Feels good

Together

Her

Today was D-Day—the Annual Gae In Arts University festival in which all the fine art departments come together to show off our special skills to each other. It’s a day where parents, friends and sponsors participate in the special events such as gag concerts, watching movies and the most popular performances that are set by the singing and dancing departments.

And I ... AM FREAKING NERVOUS THAT I MIGHT GO INSANE.

One by one, people started to crowd around the large stage and I peeked my head out from behind the curtains to see my mom sitting down in the front row—OH WHY THE FRONT WOMAN.

“Yah!” Hyorin surprised me for a second and laughed at my expression. “Don’t be so nervous and screw up the performance okay?”

“Oh wow,” I spoke sarcastically. “What great support.”

“That’s how rivals support each other. Get used to it.”

“Okay kids!” Sem called to gather us up. “Today’s the day okay? You’ve all done your best and you guys are going to be the best of the best! You guys …” He paused for a moment, as his eyes were filling with water.  “You guys … really … (sniffs)… I’M SO PROUD OF YOU!”

He then pulled us all into a group hug while we try our best to squeeze out of it.

“Okay, we will now begin with Hyorin, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Hyoyeon-ssi for their performance.” The MC stated through his microphone. “Please give a round of applause!”

The audience watched in awe as Hyorin stepped out in her beautiful white dress that danced on the ground. The music began playing softly and so did her voice. It was a sweet tone that was captivating the whole audience, making jaws drop instinctively. No cheers were made from the viewers as their faces were plastered with astonishment. 

Even though it was my second time listening to it, I still felt the hair on my skin standing straight as her high notes send shivers down my spine. It wasn’t a feeling of fear though, just simple amazement. She holds such a different character when she sings.

 “It’s our turn next,” Monkey boy whispered behind me, shocking me with a slight jump. “Get ready.”

As the song started to phase out, the curtains wiped open to reveal Eunhyuk, Donghae and I standing in the centre while Hyorin walked off the stage. The three of us synchronized our steps forward and as the music started out calm, so were our movements.

 “Dancing tells a story.”

Our bodies pushed forward in the air and our arms were pulled out back, looking like birds that are ready to take their flight.

“The body moves to not the beat of the music,”

“But to the beat of the heart.”

The song fastened in its beats and so was my heart, in sync with the music now as we paced our steps to each heart beat.

“Next rule to learn in dancing is confidence.”

I felt as though I was free on stage. I unleashed the power of my body muscles through dancing and I just knew that the audience was stunned.

“Good dancing requires strength and persistence.”

I could feel myself heating up and the sweat dropping from my forehead as I smile with joy. Even though it was getting tiring, I loved it.

Him

After the cheers from the crowd, we all went backstage where everyone except me was jumping in excitement.

“Wow, you really do have a talent in dancing!” Hyorin squealed to Hyoyeon. “Like to learn that in such a short moment—“ She then paused and coughed up some awkwardness, realizing her over-friendliness. “—I mean … you did … all right.”

“You too.” Hyoyeon chuckled.

“YOU ALL DID PERFECT! EXCELLENT! UNBELIEVABLE! MAGICAL!” Sem applauded as he came rushing to us but we all stepped back at the same time before he could force a group hug again. Fortunately, all the parents interrupted Sem’s attempt to embrace us.  

“Hyorin-ah! My beautiful angel!” Her mom called as she cuddled her. “You’re going to be one great singer some day.” Her dad nodded in agreement.

“MOM!” Donghae yelled as he jumped on her while his dad was trying to pull him off due to embarrassment.

“If only your maturity level was as high as your talent for dancing.” His dad sighed and his mom just giggled.

“YEONYEON-AH!”

“Pfft,” I sniggered and looked at her red face. “YeonYeon?”

She shot a quick glare at me and started muttering towards her mom. “Not in public mom!”

“Well I guess it is more necessary to explain your birth in public—”

“—OH I LOVE YOU MOM!” She cowered into her arms.

There I stood by myself in a packed place, staring at the family bond between people. However, at that time outcast, Sem patted my shoulder and revealed a bright smile towards me.

“Sem, you wonder why people think you’re a ert with that creepy look?” I question as I tried to avoid his creepy face.

He ruffled my hair and I felt frozen from the touch I haven’t felt for a long time. “You did really well Eunhyuk-ah.” He spoke the words that warmed my frozen self. “I’m proud.”

“A-Ah, thanks.” I stuttered as I walk out quickly. My face was slowly turning pink from his compliment and I slap it off to return to normal.

“MONKEY-BOY!”

I turned around immediately to see ‘YeonYeon’ standing behind me and laughing.

“What is it?” I asked while being irritated from her guffaw.

“You actually replied when I called you Monkey-boy.” She chortled. “I guess that can be your official name?”

“Then I guess you wouldn’t mind me calling you, YeonYeon-ah?”

She scrunched up her face as she paced closer towards me now. “Anyway!” She attempts to change the topic and puts her hand out in the empty air. I stare at her blankly and she grabs my hand to place it into hers

“Don’t you know the human handshake Monkey-boy?”

I pull my hand away and call her an idiot but she backfires with a stomp on my foot.

“Aish—“

“—thank you.” She mumbles. “For giving up your time to teach me some dance rules and most importantly, I apologize.”

Again, I look at her with a confused expression. “Apologize?”

“That day that we first met … do you remember?” She paused and breathed. “I accused you of stealing when I shouldn’t have. It turns out … you’re not a lollipop thief …”

I try to think back to two or so weeks ago where I went into a convenience store to grab a drink. When I got to the counter, the worker glared at me demanding me to pay five fifty for just a drink.

 “What?” I questioned in surprise. “But this drink only costs three fifty?”

“You’re right,” She smiled and pointed to what seemed to be the pocket of my backpack. “But that big lollipop there costs two dollars.”

I then followed her eyes and in shock, I took the lollipop out quickly.

“How did this get in—“

“—Yeah yeah, just pay it up.” I sigh. “How old are you to be stealing a lollipop?”

I begin to laugh over our first encounter.

 “What’d you say? I couldn’t hear~” I taunted but she kicks me in the shin this time.

“Your big monkey ears should’ve heard.”

“Wow, I totally accept your sincere apology.” I replied. “You owe me.”

“… What?”

“Hmm … Dinner?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number 6 is here~! How was it?

*no reply*

THAT'S OKAY! Ha, sorry if it seemed uninteresting because of lack of hyohyuk skinship but all in good time~

Muhuahahahaha--not but seriously, thank you for kind readers, commenters and subscribers again <3 It all encourages me to write more :)  I'll be updating with another chapter very, very soon!

*her-reality