Approaching Conflict

Awoken in a Distant Land

 

Kibum looked at the boys and two girls, with a smile on his face, “I was expecting you all.”

“We know you were,” Said L.Joe, glancing at the older guardian who was smiling widely despite the darkness approaching the city.

“Follow me; the armor is in the back.” Said Kibum, herding the group into the next room, where armor and weapons lined the walls, he pulled purple chainmail off the walls and handed it to all of us, saying, “Yeah, it might not seem like much, but trust me, it’ll protect your vital areas from darkness attack and it will assist in maximizing your strength, which means you’ll be able to take the enemies down quicker and easier.”

He then handed each of the group members boots, “These boots will help you get through the fire filled battle field with ease and will help you go on without the fear of being burnt.” He then threw us all gloves, “They do the same as the boots, but they also help protect your hands from the darkness. I’m really sorry, but this is all I have since I didn’t have any more time to make any more items of armor due to all of this happening so quickly. I really wish I could’ve been of more assistance too, but at least it’s something, right?”

They nodded and looked at the items that were handed to them, Chunji muttered, “At least it’s something, surely they’ll be of help.”

Kibum nodded, “I hope, or all of this would be a waste of space, but judging from what the other guardians have told me even though this is a small amount of armor, it provides some assistance on the battle field. Anyways, you need to hurry up and get going, we can’t waste much time here when there is a wall of flames and demons heading straight towards the city…”

Chunji nodded and looked at the others, who all were already putting on the small amount of armor. He then looked at L.Joe, who looked back at him with the same emotionless expression.

“He’s right, we need to get going,” Said L.Joe, looking at the older male.

Chunji sighed and quickly put on the small amount of armor he was given, he looked over the group, seeing that everyone was ready, and said, “Let’s head out you guys, we have to meet them halfway…”

“Chunji, we can actually just go straight to them with the help of the dragons.” Said L.Joe, as the group stepped out into the barren streets that showed no signs of life.

“We need time to get ready…” said Chunji, “To set up our own defensive walls, just in case any demon does get past us. Also, we need to buy time for the city to be evacuated into the hidden underground bunkers.”

L.Joe looked at him, “Are you sure?”

Chunji nodded, “However, we could take the dragons to the halfway mark, to save our energy and to make sure we’ll have enough power to hold the cursed creatures off.”

“So, do you want me to summon them or not?” asked L.Joe, looking at his lover (?).

“Summon them.” Said Chunji, “Did you not hear what I just said?”

“Okay, relax,” Said L.Joe, “I’ll summon them when we get outside of the city.”

“Summon them now, that way they’ll be there, waiting for us when we get out of the city.” Said Chunji, looking at the younger male, obviously stressed and worried.

The younger sighed and nodded, pulling out the stone the light dragon gave to him, summoning not only the five main elemental dragons, but their ken as well. The others hardly even noticed that he was summoning the monsters because he was doing so, so quietly. When he was done, he looked at the older prince who was chewing on his thumb nail.

“Are you ok?” asked L.Joe, placing a hand on the older boy’s shoulder. The older boy looked at him and nodded, however, the younger could see through the lie and said, “If you want to lie to me, at least make yourself and your lie convincing.”

As soon as they stepped out of the city, and across the grand bridge leading to the city, they were greeted by the sight of not one, not five, but thousands of dragons of all different sizes, shapes, colors. They looked at the dragons in amazement, but were soon broken out of their trance when the largest dragon the yellow dragon from earlier spoke up.

“How may we be of service to you, masters?”

“We need to get to the midway point.” Said Chunji, “and we would like it if you could give us all a ride there…”

The dragon looked at the boy and said, “Is that all? That task is a simple one, and here I thought we’d get some major task.”

“That’s all for now, but I assure you, you’ll have more tasks later,” Said Chunji.

“Very well.” Said the dragon, laying down so that the immortals could climb onto it’s back, “Hold on tightly. Also, do all the others need to come?”

The prince nodded, “We’ll need them for later tasks.”

The dragon nodded, “Very well, then, we should get going now.”

The immortals gripped onto the dragon’s scales tightly as it jumped into the air, flapping its giant, powerful wings, flying swiftly and silently through the air with ease. Within just ten minutes they landed again, not too far from the wall of flames that was visible over the tree tops across the meadow. They all climbed off the dragon and looked around, Chunji was back to chewing on his thumb nail.

“We should make the walls,” Said Chunji, looking at the dragons, “Can we leave that task up to you?”

“Yes, after all, our defensive walls are much stronger than any of the ones you could possibly make,” said a dragon, cockily.

“What he means is, yes, we can take care of it, you all rest and get prepared for the battle to come…” said the yellow dragon, “Also, are we to assist you in the battle?”

“Yes, we need your help because without you all we are greatly outnumbered,” Said Chunji, looking at the dragon who nodded.

“Very well, we’ll be back before the conflict begins.” Said the yellow dragon, as quick as the dragons came, they left.

The prince looked at the others, and said, “Make yourselves comfortable, who knows how long we’ll be waiting.”

The others nodded and sat, hidden in the tall grass of the meadow. Chunji sat away from the group, staring at the wall of flames that was slowly pushing closer and closer to the group. Soon, without the prince noticing, night fell and he was one of the only ones still up. L.Joe stood up from the area he was laying with the others, whom all were asleep, and through the semi darkness and with the assistance of the faint orange-ish glow of the approaching wall spotted Chunji, who was still wide awake. He sighed and walked to the older boy, sitting down beside the older prince.

“Chunji…”

The prince didn’t move, his eyes stayed glued to the wall of fire that seemed to grow as the distance to it decreased.

“Chunji,” called L.Joe, placing his hand on the older male’s shoulder.

The older male flinched out of his thoughts and looked at L.Joe, his eyes showing his worry and fear, despite the emotionless expression he wore on his face.

“What is it L.Joe?” asked Chunji, his voice loud in the silent night.

“Why are you so worried?” asked L.Joe, “Everything is going to go smoothly.”

“For all you know everything could go horribly wrong!” said Chunji, looking at the younger male, anger now covering up his fear and worry.

“But it won’t.” said L.Joe, “You’re worrying too much.”

“And you’re not worrying enough.” Hissed Chunji, turning his attention back to the wall of flames approaching as a faster speed than before, he sighed, attempting to calm himself down by running his finger through his own hair, “If it continues on at this rate they’ll be here before the dawn…”

L.Joe turned his attention to the wall and saw that the speed of the wall had increased and that this odd sense of peace would be gone in just a few hours, he sighed and placed an arm over Chunji’s shoulders, pulling the older male closer and whispering, “Everything will go well…Stop worrying and doubting yourself so much, you are stronger than you think you are.”

“That’s not the point L.Joe...” said Chunji, his eyes glued to the wall, “I’m worried because I don’t know if I’ll be able to attack the devil when it comes to the time to do so…”

“Why wouldn’t you be able to?” asked L.Joe.

“It’d be the first time I’m using my powers on another living thing beside my teachers…” said Chunji, he looked at the younger, worry shown bright in his eyes.

L.Joe sighed and said, “Like I said before, you are much stronger than you think you are…So, quit worrying so much and get some rest otherwise things won’t go too well…”

Chunji let out a sigh, but nodded anyways, “Fine…”

L.Joe sighed, pecking the older boy’s lips, “Good-night…Sleep well, you’ll need it. I’ll keep watch and warn you when they get to the other side of the meadow.”

“Alright,” Said Chunji, closing his eyes as he laid his head on L.Joe’s shoulder, slowly drifting off to sleep.

 

Alright, so the next chapter might be...MIGHT be a long one, why? Well, it's the last and I have to fit three major things into the chapter, and I think you all might be able to guess what these three things are. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the double update. Also, we just have one chapter and Epilogue left, so this story is nearing it's end...