Gifted from the heavens above

Once Upon A Story

A/N: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHANYEOL <3

This story talks about mpreg, so for those that are uncomfortable or against it in any way, please just don't read this. 

Featuring: ChanLu

---------

 

The sunlight slowly creeping in through the curtains of their bedroom triggered the petite male to flutter his eyes open.

From their position on the bed, he had the perfect view of his boyfriend's adorable sleeping face. Luhan cautiously traced the outline of his features; it seemed the more he stared the more he was falling in love.

Park Chanyeol, his boyfriend of four years before they recently decided to move in together. Luhan could still vividly remember the events of the first day they met. He had been accepted into Seoul university and was living on campus. They were introduced by Baekhyun who was Chanyeol's best friend and coincidentally Luhan's new roommate. Chanyeol openly confessed that it was love at first sight, but Luhan politely declined saying he wanted to focus on his studies. Of course Chanyeol had been upset, but being the optimistic person he is, he never thought of giving up. They became really close friends. Chanyeol had been there for Luhan during the worst of times and finally after a year of courtship, the latter agreed to date him.

Even now reminiscing their times together would still cause his heart to palpitate and all the blood to drain into his cheeks; a smile would subconsciously tug at his lips. 

Luhan gently caressed his lover's cheek before peering over the giant's shoulder to look at the time. It was still fairly early in the morning, but he decided he needed to get up; after all, he would need all the time he could get. With a final glance at the sleeping male, he placed a tiny peck on the younger's forehead before carefully making his way off the bed and towards the kitchen. 

-------

Had it been any other day, it would always be Chanyeol in the kitchen making their meals; but since today wasn't just any ordinary day, Luhan thought this would be a nice change.

Chanyeol would tell Luhan he didn't want the elder to be too tired with trying to balance work and the house chores; especially cooking. Although it may have sounded sweet and thoughtful, Luhan knew that was an alternative way of telling him he was a terrible cook. Luhan didn't mind though, there was nothing to deny for it was the truth. 

So for the last month, Luhan had enlisted the help of his friend D.O. It was frustrating and many times D.O had given up hope on him; especially after he almost burned down the man's kitchen. But seeing how sincere and determined Luhan was, he almost felt guilty even thinking about rejecting the adorable deer so he continued teaching the latter. 

Breakfast would be quite simple. The main course would be grilled cheese, scrambled eggs with chopped sausages off to the sides and a strawberry banana milkshake to top it off. After a few successful trials and approval from D.O, Luhan was confident Chanyeol would enjoy his little surprise. 

-------

Chanyeol had been peacefully sleeping. One of the things that he loved the most about the weekends was having the day off to spend in bed, cuddling with his boyfriend. 

But this morning felt different. His eyelids twitched and his nose crinkled when the volume of the supposedly serene environment had amplified. Choosing to ignore this, he blindly reached out for that familiar warmth but was disappointed and worried when all that welcomed him was emptiness. Frowning, he finally open his eyes upon realizing Luhan was not within the room. 

He quickly clambered out of bed, nearly tripping over the covers in the process and rushed out the bedroom door. 

The taller male's heart settled down along with some of his worry when he saw his lover in the kitchen using the blender. Now that was a peculiar sight to see. 

He s his arms around Luhan's waist snugly, resting his chin in the crook of the startled male's neck. 

"What are you doing up so early? And in the kitchen of all places?"

A gasp escaped Luhan as the warm breath tickled him. 

"Yeollie, you aren't supposed to be awake yet!" He turned off the blender and swung around to cover Chanyeol's eyes. "You didn't see anything, now go and wash up." 

Although utterly confused, Chanyeol couldn't help but chuckle at how cute Luhan was being. He allowed himself to be pushed back into their room. 

-------

Once he made a reappearance, he was amazed to see breakfast placed on the dining table. 

Luhan led the stunned giant over to sit down. "Happy birthday Park Chanyeol." He quickly smooched the other's lips before settling down beside him. 

"Y-you made all this especially for me?" He finally found the voice to say. The fact that Luhan would go through all this trouble to make him an aesthetically pleasing breakfast much different from the usual burnt mess, well he was too touched for any other words. 

Luhan nodded, proud of his accomplishment. "Try it." He urged. 

He tried a bite of everything. The bread was crisped to golden perfection, the cheese was just the right amount melted. The eggs and sausages weren't too overly done and the milkshake was rich and creamy just the way he liked it. 

Chanyeol took the latter's hand and held it in his own. "Thank you baby, for all your hard work." Overall he was extremely impressed with his meal and upon hearing this, Luhan was quite pleased. 

"I have another surprise for you." 

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at the revelation. "Another surprise? 

Luhan nodded before fishing a photograph out of the pocket on his cardigan. 

The photo was black and white, displaying an enlarged head and a tiny body. 

Chanyeol's eyes dilated and looked up from the photo in his hand. "T-this...? Y-you're? I-I-I'm?" 

He had been keeping a close eye on his ill lover over the course of the last couple weeks. It made no sense to him that Luhan seemed to have an increased appetite, even managing to gain a bit of weight when he had been regurgitating anything and everything he consumed. But now everything started falling into place. This had all happened as a result of Luhan being pregnant.

The smaller male positioned a hand on top of the little bulge over his abdomen. With the loose fitting clothes he was wearing it was hard to tell there had been anything there. 

"Remember when we thought I had food poisoning a couple weeks ago because I was practically throwing up everything I ate? Well I finally had the chance to go see Yixing during my lunch break yesterday. It turns out I'm 12 weeks pregnant." 

Luhan stopped to glance at Chanyeol. He chewed on his lower lip nervously when he wasn't getting a response from the younger. 

Suddenly fear was instilled in him when Chanyeol's facial expression seemed unreadable. Chanyeol loved children, that much Luhan had been certain. Perhaps Chanyeol had been upset with him that he didn't tell him of the news right away? 

"I'm sorry Yeol, I didn't mean to keep this from you. I was so tempted to tell you yesterday but I wanted to give you the biggest surprise for your birthday." There was a pause, tears accumulating at the brim of his eyes. "P-please don't be mad at me." 

Chanyeol immediately snapped back into reality when he heard how hurt Luhan sounded. He crouched down in front of the pregnant male and thumbed away the falling tears. "Han, please don't get the wrong idea. I was speechless because I was too shocked and happy. I just can't believe we're finally going to be parents!" His tone was oozing with bliss.

Relief washed over him as he sent a smack to Chanyeol's shoulder. "Don't you dare scare me like that again!" 

"I'm sorry. Although I wish I could've been there to see our baby too." He placed a palm on the bump, gently rubbing it with a sad smile. 

Luhan's heart fluttered at how wonderful the words our baby sounded coming out of Chanyeol's mouth. 

"You'll get to see baby real soon. I'm due for another ultrasound when I'm at 20 weeks. We'll get to find out the gender." 

That caused an eye blinding smile to appear on the other male's face. He bent forward until his ear was right up against the protruding belly. "I can't wait to see you baby. But until I can hold you in my arms you have to promise me you'll be good for your baba while you're still inside of him okay?" He then lifted Luhan's shirt a little before planting a long and loving kiss on the skin. 

Unbeknownst to him, Luhan's heart practically melted at the affection. 

Seating himself back down, he guided Luhan to sit on top of his lap. He cradled the older male in his arms. "Thank you Han, for giving me the best and most memorable birthday ever. I love you." 

"I love you too." He managed to whisper just before his lips were engulfed by the other's. 

He was content being able to spend his birthday with his most beloved person and now with a baby on the way, Chanyeol felt even more blessed.