Epilogue

Together

Them

It was a hot summer afternoon to which many students at Gae In were sweating and sighing as they look at the clock that is slowly ticking. Each minute was feeling like an hour and the lesson seemed to never end as their Sem was working them hard for the preparation for the Gae In Arts Annual Festival.

“Oppa!” Hyorin called as she came in and as soon as she appeared, the students flocked themselves towards her forgetting that class was still ongoing. “Oppa, control your students!”

“Haha,” Eunhyuk chuckled as he looked at everyone asking for her signatures and trying to take as many photos as they can with their phones. “Come on kids! You guys can either go outside and take your break now, or expect a kill-training from me after Hyorin leaves!”

The students ignored what their teacher was saying, heck they didn’t care if they were going to die, they’d be able to finally rest in peace knowing that they’ve met Hyorin.

“Hey guys, don’t forget that the other SISTAR members are here at the front of the school!” Hyoyeon popped from behind Hyorin to convince the students to leave, to which they did. They had enough pictures of Hyorin, it was time to move onto the other members.

Eunhyuk smiled upon the entrance of the two girls, moreso at Hyoyeon whom he hadn’t seen for a few days and all despite that he hasn’t been able to see Hyorin for about a month due to her schedules.

“Hey, how are you?” He asked.

“It was tiring,” Hyoyeon replied as she smiled back. “Teaching the other members were okay … it’s just Hyorin that was the problem.”

“Yah!” The taller brunette spoke. “You guys know that I’m here too, right? Tch, now that you guys are famous choreographers, you’re forgetting about an idol friend of yours!”

The moment the two were chuckling, in came a familiar DongDong that they all had been waiting for. Still childish as ever.

“Hyorin!” He excitedly yelled as he ran over to pick her up and spun her in a circle, with her laughing as he did so.

“Hyoyeon!” He realized that the blonde girl was beside him and hugged her too.

“Yah Lee Donghae!” Both Eunhyuk and Hyorin scolded with Eunhyuk pulling Hyoyeon away from the oblivious man-child while Hyorin slapped him.

“Yah, isn’t hurting the guy who made the distraction for you guys a bit harsh?!” He whined at the three properly grown adults. “Luckily I was driving my cupcake delivery van so I gave it all out for free. They all glared at me angrily at first, asking for Bora or Soyou and Dasom!”

“Sorry oppa,” Hyorin pouted as she rubbed his back. “How’s the business going anyway?”

“Very good!” He answered with a thumb up. “Customers are flowing in like crazy and many desserts have been on demand!”

As the four friends chatted over what had been happening at their individual places, time started to fly by and in no time, an hour had already passed.

“Ah crap!” Hyorin yelped as she looked at her watch. “I’ve got to go back to my manager now. Promised him that I’d be fast.”

“That’s all right! I’ll go with you since I’ve got to leave before my store gets too busy.” Donghae offered to go.

The two bid their farewells to Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk as they left the room.

“Ah, well I should go wash up—“

Before Eunhyuk could finish his sentence, Hyoyeon had intruded him with a hug as she rested her head on his chest.

“Yah, I smell like sweat.”

“As long as you don’t take off your shoes, I’ll be fine.”

He laughed at her remark and folded his arms around her while placing his chin on top of her head. The two closed their eyes as they intake each other’s embrace that they hadn’t have for a while due to their busy schedules in choreographing some students and idol groups.

“I missed you.” He spoke.

“Mm,” She nodded. “Me too.”

“You don’t have any more work tonight right?” He asked as they pulled away from each other.

“No,” She shook her head. “I just finished SISTAR’s choreography yesterday night.”

“Then let’s meet up at the park tonight and have a picnic dinner.” He scheduled as he whipped a towel around his neck.

The two promised a date at their usual meet up place but Hyoyeon had felt it be different. First, when she came home and told her mom that she was going out with Eunhyuk, her mom demanded that she should get her make up done and buy new clothes to wear.

“Why?” The blonde girl looked at herself up and down as she traced the typical denim blue jeans and white top.

“Aigoo!” The older woman slapped her daughter. “Don’t you ever want to impress your boyfriend?!”

“What’s there to impress?” She laughed. “He doesn’t care what I look—“

Before Hyoyeon knew it, her mom had already pulled her back into the room to change again. The woman slapped on some make-up and had done her hair. Then, she went rummaging through Hyoyeon’s clothes to see if there was anything more decent to wear, and after a lot of throwing of Hyoyeon’s casual clothes, she finally found a wrinkled dress that needed to be ironed out.

“Mom, why’re you doing al of this?” The blonde girl suspiciously asked as she looked at her mother neatly ironing the dress. “There’s no need to do this stuff you know?”

“Done!” The mother ignored her daughter’s words as she smiled brightly at the finished product. “Now go put it on!”

“But I’m going to be late—“

“—arguing won’t make things faster!”

The daughter sighed as she went back into her room to change into a new outfit. She remembered that her aunty bought her that dress a year ago but she was never a dress or skirt type of girl so she just threw it in her closet, only for it to be revealed today. Surprisingly, it fit perfectly.

When she had appeared in front of her mother, the older woman grinned widely from ear to ear, as she went over to make a few adjustments to her hair and patted out her dress to straighten it out.

“I wish your dad could see how beautiful you’ve grown Hyoyeon-ah.” She spoke while rubbing the soft hands of her daughter against her dry wrinkly ones. “Now go to your date! You can’t leave a man waiting for you all the time!”

“You’re the one that’s making me late.” The blonde girl muttered as she slipped into her flats to go out.

Meanwhile, a man is seen setting up his iPod dock after having finished preparing the picnic layout. After lighting some candles on the ground in a circle closes the area of where the picnic and music were going to be, he waited anxiously in his neat, clean-cut black suit. He took the advice of Hyorin that guys would always look good in a black shirt with no tie and some suit pants along with a pair of leather shoes.

“Eunhyuk?” Her voice made him turn around instantly and not a word could come out of his mouth as he looked at his girlfriend approaching closer towards him. She wore a simple short white lace dress and her hair was let down in soft curls that emphasized her graceful beautify. Although both of them had felt uncomfortable with what they were wearing, they lost themselves into each other as their exchange of smiles was the best thing that they had both seen for the past few days to which they were busy.

“What is all this?” She questioned as the two were finally in the centre of the circle of lit candles. “Never knew you were such a romantic guy to do all this.”

“Do you like it?” His smile was growing as he took both her hands and swayed them back and forth.

“Hmm,” She pouted as she looked at him with smiling eyes. “Could’ve been better with some rose petals on the ground I suppose.”

They both chuckled and because the sky was darkening, some of the stars had wanted to accompany the couple’s date by shining bright enough for them to feel at ease with each other. The man went over to grab what appeared to a shoebox and returned back to Hyoyeon to give it to her.

“A present,” He stated. “To celebrate our third year anniversary being together.”

“Oh right!”

She was too busy with choreographing SISTAR’s dance steps that she knew that she had forgotten something special about today.

“It’s okay,” He responded. “It’s a present for both of us.”

She raised her eyebrow as she removed the lid from the shoebox, only to find a pair of black sueded heels. She was confused as to why he would get her the worst enemy of all shoes, but he simply smirked, as he took the heels out of the box and wanted to place them on her feet.

“Hey, I can do it myself—“

“—you know these are Cinderella shoes.” He began. “They may not be glass and all, but the prince’s long lost brother found these heels for the same purpose.”

He stood up again and looked back at the blonde girl in front of him.

“To find the woman who has the perfect match,” And as soon as he took a small box from his pocket, she already knew. “So that the prince’s long lost brother, can marry her.”

He flipped open the tiny box and was waiting in anticipation for the blonde girl’s response as she saw the small diamond ring in front of her.

“Will you marry this prince’s long lost brother, Kim Hyoyeon?”

At that moment, she nodded quietly as she felt her eyes heating up with tears. The man on the other hand couldn’t be any happier and when he had slipped on the ring onto her finger, he grabbed her up in a bridal style already, spinning her around in circles as the two were madly enjoying their love together.

“Are you crying Kim Hyoyeon?” He asked while revealing the gummiest smile ever.

“No,” She sniffed as she wiped away the drops from the edges of her eyes. “It’s dust you idiot.”

“Good,” He replied as he clapped suddenly in which she saw Donghae appear suddenly and laughed when she had seen Donghae trip over after having the iPod dock. “Let’s have a slow dance.”

The blonde girl had took the hand of her fiancé’s and the two had began to dance to the slow, classical music. However, the man found himself saying “ouch” a few times as Hyoyeon kept stepping on him.

“Sorry!” She said for the fifth time. “This isn’t really my dance style.”

“I don’t care whatever it is, just stop stepping on my foot!” He complained.

“Well they don’t just call these heels kill heels for no reason!”

“They’re meant to add elegance you idiot!”

“Well it’s not very elegant when the guy keeps complaining—“

“—OKAY CUT!” Hyorin suddenly appeared from the bushes along with Donghae beside her.

“Hyorin, I thought you had—“

“—How could I miss my friends’ proposal?!” She yelled at the two while flailing her hands. “Ah really! You two are just the worst in these situations! Oppa, you should lead her properly! And you shorty! Is it that hard to not step on his foot! And Donghae oppa! How can you just trip during a situation like this! Argh! I’m leaving you all!”

“Wait Hyorin!” The blonde girl called. “Stay and let’s have picnic together.”

“It was only meant to be us.” The man beside her nudged and whispered.

“Come on,” She spoke. “It’s been a while since all of us has been together and what better way to celebrate our engagement than with our friends.”

“Okay!” The tall brunette came back. “It’s been forever since I’ve had a decent meal so I might as well live life today and eat as much as I can before I go on a crazy diet again.”

And so, the four friends found themselves to have an enjoyable picnic, they felt themselves talking for a long time and not wanting to separate from each other. Everyone was growing up so fast and it felt like just yesterday that it had began as the trio and Hyoyeon at Gae In Arts but there never needs to be a number in the people you’re close with. Really, hanging out with people have been there with you during times of hardships and joy, they’re the people that’s going to understand you the most and the people you’ll have fun with the most.

And together, Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk, Hyorin and Donghae, celebrate not the ending of this story, but the commencement of what lies ahead, a future that is unknowing to them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

THERE IT IS GUYS.

IT’S FINALLY FINISHED.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG, I CAN’T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! :D 2012 CAN FINALLY END ON A GOOD NOTE!

Hope you guys all enjoyed the fanfic throughout. It still feels a bit weird that I’ll no longer be updating this fanfic and that it’s been a whole year since the beginning! You know, I started this fanfic like a noob and it was a spur of the moment. I’m not sure if any of you have realized but my writing style was beginning to change at a point and now that I look through the beginning chapters and what I’ve written now, there is a major difference! So I hope that none of you were dissatisfied by that, I guess it was just a part of me that was changing and unknowingly, my writing did as well. Then again, I suppose that everyone goes through that phase, whether it’s in writing or in our lives, we experience new things that allow us to change and grow, learning from our mistakes! I love that line, because things such as ‘success’ can’t exist without failure. (:

Now back to the fanfic. There is one important message that I wanted to send across throughout this story, and that is, we cannot live our lives on our own. Yes I understand that independence is a great aspect of a person that builds confidence and strength within us but nothing can motivate any human more than having friends and families. Usually when we have problems or secrets, we tend to hide it from others because we fear that they’ll judge or that we’ll burden them and unfortunately, that is society. However, there are good people out there in this world who will always say a good word to us for some support. And these people are your friends. I actually should say family first but sometimes our families don’t understand and that’s why our friends are the best option! Hyoyeon, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Hyorin first started off as strangers to a blooming friendship. I find that sometimes we’re stubborn and tell the world that “we don’t need anyone” but in truth, living alone is really sad. All by yourself, bottling up your own emotions, thinking that nobody understands when really, there are crappier things that are happening in the world and although reality is a crappy world, we have to make it so that our lives are not dominated by this perspective and live life to the fullest. Nobody said that life would be easy, but doing it on your own is harder than if we were to go through life with no one beside us. Hence, why the title was called ‘Together’ xD

Goal. Another important factor in the fanfic. Eunhyuk’s goal in wanting to become a choreographer and Hyorin’s goal of wanting to be a famous singer. Why didn’t Donghae turn into someone famous and become a bakery owner? Because I wanted to show that sometimes our goals change and we take a liking to something else, and that’s never a bad thing. Whether our goals change or not, once we’ve reached it, it’s the best feeling ever.

And finally, I want to thank everyone for taking the time to read a story that I’ve written. It’s not the best, but I enjoyed the journey of writing it and hope that you all have enjoyed reading it. Whether you’ve been here throughout the start to end, or have been new, I want to thank you all! EVERYONE! I kept doubting myself that people would take interest in my story but I’m glad that you all did <3

I’m going to leave asianfanfics now as well. I don’t know why either, I’m not sure whether it’s because I finished high school and part of me is growing up but I thought it was best to at least finish this story. So this is kind of my farewell note as well :)

I hope you guys have a happy new year with someone or some people that you’re close with, make beautiful new friendships or relationships, and make goals that are important to only what you want to do. 2013 will be an opportunity to start afresh, SO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!

THANK YOU DEAR READERS, I WISH YOU A NEW 2013 THAT WILL EMBODY YOU MANY FULFILLMENTS <3

TAKE CARE!