Let it Begin

Together

Her

“YAH!”

“W-What?”

“Were you even listening to me?”

Of course not.

“Yes!”

Biting her lip in irritancy, she flicked my forehead with her strong fingers and left a marked pain on my skin.

It is clear, that this woman works out her fingers somehow.

“What was that for?” I winced as I rubbed my soon-to-be bruised head.

“You lied,” She scoffed. “Now tell me what’s wrong.”

“Noth--(flicks forehead again)—ING, OW!”

The pain on my forehead doubled from her second attack.

“You want to triple the kill?” She threatened, and so I gave in, fearing that my skull will be broken by her third hit.

We both were sitting on a bench in front of the school garden where we were told to meet to discuss further on the updates for the Monkey-boy’s surprise plan. Despite that Hyorin was a chatterbox about it, I couldn’t even concentrate on anything as my mind wondered elsewhere.

All of my thoughts were tangled in a knot and it’s all because of that idiotic monkey-boy.

That stupid monkey that somehow always arrive on time for me when I actually need the help.

That stupid monkey that has such professional skills in dancing.

That stupid monkey who’s always alone but never admits it.

That … that …

“AH, WHAT DO I DO?!” I yelled in confusion, messing my hair in frustration.

“I’m questioning your mentality right now.” Hyorin states as she slides a meter away from me.

I exhaled a long sigh as I dropped my head exhaustingly while my eyes just took attention on the ground as I was swinging my feet up and down.

“You see, there’s a person.” I began. “A person whom I’m constantly thinking about right now for some strange reason and I don’t even know why I’m thinking about this person even though this person is totally annoying and is the last person I want to think about but I keep thinking about that person but I don’t know how to stop!”

After having released my troubles, Hyorin furrowed her eyebrows inwards as she was trying to digest the information into her mind.

“So, what’s your relationship with this person?”

“N-nothing! There’s no relationship!” I stammered at the thought of a ‘relationship’ with this banana-loving animal.

“So you keep thinking of this person but you have no relationship with them?”

“Yes.”

“Then why do you keep thinking about them?”

“That’s it! I don’t know why!”

“Really?”

“Well …” I hesitated for a moment but continued anyway. “A peer told me that I have to see the good side of that person and well …”

“What were the good sides?”

“I guess the person is caring in a discreet way now that I think about it … And the person is nice to others, just not to me! Then again, the person has such a passion for dancing and …”

“Then that person must be really important to you.” She concluded. “Like how I think of with Donghae and Eunhyuk oppa all the time. We all have our ups and downs in a character but those just makes up who we are.  Eunhyuk and Donghae oppa can accept the bad parts about me and so do I for them. Eventually, these supposed ‘bad’ aspects disappear because you realize how lucky you are to have such wonderful friends.”

That’s right. That must be it! I was just over analyzing the situation. I was probably just startled by the fact that I saw monkey-boy as a friend, rather than that annoying idiotic stupid arrogant monkey species.

It’s not that I like like him, but just … I don’t hate him.

“Hey, it couldn’t be that the person you’re referring to … is Eunhyuk oppa right?”

I jumped off my seat as I looked up to her.

“No! Of course not!”

Him

“You’re not going home?” Donghae asked while waiting at the door.

“Nah, I’ll stay back.” I replied, wiping the drips of sweats from my head and neck.

“You’ve been staying back for the past two weeks Hyuk-ah,” He spoke with concern. “You’re pressuring your body too much for this concert.”

“My body’s fine,” I assured, with a smile. “Now just go home.”

He exhaled a heavy sigh and reluctantly exited the room. However, as soon as the door closed, I flopped to the ground immediately and huffed out a deep breath. My legs were on the verge of falling off and my muscles had stopped helping me dance as they gave up on me. I looked up at the white ceiling and my eyes were weighing down, and as they slowly closed, I heard footsteps barging in that reawakened myself.

“EUNHYUK-AH!” Sem yelled as he flailed his arms and dropped beside me. “ARE YOU OKAY EUNHYUK-AH?!” He grabs my shoulders and shakes me like a madman. “CAN YOU SEE ME EUNHYUK?! DO YOU HEAR ME?! WE NEED TO CALL THE AMBULANCE! HELP! HELP!” He throws me into a hug but I push him away forcefully.

“What’re you doing here Sem? Acting like an insane idiot around here?”

“YOU’RE OKAY! OH, THANK THE HEAVENS FOR SAVING MY STUDENT!”

I slapped my face in exhaustion and could only sigh.

“Donghae told me that you’ve been working hard for the competition.” He said as he calmly placed himself beside me. “And told me to check up on you.”

Out of all people Donghae, you chose Sem. You moron.

Sem had suddenly slapped my back, hard, and I flinched from the extras sore added to my body.

“Aigoo, I thought that a young man like you would have some muscles.” He says as he squeezed my arms. “Looks like there’s nothing.”

“Sem, you shouldn’t be the one to talk.”

He took off his trench coat in response to my comment and perked up his non-existing biceps.

“See that?!” He draws it up closer to my face. “See that small bump? It’s hiding a mountain of strength underneath!”

I chuckled at his nonsense and he grinned back.

“Don’t get too serious about dancing Eunhyuk-ah,” His hand then rustled my hair. “Just take a break when you need to and enjoy everything. Life is too short to stress.”

Her

When I had arrived at school today in the morning, my eyes had caught the attention of him talking to some of his other classmates. However, I didn’t realize that I was staring at him for long until he had glanced back at me.

He then waved away to his friends and started walking towards my direction, shoving his hands in his pockets. Maybe it was just from my perspective, but he looked better today than usual. Even though he always wore some sweat pants and a loose shirt, I felt a different vibe from him, something that I’m unfamiliar with. 

He’s the same … but not the same.

Wait, Hyoyeon, do you realize that he’s walking closer towards you?

I took a step back in response to each step he made towards me.

Don’t act like this now Hyoyeon, it’s only because you find it weird that he’s spontaneously became your friend Hyoyeon.

His facial expression had shown irritation and confusion as he sped up his steps now, as I walked backwards even more rapidly.

Every time he moved nearer towards me, the rate of my heart beat was increasing.

He steps once, it beats once. He steps twice as fast, it beats faster. He steps thrice as fast, it beats even faster.

RUN HYOYEON, RUN!

I turned around and paced my feet away as far away as I could get from him, and clutched my chest in annoyance, trying to control the rapid heart beat as well as my flushing face, wanting to escape this embarrassing emotion.

Not wanting to look back, I heard him chasing behind me.

OH LEAVE ME ALONE MAN.

Unknowingly, he finally caught up to me as he took a strong grasp of my wrist, which again, shot a spark in my body.

“What’s wrong with you?!”

“N-Nothing!” I stuttered as I tried to loosen away from his hold but his hand locked on tightly.

“Then why were you running away from me?”

“I wasn’t running away from you, I was walking in a fast pace in the opposite direction of you.”

“They’re both the same!”

“No they’re not!”

“Yes they are! Now tell me what’s wrong, Kim Hyoyeon!”

“Nothing is wrong Lee Eunhyuk!”

There was a momentary silence but he finally broke the silence as he sighed.

“… Forget it then.” He says as he ran his fingers through his hair angrily. “I’ll leave.”

When he turned his back to me, I saw that his legs were wobbling as he began walking away but he soon lost his strength and fell to the ground.

Instinct told me to help him quickly.

“Yah!” I yelled while trying to pick him up. “A-Are you okay?”

He pushed me back as he attempted to lift himself up but his legs were staggering as he leaned on the bus stop pole for support.

“H-Help!” I panicked as I looked at his fatigue stature. “I-I’ll get Donghae and Hyor—“

He intruded my sentence as he enclosed his arms around my shoulders, covering my mouth with his s-soft hands. He seemed to be using my body to maintain his, as he rested his head next to mine. In that instant, I felt his cheeks burning and his breathing was getting heavier as he panted against my face. I swallowed an invisible lump from his sudden back hug, and felt a distribution of heat across my body. 

There is no word that can describe the craziness of how my heart is reacting to this situation right now, it’s simply indescribable.

“Don’t …” He spoke in a tired manner. “Don’t tell anyone … (breathes) I’m (breathes) … fine.”

With that said, I pulled his hand away from my mouth and grabbed him by the waist, as I half-carried him to the road, with my other hand on his arm.

“Where … are you going?” He asked, with a clear tiredness from his voice as he wrinkled his eyebrows.

“We’re going home you idiot,” I answered. “Now stop talking, your voice is croaky and annoying.”

When a taxi finally pulled up to the curb, I carefully placed him in and hopped in afterwards.

I guess he was took exhausted to fight back with me since I even had to buckle his seat belt for him while he fell asleep instantly as he lied on the side window. His dark circles were dragging a mile under his eyes and he seemed to be showing symptoms of a fever as there was evidence of sweat from his sideburns.

That was very smart Hyoyeon, making a sick guy run after you.

“Where’s Eunhyuk oppa?” Hyorin asked while taking a bite from her bread roll.

Donghae then plopped next to Hyorin as he took out his heart-shaped sandwich. “He’s practicing again.”

“For the competition?” I asked.

“Yeah, the competition’s coming up real soon and he’s working hard for it.”

“Even so, he can’t miss out on lunch!” Hyorin pouted as she stood up, wanting to take off but Donghae pulled her back.

“Let him dance,” He said. “He wants to.”

After rummaging through his pockets and finally finding his apartment key (with the king kong key chain dancing on it—how cute, he actually used it) [a/n: remember in chapter 8 of how Hyoyeon gave Eunhyuk the present], I opened the door and quickly flopped him onto the couch. I immediately grabbed a blanket from his room and slowly covered his body with it. I filled a large bowl with cold water from the kitchen and attained a dry facial cloth from the bathroom.

I squatted down on the ground to meet his level and brushed his fringe away from his face. I was able to see his full facial features up close now—his slick jaw line, his high nose that stood above his l-lips … focus Hyoyeon! As I damped the towel in the water, I gently patted it onto his skin to wipe away the cold sweats but abruptly felt his hand clutch onto mine.

“Thank you …” He murmured. “… Thank you mom.”

As I loosened my hand away from his grip, his before furrowed eyebrows seemed to relax and he looked like a child sleeping peacefully now. I finally placed the wet towel onto his forehead and although I wanted to leave him alone to rest, I couldn’t resist the urge to keep watching him—is this how Edward Cullen felt?

What an idiot. I’m too young to be your mum. In fact, I’m younger than you by three years idiot! How would that even be possible for me to conceive a monkey like you?

“Don’t tell anyone. I’m … fine.”

“He cares more for others than for himself.”

What are you doing to me Eunhyuk?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: Chapter 15 IS OUT NOW! I wonder if you all like it D; So it’s been a while I’ve updated and communicated to you guys, because I’ve been super busy and frustrated with work again but now I’m free! How have you all been? I’m suffering in shortage of Hyohyuk moments in life so I decided to update today. It may be fiction, but it comes from the inspiration of reality (: Thank you for commenting and reading~! Gives me support to write more :D

P.S. Some of you guys were asking me for the link of Hyoyeon and Hyukjae holding hands and I don’t know if you guys have already found the video, but here’s the link if you still want it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QHe_otae9E&list=UUTPgPswbzz-IWCdwExZxHxA&index=7&feature=plcp

Credit: Hyoyeonsubs2 (Awesome channel ever, for both Hyohyuk and Hyoyeon lovers)

AREN’T THEY JUST TOO CUTE AND MAGNIFICENT TOGETHER?!

Why don’t they just date already? ==;