Before the Conflict

Awoken in a Distant Land

 

“Are you two insane? Has all this ‘bond’ talk gotten to your head?” hissed the king, looking at his son and the boy’s guardian.

“Appa, we are losing. It’s the only possible way to end this without destroying our people and this city.” Said the prince, acting calm despite the anger and fear he felt.

The boy beside the prince on the other hand showed that he was aggravated.

“Listen, umma, appa, you both know that the only way to end this is to confront Demise face to face, if we don’t many other, innocent people can and will die,” Said the prince.

The room fell silent as the king and queen thought about it, glancing out the window overlooking the land below, most of which was up in flames.

“As much as I hate to say it, Chunji’s right, honey,” Said the Queen, wrapping his arms around his lover’s neck, “We have to allow them and a small team to go face him head on.”

“Don’t worry about a small team…just send the two of us.” Said L.Joe, looking at the King and Queen, “The dragons are on our side and they’ve been gathering back up for us, we can handle this by ourselves.”

“No, you aren’t.” said Cecile, smiling, “I’m going to help.”

“I am too.” Said Minji, smiling.

“But you guys…” said Chunji.

“We all are going to go, weither you like it or not.” Said Sunggyu, “We may not be that experienced in war fair, but we are experienced fighters, so we are going to go with you.”

Chunji let out a long sigh and looked at L.Joe, talking to the younger through his eyes; both came up with a decision and in unison said, “Fine.”

“Chunji, from here on out, you are in charge of the attack then,” Said the King, “So, what are your orders?”

“Father, you and mother should make a defensive wall with the help of Kibum, Henry, and Sungmin,”  said Chunji, “Also, get all the villagers underground into the protective bunkers, just in case the enemies do get past us, alright?”

The King and Queen smiled sadly and nodded, “Good luck boys. Kibum has some armor waiting for you, so be sure to drop by his house before you leave.”

The two nodded and looked at the King and Queen who both stared at them in worry. The two then turned around to leave, heading towards Kibum’s house with the others, however, before they could step out of the throne room, Chunji’s name was called.

“Chunji…”

The prince turned around and looked at his mother.

“Be careful, ok?”

The boy nodded and said, “I will umma.”

He then turned back to the others and led them out of the castle with a look of determination on his face. He wouldn’t allow his friends, family, or people to get hurt again.

 

This chapter was rewriten, it's a lot better than it used to be, so I hope you all enjoyed it! :D (I know it's short)