Awe

Together

Her

“Hmm?”

“What’s wrong?” I asked mom who was looking blankly at something.

“It seems someone left their ID card here … Lee Eunhyuk …”

I went by to look and gasped in shock. “HE’S THE MONKEY THIEF.”

“My daughter’s gone insane.” 

“No Mom!” I retorted. “This cheap was going to steal a lollipop yesterday while you were gone.”

“What?”

She then went behind the cash register and pulled out a small television.

“There’s always evidence.”

“Whoah mom, you have cameras?” I asked shockingly. “You’re scary mom.”

She pinched my ears and threatened to tell her story of my birth again.

As we watched the video, I felt like sinking into a small black hole.

“AIGOO!” She slapped my arm. “WHY’RE YOU SO STUPID, BLAMING AN INNOCENT PERSON?”

“W-WELL I WOULDN’T THINK THAT A LITTLE GIRL WOULD PUT THE LOLLIPOP IN SOMEONE’S BAG AFTER BEING TOLD OFF BY HER MOM!”

“WHY WOULDN’T YOU THINK THAT?” She scolded. “WHY WOULD A BOY HIS AGE BE STEALING A LOLLIPOP?”

I sighed heavily and dropped my head in shame. Looking at the ID, I analysed the details.

Wait … this guy … GOES TO GAE IN ARTS UNIVERSITY?! Oh what a small world, yet I never meet the famous actor, Hyun Bin.

Some day, my love. Some day.

“I’m going to return this back to him mom.”

“U-Um,” He stutters. “T-That dance was really … really awesome, and I really hope that you can attend this university.”

Gae In Arts University, a successful school with many talents in the music, dance and acting departments.

“Sorry, I’m not really interested.” I replied.

“In the school or dancing?” He remarked.

“Huh?”

“I think … if you like dancing, then you should take this opportunity to live it.” He smiled. “I’ll get back to you.”

When he left, I couldn’t find anything to say to him.

Him

“Crap!”

“What? You need to go take a dump?”

I ignored Donghae’s stupid statement and fiddled through my bag. “I lost my ID.”

“WHAT?!” Hyorin popped from no where and started to panic again. “WHAT’RE YOU GOING TO DO?! WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMEONE STOLE IT AND THEN IS STALKING YOU RIGHT NOW AND IS GOING TO FORCE YOU TO PAY MONEY TO GET THE ID BUT THEN YOU DON’T HAVE THE MONEY AND THEN YOU’RE GOING TO GET AND THEN—“

“—Aish, it’s early in the morning and I have to hear you babble.” I grunted, rubbing my ears from the pain. “Save your voice for the rehearsal.”

She smiled at the thought and nodded.

“You know the things she said might sound stupid but it could be true.” Donghae warned.

“I probably left it at home.” I shrugged.

Her

This school is so big.

Where the heck do I begin to search for a monkey faced guy named Eunhyuk?

“Uh, excuse me,” I spoke to a girl who seemed around my age. “Do you by any chance know a guy named Lee Eunhyuk?”

“Lee Eunhyuk?” She repeated in a suddenly saddened voice. “Of course I know him … I know him very well, in here—“ She pointed to her heart and sat down dramatically. Holy crap, what was going on here? “—But Lee Eunhyuk only made a hole here … a hole which can never be filled …” A tear fell out of the corner of her eye as she stood up again and then crashed to the ground again.

The awkward moment where someone is heart broken by a monkey face guy that you’re looking for.

“Um …”

“HYE KYO!” A guy yelled as he came closer towards us. “What did I tell you about acting and reality?”

“EVEN YOU, SIWON.” She cried as she stood up again. “WHY, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!”

She then ran away, flailing her arms.

“Sorry about that,” He apologised. “She’s always like that.”

I smiled and asked whether he knew monkey boy.

“Eunhyuk-ssi? He’s all the way in the dancing department.” He laughed. “You’re in the acting department.”

“Oh …” That totally makes sense now. “Could you tell me where the dancing department is then?”

As I followed his directions, a nice slow music started to guide me to where to go along with some loud chants.

“EUNHYUK! DONGHAE! EUNHYUK!”

There, a crowd filled the auditorium chanting out two names and I squished my way through to get to the front of the audience. I regret it though, because I was hypnotised. I was never used to dancing to slow and steady songs because it never gave me oomph, but watching him, was like magic.

He made every move flow in the air, and pushing his body forward to the crowd, enticing them more and more. His body was caught in a wave and his arms pulled him into the music. It was like watching piano keys dance stunningly. The other guy next to him (I assume his name is Donghae) began following his moves, they were now in sync. I never saw such a great connection.

The lights suddenly switched off and people were yelling out “HYORIN! HYORIN! HYORIN!”

A slow R&B song was playing and I found myself get a shiver down my spine.

Her voice … was … beautiful. She was wearing a white dress and closed her eyes as each word that came out of darted in everyone’s heart. It was like listening to an angel.

I took a step back in awe as the music stopped and everyone cheered.

“Aren’t they great?” A girl suddenly asked whilst standing next to me.

“Ah … yeah …” I agreed. “Um, could you give this to Eunhyuk-ssi?”

And with that I left, in shock.

Him

As the rehearsal finally ended, Sooyoung came up to me and handed me something. Was it another confession?

“Some girl told me to give this to you.”

My ID.

“Who was it?” I asked.

“I think she left,” She says as she looks around. “Weird too. She was so caught up in your performance, she looked like a fan of yours. I think she was wearing a red cap …”

I quickly exited and luckily found her talking to Park Sem. I hid behind a wall and decided to wait until they were done.

“So, do you want to join this school?” Sem asked.

She then took off her cap and revealed her long blonde hair---HEY WAIT A MINUTE. IT’S THE GIRL FROM THE CONVENIENCE STORE. Must’ve accidentally dropped it there yesterday.

“Sorry, I can’t.” She replied.

“Why not?” Sem questioned, trying to persuade her to come. OH NO SHE CANNOT. “Don’t you like dancing?”

“Of course,” She answered. “I also like food, but I’m not going to be a chef right? I like Hyun Bin but I’m not going to marry him. I like these things but I’m not good enough for it.” She then sighed. “I really don’t want to waste my time doing something that I can’t do. Sorry.”

 When she left, Sem sat on a chair and scratched his head in a state of confusion.

“Sem,” I spoke as I went over to him. “Who was she?”

He looked up at me and adjusted his round glasses. “Ah, she’s an excellent talent that the school is looking for.”

“Is she really that good?”

“Can I tell you the truth Eunhyuk?”

I sat beside him and listened.

“You, Hyorin and Donghae are performing together next week right?”

I nodded.

“Unfortunately, there needs to be four people or else you guys won’t be able to perform.”

“Then we’ll just find someone.” I suggested.

“Nope,” He stated. “It has to be her, because her talent … shouldn’t be wasted.”

Her

I walked out to the park again and the stars were out in the sky now. I guess I missed sunset.

Again, I couldn’t stop visioning his dancing. I heard it was simply a rehearsal yet it was a well done performance. Quickly, I took out the earphones from my bag and placed them on my ears, listening to the song that was danced by him.

I closed my eyes and inhaled a deep breath. When I opened them immediately, I tried to follow his movements. Waving my body and controlling my feet to flow with the music. Pushing my arms through the cold air but unfortunately I lost my steps when I span and dropped to the ground.

 “You were close.”

When I turned around, I saw him standing there and walking closer to me.

“What is this?” I asked as I got up quickly. “Did you stalk me?”

He held up his ID and grinned. “Rather than stalking, I came to give you a word of thanks.” He explained. “But I didn’t expect you to be copying my moves. What’s your name?”

“Hyoyeon. Kim Hyoyeon.” I introduced. “Although I would like to say it’s been great meeting you, but it hasn’t.”

With that, I grabbed my bag and hurried away until he grabbed my arm. We both locked eyes in the starry night as his grip on my wrist tightened.

“Kim Hyoyeon,” He spoke. “If you want to learn my moves, then come to Gae In Arts University.”

“Tch,” I pushed him away from me. “Why can’t you people understand the word ‘no’? Why are you—“

“—you were hypnotised.” He spoke and I stopped in the trance of my words. “You want to dance but you’re scared that you’re not good enough. Sem said that you’re a talent, but you’re just a coward though aren’t you?”

I shoot a fierce glare at him and curled my hands into a fist.

“If you want to live your life as a coward, then go ahead.” He mocked.

“So what, do you think you’re the best?” I retort.

“Nope,” He answered. “I just love to dance. Good or not, I keep learning. There is no ‘best’ because I just want to keep dancing new moves.”

I stared at him one more time before I left.

His provocation won’t work Hyoyeon, it won’t work! Why should I listen to a monkey boy?!

--

The next day at the convenience store, I was watching BoA’s Eat You Up MV. Her skills in dancing were amazing in the sense that her body automatically paired with the music and they connected as one.

“You want to dance but you’re scared.”

“Mom …” I spoke as my eyes fixed onto BoA’s movement. “What do you think of Gae In Arts University?”

She raised her eyebrow as she looked at me with confusion. “Well, I guess they have very talented people.”

I sighed as she continued. “But also people who want to improve their weaknesses to become talented.”

 “There is no ‘best’ because I just want to keep dancing.”

Him

“EUNHYUK-AH!” Sem called as he came stumbling towards me, huffing and puffing. “Eun … (breathes) hyuk … Hyuk … (breathes) … did … did … (breathes) … you convince her?”

“I don’t know.” I replied.

“FAJLJFADGJAGJAJG.” He twaddled. “YOU DON’T KNOW?!”

“Sem,” I spoke as I tried to calm him down. “There’s always next year to perform and by then, we can find someone even better.”

He then scratched his head furiously as he was pacing around in circles around me. “I won’t allow that! You guys have wanted this dream ever since right?”

“Well … there’s bound to be someone else.” I suggested. “Why does it actually have to be her Sem?”

“Everyone is already in a group.” He sighed as he finally told the truth. “Plus, I’d like to see her as a student here.”

Her

It was getting dark and mom was out with her friends. As I locked the convenience store, a dark shadow was appearing at the corner and as it came closer, I kicked it hard in the shin.

“Ack!” He grunted. “Hyoyeon-ssi … Gae In …”

As soon as I heard that, I ignored him and continued walking but as expected, he followed me.

“Ahjussi,” I said. “You have got to stop suddenly appearing or else you’ll be known as a in the streets. And by the way ahjussi, how do you know I work here and my name?”

“Don’t get me wrong!” He stated. “Eunhyuk told me.”

I roll my eyes at his name and stop.

“Ahjussi—“

“—look at the stars.” He interrupted. “There are billions, trillions of them out there but when they look at each other, they think the others are shinier than them when really, they don’t know that they’re shining the brightest.”

I laughed. “What’s with that corny story?”

He smiled and looked at me. “You don’t know how great you are, Hyoyeon ssi, and I really hope that you can make it to the auditions next Wednesday.” He took out a paper and shoved it in my hands. “Keep reaching for the stars Hyoyeon ssi.”

I opened the paper to see the details of the audition and then glanced back up at the stars again.

Him

“Oppa,” Hyorin hooked onto my arm. “Why did you suddenly want to watch the auditions today?”

Donghae tagged along while eating his heart shaped cookie. “Yeah,” He nodded. “You usually don’t like to watch noobies in our school.”

“Meh,” I shrugged. “Let’s just waste time.”

We sat down in the auditorium where the judges—the principle, director and two art teachers were in the front. Park Sem came in and plopped himself next to me.

“Did she come yet?” He whispered.

“Don’t know.” I replied. “Don’t really care.”

Person after person came showing a whole heap of variety of different skills. People acted, people sang, people danced, people played instruments but I wasn’t really interested in any until—“Kim Hyoyeon ssi,” The principle called. “You’re next.”

There she came out with her hair tied up and in her track suit. She bowed to the audience and the music started playing.

The music was slow and her body began moving slowly. It almost looked familiar when her body pushed forward in the air and was trapped in a wave. Her arms fluttered from one side to the next, together with her feet that stepped to each beat of the song.

“This is …” Hyorin whispered. “Eunhyuk Oppa’s dance, isn’t it?”

“No …” I stated in astonishment. “It’s … different.”

It’s almost better than mine.

“Ha, this kid.” Sem laughed proudly. “What’d I tell you?”

Like watching a bird fly, her arms waved powerfully in the air with her body stretched out.

Her dance ended in applause and cheers from the whole crowd.

“Kim Hyoyeon,” the Director called. “… Pass.”

She beamed a smile on her face and bowed thankfully to the judges.

I could only stay quite, in amazement. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There we have it readers!

Chapter 2~  Sorry if the story so far seems a tad dull but please do wait. This is just the beginning (;

And thank you for the comments, I really appreciate it. I don't mind silent readers either because as long as you enjoy it, that's all that counts. I'm just writing this for fun and HYOHYUK IS EPIC <3