; it was collapsing in on itself. Changmin landed the dragon not far from where the two of us were standing and he reached to help us up.

“We need to get out of here now!” called Changmin over the howl of the wind, since the purple sphere was slowly becoming a vortex, things into it.

The ground shook as L.Joe and I climbed on and held on tight, I looked at Heechul and called out, “Come on! It’s going to be a vortex soon…”

“Go on without me!” said Heechul, “I promised Siwon we’d meet again!”

I looked at him like he was crazy, “So you are staying here?”

He nodded, and smiled sadly, “After all, someone needs to stay here and make sure that this ugly rock is never seen again…just go and seal the door before this can in the light realm too!”

Changmin nodded and the dragon rose and I looked at the man who had trained me to use the element of water when I was younger, I looked at the man who was the one who had healed all my wounds, the man who helped me become who was I was today. I watched sadly as he was left behind in this place that was soon going to be destroyed and consumed by lava. I watched sadly as he went to meet with his lover again. I felt an arm slip around my shoulder and looked away from the sight of the rock, Heechul, and the lava around him getting up into the vortex and looked at L.Joe who was smiling at me. We were passing purple mist at the speed of light, I watched as demons passed by us screeching as they headed towards their end.

As we finally passed and landed in the world of light, he helped me off of the dragon and then we watched as the last of the darkness entered the gate that automatically shut them as the last of the darkness entered them. The two of us looked at each other and nodded, we both rose trembling hands towards the gates, we both touched the hot metal and watched as it bubbled and eventually turned to stone as we passed light and darkness into it. As soon as we finished and stepped away they crumbled into ash and blew away with the wind, leaving average volcanic rock there in its place.

I smiled and looked at L. Joe, who smiled back at me and said, “It’s finally over.”

I nodded, “It is…” 

And so as Chunjoe said, the story is in fact over. However please don't unsubscribe just yet, because the Epilogue will be up tomorrow (hopefully before I go to school!) In the Epilogue, you'll see the people at the wall and who were on the battle field and what it's like for them when it ended and also, you'll get to see when they are reunited with Chunjoe...and then there will be a short Chunjoe moment that takes place a few years after the war ended and the world is at peace once again. :D Please remember to comment, because I'd really like to hear what ALL my readers thought of my story. Also, sorry about the fail at the very end...I'm not good at writing action parts (obviously). :P