Awoken Powers

Awoken in a Distant Land

 

L.Joe stood beside Chunji’s bed, looking at the pale, fragile boy who was lying in bed, some color had returned to him, but he was still cold to touch and his breathing was labored. L.Joe ignored the stares he was getting from Jeongmin, Niel, Sungyeol, Hoya, and Sunggyu, he just stared at the boy, trying to figure out why he was attracted to this boy like a magnet, he sighed and looked at the older’s empty hand, he placed the prince’s hands in both of his, smiling sadly, when suddenly he felt weird, he looked at his hands that were glowing yellow. The five all looked at him shocked, he quickly pulled away from Chunji, to see that his cheeks were slightly pink and he had a lot of color back now.

“What did you do?” asked Jeongmin, who was holding Chunji’s other hand, “His skin temperature is back to normal now and his fever’s gone down.

“I-I don’t know…” whispered L.Joe, looking at his hands that showed no sign of the thing he just did.

“L.Joe, we need to go, the last trial is going to start soon,” Said Sunggyu, getting over his shock.

L.Joe nodded.

“We’ll see him again after the trial.” Said Sunggyu, L.Joe nodded and followed him out of the room, however, one thing the two missed as they exited the room was the fact that Chunji’s hand twitched.

 

Later that day, Chunji groaned, snapping the four guardians’ watching him out of their conversation, they all ran to his bed, looking at him, seeing that he was moving and steering more than usual.

“Chunji?” called Niel, his voice soft and filled with worry.

Chunji’s reply was a groan, as he finally relaxed again.

The four guardians’ looked at each other worriedly and then they all looked out the window to the land resting in the shadow of the mountain. They then looked at the erupting volcanoes and saw the wall of fire that was slowly coming closer to the castle.

 

The third trial ended and the boys had gained their immortality and were currently at the God’s Mountains, claiming the power they had as guardians. They had been to four of the five mountains and all but L.Joe had claimed their power. Leeteuk looked at the boy with question, however he didn’t speak.

“You must climb the fifth mountain, which has never been or had to be climbed before…” said Kangin, “This Mountain represents light and the god Changmin…so if you claim the power within this temple you will be the first ever light element guardian, so go now, L.Joe. Go to the temple that you feel is calling you…”

The boy nodded, and started his journey of climbing the mountain.

After an hour of climbing, he made it to the peak of the mountain, where the grand temple was waiting for him. He took a deep breath and walked into the golden temple. There in the middle of the temple burned a dull flame; it was duller than the other temple’s flames. His brain was saying not to go near it while his body forced him to. He stuck his hand out; slowly the flame began to grow larger and larger.

“What are you doing!?” hissed out a creature from the depths of the temple, shocking L.Joe to the point, he lost concentration and allowed the flame to shrink to a size smaller than it was when he came into the room. 

“I’m here to claim the power of light…” said L.Joe.

Suddenly, the ground shook and L.Joe knew that the ancient dragon was coming out of his hiding place.

“Why do you deserve the power?” hissed the dragon, which could easily step on him and smash him.

“To protect the world,” I said.

“Why would you want to protect this world? After all, you can go back to your home land. You don’t have to stay here,” Hissed the dragon.

“I can’t go back there anymore,” said L.Joe with confidence, “I’m already tied to this land…I’m already tied to those who are here…”

The dragon looked at him, in shock.

“I can’t go back, not now, I’ve become too attached to this land…I’ve become too attached to the people here and I’ll do everything thing to protect this land and the people.” Said L.Joe, images of the others flashed through his mind, the last of the unconscious prince. He took a deep breath and got onto the ground, bowing to the dragon in front of him, “Please, allow me to obtain this power…please allow me to aid in this war…”

“You do not need my power…” Said the dragon, L. Joe looked at the dragon, his face darkening, “You have your own…”

“What?”

“What you did to the prince is power you’ve gathered from him…when you were brought over here, some of his powers were transferred over to you…” said the dragon,“How do I know this? Well, Light is never meant to be possessed by those who aren’t royals, or aren’t meant to be royals.”

“What do you mean by that?” asked L.Joe, the dragon just smiled.

“You will find out in all due time young one…” said the dragon, suddenly; he dropped a yellow crystal, the size of his scale, to me, “This rock will allow you to call me.”

L.Joe looked at him in confusion.

“You are my master now.”

“How, the gods’ are your masters.”

No, you are…” said a second dragon appeared, this time a blue one.

“When the gods first created this realm with our help they said, in the time the devil returns to the surface, a young prince will bring seven boys to our world, one of which a half mortal who was left behind with we all moved to our new land, it won’t exactly be the one we left behind, but him in his reincarnated form…” said the red dragon, the green, and brown nodded, “They said that the reincarnation would be the next king and would be our master, because he was not only a mortal, but son of a god. They said he’s always held godly powers, despite his mortal form. It was just that his powers would be awoken when he finds the other half of him…the other half who is godly like him…the other half who holds the path to destruction, despite wanting to protect the world.”

“C-Chunji…its Chunji, right?”

The dragons nodded, “It tis Chunji who is your other half, you must of felt the attraction to him, right? Well that attraction is like an magnet, nothing more, opposites attract and that’s what you two are, despite the two of you holding the same powers…he is the cursed and you are the blessed, your strongest power is the light while his is the darkness, you would normally thing the dark is more masculine, but it’s not, it’s feminine. It’s like the Yin and Yang…Yin can’t live without Yang and Yang can’t live without Yin…”

“So, the cursed can’t live without the blessed and the blessed can’t live without the cursed?” said L.Joe.

“That is exactly it…” said the yellow, most knowledgably dragon,“You two are bound to the earth because of that bond. As long as you two are here together, the light and darkness will be balanced until the end of time and it’ll be possible that the devil would stay sealed away forever, however, if you do get the devil sealed away again, as soon as one of you leave that seal will be broken and he will once again roam the surface.”

“So, I have to stay beside him?”

The dragons nodded, “Yes, master. You should get going; the devil’s forces are coming closer and closer to the mountains.”

L.Joe nodded.

“We’ll hold them off long enough for you and the others to escape through the catacombs, ok?”

L.Joe nodded, “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome; protect Chunji with your life, ok? Even though I said you two are what keep the light and darkness in balance, he’s the only one who can seal the devil for good,” Said the yellow dragon, smiling.

“I’ll protect him,” Said L.Joe, “I’ll get going now.”

The boy then took off down the mountain again, where he then met with the others and they all quickly ran into the catacombs, which was the way they came. 

 

Hope you liked the chapter and sorry if it's a little confusing, I wrote it when I was half asleep. Also, if you have any questions feel free to ask me via comment or on my wall. :D