Prologue

Awoken in a Distant Land

“Udo Island is one of the most historic places in the world.” Said the headmaster of the school, his small, almond shaped eyes peered over his audience, the seniors of the nation’s most renowned senior high, “It is the place of the nation’s beginning thousands of years ago. It’s a really beautiful place, although it isn’t as beautiful as it was when our people first settled there. It’s perfect for the third years’ class trip.”

While the principal of the school rambled on, a group of boys sat in the back of the auditorium, whispering amongst themselves.

“Isn’t Udo Island the place with thousands of insane rumors about it?” asked a salmon haired boy.

“I’m pretty sure it is…” replied the boy beside him, his eyes glued to the slide show the head master was giving.

“Why would we be going there?” asked the salmon haired boy.

“Who knows L.Joe, maybe for the thrill of it?” replied the boy, showing no interest in the subject.

“L, come on, show some emotion, after all, the school’s trying to get rid of us,” Said the boy on the other side of L.Joe.

“Woohyun, do you really believe all the rumors about the island?” asked L.

 The other boy nodded, “Remember all the disappearances that were reported throughout the year? They all came from family’s whose relatives went to visit the island.”

“Those are just rumors…there is no proof of these, ‘disappearances,” Replied the boy known as L, still not showing any reaction about the trip to the so called haunted island.

“Boys in the back get quiet,” Said the headmaster, glaring straight at the group of boys who all sunk lower in their seats as their classmates looked at them, “As I was saying, the rumors about the island are just that…rumors. The superintendent and I both went to this island over the weekend and found it both an educational and cheap trip to send you all on. We also found it safe, so don’t worry about the island, just enjoy the relaxing trip.”

The students all replied to him with a nod, and after that, they all went to the library for their study hall, where they sat in a table at the very back of the library discussing the trip.

“It’s insane, CAP, how could you agree with Myungsoo-”

“L.”

“On this? Seriously, the island is practically uninhabited, why would you want to go?” asked L.Joe.

“Because, it’s a free trip…” Said CAP, stretching as he yawned, “Seriously, I need the excitement, this place is just boring…”

“That is true…” muttered L.Joe, laying his head on the table, “but are you sure the rumors aren’t true?”

“Positive.” Said CAP and L, “The headmaster even said so himself.”

“I see that you four almost got in trouble with the headmaster again,” Said a boy, sitting in one of the empty chairs at the table, followed by another.

“Donghyun, Hyunseong, are you two happy to be going to Udo?”

“Yeah, even though there are crazy rumors about that place, I’m excited to go, after all, it’s a free trip.” Said Donghyun, smiling, the boy beside him nodded, “Are you worried L.Joe?”

“Yes…I’m too young to die,” Said L.Joe.

“You are not going to die!” yelled the other five, only to receive a glare from the librarian.  

 

Meanwhile, in a distant land, a couple stood in a grand white marble castle, both stood in the King’s office, looking out over the back portion of their Kingdom’s capitol city.

“That boy…” sighed out the King, “He really doesn’t understand what our kingdom is heading into now that the seal on Hell’s Gates are breaking…”

“Kangin, he’ll be fine…” muttered the more petite male beside him, the Queen of the land, “his guardians are there to protect him if there are any dangers nearby.”

“But Leeteuk, our son has not been his normal self recently…” muttered the King, looking out at the god’s mountains, the mountains stood in a ‘W’ formation to the northwest of the capital city, which resided on a large mountain, the castle at the peak. 

The Gods’ Mountains were far taller and more majestic than the scrubby one the capital city was on. On the peak of the mountains sat a single temple, each representing the god the mountain stood for, they were praying spots for the people. However, the gods didn’t live there, they lived on a floating island, which was always on a move above the clouds, it was not visible to normal people and it was untrack able to even the royal family, because the island was always in constant motion, it was never seen in the same place more than once.

“Kangin, he’ll be fine…after all they are watching him from above.” Said Leeteuk, he looked at the God’s mountains, “They promised us that when they made it possible for us to have a child…”

However, that did not cease the King’s worries as he glanced at the erupting volcano far off to the northeast; the volcano was surrounded by the orange stream of lava.

“Leeteuk, I’m afraid. The two could break the seal on Hell’s Gates in no time and we both know the first person the two would be after is our son…” said the King, “The seal will probably break sometime in the next week or so…you can tell by how active the volcanoes have been recently…”

“Kangin we know that he would not dare to step foot out of the gates just yet…he’s still weak…he’d just send his right hand man…” said Leeteuk, “We don’t have to worry about him just yet.”

“That is unless they are getting out of world human sacrifices like they did a thousand years ago...” said Kangin, his face darkened as did his wife’s.

 

In the middle of a large island in the middle of a large lake, a temple sat with in the protection of the island’s large, thick trees. Half of it made of black marble and half made of white marble. It sat there, representing the clash between the heavenly and hellish forces. It was the land’s hidden beauty.

“I should have known I’d find you here,” Said a higher pitched voiced man, sitting beside the boy who sat in the entrance of the temple, sitting in the large room, which was being lit by the sun light coming through the stained glass windows of the temple.

The boy didn’t even acknowledge that someone else was there, he stayed in his curled up position in front of the door, staring at the carved markings on the door. He stared at the doors elegant and large frame that’s pattern extended over the whole wall that connected to the door, colorful gems also sat wedged into the wall, changing colors, making the wall look rather impressive.

“Where does the door lead to?” asked the boy, his gaze not moving from the mysterious, but also majestic door.

“To a land where we all once used to live…” said the feminine man,  staring at the door too, “However we left that land, because they didn’t need us anymore…”

“Why?” asked the curious prince.

“Because, they got their own rulers, when time first began in that realm, they all believed in us, but as time ticked on the belief in us disappeared and we were not needed. The people there didn’t need the demons either, because they were not only the angels of their land, but they were also their own demons.” Said the man, looking at the slim boy, who sat with his knees pressed against his chest, arms wrapped around his legs, and chin resting on his knees, “They were both their friends and enemy, so we had no more use there…so, we built a temple identical to this one over there…and the five of us joined power to create a portal, which we used to move the five of us and our 13 most loyal servants to this land, where we once again created the land and the people, who evolved by themselves as we just created more mountains, more volcanoes, more water, more temples for prayers…”

“Among those thirteen loyal servants, two were my fathers, weren’t they?” asked the boy, glancing at the gold chain necklace hanging around his neck, where a crystal like the ones wedged into the wall hung.

“Yes, they were the two most loyal, which was how they became the rulers of this land…” said the god smiling, “We worked hard, not realizing that we didn’t seal this door...we didn’t realize that the devil and his kin were terrorizing our people. We didn’t notice until Changmin found Kibum, a servant to us, lying in his temple in the mountains, burnt and scratched up…We had the Great War, and we ended up sealing them away…However, that seal has begun to break. When it fully breaks, the devil’s kin will once again torment our people and our land…”

“So, we have to be ready for them?” said the teenager, glancing at the god who sat beside him, smiling.

“Yes…However, we should have time to seal the seal again before the devil is healthy enough to summon, after all the devil is still wounded from that war and the only way for him to heal up quicker than he already is by human sacrifice…” said the god, frowning, “Plus, they have to fully break the seal first…”

“Humans?” said the boy, looking at the god in confusion.

“Mortals, like your people…” said the god.

“How would they get them?” asked the boy, his eyes showing just how curious he was.

“Through the gate way between our world and the humans…” said the god, looking at the black and white door, “This door has been sealed off far longer than the demons have and its seal shows no sign of breaking soon…”

“It’s because of the crystals isn’t it?” asked the boy.

The god nodded, “It is because of the crystals, they came from the human’s realm, so they want to protect it…”

“How do they glow and change color?” asked the boy.

“That’s something that I don’t know…” said the god, “We just brought them here when we began to make this temple. They were normal in the human’s realm, but as soon as we stepped foot into here, they began to change colors…”

The boy nodded, looking at the crystals in awe.

“Now to the reason I came here to talk to you for…Why are you here?” asked the god. The boys stayed quiet and continued to stare at the crystals, “You know your parents are worried about you, right? You know Kyuhyun and Zhou Mi are panicking because they can’t find you…”

“I know…” muttered the boy, closing his eyes, “I just don’t want to go up. I understand I’m the sole heir to the throne and a gift you gave to them, but they are too over protective…”

 

Laughter filled the castle in hell, the man laughed as he peered into the lava, seeing the god and the boy sitting in the temple which held the door to the human’s realm. His psychotic laugh rang through the halls and scared all the creatures there. A taller chubby man walked into the room, kneeling down in front of the younger man whose raven locks were cut short, but were standing up in every which way.

“What is it you pest?” hissed the Devil, “I thought I told you not to leave the gates. I thought I told you to keep watch on the progress being made!”

“Sir…I know, however, the progress is going so well that the gate should be broken any minute now,” Said the servant, trembling a bit when the devil’s laughter rang through the bare halls again.

“Finally, after all these years of being trapped in this, well, hell, we get to breath in fresh, crispy air and we get to cause some chaos for those pesky little gods and immortals…Shindong, when the seal breaks, go to the Realm Temple and break the seal with this…”  said the devil, handing the shorter man a black sword, “Stab it into the white half of the door and it should take care of the seal…when you’ve broken the seal, bring me some human sacrifices…also, while you are at it…bring me Leeteuk’s boy.”

“Yes, your majesty…” said the chubby man, taking the sword and scurrying out of the room.

“This realm will finally be mine…” said the man, confidently, smirking as he glanced into the lava, seeing the boy sitting alone in the temple, the god was gone, “You will be all mine now, you little brat.”

 

However, in two places the same thing was being said, “The seal on the Gates to Hell have already been broken!”

 

 

Hope you all enjoyed the first chapter, sorry if it was a little boring.