Nightmare

Once Upon A Story

Featuring: ChanLu

-------------

 

An army of zombies lifelessly marched and groaning after a screaming and running Luhan. 

The horde of vampires that had previously been chasing him transformed themselves into bats. They flew all around him clouding his vision. But nonetheless that didn't stop him from sprinting aimlessly ahead.  

"No, no! Don't come near me!" Luhan yelled aloud as he thrashed around violently in bed. 

It was Halloween and Luhan decided to celebrate with scary movies as both he and his roommate were finished their midterms. 

Luhan had never deemed himself to be overly brave when watching horror movies but he definitely wasn't easily scared either. He let Chanyeol chose the movie and that may have been a mistake since he found himself taking cover behind the pillow he held throughout the movie. 

He lied wide awake in bed for the longest time. He dared not step foot out of bed as he was afraid that something would attack him from underneath. He kept his eyes opened as he would think back to the events of the movie as soon as he shut them. But gradually, his eyelids grew heavy and sleep overtook him. 

The zombies and vampires had managed to corner him in. Luhan had no means of escape. 

"No, please leave me alone!"

The tears that had accumulated at the brim of his eyes had blurred his vision. He forced them shut, feeling the tears cascade down his cheeks as he awaited for his cruel fate. 

And once he felt a pair of hands clutching, clawing and shaking his shoulders he instinctively slapped aimlessly at whatever was in front of him. 

"Ah!" He screamed along with another voice as he immediately jolted up in bed now fully awake.

"It was just a nightmare." He breathed out in relief. He panted to catch his breath as he heard groaning coming from a nearby distance. 

'Or maybe not...' He thought to himself. 

He reached out blindly for his phone, it wasn't the best weapon to defend himself but if he hit hard enough it would stall him some time to at least be able to make it out of the dorm room alive if need be. He cautiously flipped the light switch on his bedside lamp. Luhan gasped and released the grip he had on his phone before quickly clambering out of bed and over to Chanyeol who was lying on the ground clutching at his face. 

"Oh my god Yeol, what happened?" Luhan noticed a trail of blood on the floor. "Crap, never mind. Let's get you cleaned up first."

Luhan helped the taller male up off the floor and sat him down on the bed. After handing him some tissues Luhan left for the kitchen. 

He came back in with an icepack wrapped around a towel. "Keep your head down and nose pinched, I'll hold the icepack for you." He instructed as he kept the icepack situated on Chanyeol's nose. 

About 10 minutes later, the bleeding stopped and Luhan cleaned everything up before joining Chanyeol back on the bed. "How's your nose?"

"Better, it still hurts though. I feel like it might bruise by tomorrow morning." Chanyeol winced in pain as he gave it a light touch. 

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows at the statement. "Care to tell me what happened and what you were doing in my room?" 

"I heard you screaming so I walked in and found you kicking and flailing your arms all over the place. I tried waking you up but man you sure throw a hard punch when you're asleep." He explained with a chuckle. 

Luhan's eyes dilated in utter shock and horror. So what he thought he felt in his dream was actually real and poor Chanyeol was the one that got hit, not the zombies or vampires that was after him. 

"Jesus, I am so sorry! I really didn't mean to give you a bloody nose, or hit you for that matter!" Luhan sincerely apologized. 

Chanyeol just waved him off good heartedly. "You know, if that movie was too scary for you, you could've just told me." 

Luhan shamefully avoided eye contact. "N-no, it wasn't that scary." He denied very unconfidently. 

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow in Luhan's direction and gestured to his reddened nose. "I think this is proof enough." 

Luhan sighed dejectedly. There was no way he could deny it anyway. "Okay fine, it was pretty scary-"

"It scared you enough to cause you to have a nightmare." 

Luhan nodded in annoyance. "Yeah, it did. But what are you trying to get at by making me admit to all this?" 

Chanyeol shrugged. "Nothing really. But I mean you don't have to feel ashamed of it. I'm not going to make fun of you for it if that's what you were worried about." 

"Thanks Yeol." He offered a small smile. He then caught a glimpse of the time on his digital clock which read 2:42 AM. "We should probably go back to bed. We still have classes in a couple hours." 

Chanyeol analyzed Luhan's facial expression and noted he looked tired but also uneasy. "You know what helped me sleep soundly throughout the night as a kid whenever I had nightmares?" 

Luhan shook his head and waited for a response. 

"I'd either sleep with my parents or sister. I guess just the presence of someone familiar beside me made me feel secure." 

"Alright...so uh, what are you suggesting then?" Luhan knew it was a dumb question to ask when the answer was pretty much obvious. 

"If you'd like, I could stay with you for the night. I mean just to ensure that we would both get some sleep." His suggestion was of such simplicity but he still couldn't help feeling a little shy upon saying that. 

Luhan would've taken offense to that statement but he couldn't deny that Chanyeol did make a good point. After he left there was no promising that the nightmares wouldn't continue and the screaming would surely keep Chanyeol awake. So Luhan eventually agreed. "O-okay." 

Chanyeol shifted over in the tiny bed to make some space for Luhan. The bed wasn't at all spacious so they had to be pressed against each other otherwise there was the risk that one of them would fall off. 

Once Luhan realized the position that they were in he felt the heat rising in his cheeks. He was cuddled against Chanyeol's chest, with the latter's arm wrapped around his body. From where he was lying he was able to hear the younger's heartbeat loud and clear. 

"Are you comfortable?" He heard Chanyeol asking him. 

Luhan nodded as he let out a yawn. Rubbing at his eyes he suddenly felt very secure and warm. 

The sound of Chanyeol's steady breathing and the rhythm of his heartbeat served as a lullaby to Luhan. Very soon the older male felt his eyelids drooping, eventually falling asleep. 

This was Luhan's first time sharing the bed with another person, and specifically another male, but oddly it felt just right. 

And who knows, maybe from today on, they'd become more than just roommates.