We like

Together

Donghae

Hello all, I’m Donghae and it is nice to meet all you lovely young ladies and gentlemen … if there are any … anyway! I’d like all of you to take a moment to close your eyes and—“OH JUST GET ON WITH THE STORY DONGHAE!” The writer yells from her computer frantically. “The readers want Hyohyuk moments!”

 “But this is the first time that the story is in my perspective! When will I get this opportunity again?!” I crossed my arms together and pouted. “And by the way! Why does it have to be Hyohyuk? Why not Dongrin, RinHae, HaeRin? Huh?!”

“Don’t make me kill your character in this Donghae!” The writer threatens from her computer, suddenly drafting out interesting storyline ideas.

“You’re so mean!”

“Hey Dong boy! This is a dancing class lesson not a daze-out-like-a-goldfish lesson!”

“Sem, please, I’m Donghae!”

“From what I know, I think your name is Idiot.” Hyukkie whispers from my side. “Now focus!”

I puffed out a sigh and caught up with the moves again as the whole class was now in sync, not realising that we were practicing for the next hour or so.

“Okay class, that’s it for today.”

Immediately, our bodies dropped onto the ground where the wooded floor cooled our worked out bodies. I was then met with a wet towel that I later used to soak up the sweats from my forehead, sideburns—heck everywhere! I’m human, I sweat. I apologize for any disturbance in grossing the audience.

“Yah,” I called to Hyukkie who sat calmingly beside me. “Aren’t you tired at all?”

“Yeah, I guess here and there.”

“Ugh,” I groaned and leaned my head on his shoulder. “Well I’m so tired honey!”

He nudged me away and I was sad that he would always reject me but accepted Hyoyeon any time. Oh my friend, you’re so cute when you’re in love!

At the same time, Park Sem entered the classroom and our peers had turned their heads towards the teachers while Hyukkie and myself burrowed our heads into our laps to escape any witness from Park Sem.

“Park Sem, what are you doing here?” Choi Sem asked.

“Ah, I’d like to speak to Eunhyuk and Donghae if that’s okay with you.”

Say no, say no, say no.

“Of course.” She nodded. “They’re right over there.”

We unwillingly lifted our heads to meet the eyes of the dorky Sem who smiles and waves like a true idiot. Knowing him, he was just excited to see us to spazz about a lady who he “almost” hooked up with, but really, he just wants hints and tips onto how to actually successfully get a lady.

Sem, even after all that, you still don’t know why you’re incapable of attracting ladies?

“Aigoo kids!” He excitedly exclaims with his eyes glowing. “Guess what?!”

“Sem,” I spoke and held his hand. “You … finally got a date?!”

“What? No!” He shook my hand off (there is endless rejection today) and shakes his head. “Remember the annual school festival where you guys performed?”

Hyukkie and I stared at each other for a split second as we raised our eyebrows, telepathically asking each other, “It’s not about him for once?”

“Well,” He took a deep breath before letting the news slip out. “I just received a call from one of the directors who have attended and they want you guys to be a part of their new music video!”

Our pupils dilated from shock and let ourselves digest the reality before I jumped on Sem for a hug, spinning around in happiness as we did so.

“WE’RE GOING TO BE FAMOUS!”

“Yes!” He replied, wiping an invisible tear from his eye. “You three are going to be great!”

Instantly, I stopped in my trance of joy as Hyukkie and I looked back at him with confusion again.

“The three of us?”

“Well yeah,” He answered, as if surprised at my sudden sullen expression. “You, Eunhyuk, and Hyoyeon.”

“Not Hyorin?” I questioned again, as I let myself off from him.

“Oh … no, well — he just wanted back up dancers.”

Before letting any words escape from my mouth, Eunhyuk spoke before me.

“Then we’ll have to refuse the offer Sem.”

Shocked, I stared back at Hyukkie in that I was able to say the exact same words.

“We can’t do it if it’s not all of us.” He continued. “We always have to be together. All of us.”

Without further persuasion, Sem nodded his head and patted our backs.

“You kids really keep a tight friendship.”

However, before Sem had began walking off, Hyukkie spoke up again.

“Sem, please don’t tell Hyorin about this. Knowing her, she’d feel bad about it and all.”

Sem smiled again and nodded, walking away.

Hyukkie finally noticed that I was watching him and cocked his eyebrow at me, as if to suggest that I’m the weird one here (which I probably am, and am proud).

“What?”

“Nothing,” I grinned and hooked my arm onto his. “It’s been a while since I’ve heard you mention ‘all of us’ together.”

He shook me off and shifted his feet on the ground as he placed his hands in his pockets.

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t act like you don’t know!” I teased—a rare opportunity—and wriggled my eyebrows closer to him. “These days, it’s been all about Hyoyeon this and Hyoyeon that and love—“

He covers my mouth in a quick motion and nervously looked left and right, for any wanderers. Maybe not obvious to anyone else, but his face was spread with a raspberry flush. It was such a cute site.

“I don’t love her!” He whispered. “And if you mention her in a teasing way to me again, I will seriously drown you in the ocean where you belong!”

I shook my head quickly and was released.

There goes my fun.

“But if you think about it though, it has really been a long time since the trio has been out together.”

“Yeah … I guess.” I could tell he was feeling the guilt and an idea popped into my mind.

“How about we all go out tonight?” I suggested. “Just the three of us!”

“What about Hyoyeon?”

I paused for a moment as I stared at his expression—it was too obvious that he liked her, a part of me was happy for his new discovered feelings but angry, that he still hadn’t understood Hyorin’s.

“You’ve become so obsessed with Hyoyeon that you’re forgetting about Hyorin.” I sighed, and expected his body to flinch quickly and that blush just formed on his face again.

Us three. Movies tonight. 7PM.”

As he walked back inside the studio, my head dropped down as I heaved out a sigh.

“Hyorin-ah!” I called joyfully as I entered the auditorium, seeing her standing on stage by herself.

“Oh, Donghae oppa, what’re you doing here?”

I walked by closer to the seating areas, and sat in the front row so that her and I were looking at each other now.

“Thought to hear your singing voice again,” I replied and smiled at her angelic-like figure. The bright light emphasized the sparkle in her eyes and her grin in return was simply gorgeous. “It’s been a while since I’ve listened to your beautiful voice.”

Although I expected her to laugh in response at my supposed joke, a part of me felt disappointed that she could never take me seriously. To her, I’m just Donghae oppa, a best friend.

“Eunhyuk oppa must be busy again though huh …”

Her grin drifted away as she clutched onto her microphone tighter and fiddled her thumbs on it.

“Hey, you know him, he would’ve wanted to come but—“

“—he has to practice to be the best choreographer.” She finished my sentence and forced a smile on her face. “I know … but lately don’t you find him a bit different?”

“How so?”

“… It seems like he’s discovered something, or someone in this case, I guess.”

I chuckled as I tried to consume on what Hyorin was trying to say. “What’re you talking about Hyorin-ah?”

“Do you understand that feeling oppa? Like, you were waiting for this present to come to you for so long, wanting it to arrive sooner but you know you have to be patient and you think eventually it’ll come … but it turns out that present is already gifted to someone else, and will no longer be yours.”

‘I completely understand,’ is what I wanted to say.

“What happens if the person, who got the present, doesn’t end up liking it?”

“It won’t happen,” She remarked. “The present is loved by everyone, especially by the person who’ll receive, I think.”

I didn’t think it would come so soon, the time that the trio will separate.

Hyorin

Whoah, it’s my point of view now suddenly.

“Do something Hyorin!” The author enters the story, frustrated at the supporting characters. “First Donghae was being … well, Donghae, and now you’re not even speaking!”

“Yah! When was I a ‘supporting’ character?!” I argued back. “Besides, I need time to prepare! How can you just randomly—“

“—Please don’t make me plan your death in a tragic accident in the story Hyorin-ssi.”

“Hyorin, you okay?”

I blinked back to reality, as I saw Eunhyuk oppa standing in front of me, exposing a puzzled look.

“Y-Yeah!” I managed to say. “I guess I just dazed out …”

“All right then, let’s go.”

“What about Donghae oppa?” I asked, looking behind his figure to not see Fishy Oppa behind him with any heart shaped sweet in his hands.

“He called me and said that he was suddenly busy or something.” He shrugged as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

My face lightened up slightly in that it was finally going to be Eunhyuk oppa and myself, hoping that something special will happen, but I had my hopes up. Throughout the entire movie, Oppa was staring forward at the movie while I sat next to him, glancing over to him occasionally, wishing that he’d turn just once to ask if I was cold, or if I wanted some of his popcorn even. He was too immersed in the action film.

When the movie had finally ended, Oppa wanted to take me home and yet, only our footsteps could be heard as well as the wind’s whistle in the summer night.

“So oppa!” I began, wanting to cut the tensed mood. “How’s dancing going on? Feels like forever since we’ve been together, so I don’t know what’s up with you these days.”

He nodded. “It’s getting harder, but I’m up for the challenge.”

“That’s good!” I say and put a thumb up.

He stopped in his steps suddenly and since I was tagging behind him, I bumped into his body and confusingly stared at his spontaneous action. He turned around to face me and patted my head a few times, resting his hand there.

“I’m sorry Hyorin,” Surprised at his apology, he continued. “For not being at your side for these past days and you must’ve felt lonely. I didn’t know, so I’m sorry.”

He showed off a small smile as I continued staring up at him. The gentle touch on my head and those caring words made me burn up with both happiness and anger at the same time.

Happy that he still cares for me.

Angry because he these tiny affectionate things he does, that makes me like him so much and yet … this gift in front of me, is already prepared for someone else, but, I don’t want that to happen.

“Oppa …”

“Hmm?”

I pushed his hand away from my head and stare right back up at him, making sure to lock onto a full eye-contact.

“I like you.”

Her

“Yah, why are you here DongDong?!” I asked irritatingly at the man-child before me. “And how did you know that I work here?!”

He grinned widely at me as he naturally takes a heart-shaped chocolate from the stand.

“Yah, yah, yah!” I scolded. “You have to pay for that before you eat it!”

“Naw,” He pouted. “Since you’re the owner of this convenience store anyway, can’t you just give me this for free?”

I slapped my hand on my face and sighed. “No freebies for you DongDong.”

“But I’m depressed~” He says with his aegyo voice as he starts to unwrap it.

“Why?”

As I halt the stacking of the ramen cup noodles onto the shelves, he leaned against the fridge and sighed.

“Hyorin’s on a date with Hyukkie now.”

I was taken aback by his comment as I repeat the words again to clarify. “Date?”

He looked back at me for a second, then looked away again.

“Yeah, I set it all up.”

“Why?”

“For Hyorin.” He explained. “I just thought that if I weren’t there, it’d be better for her to be with Hyukkie.”

I stayed silent for a long time as these entire thoughts came rushing through my head.

Him and Hyorin. Together. Date.

“Don’t worry Hyoyeon,” I stared back up and removed myself from my thoughts. “They’re not on a real date. I just wanted to give them some time together so they can talk, as friends.”

“But you’re a friend too, and you’re absent.”

“Whether I’d be there or not, Hyorin wouldn’t take notice of me anyway.”

I then pinched his cheeks tightly again and scrunched my face at him.

“Yah! Be a man!” I lectured. “If you love Hyorin so much, just confess to her you idiot!”

“You know I can’t—“

“—No! No more of this stupid whole ‘friendship is important’ thing! It’s beyond ridiculous! It’s frustrating! It’s tiring! It’s—“

“—Making you jealous?”

I dropped my hands immediately and flinched at the term.

“W-What?”

“Hyoyeon, I’m not the dense one here.” He says and smiles at me. “It’s you.”

“W-What are you talking about DongDong? You’re not even making any sense!”

“It’s better off not telling you and letting you find out yourself.”

“Ah really! You’re so annoying you! Just go home!”

He pats my head a few times and bobs his head down so that our eye contact level was even.

“It’s so obvious.”

When he walked away, he had returned back a second later.

“I’ll give you one big hint then Hyoyeon.”

I tilted my head out of interest as to this big secret.

“Think of Eunhyuk, and you’ll know.”

I always thought that I could control my body in everything since I was able to do so in dancing. I told my body to stop, when needed. To run, when wanting to escape. To speak, all these actions were in my control.

However lately, I feel like he’s overtaken me. I’ve lost the ability to stop thinking about him, to stop staring at him from the corner of my eye when I see him from afar. Instead of running away from him and these thoughts, he’s always chasing behind. Words stammer from my mouth when he says such weird phrases.

What I had thought was some form of disease or illness, had suddenly turned into a simple realization, that which I refused to acknowledge, that there may be a possibility … even the smallest, tiniest probability, that I, Kim Hyoyeon, like him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the young man had left the convenience store, he had looked up at the night sky where no stars were present in visible eye sight, only the street lights shining down at him. The sound of the crickets overtook the sounds of the distant car traffic and although it seemed like a calm night, there was a feeling of uneasiness that fell upon him. He knew that the time was going to come where everyone has to go their separate ways, but he didn’t realise it would be so soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: O.M.G. LIKE SERIOUSLY!!!!! I feel like it’s been 4829568934693 years since I’ve last updated and talked to you guys! Well I’m back and off from hiatus! These last two months was the battle of the year for me, as high school for me is now FINITO! Hopefully hard work pays off! I feel as though once you’ve undergone something so tough in your life, and when you can overcome it, you feel like you’re on TOP OF THE WORLD BABY. It’s a great feeling that you guys are surely going to enjoy, or maybe you already have (:

In any case, it seems like SO MUCH HAPPENED in the kpop world that I was aware of here and there as I checked online.

Firstly,

OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. MY WISH!!!!!! YOUNIQUE UNIT!!!!! HYOHYUK!!!!!!! THIS FEELING!!!!! THIS FEELING!!!!!! OH MY GOSH, YOU GUYS SAW IT RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? HYOHYUK’S CHARISMA IN THE CAR AND HYUK’S ARM ON HYOYEON’S SHOULDER, OH THE WORLD!!!!! LIKE, WHAT IS THIS?! THIS IS REAL?! WHAT? WHAAT?!

NOW GET THEM ON STAGE QUICKLY WORLD, SO THAT PEOPLE CAN SEE THIS AWESOME DANCING MACHINE COUPLE EVER!!!!

The rest on Younique is awesome too, but hey, can’t help but to feel proud of my biases ;D

Secondly,

IU-Eunhyuk scandal? Meh, it’s not that much of a big deal to me.

Sure, at first I was like o_O

But eventually, it was just natural for people to take pictures together, and fact isn’t fact until it comes from the people themselves, not that I’m demanding the truth from them, but we can’t be like the past and judge people as innocent if they drown in the water right (MEDIEVAL DAYS, UGH)?

Thirdly,

I have not abandoned this story because I don’t like to leave things unfinished and will complete this story by the end of this year! So do expect some frequent updates from myself :D

Oh yeah, did I mention Hyohyuk was awesome yet?

I think I shall conclude this author’s note. PROBABLY THE LONGEST ONE I’VE EVER GIVEN! xD

I just also want to thank you guys for remaining subscribed to this fic and those who have commented on the latest chapters. You guys are THE BEST, did you know that? Well, now you do ;) I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. This chapter originally was meant to be chapter 20 but it’s chapter 19 due to some editing that I’ve done throughout the story, and it also takes on the perspectives of Hyorin and Donghae. The minor characters add significance towards the story and I felt that it may give you guys a deeper insight. Oh, and there is lack of Hyohyuk here, but hey, real life is kinda up with it so, THAT’S PRETTY COOL. :3

Again, thank you for reading and commenting! Always appreciate it!

Oh and …

POSTER!