Chunji Wakes Up

Awoken in a Distant Land

 

[Chunji’s PoV]

I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes to be blinded by a bright light, however, that light wasn’t from a actual light but L.Joe, who seemed to be glowing, I groaned and rolled away from him groaning as I closed my eyes again. He chuckled; I then looked at Jeongmin and then noticed that Zhou Mi and Kyuhyun were nowhere near me.

I sat up quickly, wincing and holding my head that felt like it was splitting, I looked around to see that I was in my room, I then looked at the others, “What is going on? Where are Zhou Mi and Kyuhyun?”

“We are your guardian’s.” Said Jeongmin, “Zhou Mi and Kyuhyun are out on the battle field holding up the defenses with the gods…”

“How long was I asleep?”

“Two weeks…” said Sungyeol.

I looked at L.Joe, “The trials?”

“They are already over, as are the exams.” Said L.Joe.

I looked at Niel, “The exams?”

“Those who passed the final trials are all full time guardians’ now and have been assigned to locations around the city…With the exception of L.Joe who was assigned to be your guardian and only guardian when you woke up.” Said Niel, “So, we have to get going, we have jobs to do, which are setting up defenses around the city.”

Before I could say anything, they left me with L.Joe; I looked at him, “Was I really out that long?”

They nodded, “You really have been out that long.”

I sighed, and then I remembered that the Devil was out, as soon as I remembered I threw off the blankets and stood up on weak legs.

“Chunji…” said L.Joe, “you shouldn’t be up.”              

“The devil’s forces, I have to see where they are at…” I said, looking at L.Joe, gripping onto the front of his shirt, “I need to see…”

He nodded in understanding and helped me walk to the throne room where a large window covered one of the walls, he helped me over to it and I looked at it in shock, the enemy was already just three days away.

“How are they traveling so quickly?” I hissed.

“The devil got his sword back…” said L.Joe, “Plus, the devil is getting stronger with each day that passes…”

I sighed, resting my head in my hands, “What are we going to do? If they continue on like this they’ll have control of the city with in the next week. They’ll have half the people killed…”

“We’ll evacuate the city then…” said L.Joe.

“L.Joe, that’s worse.” I said, “If we did that it’d leave them defenseless and it would make it easier for the undead to kill the mortals off…”

He sighed, “Then what can we do?”

I looked at him and shook my head, “There is nothing…other than face them head on before they reach the city, because once they reach here, the whole city will have no possibility of living…”

“We’ll have to do that then,” Said L.Joe, “Kibum has finished armor that will allow you to maximize the strength of your power without being worn out by doing so.”

“So, in other words commit suicide?” I said, looking at the boy.

“No necessarily…” said the younger male, pulling out a stone.

I looked at the crystal in shock, “H-How did you get this?”

“The dragons gave it to me after the trials, they said that I had to find my other half, my powers would awaken…” said L.Joe, “They told me that when I found my other half, our power’s would be as strong as the gods, also they said that I could call them whenever I need to.”

I looked at him in shock, whispering, “I’m that other half aren’t I?”

“Surprisingly, yes, you are…” said L.Joe, smiling at me, “it’s weird isn’t it?”

“What?” I asked, looking at him while tilting my head to the side a bit, not really understanding what he was trying to say.

“How before this we could barely talk to each other, how we felt nothing, but now we both feel that bond pulling us together.” Said L.Joe, suddenly wrapping around my waist, and resting his chin on my shoulder, I looked at him in shock.

My heart began to race in my chest and I didn’t know what this feeling stirring in my chest was, I didn’t know why it was there and why it came about only around L.Joe. Suddenly, Minji’s little song came back into my head and I blushed, how could they know it before I did? How could they see this bond before I did?

“Chunji…”

“Huh?” I replied, snapping out of my gaze and looking at L.Joe, shocked to see him face to face with me, I flushed red and he smiled.

“You’re so cute, you know that, right?” whispered L.Joe.

“I am not…” I stuttered out, only to earn a laugh and a chuckle from him.

“Fine, you’re beautiful,” Said the boy.

“I am not! I’m handsome, not beautiful…” I said pouting and trying to ignore my pounding heart and the heat pricking at the back of my neck, why was I like this?

I looked at L.Joe who was smiling at me. Ok, so I admit it he’s handsome and mature…and amazing, but…what is this feeling? I looked at his lips suddenly, and the next thing I knew was that his lips crashed against mine.

What were we doing? Why can’t I control my body?

I pulled away from L.Joe, who stood in front of me awkwardly.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know what came over me…” stuttered out L.Joe, looking at his shoes.

“I-It’s ok…” I replied and kept my gaze away from him, however, I could tell he was back to looking at me, “I-I think it’s the bond doing this.”

L.Joe nodded, “I think so too…We never acted like this before, so it has to be the bond.”

I nodded, agreeing with him fully.

“Although, that kiss really wasn’t that bad…” said L.Joe.

 I nodded, but then realized what he said and my blush darkened, looking away.

 

Hopefully this one doesn't seem rushed and is better than the last chapter...the next update will probably come sometime over the week end since I have school projects I have to do...So, enjoy this until then. :D Also, this chapter was rewritten from what it originally was since I didn't like the other idea...