Handkerchief

Together

Her

I was walking to school again, and the pain from my legs just kept shooting me.

“YOYO-AH!”

I quickly turn around to see Donghae rushing towards me with a heart shaped scone in his mouth.

“Yoyo?” I question as I glare at him.

Can’t he pronounce the ‘H’ in my name? No wait, CAN’T HE JUST SAY MY NAME?

“Oh I figured it’d be a cute nickname for you. Ehehehe …”

“Ehehehehe—“ I feign a laugh as I immediately pinched his ear tightly. “—don’t call me Yoyo DongDong or you’ll be sleeping with the fishes!”

“OW, OW, OW, OKAY, OKAY, OKAY.”

That’s what happens when you get chummy with me. These are my true colours.

As I let go, he rubbed his ear and pouted. “So much like Hyukkie …” He mumbled but I ignored it.

“HYUK-AH!~” He yelled suddenly as we saw Monkey-boy.

Monkey-boy waited as we caught up to him and we three continued walking to school.

“Look at that new trio”

“Yeah, seems like Hyorin’s gone.”

“In comes the old, out comes the new.”

“YOU!”

We all turned back to see Hyorin standing there, glowering at me as if I did wrong. I didn’t, right?

“COME WITH ME!” She shouts as she pulls my hand and drags me somewhere.

Wow, people these days never actually ask politely, “Can you come with me?” What happened to the days where people didn’t have to DRAG PEOPLE LIKE OBJECTS?!

“Hyorin.” Monkey boy calls but Hyorin ignores.

She then takes me inside school, to a garden in which I’ve never seen before. The flowers were blooming beautifully and the grass was—“YOU!”

Okay moment ruined.

“Hyorin-ssi,” I begin. “Could you tell me what’s going on, since I’m like … kind of involved here?”

“Don’t give me that attitude!”

“And you’re speaking to me with kindness?” I remark.

“SH!” She shushes me with her finger on top of . “You’re really annoying! Ever since you came to this school, you’ve been talked around everywhere I go and you’ve been hanging around with Oppa all the time!” She then breathes after a long never ending speech. “Before you came, everything was fine! EVERYTHING! People used to talk about me. People used to admire me. Oppa used to hang out more with me! And it just used to be us three, NOW YOU’VE RUINED EVERYTHING!”

She crashes to the ground and begins to cry while I respond with shock because I am the worst person to comfort in these situations.

I then crouch down to her level and look at her. “But you know,” I say. “You’re really pretty.”

“WHAT THE HELL?!” She exclaims as she pushes me away, to the ground—ouch. “I DON’T WANT TO HEAR THAT!”

 “But you said that people used to admire you,” I continued, crawling closer to her again in a squatted position. “There are plenty of people who still do. I, actually think you’re the best at singing.”

She stares up at me with shock as her last tear fell down.

“And I’m sorry if you thought I was stealing away your friend and your crush.”

She then quickly covers my mouth and looks both left and right like a ninja. “What is this?!” She whispers. “How do you know?!”

I pull her hand down. Her face was flustered in red, just like a ripe tomato.  

“It’s pretty obvious,” I reply. “But you should be thankful that Monkey—I mean, Eunhyuk, is too oblivious.”

She then stands up and looks down at me.

This girl is one heck of a tall person.

“You!” Again she says but this time with her finger pointed at me. “From now on, you’re my rival!”

Him

“Okay, so Donghae will have two tickets for the performance.” Sem wrote down in his notes. “What about you Eunhyuk?”

“None for me thanks.”

“E-eh, why—“

“—I’M BACK~” Hyorin enters suddenly with Hyoyeon behind her, looking confused.

“Ah Hyorin! How many tickets would you like for the performance?” Donghae asks, trying to distract Sem’s attention away from my situation.

Thanks fishy.

“TWO!” She squeals with a ‘V’ finger pose. “Mom and dad’s going to be so happy~!”

“Okay,” He notes again. “And Hyoyeon?”

She smiles awkwardly and answers, “One will be enough.”

“One?” Hyorin questions. “What about your other parent?”

“My dad died a while ago so … yeah …” She says it in a bitter tone as her eyes avoid the pity look of the others, staring at the ground.

“O-Oh, sorry …”

“It’s okay!” She replies with a fake smile. “You didn’t know.”

“I think we need more practice.” I spoke. “If it’s okay with everyone, I need to teach this girl a few more moves before the big day.”

After kicking them out of the dance studio, it was her and I left standing there awkwardly.

“Alsl right! Let’s get to some dancing~!” She says as she continues looking at me with a false gleeful expression. “What’re you doing there Monkey-boy? There’s only three days left ‘til the big day!”

I walk by to her at a steady pace and hovered my hand over her lips, emphasizing the expression of her eyes.

“Stop faking it,” I said in a cold voice. “I can’t let you dance if you’re going to pretend to enjoy it when you’re actually sad.”

She grabbed a hold of my hands and placed them down, along with her head.

“Thank you for being considerate Eunhyuk,” She calls my name for the first time.

I felt a tear drop onto my hand as she sniffles. “But I’m going to be okay.”  

My eyes soften as I pulled her head up to see her brown eyes reflecting mine. They were slowly filling with water as another drop ran down her cheek.

“If you’re going to use my hands as a handkerchief,” I stated as I cupped her head in my hands and wiped her last tears with my thumbs. “You should use it properly.”

She quickly placed my hands down and covered her face for a minute. After a moment of silence, she revealed a smile again and looked up at me.

“Sorry for you to see that~!” She laughs awkwardly and turned around, having her back faced towards me. “We’ve got no time to be doing this.”

“Hyoyeon—“

“—I want to move past the sadness,” She turns back. “And accept the fortunate life I live compared to many others because … that’s what dad would’ve wanted … for me to be happy.”

She gazes up at me with her big brown eyes with a serious look.

“This is probably the last dancing rule I’ll give to you.” I spoke and turned the music on. “Good dancing requires strength and persistence.”

That means that this girl is going to be outstanding when she dances.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here’s chapter 5!

See, I told you there was going to be an update very soon~ ;D

Hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did writing it. <3

Again, thank you readers and commenters! You guys are awesome!