Looking forward

Together

Him

“Eunhyuk oppa?” Hyorin questioned as she saw me entering the empty auditorium. “What’re you doing here?”

“It’s just been a while since I’ve heard you sing, so, care doing so?”

Her face brightened up immediately as she smiled and nodded quickly. While she sets the microphone up on its stand, I took a seat in the front row, anticipating for her vocals to send a melodious tone to my ears.

“Ahem, one, two, three,” She cleared to the microphone and tapped it a few times, to check its quality for sound. “This song is dedicated to Eunhyuk oppa who came here on his busy schedule just to hear me sing. Thank you oppa.”

We exchanged a small grin to each other and even though there was no background music supporting her, her voice itself made the song seem better than the original. From a slow, light beginning to the skyrocket high notes, her vocals truly never fails to make people bewildered in being able to share her compassion with singing.

That was one of the things I like about Hyorin, she always puts in a hundred and fifty percent in what she loves to do, in who she wants to be, in her goal.

When the song had finally finished, I stood up immediately to be the only applauding audience and she bowed with a curtsy.

“You really are something Hyorin,” I complimented as she stepped off the stage. “I regret not being able to hear that stunning voice so often.”

“Yeah, well,” She giggles softly and blushes. “You’ll be able to see me more when I become a famous star! There’s no way you can miss a face like mine in the streets!”

I chuckled lightly, but realized that she was still keeping a distance from me.

“Hyorin, you busy later?”

She raises her eyebrows and shakes her head. “Why?”

“Let’s go grab some dinner together, my shout.”

Her

I am now sitting up in my bed, curled up in my warm blankets as I was faking a sicky for I shall not attend school today because of him.

Even with my eyes open, I can just recapture that image of him and I hugging each other, where I voluntarily started it because ‘I just felt like it.’

I throw my blankets off of me suddenly and jumped out of bed, pacing around my room like a mad woman.

“Why did I do that for, seriously?!” I frustratedly yelled. “You’re crazy Kim Hyoyeon! Crazy!”

“Yes YeonYeon-ah, yes you are,” Mom stated with a bowl of congee in carried on a tray. “Poor thing, you’re so sick to the point in which you’re delusional and talking to yourself.”

I hopped into bed again while Mom placed the tray down and tucked me back in with the blankets.

“I thought you were lying about your sudden cold,” She says as I froze and she placed her palm on my forehead, touching the cheeks as well. “But your fever is rising.”

Although I sighed in relief that my mom believed my lie, I was irritated that my face was not flushing from a fever, but because of him.

“Now eat your congee, and rest, while I go back to work at the store.”

I nodded as she exited the room and slumped back into cushioness of my bed.

It’s not as if I can avoid him forever, but I was too surprised by my own actions yesterday that I cannot confront him immediately. As long as we don’t see each other today, I’ll be fine for tomorrow, but it doesn’t help for me to relax when stupid DongDong keeps texting me!

Yoyo-ah! <3

Where are you? ): Hae misses you and is bored in class. TT_TT”

Why aren’t you replying? >_<” I was planning to save this heart-shaped macaroon for you but I am now eating it. :3 MUHUAHAHAHAHAHA.

You make me cry now. D; Hae is sad and is complaining to Hyukkie but Hyukkie just yells at me and pushes me away! Now I am sobbing in the corner all by myself.

It looks like you’re just going to ignore me. Fine, I see how it is. Fine! I won’t message you anymore! :P

… Call me when you can please? :c

I sighed even heavier as I re-read the messages but at that instant, I had received a new one, thinking that it’d come from DongDong again, I decided to open it, only later finding out that it was from him.

Hey Hyoyeon,

I didn’t see you at school today and Donghae’s being a real annoying brat. Could you reply to his texts?

I scoffed upon reading it and threw the phone on the bed.

“This guy! Really! Acts like nothing is wrong with me and only cares for himself!” I spoke to the phone as if it were human. “Jerk! I’ll just let you suffer with DongDong then!”

Another vibration indicated another text and I unwillingly opened it.

Let’s see each other tomorrow and hopefully you’ll be fine then. Don’t make me worry Little ert.

I let my back lay flat on the bed now and sighed as I raised my hand towards my face again.

Stupid fever, rising again all of a sudden.

Him

Dinner with Hyorin was enjoyable for the most part, in that we did joke around here and there with insightful reminiscing over fond memories. Although there were a few silent atmospheres while we were eating, Hyorin attempted to cover them all up by speaking about Donghae. After all, he is usually the mood maker in these situations.

That’s another thing I like about Hyorin. She would always try to lighten up the mood by smiling as much as possible to make the other person feel comfortable at instant.

I offered to take her home after dinner but before she took any further steps to her house, she stopped at about a block away from it and to my surprise, turned around immediately.

“So what’d you want to tell me oppa?” She asked.

Another thing I like about Hyorin is that she knows everything about you without having to say.

“Why do you say that?”

“Come on oppa,” She began to reason. “You’re too stingy to go to a restaurant with yourself and yet you shout me tonight.”

“Ha, you really do know me well Hyorin,” I commented, yet was afraid of how I was going to continue. “And it’s because you’re a precious person to me do I need to tell you the truth … You’re one of my closest friends Hyorin, and you’re not like those typical girls who just cry and give up, you’re a lot stronger than them … which is why I really like you, and I apologize for not liking you the way you do though.”

She let out a soft sigh and looked at the ground now. “Do you like Hyoyeon that much?”

“Yeah,” I answered with a smile. “I really do.”

“Thanks oppa,” She stated with a bitter grin and glancing back up at me with glossy eyes. “For telling me the truth instead of pitying me. Finally, these long-time worries about whether you like me or not can end.”

“Hyorin, I—“

“—thank you for taking me home as well,” She continued. “You didn’t want me to go home alone in this sadness right?” She took a deep breath and rested her hands on my shoulder. “Well there’s no need to worry now! You should go home and confess to Hyoyeon as soon as possible before some guy snatches her away! What’s with that face? I’ll be fine oppa.” She said and released her hands from me, spinning around on her heels to face her back towards me.

While she began walking off, I called her name again so that she would stop.

“Hyorin! Just so you know! You were the hardest confessions I had to deal with ‘cause it was so hard to reject you!”

Hearing her laugh returned my frown into a smile again.

“Of course oppa! You’d probably be the first and last person to reject such a beauty!”

Our friendship can only grow stronger from this now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: HEY GUYS! So there you have the two chapters~! The end is really near, and so is the year. Will be updating very, very quickly so that I can finish this off in 2012! WE ALL SURVIVED DOOMS DAY. Ahaha, we can tell that to the future generation some day right? :D  Hope you all enjoyed these chappies and have a very happy holiday. As usual, I’d like to thank you all for reading, commenting and subscribing (:

I also want to put in my word for the Connecticut shooting that happened just recently and it makes me feel awful that these young children who would’ve had a great future ahead of themselves are now resting in peace. It also gets me angry that these situations are of common nature to society for some reason. I give my blessings to the families of the children and adults who have been present in the tragic event.

This also makes sure that we should appreciate we have in our lives, the fact that we’re all living and are able to have dreams, accomplish them, create a future that will be of justice and peace if possible – don’t let the small downfalls get to you, keep going, keep moving, keep living. Effort will pay off, I have no doubt. The rest is just belief.